Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Drake and Josh is a much better show than Kenan and Kel there I said it :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

I found a video to Marvin Marvin (on Nickelodeon, apparently) in the comments section, with the comment poster saying that it got cable banned from his friend's house. I think that's a fair action. The video is here, trigger warning for awfulness. Oh yeah, and it has Fred the YouTube personality. I guess he has Nick by the balls now.

Well thats.... certainly something that I would not watch regularly but as other people have said is that really any worse than the stuff that Kenan and Kell did?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sockser posted:

Drake and Josh is a much better show than Kenan and Kel there I said it :negative:

That doesn't mean that Drake and Josh isn't god damned terrible though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Excuse me but which show has a reference in the thread title?
:colbert:

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've been trying to figure out how Lucas Cruikshank ever amassed as many views as he did within youtube to garner that sort of attention.

Same with "the annoying orange".

As said within the comments section, it is for the most part correct. It's not as if Nickelodeon hasn't put a terribly written kids show on the air before. Try watching old episodes of Kenan and Kel, and All That now. They don't seem to hold up all that well after you've been introduced to years of better written and smarter comedy.

I heard that Fred was astroturfed as hell.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

raditts posted:

That doesn't mean that Drake and Josh isn't god damned terrible though.

Josh Peck seemed like he has potential as an actor. I'd be intrigued to see him in a well-written sitcom. (possible oxymoron there).

I found Drake and Josh rather unwatchable though. Miranda Cosgrove's character just was so terrible.

I'll still say it, Kenan and Kel as a duo were pretty good. Good Burger is still pretty funny, and the TV movies does have it's moments.

The show? Terrible. Really formulaic, and extremely predictable. I realize it's supposed to be a kids show, but again it didn't age well.

PhazonLink posted:

I heard that Fred was astroturfed as hell.

really? do tell.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sockser posted:

Also, while on the subject, Nick at Nite is loving unwatchable since they started showing the Nanny nonstop. It's worse than nonstop George Lopez. Bring back nonstop Roseanne and Fresh Prince thanks.

Psst I remember when it was Mr Ed, The many loves of Dobie Gillis, lassie etc.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

max4me posted:

Psst I remember when it was Mr Ed, The many loves of Dobie Gillis, lassie etc.

Oh no I mean, I grew up on Nick at Nite playing some old poo poo.

I remember, in particular, strolling into fifth grade, and leaning over to my neighbor and saying "hey dude, did you see Laverne and Shirley last night?"

and then I felt like a loving idiot because of course he didn't loving watch Laverne and Shirley last night.

But Nick at Nite was at its prime when it was just 8 hours of Fresh Prince every night. This is not debatable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I remember once doing a search on my program guide a few years ago and counting the amount of Fresh Prince playing across all channels on a given day. If I remember correctly there was 25-26 hours worth.

I also remember when TV Land was still called Nick at Nite TV Land and they showed all the old TV shows I'd watch in the afternoons after school before cartoons came on. I kinda miss the whole tinseltown aesthetic they used to have.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Josh Peck seemed like he has potential as an actor. I'd be intrigued to see him in a well-written sitcom. (possible oxymoron there).

I found Drake and Josh rather unwatchable though. Miranda Cosgrove's character just was so terrible.

I'll still say it, Kenan and Kel as a duo were pretty good. Good Burger is still pretty funny, and the TV movies does have it's moments.

The show? Terrible. Really formulaic, and extremely predictable. I realize it's supposed to be a kids show, but again it didn't age well.

Not much from 90s era Nick did, if you ask me. At least, not the live-action stuff. I used to watch the poo poo out of Hey Dude when I was a kid, and I couldn't make it to the first commercial break when I tried to watch it once on that 90's block.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 20, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Out of all those 90s Nick shows I think the only actor who ever made it out was Christine Taylor.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I kind of wish Nick at Nite would sticking to playing TV shows more culturally relevant than what they've shown in the past couple of months.

For example? All in the Family fascinates me in terms of what it kind of showed within the time period it was set in. I wouldn't mind seeing that on the air once in a while in between showings of stuff ranging from "The Cosby Show", to "Taxi" to yes, "Fresh Prince".

And when I mean "Culturally Relevant" I mean shows that were actually popular during the time it was airing. No one really cared all that much about "The George Lopez Show" when it aired. It was trash then, it's still trash now.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 20, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Did people like The Nanny when it aired?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Out of all those 90s Nick shows I think the only actor who ever made it out was Christine Taylor.

