Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Space Gopher posted:

Not for a long time now. Apple has blocked the Cydia caching service from accessing gs.apple.com, so it can't pull and cache SHSHes.

Really? At the top of my cydia it says "SHSH: 6.1, 6.1.2". Is that just misleading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Is Zeppelin ultra buggy for anyone else? This is the first time I've installed it and since last night the menu has crashed numerous times and the list of images fails to load 99/100 attempts. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now. On iOS 6/iPhone 5.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

spongeworthy posted:

Is Zeppelin ultra buggy for anyone else? This is the first time I've installed it and since last night the menu has crashed numerous times and the list of images fails to load 99/100 attempts. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now. On iOS 6/iPhone 5.

Nope. I've added tons of add-ons, switching icons all day long no issues at all.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

ihatepants posted:

Download iSHSHit from Cydia and have it emailed to yourself.

This worked perfectly, thank you!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I jailbroke 6.0 last weekend and it's been working fine, but now I went to sync some new music over to my phone and it says my phone needs to be restored.

This a common occurrence?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is there any burning reason upgrading to 6.1.2 would be recommended? I want to avoid the hassle of the process unless there's a good reason to.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Bouchacha posted:

Is there any burning reason upgrading to 6.1.2 would be recommended? I want to avoid the hassle of the process unless there's a good reason to.

If you use Exchange mail, you might be affected by a bug that caused the phone to constantly poll the mailboxes and calendar which in turn ran down the battery faster.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Bouchacha posted:

It's a good idea to get on 6.1.2 before Apple stops signing it. The 6.1.3 beta breaks evasi0n, and they will probably close the signing window for 6.1.2 pretty quick once it's out.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Cawd Rud posted:

It's a good idea to get on 6.1.2 before Apple stops signing it. The 6.1.3 beta breaks evasi0n, and they will probably close the signing window for 6.1.2 pretty quick once it's out.

Is the purpose of signing 6.1.2 to save SHSH blobs?

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
Once you upgrade, then the real challenge is finding a program up-to-date enough to actually save the 6.1.2 blob. TinyUmbrella 6.10.03a (the latest version as of this post) apparently can't do this. It will only save up to 6.1. iSHSHit appears to be the only other option, but that presents another problem...

Has anybody been able to confirm that blobs saved with iSHSHit work with TinyUmbrella at all during a restore? They appear to be in a completely different format than the ones saved by TinyUmbrella. When copying the saved iSHSHit blob into the .shsh folder created by TinyUmbrella, it lists it as "INVALID X.X.X (XXXX)-[my unique identifier]"

Edit: same goes for iFaith. Like iSHSHit, it's able to read the blobs for 6.1.2, but it saves them in a format TinyUmbrella is not able to recognize at all. If I can't actually use the files saved by these programs, what's the point?

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 27, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Is there any way to put an app rather than a contact on the "favorites" list? I have lock info 5 showing 3 contacts on my lock screen but I'd like to put an app in the 4th slot.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Nope. I've added tons of add-ons, switching icons all day long no issues at all.

I seem to have fixed it after a couple more reinstalls and reboots. I think the Superset package may have given me some issues but I'm not sure.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Zorilla posted:

Once you upgrade, then the real challenge is finding a program up-to-date enough to actually save the 6.1.2 blob. TinyUmbrella 6.10.03a (the latest version as of this post) apparently can't do this. It will only save up to 6.1. iSHSHit appears to be the only other option, but that presents another problem...

Has anybody been able to confirm that blobs saved with iSHSHit work with TinyUmbrella at all during a restore? They appear to be in a completely different format than the ones saved by TinyUmbrella. When copying the saved iSHSHit blob into the .shsh folder created by TinyUmbrella, it lists it as "INVALID X.X.X (XXXX)-[my unique identifier]"

Edit: same goes for iFaith. Like iSHSHit, it's able to read the blobs for 6.1.2, but it saves them in a format TinyUmbrella is not able to recognize at all. If I can't actually use the files saved by these programs, what's the point?

I've heard redsn0w works at querying and saving SHSH blobs.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I had used SmallBanners on the last jailbreak but since it hasn't been updated for iOS6 I tried out DietBulletin to restrict the size of banner notifications to the status bar. Setting the style in settings to "Status Bar" and the banners now look like this:

Really unobtrusive and blends in nicely.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Zorilla posted:

TinyUmbrella compresses their shsh blobs, whereas iSHSHit (and probably iFaith) does not, so maybe that's what's leading to the incompatibility between them? I haven't had issues in the past using blobs saved by iSHSHit when stitching a downgradeable firmware with redsn0w... but I haven't used it with these ones from iOS6.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

spongeworthy posted:

I had used SmallBanners on the last jailbreak but since it hasn't been updated for iOS6 I tried out DietBulletin to restrict the size of banner notifications to the status bar. Setting the style in settings to "Status Bar" and the banners now look like this:

Really unobtrusive and blends in nicely.

