Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltagemaster
Feb 22, 2013
Sorry about sending so many *requests*! I didn't realise they were going through, so I sent about 3 or 4. Just started playing today, but this game looks absolutely amazing for a free one - you can really see how much time they've put in to the graphical side of the game, and I love it. Can't wait to get involved with some GvG at 60, thanks for the wicked OP and advice.

Voltagemaster fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokk
Nov 18, 2005
i'm legit.
Just applied as Nuglet. Let me in! :D

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If i buy a month of elite then cancel it will my account keep the extra character slots?

You only get more character slots if you buy a copy of the game, or trough the cash shop.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We've got our first J4G :toot:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

KaneTW posted:

Nice, going places.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Kick my alt "Sasaku".

Give a few days then kick "Alavaria" too. I'd do it myself but I forgot and I'm not reinstalling that just to quit guild. Sorry.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh no! Why Alavaria :(

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Can't deal with that stress of being a 60 man. WHAT'S THE POINT :suicide:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

TERA's endgame is more fun than WoW or Rift's though. Not much else out there except GW2 and Eve and stuff.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
We didn't always have this much end game, many people quit last year because we had literally nothing.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Apped as Synsta, the not-so-sexy Aman lancer.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
I still have the complete 26 GB beta client from Frogster on my HDD but can't get the Happy Cloud downloader to recognize it, no matter where I put it.
I'll check back some time next week when it's finished.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Alavaria posted:

Kick my alt "Sasaku".

Give a few days then kick "Alavaria" too. I'd do it myself but I forgot and I'm not reinstalling that just to quit guild. Sorry.

Nooooo. Who is going to tail sway with me now.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

KaneTW posted:

What is a J4G?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I always read it as Join For Goons, but maybe it's also guilds or something. The term itself is used whenever some pubby who doesn't actually visit SA registers and wastes 10 bucks just to get into a guild with goons for goon "benefits" because they know the guild is from SA. Maybe they're here to turn on PVP, FROM THE INSIDE. :iiam:

KaneTW is also assuming people don't lurk before registering for this kind of stuff, I actually just browsed SA for the longest time before I decided to get back in FFXI and didn't want to do it alone. I never did end up getting back into it, though. :v:

Damone
May 3, 2009

lethial posted:

What is a J4G?

Join for goon group/guild/clan. Some people register solely to join a goon group... Although to be fair, they'll probably use to forums to a lesser extent later as well.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

So i'm level 33 at the minute and am questing in Pora Elinu (kill me) but I am just aimlessly following my story quests to the zones it tells me to go to. I noticed that I have unlocked a buttload of new flight paths when I hit 30 - Can I just go to these places and begin questing there too, or is it recommended to follow the story?

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Oh... I did't know that was a thing... I thought it was a secret code for something like all guilds on the server declared war on us. Or that we are in a pack of alliance with 4 guilds or something...

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Thievery posted:

So i'm level 33 at the minute and am questing in Pora Elinu (kill me) but I am just aimlessly following my story quests to the zones it tells me to go to. I noticed that I have unlocked a buttload of new flight paths when I hit 30 - Can I just go to these places and begin questing there too, or is it recommended to follow the story?

Very recommended indeed. Your story quests will take you to all the zones you would have gone to anyway. If you're feeling aimless by following these quests, you'll have no sense of direction on your own for sure. Leveling in Tera is much more linear (with zones) than other games.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 26, 2013

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Thievery posted:

While I agree that following the story is very much recommended, I was one of those that just did all the quests, and "wasted time" doing dungeon runs and really wasted a lot of time soloing BAMs during my later levels. Certainly not efficient in term of xp/hour. But I enjoyed the journey. By the time that I hit the level 52 grind, I was well on the way to 57 and couple sky garden runs later I was 57 and before I knew it I got to 58.

So the level 52 grind wasn't much of a grind for me. In fact what really felt like a "grind" was level 58 -60, since I erraneously thought that at that point I should just only focus on the story quests, and barely do any other quests that are around the story quests' areas. So I ended up had to back track a lot to hunt down the quests that I needed to get to level 59 to unlock more story quests.

So depends on your game play preference and your class.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Okay, I figured i'd get everywhere eventually anyway but so far i've spent my entire in-game life just in this one tiny corner of the world. It looks like there's so much to go out and see but all my quests are just Velika and Poporia. I did have to go to Chebika and sorta liked the look of that place but after doing all the quests in the mine I unlocked another story one that sent me to Cutthroat harbour - and again, once that was over, it was back to Poporia.