Melissa Joan Hart?
And of course Kenan Thompson.

edit: And Alanis Morrissette, if you count her as an actor and You Can't Do That On Television as a Nick show. Even then I guess it's only technically a 90's show since Wikipedia says it ended in 1990 and was in reruns for the next four years.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 21, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Didn't Summer Sanders or whatever her name was go on the be in real TV/movie stuff?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Toby Huss who was Artie The Strongest Man in The World on "Pete and Pete" wound up having a decent career.

He ended up voicing Cotton Hill, Kahn, and Joe Jack on King of the Hill. He also was "Big Mike" on Reno 911.

Also, his most famous role was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw

"I'm the WIZ! I'm the WIZ!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know a show I remember watching an liking a lot was American Dragon Jake Long, then they had that redesign :catstare: Holy poo poo I remember hating what they did to that show.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Kenan & Kel is formulaic and all, but they just have so much chemistry and everyone actor looks like they had a good time making that show. Plus Grady from Sanford & Son was on a couple times as one of Kenan's relatives, so there's that. A lot of All That may not hold up all that well either but the energy still wins me over, and there was always that capacity to surprise with a bizarre turn of phrase or slapstick.

Shame about Amanda Bynes :/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix just added the 2000s era He-Man series. Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being pretty good.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ben 10 Omniverse continues to stay good. Showdown was pretty decent, with nice fights and well-placed jokes. Tummy Trouble is probably one of the best episodes in terms of humor, that intercom scene had me giggling like an idiot.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Netflix just added the 2000s era He-Man series. Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being pretty good.

That's been up there for awhile, but, yeah, 2002 He-Man is one of the best in the franchise.

The complete DVD set is pretty cheap too at only $20 SRP with extras including the script for an episode that wasn't animated.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

horriblePencilist posted:

Ben 10 Omniverse continues to stay good. Showdown was pretty decent, with nice fights and well-placed jokes. Tummy Trouble is probably one of the best episodes in terms of humor, that intercom scene had me giggling like an idiot.

Ben 10 Omniverse just doesn't gel for me. It's all so bland and inoffensive, yet it manages to have so many minor irritants (Those wacky scientists etc) Plus I find art design and the no-pupils sort of thing off-putting.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FrostedButts posted:

That's been up there for awhile, but, yeah, 2002 He-Man is one of the best in the franchise.

The complete DVD set is pretty cheap too at only $20 SRP with extras including the script for an episode that wasn't animated.

I really loved what He-Man '02 did with the legacies of past heroes and villains of Eternia over the course of the series, gave the whole thing the feel of this vast space epic and the He-Man/Skeletor conflict was just the latest chapter of it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Am I missing something with Power Rangers? I never saw the appeal of the show, and those first 3 episodes of the latest incarnation aren't any better. I get that it's a staple of the Sentai-series, but everything just feels so shallow and bland.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

McSpanky posted:

I really loved what He-Man '02 did with the legacies of past heroes and villains of Eternia over the course of the series, gave the whole thing the feel of this vast space epic and the He-Man/Skeletor conflict was just the latest chapter of it.

The thing with Man-at-arms, the sorcerers and Teela blew my mind given the source material.

That and Skeletor was an actual effectual bad guy and that was good to see.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Am I missing something with Power Rangers? I never saw the appeal of the show, and those first 3 episodes of the latest incarnation aren't any better. I get that it's a staple of the Sentai-series, but everything just feels so shallow and bland.

I haven't watched the newest series, it's really series-by-series as far as quality goes. If you honestly want to get into Power Rangers, Power Rangers: RPM is pretty much the best season, and readily available on Netflix. After that, I dunno, maybe SPD? Space? Lost Galaxy?

vvv poo poo, yeah, Time Force is like the best after RPM

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 26, 2013

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Yeah this show feels shallow and bland because it is. Time Force is another really good series that's a lot of fun.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Why the gently caress didn't Disney release the last Talespin DVD? :raise:

Did they not sell well or something?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Nickelodeon, who for the first time ever is in the unusual position of having their square pants handed to them by their competition, is #2 in the upfront-go-round this year, and they seem poised to get out of SpongeBob overabundance by copying what Disney and CN have been doing.

Nickelodeon posted:

ANIMATION:

Sanjay & Craig – The 20-episode series tells the story of two best friends–one of whom is a snake–and the true adventures of being a kid. Voice actors include: Maulik Pancholy (30 Rock) as Sanjay; Chris Hardwick (Nerdist, Back at the Barnyard) as Craig; Tony Hale (Arrested Development) as Mr. Noodman; Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks) as Megan; Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) as Vijay; and Grey DeLisle (Fairly Odd Parents) as Darlene. Sanjay & Craig is created and co-executive produced by Jim Dirschberger , Jay Howell (character design for Bob’s Burgers) and Andreas Trolf , and executive produced by Nickelodeon alumni Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi (The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Alvin and the Chipmunks).

