Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same suit pretty much but the eyes are more like the comic book (they are the comic book).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Timby posted:

As far as I can tell, it is the Raimi suit, just with bigger eyes.

Aside from the eyes, spider is chunkier, webs are thinner and not as curved and not silver.
:goonsay:

Looks awesome.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

let's also not forget that Andrew Garfield is TINY compared to Tobey Maguire. Either way I am digging the white eyes and just the costume in general, even though I didn't have any problems with the first costume

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
I imagine the first ASM suit was to differentiate its self from the first trilogy. Now that they've done that, they can change it back to something more standard. I am loving those eyes.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hatter106 posted:

It's literally the Raimi suit with bigger eyes, down to the grid pattern. Same stupid silver webbing.
It's a shame, I really liked the different take in ASM. I can only imagine that the old suit was forced on Webb by the studio.
It's a better design than ASM or the Raimi movies. What a difference in expressiveness larger eyes make.

Bonus points if they subtly change the eye shapes from scene to scene to emphasize his current thoughts and feelings.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

2nd photo down, whose hand is he holding there? SPECULATIONNNNNNNNNNN.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cardboard Box A posted:

It's a better design than ASM or the Raimi movies. What a difference in expressiveness larger eyes make.

Bonus points if they subtly change the eye shapes from scene to scene to emphasize his current thoughts and feelings.

As cool as that would be it would take me out of the movie - granted it's not out the realm of possibility that Parker would invent something like that.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

88h88 posted:

2nd photo down, whose hand is he holding there? SPECULATIONNNNNNNNNNN.

You sure that's a hand? I thought it was that red thing he's also holding in the last pic

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Shanty posted:

You sure that's a hand?

Nope! :v:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
New Mary Jane Watson:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2284642/Shailene-Woodley-makes-debut-Mary-Jane-set-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-sequel.html

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Isn't MJ supposed to be a supermodel!?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wow, I didn't think Sony was going to be so bold and grimy with the new Spider-Man movies.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MinibarMatchman posted:

She doesn't look like she's got makeup up.

edit: and she looks a lot cuter in the other pictures where she's actually smiling

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 26, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My idea of cast Emma Stone as MJ and never mentioning it at all is still better.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm assuming, unless there's a huge time-jump in the second movie, they'll still be in high school. So I doubt it.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wow, I didn't think Sony was going to be so bold and grimy with the new Spider-Man movies.

Ugh finally they're listening to ~~the fans~~

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It looks like the new suit is using the boot design that the comic and Raimi Spidey wears, I'm going to miss those track shoes from the first costume :(

Although I guess that's also to say that not only is Spidey making himself a new suit, he's also spending more money and time designing it than the first film

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

How do you mean?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How do you mean?

When Spider-Man saves you, you have to pay :huh:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How do you mean?

I mean that Spider-Man doesn't accept money to protect his neighborhood but he's down to haggle.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I mean that Spider-Man doesn't accept money to protect his neighborhood but he's down to haggle.

Action is his reward....

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MinibarMatchman posted:

She's not done up in that photo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I swear if people start complaining that Mary Jane isn't HOT ENOUGH!!! I will flip out.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

My idea of cast Emma Stone as MJ and never mentioning it at all is still better.

This would honestly be pretty awesome. Like Garrett Dilahunt in Deadwood.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

I swear if people start complaining that Mary Jane isn't HOT ENOUGH!!! I will flip out.

At least she doesn't have a snaggle tooth this time around.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like the new costume for Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been revealed on the first movie ASM's Facebook page:

The only thing I'm not liking are the two five-sided shapes of the webbing that are on the collarbone. There's usually somewhere on the suit where that kind of thing has to happen but you'd think they would have hid it a bit better. On the Raimi suit it was on the top of the head as one pentagon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TheJoker138 posted:

At least she doesn't have a snaggle tooth this time around.

Or look like Billy Corgan with long hair.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god, that's the girl from Secret Life Of The American Teenager on ABC Family, isn't it? I had the misfortune of seeing that show a couple times a few years ago and it was godawful. Created by the same woman who came up with 7th Heaven, and it felt like a 7th Heaven clone but much worse :ughh:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh god, that's the girl from Secret Life Of The American Teenager on ABC Family, isn't it? I had the misfortune of seeing that show a couple times a few years ago and it was godawful. Created by the same woman who came up with 7th Heaven, and it felt like a 7th Heaven clone but much worse :ughh:
She's been in a lot of bad TV. She was also in The Descendants two years ago and was really good there.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scary ghost dog posted:

I don't know if that's better or worse than "My wish fulfillment character doesn't look enough like a big dumb dork to satisfy my desire to see my pathetic poo poo life redeemed on the big screen".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Surlaw posted:

She's been in a lot of bad TV. She was also in The Descendants two years ago and was really good there.

That movie felt all-around just okay to me, and I didn't understand why it was praised as highly as it was. I barely remember her performance from it at all, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

I don't know if that's better or worse than "My wish fulfillment character doesn't look enough like a big dumb dork to satisfy my desire to see my pathetic poo poo life redeemed on the big screen".

Toby McGuire looked like a big dumb dork and he was awful as Spider-Man, don't people ever learn?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Toby McGuire looked like a big dumb dork and he was awful as Spider-Man, don't people ever learn?

And Garfield looks much more like how Peter has been drawn since the Romita days anyway. The only time Peter was drawn as a total dork was when Ditko was drawing him as a young republican self insert Randroid fantasy character.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That movie felt all-around just okay to me, and I didn't understand why it was praised as highly as it was. I barely remember her performance from it at all, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

She got an Academy Award nomination out of it, so I think she did okay for herself, and I am sure she'll do just fine as MJ with or with out nerd approval.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Rhyno posted:

Hey don't steal my idea you jerk! :)

Comfortador posted:

Obviously the solution is to have Emma Stone play Mary Jane as well!

Rhyno posted:

I really like the idea someone came up with in this thread, just case Emma as Mary Jane as well and never mention the fact that they are identical. Technology has caught up where they could convincingly have them interact with each other so I see no reason not to do this!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comfortador posted:

Hey don't steal my idea you jerk! :)

It's my idea now!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

When Spider-Man saves you, you have to pay :huh:

Jesus, I should place my head in the gutter when reading Awful.

I think this new MJ is a good looking woman, makeup or no. Obviously having a bit of slap on helps the supermodel angle, but she's likely just in high school so it's all good.

With regards the suit, I wonder why they so radically altered the look from the first movie and made it so similar to the Raimi movies' look?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chris Cooper is Norman Osborn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/amazing-spider-man-chris-cooper-424874

Awesome!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

As long as it is not Tommy Lee Jones. I also think Chris Cooper will make an amazing Norman Osborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YES! I enjoyed the idea of Michael Masse when he was rumored but Cooper brings a whole new level to this.

• Locked thread