Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I found this http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-guides/topics/Tera-AntiAliasing-Guide so I am trying to tweak my settings to make the game prettier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

w00tazn posted:

I think Enmasse messed up when they were designing this armor for High Elf Plate back in the day. :V
At least it's slightly better than the gold bikini I was rocking.

Don't think Enmasse designed anything, it's all the work of Bluehole Studio in Korea. They are however to blame for the (poorly designed) censoring of many models.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I love taking screenshots. Too bad I have to use complete minimum settings to get some decent fps (20+)

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Phosphia posted:

Don't think Enmasse designed anything, it's all the work of Bluehole Studio in Korea. They are however to blame for the (poorly designed) censoring of many models.

You're really bothered by this whole elin censoring thing aren't you.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

megalodong posted:

Hardly, as it doesn't affect me. Not a fan of censoring content though, especially not when the censoring is very poorly executed. People from EU tend to be slightly more annoyed as the censoring wasn't limited to only models. Please don't derail with the Elin question.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 27, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

w00tazn posted:

I think Enmasse messed up when they were designing this armor for High Elf Plate back in the day. :V
At least it's slightly better than the gold bikini I was rocking.

Holy hell, less armor really IS more Armor Class in TERA. :allears:

megalodong posted:

I'm European, so maybe my standards are different, but I don't really get what the hell they censored. To me, it just looks like they have some kind of aversion to belly-buttons.

I mean, if it was actually explicit I could see it, but as it is they just went from "not how I'd dress up my daughter" to "not how I'd dress up my daughter 2".

EDIT: vvvvv In that case, I'd argue maybe they did too little censoring of them, but that's maybe just me.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 27, 2013

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
We probably shouldn't make this into "Let's debate Elin for 6 pages" but while I don't really support any kind of censorship regardless of the content, I can definitely see why they did it.

The way I look at it is sort of the same way a lot of people looked at the Reddit situation last year with all the jail bait poo poo. They were looking at innocent pictures of underaged girls and sexualizing them, and I think that's what En Masse wanted to avoid. It's going to happen anyway, and yeah "Elin aren't kids!!fapfap!!fap!" and so on, but c'mon.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
I'm getting an "Out of memory" error on logging in with my character on the loading screen before the prologue.
Played the beta back then fine with 4gb, now I have 12. This is the only game this is happening in and the solutions on their support page are pretty generic.
Anyone had that happen before?

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Got my friend interested in TERA, but we're unable to find any retail copies left. Any kind goon got a spare one they're willing to part with?
Any copy would be fine, physical or digital, and he'd be ready to pay $15 for it.

You can contact me by PM or on Steam.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I don't have anything to add to this shot, just enjoy:

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I want more clothes on my Elin. Big skirts or dresses or something. I'm trying to be the prettiest princess, not anime fanservice.

So much of the plate armor for Elin seems to actually cover things, and it makes me jealous :sigh:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Well I broke my story quest, was supposed to kill a guy in an instance and pick up his lance except my inventory was full so I didn't pick up his lance then some other mob blew me up while I was figuring out what to delete out of my inventory. When I came back to the instance the guy was gone and the lance with him. Resetting my instances doesn't do anything so I guess I'm hosed.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I recorded one run awhile back. I didn't need to shout because DPS did pathetic damage without crits!

First of all, sorry about the suckage of staying alive on cof last night. :( (honestly though, I had the weirdest lag yesterday, I tested things out after we were done with the run and I could most definitely evade out of a lot of my chain attacks that I apparently couldn't during the run... I don't usually spam the evade button to conserve res...) Will do better for sure next time.

But my question is how do you actually know what your dps is? For that matter where is the ping indicator?

@ syrek: was it just yesterday? Because if it is, I am pretty sure it is something on their end. I had abnormally long load time and quite a bit of lag spikes all throughout the night yesterday, and it wasn't like this the days before, even during Nexus time...

I don't want to derail the thread into Elin talk, but I am curious, there are actually things censored in the US version? I certainly can't imagine that...

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
It's just things like less belly showing and no bikinis.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

lethial posted:

But my question is how do you actually know what your dps is? For that matter where is the ping indicator?

You see ping by mousing over the clock/FPS counter if you have it enabled. As for DPS, you basically only get to guess; stealing aggro more often might be a sign, but that is also "how lucky is that guy with crits today."

For censoring, they gave them this weird undergarment for their stomach on stuff that isn't swimsuits, and put shorts instead of underwear on all their armors. Latter isn't really that jarring to look at, but the former has always looked out of place but is mostly an issue with cloth armor.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

Pollyzoid posted:

Got my friend interested in TERA, but we're unable to find any retail copies left. Any kind goon got a spare one they're willing to part with?
Any copy would be fine, physical or digital, and he'd be ready to pay $15 for it.

You can contact me by PM or on Steam.