I've only been to like 5 zones in the entire world. At the moment I sorta went off the story mode path and found my way into the Eldritch Manor which is really cool, so i'm questing here. The enemies are 2 levels above me but that counts for nothing, especially when I can still gather up a room full and AOE them down with Slayer power.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

lethial posted:

While I agree that following the story is very much recommended, I was one of those that just did all the quests, and "wasted time" doing dungeon runs and really wasted a lot of time soloing BAMs during my later levels. Certainly not efficient in term of xp/hour. But I enjoyed the journey. By the time that I hit the level 52 grind, I was well on the way to 57 and couple sky garden runs later I was 57 and before I knew it I got to 58.

So the level 52 grind wasn't much of a grind for me. In fact what really felt like a "grind" was level 58 -60, since I erraneously thought that at that point I should just only focus on the story quests, and barely do any other quests that are around the story quests' areas. So I ended up had to back track a lot to hunt down the quests that I needed to get to level 59 to unlock more story quests.

So depends on your game play preference and your class.

Well if you decide to grind a lot, it should be the yellow and not the story quests you skib. For other people, fear not, 58-60 is a lot easier than you would think. These two last levels were designed way later than the rest. This team decided to make it a lot easier. You'll find yourself one-combo'ing all the mobs again once you set foot in the new zones.

Thievery posted:

The enemies are 2 levels above me but that counts for nothing, especially when I can still gather up a room full and AOE them down with Slayer power.

With the right cystals a few levels shouldn't matter.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 26, 2013

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Oh I didn't mean that I actually grinded (aka. killing mobs w/o quests endlessly) I just rushed through and only did the story quests and nothing else and thought that I'd get enough xp to get to 60. :ohdear: So by "grinding" I really meant that I had to go back to all the hubs with yellow quests and redo them all, and sometimes forgetting where the quest givers are :(

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Just had a thought and wanted to post it here. Seeing a few people who have played say they are not coming back to the game; would it be a good idea to get their account info (getting their permission first) and hold them for the guild to use? In Lineage 2, the clan I was in had a few accounts that were "clan owned" and had a bunch of Prophets/Bishops/SO for clan members to use. Those members had to have been around for a while before they could use the accounts.

Just a thought.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
KaneTW you kicked my char! (Understandable as I spent the last two weeks playing on a different server with my friend)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fixit posted:

Just had a thought and wanted to post it here. Seeing a few people who have played say they are not coming back to the game; would it be a good idea to get their account info (getting their permission first) and hold them for the guild to use? In Lineage 2, the clan I was in had a few accounts that were "clan owned" and had a bunch of Prophets/Bishops/SO for clan members to use. Those members had to have been around for a while before they could use the accounts.

Just a thought.

Yesss please.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

KaneTW posted:

Yesss please.

I will try and work on something to put in the OP this weekend, some rules and guidelines. If that is alright.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fixit posted:

I will try and work on something to put in the OP this weekend, some rules and guidelines. If that is alright.

Yeah, sure, go ahead.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, sure, go ahead.

Maybe discuss this on the clan forums and not in public? I know account sharing like this happens endgame on basically every MMO, but it's always technically against the TOS. Generally it only gets enforced if it's flagrant - but being in public is a good way to make it flagrant.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Harik posted:

Maybe discuss this on the clan forums and not in public? I know account sharing like this happens endgame on basically every MMO, but it's always technically against the TOS. Generally it only gets enforced if it's flagrant - but being in public is a good way to make it flagrant.

Thanks for this information!

Odelle
Sep 11, 2005

She's a maniac
I just applied!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Velveteen posted:

Nooooo. Who is going to tail sway with me now.

My zerker's tail sway will be there in a few days!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
People seem to be scared or wonder what 3 man Kelsaik's Nest is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDamHQCwcUs

I recorded one run awhile back. I didn't need to shout because DPS did pathetic damage without crits!

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I think Enmasse messed up when they were designing this armor for High Elf Plate back in the day. :V
At least it's slightly better than the gold bikini I was rocking.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Please put your SA username in the application.

Kavaar / Kane.Unibomb, apply again.

Voltagemaster
Feb 22, 2013

KaneTW posted:

I joined the forums because I'm tired of the shitposting on other communities. It's funny because I actually came for TRP and what Fixit said is actually pretty true, but it's no big deal and I'm proud to be the owner of a unique title. Suck it sheeple :smuggo:

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
This game is beautiful

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, it is. I'm level 52 now and that ice area has been the highlight for me so far in terms of scenery. Though from what I've seen the level 53 instance seems really pretty too, looking forward to it.

Excuse the random players/mobs.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Everyone takes a screenshot of the frozen whirlpool the first time they see it.

Speaking of pretty, though, I'm getting blown away by how much detail I missed before I upgraded my pc. This game has so much stuff you can miss. Especially if you had to turn settings off to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
So... I just saw this.

... are we being hunted or something?

• Locked thread