What's the icons and stuff you have? What's Avocado?

edit: oh... :(

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

What's the icons and stuff you have? What's Avocado?

edit: oh... :(

Theme is Ayecon, Avocado is an app for couples which my gf made me use.. it's kinda cool.

Genderman
Jan 17, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want to jailbeak my iPod but I'm worried about getting a virus or breaking it. Is it possible I could lose all my songs?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I'm in a country that isn't currently supported by Spotify. Is there anything on Cydia that will help me use Spotify on my phone?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Genderman posted:

I want to jailbeak my iPod but I'm worried about getting a virus or breaking it. Is it possible I could lose all my songs?

Are your songs backed up to iTunes? If so you'll be just fine.

aherdofpenguins posted:

I'm in a country that isn't currently supported by Spotify. Is there anything on Cydia that will help me use Spotify on my phone?

I don't believe so. You could always get a free or cheap VPN to accomplish this.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

I don't believe so. You could always get a free or cheap VPN to accomplish this.

Do you mean a VPN that would sit on my phone and let me access Spotify, or something that would be on my computer? I know nothing about anything :(

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

aherdofpenguins posted:

Do you mean a VPN that would sit on my phone and let me access Spotify, or something that would be on my computer? I know nothing about anything :(

It's a remote server that you would connect to through your iPhone and then from there you would use all your applications and such as you normally do. It simply reroutes your traffic through a server based in another country, in this case you would want something in the United States.

I have a VPN through http://vpnvip.com and use the iPhone application "VPN Express" to manage my account. I bought a permanent quota of 10GB worth of traffic for something like a few dollars.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

It's a remote server that you would connect to through your iPhone and then from there you would use all your applications and such as you normally do. It simply reroutes your traffic through a server based in another country, in this case you would want something in the United States.

I have a VPN through http://vpnvip.com and use the iPhone application "VPN Express" to manage my account. I bought a permanent quota of 10GB worth of traffic for something like a few dollars.

Well that was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. Thanks for the info!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

aherdofpenguins posted:

Just out of curiosity, don't you need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on your phone in the first place? Or is there a way around that now? Because I know that Spotify Premium lets you use it out of the supported countries as long as you subscribe to it. I'm asking because I'm paying for my fiancee's Spotify premium account (which I while back home in the USA), but she's been using it in an unsupported country (Philippines) as well with no problems on her computer and iphone.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

ihatepants posted:

Just out of curiosity, don't you need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on your phone in the first place? Or is there a way around that now? Because I know that Spotify Premium lets you use it out of the supported countries as long as you subscribe to it. I'm asking because I'm paying for my fiancee's Spotify premium account (which I while back home in the USA), but she's been using it in an unsupported country (Philippines) as well with no problems on her computer and iphone.

I've never used Spotify before and was just using the 48 hour trial. The main spotify website just straight up tells me that it's not available in my country. I checked it out though, and Spotify Premium apparently comes with,

quote:

Travel Access – Use Spotify in any country (even ones that do not usually have Spotify available)

So I guess you're right! I feel like it would be a good idea for them to put that on their website rather than telling me I just can't use it.

Unfortunately I can't access Pandora without a VPN, even with Pandora One (I believe...) so I'm still happy I set up the VPN app!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got a brand new iphone5 that's beginning to frustrate me. It is running 6.1.2, is jailbroken, and USED to have Cydia installed along with a couple of apps (SBSettings, Winterboard and 2 themes).

The problem is that twice now Cydia has completely disappeared after I've applied a theme. I've searched the phone for Cydia, and nothing was found so I'm pretty sure it is completely gone. Even other apps that link to or reference Cydia fail to open it if I try. I restored via iTunes the first time, but have held off this second time. I've seen suggestions for how to reinstall Cydia if it's still on the phone, but I'd rather just avoid the problem in the first place. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this and how to avoid it again once I restore?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not sure if it's jailbreak related or not (best guess is that it is) but sometimes when I play a Downcast podcast and then try to start/stop it from the lock screen, the Play (triangle) button is completely unresponsive.