Monsters vs. Aliens – Inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s 2009 blockbuster feature film ($383 million worldwide gross), this new series follows the further adventures of the beloved monsters — B.O.B., the gelatinous blob without a brain; Link, the prehistoric fish-man; Dr. Cockroach, the half-man/half-insect mad scientist; and Susan (aka Ginormica), the incredible growing woman — as they learn to adapt to a new world filled with bizarre aliens. This series, which is greenlit for 26 episodes, marks the third partnership between Nickelodeon and DreamWorks Animation.

Rabbids – This series brings to television the hysterical physical comedy that is the hallmark in Ubisoft’s wildly successful Rabbids video games. Irreverent, unpredictable and silly, the Rabbids are a mysterious breed of rabbit-like creatures that explore, and often wreak havoc, in the human world. Everything is a source of wonder and amusement, and these indestructible and uncontrollable creatures have absolutely no respect for the social rules that govern society. For them, there are no laws, no rules of the road. It’s all about having fun and saying “Bwaaaaaah!” Nickelodeon has secured global broadcast rights for 26 new half-hour CG episodes of Rabbids, which will be produced by Ubisoft.

Breadwinners – Created by Gary “Doodles” DiRaffaele (MAD, Metalocalypse), who was discovered from Nick’s 2012 Animated Shorts Program, and Steve Borst (Teen Titans Go!, MAD), Breadwinners follows two booty-shaking ducks as they operate a bread delivery service out of their awesome, jet-fueled rocket van. The series was picked up for 20 full-length episodes.
Nickelodeon has renewed its Animated Shorts Program, as a further commitment to produce hit animated content for kids. Last year, more than 600 pitches were collected during Nickelodeon’s inaugural program. From the pitches, 12 were created and five are in series development. All 12 shorts will air on the network, or appear on https://www.nick.com or on Nickelodeon’s new app, which launched Feb. 21.
Nickelodeon also announced a third season pick up of its hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, which was 2012′s number-one new animated program with boys 2-11 across all TV. Season two is currently in production.

For the 2013-14 season, the network will also roll out new episodes of returning hit animated series, including season two of The Legend of Korra, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Winx Club, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Kung Fu Panda : Legends of Awesomeness and Robot and Monster.

LIVE ACTION:

The Haunted Hathaways – Life in The Big Easy gets a little more complicated and way more spirited when the Hathaway siblings ( Amber Montana , Breanna Yde ) and their mom ( Ginifer King ) move into a house already occupied by a dad ( Chico Benymon ) and his sons ( Curtis Harris , Benjamin “Lil P-Nut” Flores Jr.) who happen to be ghosts. Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), The Haunted Hathaways is executive produced by Boyce Bugliari & Jamie McLaughlin (Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures). The series will begin production on 20 episodes this spring.

Wendell & Vinnie – A brand-new, live-action family comedy featuring Jerry Trainor (iCarly) in his first starring and producing role, this series follows 30-year-old Vinnie Bassett (Trainor) living the life of a carefree bachelor, when he suddenly becomes the legal guardian of his precocious, wise-beyond-his-years nephew, Wendell ( Buddy Handleson , Shake It Up) forming a hysterical odd-couple family dynamic. Nicole Sullivan ( Rita Rocks , MadTV) also stars as Vinnie’s older unlucky-in-love sister, Wilma, with Haley Strode (Gangster Squad) as Vinnie’s newly divorced neighbor and love interest, Taryn. Wendell & Vinnie, which has received has received a 20 episode order. The series airs regularly on Saturdays at 8p.m. (ET/PT).

Sam & Cat – In this comedic spin-off from award-winning creator and executive producer Dan Schneider (iCarly, Victorious, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101), Sam & Cat stars Jennette McCurdy (iCarly‘s Sam Puckett ) and Ariana Grande (Victorious’ Cat Valentine) reprising their roles from their respective hit shows. The series features the pair as unlikely roommates and best friends who become teen entrepreneurs by starting their own after-school babysitting business. Sam & Cat is currently in production on 20 episodes in Los Angeles and will premiere this fall.