I am also in this situation, though I played it shortly after release on EU then started playing on US recently upon becoming F2P. Unfortunately, you can't use EU copy codes for US Founder so unless Best Buy and Gamestop simply haven't got any more copies in stock, I think I'm stuffed.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

The Wicked Wall posted:

I am also in this situation, though I played it shortly after release on EU then started playing on US recently upon becoming F2P. Unfortunately, you can't use EU copy codes for US Founder so unless Best Buy and Gamestop simply haven't got any more copies in stock, I think I'm stuffed.

Once the weekend comes I will be trying to set up some way so that goons who are no longer playing can allow goons who are playing to use their account. This will be done on the guild forums though.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Eigo posted:

You see ping by mousing over the clock/FPS counter if you have it enabled. As for DPS, you basically only get to guess; stealing aggro more often might be a sign, but that is also "how lucky is that guy with crits today."

For censoring, they gave them this weird undergarment for their stomach on stuff that isn't swimsuits, and put shorts instead of underwear on all their armors. Latter isn't really that jarring to look at, but the former has always looked out of place but is mostly an issue with cloth armor.

Thanks for the explanation. I never imagined pulling agro would be a good thing though... I guess I am safe even if I get super gears since warriors don't crit like other dps classes.

I never actually taken a loser look at Elin characters, so thanks for the explanation on that too.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Eigo posted:

As for DPS, you basically only get to guess; stealing aggro more often might be a sign, but that is also "how lucky is that guy with crits today."

That isn't always true. It also depends on how well the tank can hold aggro. Is the tank wearing threat crystals? Is the tank pushing as much threat as possible inbetween blocks? Is the boss a stupid moloch that keeps pushing the tank against the wall and giving him/her no chance to attack because of back to back stagger and knockdown? You might think you got more DPS doing a new rotation but it turns out its just a new tank or annoying boss!

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Eigo posted:

I agree with the bad censoring job, I'm right there with them that they went 'Hey maybe we shouldn't have this race that looks like kids walking around in their underwear.' but they kind of did a poo poo job at changing the outfits and it's really too bad they did it so lazily.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
My Tera just went dead. Did Nexus finally kill the servers?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they are down a bit, probably going for maintenance. Time to go back to some XCOM.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Notinghamington posted:

So... I just saw this.

... are we being hunted or something?

Yes.

Take off your crystals and sell information on yourself. Collect 100g.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Yes.

Take off your crystals and sell information on yourself. Collect 100g.

You can lose crystals for PvP deaths? I didn't think that was the case.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

GaylordButts posted:

Any death seems to trigger it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

GaylordButts posted:

The chance is much lower. However if you are an outlaw and die, then it will break like 100% of the time.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That's still preferable beyond all imagining to Lineage 2's outlaw status wherein you would drop your unsoulbound weapon or armor and never, ever get it back and not have the money to continue playing your character at their respective level!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I've been debating dusting off my old warrior and trying this game after the change to F2P but one of the main things that killed my interest last time was the horrible enchanting grind. I know they implemented a system after KTera that made up to tier 13 weapons/armor gain better success rates as you failed but the patch notes for the F2P patch made it sound like they recently extended this to tier 14 stuff as well. Can anyone clarify this or give me a good idea of how much of a pain it is to enchant the newest tier of stuff is?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Well I broke my story quest, was supposed to kill a guy in an instance and pick up his lance except my inventory was full so I didn't pick up his lance then some other mob blew me up while I was figuring out what to delete out of my inventory. When I came back to the instance the guy was gone and the lance with him. Resetting my instances doesn't do anything so I guess I'm hosed.

Try it again tomorrow. It will eventually reset. I had a similar thing happen to me where even after I reset the quest the instance wouldn't reset to let me try again even hours later. I just ignored it and went back to it some other day.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Condiv posted:

I've been debating dusting off my old warrior and trying this game after the change to F2P but one of the main things that killed my interest last time was the horrible enchanting grind. I know they implemented a system after KTera that made up to tier 13 weapons/armor gain better success rates as you failed but the patch notes for the F2P patch made it sound like they recently extended this to tier 14 stuff as well. Can anyone clarify this or give me a good idea of how much of a pain it is to enchant the newest tier of stuff is?

Enchanting as it stands relative to before is basically a breeze, fodder is insanely cheap although alkhahest prices are slightly up. If you fail any upgrade more than 10 times, even 9-12, you are likely having the bad end of the stick in terms of luck. Farming things like MES for gold, or doing dailies for 2k a day, allow you to quickly hit the +9 point on gear. Right now the bigger problem is MES costs being 440 and EME not really changing the success rate on that, but you only really need +9 weapons to beat dungeons if you get everything down with the exception of rank 1 SG and so on.

I'd say there's still quite a mountain to actually MW/max stuff, but hitting +9 is definitely easier.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Is a boxed copy even worth it anymore? According to En Masse's website you don't get 30 days elite or EMP from a boxed copy after February 3rd. Is there any tangible benefit to a founders account anymore? A different looking mount doesn't cut it.

