Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aaand now I'm thinking of uninstalling it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Shalinor posted:

Also, maybe we'll all win the lottery, and world peace will set in, and kitties and puppies will rain from the heavens.

You could put that last bit in 1.1 of Jones On Fire...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Aaand now I'm thinking of uninstalling it again

Just don't update. If you did, check iTunes to see if it still has an older version. Because gently caress these expansion costs without the glitch.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Check your recycle bin. When you update through iTunes or sync or transfer purchases, iTunes will throw the previous version into the recycle bin. Just move that file back to your mobile applications directory, delete the new version from your library and sync again.

If you have a mac, I don't know, you're the mac user. You figure it out.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
I hate to bring this up again as I'm sure it's been talked about a few times but I got a nice iTunes gift card and was interested in picking up one of the card games.

I really can't decide between getting Ascension or Summoner Wars. I saw that summoner wars has a pretty good thread going. I've heard they're very different games (strategy vs deck building) but if I were to get just one what would y'all suggest. I've played Shadow Era and liked it ok. I've also played MtG before but that was years and years ago and I was never into very big.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Shachi posted:

I hate to bring this up again as I'm sure it's been talked about a few times but I got a nice iTunes gift card and was interested in picking up one of the card games.

I really can't decide between getting Ascension or Summoner Wars. I saw that summoner wars has a pretty good thread going. I've heard they're very different games (strategy vs deck building) but if I were to get just one what would y'all suggest. I've played Shadow Era and liked it ok. I've also played MtG before but that was years and years ago and I was never into very big.

I thought that ascension was a much better game than summoner wars.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Get Ascension and all the card packs. Summoner Wars is good but sort of bland.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Ascension is easier to pick up and it's also really awesome.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah Ascension is more polished and very easy to get into -- I don't want to disparage Summoner Wars because it's a solid game, and the port's not bad, but I usually have multiple games of Ascension going with a few friends on any given day and it's great to launch the app and shoot a few turns back and forth for five or ten minutes, and the card variety once you've picked up the expansions has kept things from going stale almost fifty games later. Summoner Wars, however, is a little slower, a little harder, and for me, requires some mental preparation.

(However, the base Summoner Wars app IS free, so there's no harm in trying it to see if you like it and then buying some more teams if you do -- if you're a fan of Hero Academy you'll probably dig it)

edit: If you have any kind of familiarity with M:TG you won't regret Ascension, yeah. Although Summoner Wars has some (admittedly light) between-game deck construction elements that might appeal to you as well...

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
looks like we have a winner. Thanks guys.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
The Treasure Hunt update for Puzzle Craft is out on the App Store now. Gonna yank the update's description from our FB page

quote:

Treasure Hunt features:
- New exciting gameplay: look for treasure chests and open them to get treasures and unique collections
- 20 new buildings, from a new Mine Shaft to the Imperial Castle
- 11 new workers, from Digger to Cow Merchant and Gem Dealer
- 16 new tools, from Chicken Feed to Treasure Maps & Keys
- 6 new, super-powerful Unique Tools!
- 10 collections and 50 unique treasures in to collect in your Museum!
- 18 new Achievements
- play up to level 60!

Additional features:
- iphone5 full support
- 2 additional languages support: Korean, French
- tools access improved

Bug fixing:
- bug with disappearing workers fixed
- music loop bug fixed
- achievments bugs fixed
- minor bugs fixed

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Bad Piggies also has a pretty large update with about 36 new levels, hell yeah!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Shachi posted:

looks like we have a winner. Thanks guys.

If you'd like some Ascension opponents, feel free to add all our dudes from the cardboard emulators thread. We're cool and fun.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zagrod posted:

The Treasure Hunt update for Puzzle Craft is out on the App Store now. Gonna yank the update's description from our FB page

Huh, interesting. Looks like i'll dust this puppy off right now.

e: Just FYI, works fine with me. Upgraded existing app, iPad Mini, up to date iOS.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 27, 2013

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Zagrod posted:

I just downloaded the update, but the game will not launch. I see the Chillingo page, then the At Games page, then it crashes. This is on a regular iPhone 5, and I have tried shutting the phone off and then turning it back on.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Oh, that's not good :( Gonna ask around if we've ever had a similar issue. Did you just update an existing version or downloaded a fresh one off the AppStore?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Feel free to add me in Simpsons Tapped Out as octopaganini. I went through the thread and added a bunch of you.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Zagrod posted:

Well gently caress, there goes my productivity.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

KGBAgent185 posted:

Well gently caress, there goes my productivity.

Ain't that the truth.

I found a bug in the update: I used the legendary treasure map in the fields (20 grass to unlock the chest) but I can't drag from the map to the grass that is surrounding it.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Ming the Merciless posted:

I found a bug in the update: I used the legendary treasure map in the fields (20 grass to unlock the chest) but I can't drag from the map to the grass that is surrounding it.

:( Well that sucks.

Could you drop us a screenshot of the bug with a short description at zagrod (at) arsthanea.com?

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

eeenmachine posted:

You only have control over the date unless you manually release it.