The Thundermans – The Thundermans are a typical suburban family who happen to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins, Max ( Jack Griffo ) and Phoebe ( Kira Kosarin ), who share the same bathroom, the same school and the same annoying younger siblings. Their only difference? Phoebe is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and Max aspires to become a super villain. The 13-episode series will commence production this spring and is written by longtime Nickelodeon producer Jed Spingarn , who most recently served as co-executive producer of the hit series Big Time Rush and prior to that, produced on The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo.

Nick Studio 10 – This live, daily afternoon daypart features four friends who make and share outrageously funny content in real time. Beginning this spring, content created on the show will also migrate from on-air to the recently launched Nick App , and content from the app will also be featured on the series.

Awesomeness (working title) – Nickelodeon is partnering with Brian Robbins (Smallville, One Tree Hill, Coach Carter) to co-develop a new half-hour sketch comedy show that features a mix of new and existing content from the extremely popular online site AwesomenessTV.
Nickelodeon will also premiere more new episodes of its hit live-action series, including Big Time Rush, Marvin Marvin and See Dad Run.

PRESCHOOL:

Dora and Friends – An original, animated Dora the Explorer spin-off, Dora and Friends: Into the City stars Latina heroine Dora as a 10-year-old who goes on city adventures with a group of new friends. Fantastical twists and turns abound as the stories take Dora and her friends into exotic magical worlds waiting to be explored. Dora and Friends features a curriculum that fosters a child’s understanding of Spanish, teamwork, music and community service. The series has been picked up for 20 episodes and will launch on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Wallykazam – This new animated series is Nickelodeon’s first literacy show for preschoolers that embeds the curriculum into a rich narrative story, with the goal of helping kids fall in love with words and inspiring them to read. The original comedy follows the adventures of a boy named Wally Trollman and his pet dragon, Norville. Wally has a magic stick that makes words come to life and playfully transforms the world around him. Wallykazam! is currently in production on 26 episodes that will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Blaze and the Monster Machines – This original CG-animated series introduces preschoolers to the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). This is the first preschool show that features a curriculum dedicated to all areas of STEM. Viewers will join an eight-year-old boy named AJ and his incredible monster truck Blaze on super-sized adventures. AJ and the viewer help Blaze as they explore the physics of how things move, master mathematics and discover how everyday technologies work. The series, which received a 20-episode order, will debut on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Peter Rabbit – This new CG-animated series is a reimagining of the popular Beatrix Potter children’s books based on the beloved Peter Rabbit character, which have sold over 250 million copies worldwide and have been translated into 35 languages. The series follows the adventures of Peter Rabbit and his best friends Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail. Peter Rabbit features educational goals that encourage preschoolers to learn problem-solving and interpersonal skills, self-efficacy, resilience, positive re-framing and fosters an interest in nature. The series, which received a 26-episode order, launched on Feb. 19 and posted double-digit gains and won its time period across all cable with kids 2-5, adults 18-49 and total viewers.

Here's the Breadwinners short, which definitely seems to have a Regular Show vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vls-7QPgiBk

DarkUltim8Hedgehog
Dec 5, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Why the gently caress didn't Disney release the last Talespin DVD? :raise:

Did they not sell well or something?

I feel spoiled by the speed at which the Darkwing Duck DVDs were released. I'm surprised their popularity isn't about the same..?

Regardless, I'm hoping this is a matter of patience, and not something that will never be released. That gap on my shelf is really starting to aggravate my "OCD" side when I'm lying in bed at night though. Disney, this isn't like you.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DarkUltim8Hedgehog posted:

Regardless, I'm hoping this is a matter of patience, and not something that will never be released. That gap on my shelf is really starting to aggravate my "OCD" side when I'm lying in bed at night though. Disney, this isn't like you.

I hope so as well, but the first two came out in like 2006 and 2007. They've had quite a while to ship the third one :(

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hmm, whats up with all the edutainment? I know that Nick Jr. hasn't been exactly charming for awhile now but some of those sound like they were pulled out of the broadcast network E/I requirement dungeons.

DarkUltim8Hedgehog
Dec 5, 2012

I have a lot of respect for Dora and Friends because it's great to see a show promote learning other languages. That said, I find the predictable, plug-in formula of the show hard to stomach as an adult, and I never cared for the Diego character at all.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

DarkUltim8Hedgehog posted:

I have a lot of respect for Dora and Friends because it's great to see a show promote learning other languages. That said, I find the predictable, plug-in formula of the show hard to stomach as an adult, and I never cared for the Diego character at all.