Also, is there any to make it so your not constantly staring at your character's underwear while running? Don't want to start a stupid argument but I do want to know.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I think the notion about boxed copies was that one can redeem the CD-key typed backwards via EME's site to receive a care package with 5000g value and a mount or something.

Also, don't start another stupid goddamn argument, just reroll if it bothers you so much.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
^^^^: that and my post

Friction.123 posted:

Is a boxed copy even worth it anymore? According to En Masse's website you don't get 30 days elite or EMP from a boxed copy after February 3rd. Is there any tangible benefit to a founders account anymore? A different looking mount doesn't cut it.

Also, is there any to make it so your not constantly staring at your character's underwear while running? Don't want to start a stupid argument but I do want to know.

There's still all 4 bank slots, 8 char slots, and so on without having elite: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/founder-status-get-it-while-it-s-hot

One of the biggest original benefits was avoiding queue times, but they seem to have gotten those almost eliminated now that the population is more spread out.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah if you like to have a ton of alts or want to play one of each class, you can pay about 30 bucks to unlock 6 more slots, or 30 bucks for a box and get the mount and other various goodies as well. If you feel like you're only going to want a couple characters ever, or don't mind slowly unlocking them for 5 bucks each over time, then you can do fine without it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

After running ACHM again I realized how much I hate that place. So I was thinking of setting up a MCNM run in the future for our more geared members!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX3ulqqKD3w

Watch and be prepared!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Eigo posted:

Enchanting as it stands relative to before is basically a breeze, fodder is insanely cheap although alkhahest prices are slightly up. If you fail any upgrade more than 10 times, even 9-12, you are likely having the bad end of the stick in terms of luck. Farming things like MES for gold, or doing dailies for 2k a day, allow you to quickly hit the +9 point on gear. Right now the bigger problem is MES costs being 440 and EME not really changing the success rate on that, but you only really need +9 weapons to beat dungeons if you get everything down with the exception of rank 1 SG and so on.

I'd say there's still quite a mountain to actually MW/max stuff, but hitting +9 is definitely easier.

That sounds a lot better than what it was when I was last playing. I got a tier 13 weapon to +12 and all and that ordeal was what burnt me out despite managing to get the weapon pretty much perfect. I'll definitely have to give this another try if the goon guild is active again on the PVE servers.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I've hit lvl 25 on my Mystic (going slow because of school projects going on) and I have to say it is quite boring to level solo, only 2 spells I can use gets repetitive. I do enjoy playing the Mystic because I can take quite a few hits, consume a ball and be back to full HP. I have grabbed a few random groups here and there to do quests with, I get bored because when the tanks rarely take damage and my balls are rarely consumed. I had one good group where I send my pet to agro mobs and kept a constant stream of mobs coming to the tank and dps. Should I be looking for another class to play? Or should I look for random groups to do quests with and pretty much get carried through the lvling process. I know when I last brought this up goons advised to stick it out because later on healing becomes more of a challenge and mana balls are godsend for mages.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Fixit posted:

I've hit lvl 25 on my Mystic (going slow because of school projects going on) and I have to say it is quite boring to level solo, only 2 spells I can use gets repetitive. I do enjoy playing the Mystic because I can take quite a few hits, consume a ball and be back to full HP. I have grabbed a few random groups here and there to do quests with, I get bored because when the tanks rarely take damage and my balls are rarely consumed. I had one good group where I send my pet to agro mobs and kept a constant stream of mobs coming to the tank and dps. Should I be looking for another class to play? Or should I look for random groups to do quests with and pretty much get carried through the lvling process. I know when I last brought this up goons advised to stick it out because later on healing becomes more of a challenge and mana balls are godsend for mages.

Leveling as a healer is really boring. Healers are high demand in dungeons at 60 and probably the easiest and least gear dependent class to play. If you enjoy healing its quite fun to play compared to staring at health bars like WoW but if its not really your thing you probably still won't enjoy it at 60.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Fixit posted:

On top of what Velveteen said, your role as a healer will eventually get a bit more involved. In Sinestral Manor, the level 27~ dungeon, you'll have your first taste of this: the second boss will put a debuff on people that will do 90% of their health as damage when it expires, unless you cleanse it. In general, as the game goes on, bosses will start being a lot more mobile, throw ranged secondary aggro attacks at you, or spawn adds to chase you down, so it shouldn't be as boring.

Also yes, level 60 Mystics are in great demand in dungeons, possibly moreso than priests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Anyone on MT: can you check the prices of Tawny Mount and Semi-Enig scrolls on the broker for me? I'm on lake of tears right now and probably gonna transfer to MT later. Not sure whether to sell my bonus stuff on LoT or save it for MT.

• Locked thread