D'oh, I should've checked that before asking. Thanks. Guess I'll release things on Thursdays in future :)

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

A rad game called TowelFight 2 appeared in the app store last night.
You play as an Indian guy who shoots animals from his face.

It's all procedural and is the closest thing to Binding of Isaac on the App Store (in some ways it's better)

It's actually really funny. The developer is awesome and posted this picture of a new update simmering on the Touch Arcade forums.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 27, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Feenix posted:

Wtf, that's what passes for a game? I feel like it's for retarded kids...

This describes 90% of the games content on the App Store. I might be being a bit generous with that figure.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Zagrod posted:

Oh, that's not good :( Gonna ask around if we've ever had a similar issue. Did you just update an existing version or downloaded a fresh one off the AppStore?

It was updating an existing version. If it matters, I was downloading it on the cellular network, and it took a few tries to complete the download.

I would just delete the app and reinstall, but I don't want to lose all my progress.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Zagrod posted:

:( Well that sucks.

Could you drop us a screenshot of the bug with a short description at zagrod (at) arsthanea.com?

Done!

It doesn't bother me since I've played enough that I can buy my way out of anything with my in-game fortune, but I thought I'd let you know.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Zagrod posted:

The Treasure Hunt update for Puzzle Craft is out on the App Store now.

:stare: This is a good day.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Bummey posted:

:stare: This is a good day.

I can't edit that post for some reason.

Anyway. Hey Zagrod, it's kind of only a little tedious having to tap a screen full of exclamation points to collect all the bonus tools and resources.

Is there any way you can make that less so?

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002
Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time, I'd like to explain why you're not actually enjoying that game that you're enjoying. You see, I am in fact an expert. At games. I know, it's impressive.

Feenix posted:

Wtf, that's what passes for a game? I feel like it's for retarded kids...

It is. That's why it's so popular. It makes not-quite retarded people feel clever.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

JGTheSpy posted:

It is. That's why it's so popular. It makes not-quite retarded people feel clever.

You are the owner of my favorite custom title in all of Games. I hope you never revert it. It's an amazing title in its own right, but it is made even better by the fact that it describes literally every post I ever see you make here.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Bummey posted:

I can't edit that post for some reason.

Anyway. Hey Zagrod, it's kind of only a little tedious having to tap a screen full of exclamation points to collect all the bonus tools and resources.

Is there any way you can make that less so?

Seeing an update for Puzzlecraft made my morning. That said, I've built my museum behind my mill and I can only manage to hit the button to enter it and view collections if I first go into my castle and exit. Maybe I put it in a bad spot, but otherwise I'll only be able to click and see the timer for my mill.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I can't stop drawing lines. I mean I actually can't stop; I get so many free turns that the seasons just don't pass!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bummey posted:

I can't stop drawing lines. I mean I actually can't stop; I get so many free turns that the seasons just don't pass!

So you have to draw lines through trees/grass just to make time pass too, eh?

Part of me wants an 'End' button because I just can't draw any more lines.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Ugh The sound puzzle in year walk is pissing me off. half the sounds are nearly identical and the ones you are supposed to follow don't sound exactly like the voice in the background

Edit: Yeah fuuuuck this puzzle. I am done with you for the night year walk.

I thought it was just if the voices made a proper chord, as in the voice from the path was in tune with the others and didn't make a horrible atonal mess. At least that's the method I tried for that section and I got through it quickly. Basically just go down the path that "sounds nice," if that makes sense.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I'm looking for a game somewhere in between Knights of Pen and Paper and stuff like Final Fantasy Tactics. I love KoP&P's pace and that there's not much filler, but I wish there was more customization and strategy. FFT is really excellent. It has the depth, but battles can take way too long just to whack 4 monsters 3 times each, and then plus the story it just feels really slow to me. I'll probably knock FFT out in big chunks when I end up travelling or something, but is there anything else out there? It doesn't have to be grid-based.

Basically, is there a turn-based analog to Battleheart?

edit: I need to check out West Legends too. I love Battleheart :downs:

Coldstone Cream-my-pants fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 27, 2013

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It's all procedural and is the closest thing to Binding of Isaac on the App Store (in some ways it's better)

It's actually really funny. The developer is awesome and posted this picture of a new update simmering on the Touch Arcade forums.

Wow, that really does look pretty close to The Binding of Isaac, and drat, I can't get enough of that game. Not sure this will play too well on iPhone, but I am intrigued enough to give it a shot. Will probably end up picking it up when the other apps go live at midnight.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow this looks really really sick

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002
Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time, I'd like to explain why you're not actually enjoying that game that you're enjoying. You see, I am in fact an expert. At games. I know, it's impressive.

Beelzebozo posted:

You are the owner of my favorite custom title in all of Games. I hope you never revert it. It's an amazing title in its own right, but it is made even better by the fact that it describes literally every post I ever see you make here.

I wear it like a badge of honor.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How did I somehow avoid the AVP game coming tonight? It looks awesome.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Whoa and a King Cashing sequel, huh. I remember the original got some love in this thread back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns

There's also this one:
http://appshopper.com/games/house-of-the-lost

Has some problems though, but it's nice games like this exist anyway.

Kepa fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 28, 2013

• Locked thread