Just mentioning this in case I'm not alone.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

pahuyuth posted:

Got a brand new iphone5 that's beginning to frustrate me. It is running 6.1.2, is jailbroken, and USED to have Cydia installed along with a couple of apps (SBSettings, Winterboard and 2 themes).

The problem is that twice now Cydia has completely disappeared after I've applied a theme. I've searched the phone for Cydia, and nothing was found so I'm pretty sure it is completely gone. Even other apps that link to or reference Cydia fail to open it if I try. I restored via iTunes the first time, but have held off this second time. I've seen suggestions for how to reinstall Cydia if it's still on the phone, but I'd rather just avoid the problem in the first place. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this and how to avoid it again once I restore?

Sorry if you've already done this, but have you tried a Spotlight search?

\/ Ah, sorry man. I got nothing :(

Thirst Mutilator fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 27, 2013

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Sorry if you've already done this, but have you tried a Spotlight search?

Yep, that was the first thing I did. No results at all for cydia.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

If the theme hides things by default via Poof or whatever, they are hidden so well they no longer show up anywhere. Can you try forcing safemode?

Turn your phone off, hold the volume up button while turning it back on. Keep holding the volume up button until the lockscreen shows up. This makes it boot in safemode.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

The Aphasian posted:

If the theme hides things by default via Poof or whatever, they are hidden so well they no longer show up anywhere. Can you try forcing safemode?

Turn your phone off, hold the volume up button while turning it back on. Keep holding the volume up button until the lockscreen shows up. This makes it boot in safemode.

Ok, tried that and it didn't make a difference. Still no cydia anywhere.

edit: what the what. The first time this happened, Winterboard was still visible in the Settings area but this time it isn't. Switching back to the default theme the first time didn't have an effect anyway.

gently caress it, restoring again. Really the only thing I want from Cydia is the iBlacklist call blocking app. Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar from the itunes app store?

isaboo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 27, 2013

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Call blocking isn't something a non-jb app would have access to.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pahuyuth posted:

Ok, tried that and it didn't make a difference. Still no cydia anywhere.

edit: what the what. The first time this happened, Winterboard was still visible in the Settings area but this time it isn't. Switching back to the default theme the first time didn't have an effect anyway.

gently caress it, restoring again. Really the only thing I want from Cydia is the iBlacklist call blocking app. Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar from the itunes app store?

Why not just jailbreak and use Iblacklist without adding whatever theme is loving poo poo up?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I had my cleanest jailbreak so far going to 6.1.2 all of my application locations in Infifolders even got restored, only issue was that my fifth icon in my dock got bumped out and didn't restore when I reinstalled 5 Icon Dock, oddly it got put in a folder that only had a few applications in it but on the next page. I completely missed that there was a second page when looking around for it so ended up uninstalling/reinstalling it.

Still, I've had much worse updates.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

pseudonordic posted:

If you use Exchange mail, you might be affected by a bug that caused the phone to constantly poll the mailboxes and calendar which in turn ran down the battery faster.

Besides this, is there any other significant reason to upgrade? I don't use exchange and I have my 6.1 iphone tweaked out and don't wanna go through the whole restore and tweaking again.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

iLikeMidgets posted:

Besides this, is there any other significant reason to upgrade? I don't use exchange and I have my 6.1 iphone tweaked out and don't wanna go through the whole restore and tweaking again.

It's pretty painless, and I'm sure there's more value to it than one line in a changelog. It's worth doing just to stay current. OpenBackup is your friend.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Blimpkin posted:

OpenBackup is your friend.
True. First cydia app backup app or method I've ever found to be reliable. Worked like a charm on a 4s, a 5, a pad3, and a pad2. Nice.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I'll have to add OpenBackup to my list, I just Emailed myself an AppList and did a mass queued install of all my apps, which over LTE actually only took about two minutes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Blimpkin posted:

It's pretty painless, and I'm sure there's more value to it than one line in a changelog. It's worth doing just to stay current. OpenBackup is your friend.
Do you know if they support iBlacklist? I used PkgBackup in my 6.1.2 upgrade and the only thing I lost was the blacklist of blocked numbers, which was actually pretty annoying.

E: Also, anyone know if Auxo is ever getting iPad support?

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hey guys, just jailbroke for the first time! I think I have everything I want, the one thing I've been dissatisfied with is trying to add weather to my lock screen without it looking like poo poo. Are the only apps that intelliscreen and lockinfo? I think lockinfo looks really ugly and I would love just the notification center weather below the time, but I don't want the whole notification center there (which intelliscreen does).

Or is this something that winterboard can handle?

• Locked thread