I had to watch both Dora and Diego for another thread not too long ago and I can say pretty confidently that Diego is better. This is partly due to the fact that Diego is targeting Elementary school kids and Dora is targeting preschoolers but the lions share of the difference comes from the fact that I am %90 sure Dora is clinically insane. It's the pauses she makes when she talks to the audience. They last just a little too long.

That said, neither show really offends me as far as little kid's cartoons go. They're predictable and dull but ultimately teach good lessons and won't make parents want to kill themselves the way Barney or Teletubbies would back in the day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mobo85 posted:

Nickelodeon, who for the first time ever is in the unusual position of having their square pants handed to them by their competition, is #2 in the upfront-go-round this year, and they seem poised to get out of SpongeBob overabundance by copying what Disney and CN have been doing.

Here's the Breadwinners short, which definitely seems to have a Regular Show vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vls-7QPgiBk

Haha this has potential I think to go up against Gravity Fall/Adventure Time/Regular Show if done right. I especially love how the music was used.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

readingatwork posted:

I had to watch both Dora and Diego for another thread not too long ago and I can say pretty confidently that Diego is better. This is partly due to the fact that Diego is targeting Elementary school kids and Dora is targeting preschoolers but the lions share of the difference comes from the fact that I am %90 sure Dora is clinically insane. It's the pauses she makes when she talks to the audience. They last just a little too long.

Diego thinks he can talk to animals, and you think Dora's the insane one?
He literally spent an episode carrying an iguana across the countryside so it could poo poo on a farm, so he could use the poo poo to grow some strawberries. That's loving bonkers.

Cliff Racer posted:

Hmm, whats up with all the edutainment? I know that Nick Jr. hasn't been exactly charming for awhile now but some of those sound like they were pulled out of the broadcast network E/I requirement dungeons.

Nick Jr. did a massive format overhaul last March and everything new they've had since then has been dogshit. The worst offender probably being NickMom, their very own retarded version of Adult Swim.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 1, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Nick Jr. did a massive format overhaul last March and everything new they've had since then has been dogshit. The worst offender probably being NickMom, their very own retarded version of Adult Swim.

The best part is that their target audience hates it and have posted saying as much, that they'd much rather have something to help put a colicky kid to sleep, but Nick's response has pretty much been "gently caress you, you're gonna watch us anyway."

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Speaking of Nickelodeon, in my opinion the best show they have right now is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's the only one my kids watch anymore. We didn't even know Fairly Odd Parents was still going.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

J2DK posted:

Speaking of Nickelodeon, in my opinion the best show they have right now is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's the only one my kids watch anymore. We didn't even know Fairly Odd Parents was still going.

Wait, it is? They really don't promote that show, do they?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

Wait, it is? They really don't promote that show, do they?

Probably because it's one of zombie shows like Spongebob where it's not actually canceled, they just only make one new episode per year or so.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Watched an old Doug episode last night, and found it funny they had a reference to "Tommy" last night.

http://isometimescallmyselfchaserobertson.blogspot.com/2011/01/project-yancey-episode-28-dougs-got-no.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cySnG42s0lE

Unrelated but "Pinball Wizard" owns all.

Moreso related, were "The Beets" more a satire of "The Who" than they were "The Beatles"? The lead singer sounds like he's trying to sing more like Daltrey than John or Paul.

404GoonNotFound posted:

The best part is that their target audience hates it and have posted saying as much, that they'd much rather have something to help put a colicky kid to sleep, but Nick's response has pretty much been "gently caress you, you're gonna watch us anyway."

Yeah, Nickmoon seems like it's moreso Nickelodeon trying to be more like the E! network in a lot of ways than Adult Swim. A ton of wine drinking suburb types making lame offensive jokes. I recall reading that during their "Moms night out show" they said some nasty comments about adopted kids, some mom had walked in finding her (adopted) kids crying and really confused as to why someone would be making fun of them.

Really I feel terrible for parents out there who have one less option in terms of putting on something to get the kiddies to bed.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Diego thinks he can talk to animals, and you think Dora's the insane one?
He literally spent an episode carrying an iguana across the countryside so it could poo poo on a farm, so he could use the poo poo to grow some strawberries. That's loving bonkers.

Yeah, I should note that "insane" is a relative term here. Neither of those kid's is quite right.

Also, that sounds like it could be an awesome episode of something in the right writer's hands.

Macaluso posted:

Haha this has potential I think to go up against Gravity Fall/Adventure Time/Regular Show if done right. I especially love how the music was used.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but it's got a lot of energy and a few really good moments. Plus I really like the way they groove to the soundtrack.