Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Woops, I hosed up, you can use Non-Switched CAWs in historical modes, it's just that one of the default options for Empires mode is the one that turns them off.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Phew, that's a big relief. Now my custom anime warrior can wield Lu Bu's halberd for Shu without issue!

Speaking of, I love that we can use Lu Bu's movset. I wanted to try something new for Empires, but I can't find any I like as much as that Halberd. Lu Bu's two musous's appeared to be incredibly overpowered during the demo. His aerial would one-shot everyone but Xiahou Dun. There's also something undeniably great about snagging a dude by the neck and tossing him into a group of his comrades with accompanying bombastic explosion of red lightning. :black101:

I only hope that someday the NPC's will be saying not to pursue me. :allears:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I woke up early so I could start the download and have DW7E ready to play when I got home from work...only I can't find the game on Playstation Store. Am I missing something?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I woke up early so I could start the download and have DW7E ready to play when I got home from work...only I can't find the game on Playstation Store. Am I missing something?

The store doesn't update at midnight. Try again about twelve hours from now.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dawnfire posted:

Phew, that's a big relief. Now my custom anime warrior can wield Lu Bu's halberd for Shu without issue!

Speaking of, I love that we can use Lu Bu's movset. I wanted to try something new for Empires, but I can't find any I like as much as that Halberd. Lu Bu's two musous's appeared to be incredibly overpowered during the demo. His aerial would one-shot everyone but Xiahou Dun. There's also something undeniably great about snagging a dude by the neck and tossing him into a group of his comrades with accompanying bombastic explosion of red lightning. :black101:

I only hope that someday the NPC's will be saying not to pursue me. :allears:

I more look forward to using Xiahou Ba's moveset on a CAW character that isn't a mincing whiny bitch.

FunkyBean
Mar 17, 2011
Low on fat and calories so gonna go eat some peanut butter.
Heres a livestream of DW8 if anyone is interested. I guess some copies got sold early in Japan.

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/quesa74

Right now they're playin through Wei's storyline.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

Like Too Bad said, it doesn't update right when it rolls over to Tuesday. Last week it updated at 11:00 PM Eastern so brace yourself for disappointment and expect to play it tomorrow like me.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jibo posted:

Like Too Bad said, it doesn't update right when it rolls over to Tuesday. Last week it updated at 11:00 PM Eastern so brace yourself for disappointment and expect to play it tomorrow like me.

I hate bullshit like this. They might as well say the game comes out on the 27th. Valve does the same thing sometimes with releases and it's supremely irritating and maybe even a little annoying.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

I hate bullshit like this. They might as well say the game comes out on the 27th. Valve does the same thing sometimes with releases and it's supremely irritating and maybe even a little annoying.

It depends on the publisher, but Valve often has a timer and the game usually comes out very close to when the timer expires.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

PureRok posted:

I know. I wish I could be an adult and resolve to myself that there's nothing I can do about it and just set in my mind that releases just come out on Wednesdays but I can't.

That said, tomorrow is the last of 14 days in a row that I've had to work so I'm really stoked to sit down with some beer and this game tomorrow night though I should probably spend some time with my girlfriend instead and will probably just pass out for like 16 hours.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How much is Empires? I still have Warriors Orochi 3 on the backlog.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

How much is Empires? I still have Warriors Orochi 3 on the backlog.

If you aren't concerned with unlocking every mission and character, you could probably get through Orochi's story and a good chunk of the side missions in a relatively short time.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Hell, getting through the story to Chapter 4 gives you a much easier way to unlock side missions for WO3.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I meant in terms of price....

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

How large can you make your export teams in DW7E? Just getting an idea of how many CAWs I should make.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

iastudent posted:

How large can you make your export teams in DW7E? Just getting an idea of how many CAWs I should make.

I think the teams can go up to five people.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
I noticed DW7: Empires wasn't in the drop for PSN. Is it still definitely out today?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Onion Rings posted:

I noticed DW7: Empires wasn't in the drop for PSN. Is it still definitely out today?

Yes. The PSN store just doesn't update on any sort of schedule other than some random point in the day. It's irritating.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just hope Sony is a bit more lax with their standards with disc-based games next gen. I like digital downloads but I rather own the physical discs. Just let me buy the disc copy of Empires 7 (and Way of the Samurai 4 while I'm at it).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jimbot posted:

I just hope Sony is a bit more lax with their standards with disc-based games next gen. I like digital downloads but I rather own the physical discs. Just let me buy the disc copy of Empires 7 (and Way of the Samurai 4 while I'm at it).

You can just buy them overseas. A lot of publishers do digital now because it's vastly cheaper to get them on the PSN than pay out the rear end for manufacturing and distribution. Both WotS 4 and DW7:E have PAL Blu-ray releases.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Where is the empires. Give them to me sony I'll pay money

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I actually have begun to prefer digital downloads. Usually means you save on taxes/shipping. Also, in the case of steam, you'd get the game earlier then shipping or driving to a store would allow. You also can't 'lose' a digital download.

I just wish Sony would get on a more definite update schedule for PSN. Valve and Xbox Live both have pretty standard dates for when something updates, and Valve even has that nice timer with the ability to preload games. Hopefully it's something they can at least work on for the PS4.

Edit: VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Yay, thanks for the update.

That price is ridiculous.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 26, 2013

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires appears to be up on the American PSStore now, though you have to search for it.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

DW7: Empires is now on PSN with search. It's $49.99.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Buy it direct from the online PS Store here. Nobunyaga is a limited time offer :getin: Gonna spread that Tenka Mewbu all over the fuckin' land.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Oh man oh man I can't wait to play dynasty warriors with only CAWs for the entire thing. Just... six hours... download time. Oh well, Nobunyaga is worth it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Aw yeah. Gonna download that game.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
Heck yes. Only 2 hours until small Samurai Cat domination.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Bloop.

Onion Rings fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 27, 2013

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Price is LAME, but $5 off with Sony card + $10 off with the PSN deal makes it bearable.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001

abagofcheetos posted:

Price is LAME, but $5 off with Sony card + $10 off with the PSN deal makes it bearable.

Or we could split it and do $25 each :)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Onion Rings posted:

Or we could split it and do $25 each :)

How many can share max? I would join if it three people at least.

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

The Sony store link for DW7E says it's 10.8MB. I understand the error, but is that the filesize then, 10.8GB?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

LoudLoudNoise posted:

The Sony store link for DW7E says it's 10.8MB. I understand the error, but is that the filesize then, 10.8GB?

I had to download a 10 MB bonus part and the main download is 8102 MB.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

How many can share max? I would join if it three people at least.

It's 2 total. Thus the game is $25 instead of $50 for the 2 people that do it.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Welp, I guess I can just download this overnight and get to cracking on conquering China again tomorrow.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Having started a new character, turns out I was a bit wrong about fame. The fame you get for battles is always your main fame type, so as long as you're careful and don't switch fame types early with skirmishes or whatever, you can become the kindest man in the world by killing thousands of people. Excellent.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What does fame do or determine? I'm still waiting for the download to finish and haven't played DW since 7 first came out.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Anyone wants to do a share for DW7: Empires? Though I would like someone else than I to buy :ohdear:

Onion Rings posted:

It's 2 total. Thus the game is $25 instead of $50 for the 2 people that do it.

If he doesn't take you up the offer I will :allears:

Bonby fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Doomhammer posted:

Having started a new character, turns out I was a bit wrong about fame. The fame you get for battles is always your main fame type, so as long as you're careful and don't switch fame types early with skirmishes or whatever, you can become the kindest man in the world by killing thousands of people. Excellent.

Hey, if Liu Bei can do it :v: