Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've been sticking up a bunch of old sets from ~2003-2007 on to Vimeo as a paid account gives me enough space to do these things decently rather than just cutting tracks out and compressing the hell out of them. Thought you guys might like some of them...

https://vimeo.com/59759291

We put out 100 DVDs of this compilation in 2006, it was a celebration of the bands that my mate had put on for the previous couple of years. Lots of UK/EU/US bands including Another Breath, Cursed (the 'infamous bedroom gig' that seemed wellknown everywhere!), Down to Nothing, Hoods, The Setup etc. 22 bands in total, nearly 90 minutes long.

https://vimeo.com/59801951

Madball - about 30 minutes long, sadly on an older camera but fun nonetheless.

https://vimeo.com/59817066

Converge - same venue as Madball, but after purchase of a new camera. Whole show, just prior to the release of You Fail Me in 2006. Looks and sounds pretty decent to me, shaky at the start due to normal camming chaos but settles down.

https://vimeo.com/60388377

Strike Anywhere - first time in Europe to my knowledge as this is from 2002. Again, old camera and I get shoved around a fair bit with the camera but a fun set nonetheless.

I'm already out of space on Vimeo for this week, have to wait until Friday to upload more... joy. I've already got a Champion set capped and ready to go when that comes up.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
So I saw this today and it's pretty good.

https://soundcloud.com/deathwishinc/a-smith-the-death-of-a

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Alkaline Trio announced a US tour that hits basically everywhere (yay) with Bayside supporting (boo). Whether or not I go entirely depends on if the rest of the album sounds like that awful single.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

weekly font posted:

Alkaline Trio announced a US tour that hits basically everywhere (yay) with Bayside supporting (boo). Whether or not I go entirely depends on if the rest of the album sounds like that awful single.

Skips New Orleans and Baton Rouge, as most tours do.

I still haven't seen them, somehow, so maybe the Houston show will seem worth the drive when it rolls around.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

alg posted:

just saw these two on elementary revolt today, both really good.

http://gattaca.bandcamp.com/album/7-ep-dog-lovers-records czech hardcore/crust. female/male vocals.

http://weareamber.bandcamp.com/ german post-hardcore.

Both sort of scratch an itch.

Seconding the love for Gattaca. Make sure you check out Axidance as well (Gattaca did a split with them and it rules). Also check out Remek if you like more emo-y stuff, I think they share members with Gattaca.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/topshelfrecords/status/304004825224458240

hoping this is Caravels!!!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I hope so too, saw this earlier on Facebook.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cool stuff man, thanks. You Fail Me-era Converge is the best Converge. Also, I forgot about Send More Paramedics until I watched that comp video.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I don't think it really sounds that different from Touche, but that's not a bad thing at all. I'll be keeping an eye on the release.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

weekly font posted:

I'm pretty sure everything Bayside's put out is miles ahead of the last couple of poo poo heaps Alkaline Trio's released. On top of that, their next one seems like it'll be the worst yet.

And I'm not really much of a Bayside fan anyway.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

deadwing posted:

I'm pretty sure everything Bayside's put out is miles ahead of the last couple of poo poo heaps Alkaline Trio's released. On top of that, their next one seems like it'll be the worst yet.

And I'm not really much of a Bayside fan anyway.

I never liked Bayside and then they played my college and were huge douchebags to everyone including me so gently caress them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Cool stuff man, thanks. You Fail Me-era Converge is the best Converge. Also, I forgot about Send More Paramedics until I watched that comp video.

Cheers man. I didn't really 'get' Converge until that show then everything clicked. They're such a fun live band, I've got another set from a year or so later I'll probably put up at some point.

Send More Paramedics just managed to get it right... they did the zombie shtick before it got too overplayed and Zombie Crew is such a legit tune. I wish I could find the tape, if I remember the dude gets on stage after crawling through the crowd. Good guys.

I made a Facebook page and listed all my tapes (tooons are going to be South Wales local but there's plenty of US/EU on ther etoo) so if you wanna see more jump on https://www.facebook.com/SWMVideos as I'll be uploading more each week that Vimeo give me more space to fill.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Yup :allears:

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012

The pHo posted:

I made a Facebook page and listed all my tapes (tooons are going to be South Wales local but there's plenty of US/EU on ther etoo) so if you wanna see more jump on https://www.facebook.com/SWMVideos as I'll be uploading more each week that Vimeo give me more space to fill.

South Wales Massive! I'm friends with members of Saturday's Kids/Plaids so I'm guessing we've been in the same room a fair few times. Seems like everyone involved in that scene has moved away though, a friend of mine puts on gigs in Cardiff when he's home from Uni and it all seems pretty dead.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Caravels new song!!!

Today is the day isn't it :shobon:

edit: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/song_premiere_caravels_hanging_off?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=altpress

edit: PRE ORDER http://www.topshelfrecords.bigcartel.com/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hidden Mother posted:

South Wales Massive! I'm friends with members of Saturday's Kids/Plaids so I'm guessing we've been in the same room a fair few times. Seems like everyone involved in that scene has moved away though, a friend of mine puts on gigs in Cardiff when he's home from Uni and it all seems pretty dead.

Haha, we probably have been! I've been running that daft place for over 10 years now... makes me feel old! I haven't really been to many shows in the last few years, but going through all my tapes has brought back happy memories. There's a gig in Le Pub on Friday I might go up to - EXPIRE, ROTTING OUT and TRIAL & ERROR. Don't know them, but hopefully I can drag myself on to the train.

Unfortunately, I think most of the people in the scene have simply moved on as opposed to moved away. Everyone active in doing shows, playing in bands etc when I was in my 20s was from or near Cardiff and Newport as opposed to people who'd move 'back home' or go somewhere for uni. Too many clashes between people in a really niche scene just causes problems. I probably don't know most of the people active in the hardcore scene here now, but I hope it's in a better state than when I left it. The mid 2000s were ace (and the late 90s/early 2000s were equally great for the punk scene here).

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The pHo posted:

Send More Paramedics just managed to get it right... they did the zombie shtick before it got too overplayed and Zombie Crew is such a legit tune. I wish I could find the tape, if I remember the dude gets on stage after crawling through the crowd. Good guys.

It is my one regret that I never saw this band at a headline show (saw them once at Reading Festival before I got really into them) I own 2 copies of each of there album's and have a cassette of demo's, also IATDE Recorded recently released a vinyl of unreleased tracks and also featured cover's of Zombie Crew by The Gallow's and Blood Fever by Feed the Rhino............there both pretty bad.

Nothing gets me going like the intro bassline to "Burning the bodies"

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

That new Caravels info got me listening to their other stuff that I dl'd a while back and holy poo poo Floorboards is good. In particular Safety Jobs. I think it passed up Beer Pressure as my favorite song of theirs.

Also got to listen to The Saddest Landscape stuff I got as well and it's fantastic. That song they did for the split with We Were Skeletons is amazing. I think the only CD of theirs I don't have now is You Will Not Survive - where does it fall compared to the others?

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Also got to listen to The Saddest Landscape stuff I got as well and it's fantastic. That song they did for the split with We Were Skeletons is amazing. I think the only CD of theirs I don't have now is You Will Not Survive - where does it fall compared to the others?

You Will Not Survive might be their best album. It's hard for me to really rank their albums though. I actually listened to all of their albums on vinyl today because I was bored. The represses of their first 2 albums they just funded through kickstarter are phenomenal. Declaring War on Nostalgia, Imperfect But Ours, So Lightly Thrown, and Eternity is Lost on the Dying are all standouts from YWNS.

Full disclosure: I drink booze out of a TSL flask, light my cigarettes with a TSL lighter, and have a tattoo that is part of the artwork for their Redefining Loneliness 7"

Also, Aaron and Andy are super nice dudes and you should check out the 2-man band they had during the TSL hiatus called Her Breath on Glass.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
So I finally got the courage to ask this because I don't really care if you call me out for being whatever the term is, but is this the correct place to talk about: Senses Fail, Silverstein / other screamo / Post hardcore places? If not, is there anywhere on the forums to discuss this?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

fyallm posted:

So I finally got the courage to ask this because I don't really care if you call me out for being whatever the term is, but is this the correct place to talk about : Senses Fail, Silverstein / other screamo / Post hardcore places? If not, is there anywhere on the forums to discuss this?

There, probably: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3268377

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Thank you!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So the new Nails record leaked and is all over the place. Thing feels like a truck hitting you in the face. Which is a good thing.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Direct Hit! own. Got my vinyl copy of Domesplitter to find this on the inside of the cardboard shipping sleeve:

This is why you buy poo poo off Bandcamp.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

This is pretty cool. Also I always pictured Bannon as an artist struggling to make a living, so it was funny to me to see him with a nice house, big kitchen and SUV. Deathwish seems to run well.

The pHo posted:

https://vimeo.com/59759291

We put out 100 DVDs of this compilation in 2006, it was a celebration of the bands that my mate had put on for the previous couple of years. Lots of UK/EU/US bands including Another Breath, Cursed (the 'infamous bedroom gig' that seemed wellknown everywhere!), Down to Nothing, Hoods, The Setup etc. 22 bands in total, nearly 90 minutes long.

This is cool, good times.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

March 31st is Easter. That's also the day Bad Religion plays in Toronto :getin:

I have seen pics of Jay dresses up like the Easter Bunny and Greg dressed up like Jesus (or was it the other way around?) from Easters past, I hope I get to see that!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Church Whip (yea I know) pre-order is up.

http://www.vinylrites.bigcartel.com/product/church-whip-psychedelic-nightmare-lp

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is anyone else pumped for the new Paint it Black release? I've loved the rhythm section in everything they've released, and Yamin can write a tight song.

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

I'd highly recommend that Folkeiis LP as well, excellent noisy hardcore with a heavy Finnish HC influence. They're touring the west coast with Mauser pretty soon too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

elbkaida posted:

This is pretty cool. Also I always pictured Bannon as an artist struggling to make a living, so it was funny to me to see him with a nice house, big kitchen and SUV. Deathwish seems to run well.

That's what all my friends have said about it too. I actually thought the same thing, but it makes sense that he'd be doing OK, dude's work ethic would make the Calvinists jealous.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Inspector_71 posted:

That's what all my friends have said about it too. I actually thought the same thing, but it makes sense that he'd be doing OK, dude's work ethic would make the Calvinists jealous.

I figured he was doing pretty well. Really I'm just surprised he drives an SUV and at one point gained 45 pounds.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

elbkaida posted:

Bannon has been working his rear end off for years, i'm glad to see he's doing well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kevar posted:

I figured he was doing pretty well. Really I'm just surprised he drives an SUV and at one point gained 45 pounds.

He lives kind of in the country in MA, doesn't he? Having a truck is pretty sensible really.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Inspector_71 posted:

He lives kind of in the country in MA, doesn't he? Having a truck is pretty sensible really.

Oh it makes complete sense. But while everyone else was looking at him and thinking "He's probably a starving artist or something" I was thinking "Hardcore dudes don't own cars, right? Just vans that break down all the time? Maybe he has a Prius?"

His dog was adorable, I was at least prepared for that much.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Iceage's new album is sick. I wasn't even a fan of theirs before I heard it. Weirdly I think it sounds kind of like a successor to the early Clash albums, the dude sounds quite a bit like Strummer

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
I just listened to the New Funeral for a Friend album Conduit, and it's really good. It's very raw and hardcore influenced, and doesn't slow down for a second. I would say it's their third best, behind Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation (which I am convinced they will never top) and Welcome Home Armageddon. "Elements" is a major highlight for me on first listen.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is anybody else in upstate NY going to the Queers/TBR/Masked Intruder show tonight in Rochester?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

new Caravels track:

http://absolutepunk.net/artists/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=46502

my body is ready for Lacuna

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Alkaline Trio with Tim McIlrath of Rise Against.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/alkaline-trio-offer-glimpse-of-studio-in-i-pessimist-premiere-20130305

Sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

I hate how Trio always puts out the only two or three decent songs from an album and gets everyone's hopes up. "They're good again, guys!"