Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation

Magnus Praeda posted:

Bug report: I just updated on my iPhone running 6.2 and my favorites list was empty. When I went to star favorites it had stars on a whole bunch of forums I never read (SAS, ADTRW, etc.).

Mine is also empty. Running OS 6.0.2 on ipad mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

pokeyman posted:

Unfortunately I don't see anything useful in there. Thanks for doing that though; I'll put it on the list and take a closer look!

It is the only thread that it has happened to me for. Unless it pops up again I'm not losing sleep over it. If I'm the only one who can reproduce it and all. :v:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Magnus Praeda posted:

Bug report: I just updated on my iPhone running 6.2 and my favorites list was empty. When I went to star favorites it had stars on a whole bunch of forums I never read (SAS, ADTRW, etc.).

gently caress, sorry. I really wish there was a way to pull this version out of the App Store and go back to the old one.

Sorry to everyone else whose favorites go weird. All I can say is hopefully it won't happen again.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

pokeyman posted:

gently caress, sorry. I really wish there was a way to pull this version out of the App Store and go back to the old one.

Sorry to everyone else whose favorites go weird. All I can say is hopefully it won't happen again.

No need to apologize. It took maybe 30 seconds to re-favorite stuff. Since getting this app on my phone and iPad I've visited the forums on a computer maybe three times. It's just so much more convenient to use Awful. You're doing great work!

As an aside, is it possible on the iPad version to get back to the grayscale tag image after visiting a thread without closing and reopening the app?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The "jump to page" change is everything I hoped for and more. Thanks!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Magnus Praeda posted:

As an aside, is it possible on the iPad version to get back to the grayscale tag image after visiting a thread without closing and reopening the app?

Very possible. It's on the list!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Whenever I rearrange my favourites it will visibly change but when I press on one it'll take me to what was previously there. Force closing the app puts it back to the original order.

Besides that, great new update!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe I'm missing something, but did the edit post functionality get removed?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Testing the edit

Edit: Works for me

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

jivjov posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but did the edit post functionality get removed?

If you're talking about the "Edit" option mysteriously disappearing from your own posts, that happened to me as well earlier tonight. The Edit button came back eventually, but I don't know how or why.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I noticed that the Edit option was missing on one of my posts earlier too. Not sure what happened, but I edited a post earlier and worked fine :iiam:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Found a bug for ya on iPhone:

- Pull down to refresh bookmarks
- Click thread while refresh occurs
- Go back to bookmarks and get the following perma item in bookmarks list

Force close removes it though so no biggie.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FYI, first time I started the app after this update, a lot of my favorites showed infinity unread counts. Seems to be working after I forced a refresh.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Got update, lookin' good.

I'm having an issue in very picture-heavy threads where pictures get arbitrarily swapped around. I seem to recall that this has been a problem for a while - is it actually reasonable to expect y'all to fix it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah edit is 100% gone for me. Weird. :(

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Upgraded to the latest awful (iOS 6.1.0).

I got nothing but a blue bar at the top / grey background page until I did a complete delete of the app and reinstall. Tracking down my password was annoying, but everything seems to be working now.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
For people missing the edit option, try logging out and logging back in via Awful.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

pseudonordic posted:

For people missing the edit option, try logging out and logging back in via Awful.

Worked for me!

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation

Magnus Praeda posted:

No need to apologize. It took maybe 30 seconds to re-favorite stuff. Since getting this app on my phone and iPad I've visited the forums on a computer maybe three times. It's just so much more convenient to use Awful. You're doing great work!

Echoing this.

In case it was missed earlier - please make the "auto-refresh thread listing" thing an option. It annoys me when I'm about to select a thread to read, and it refreshes, changing the order and making me tap on a thread I was not interested in.

I would rather do the manual "pull to refresh" thing.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Magnus Praeda posted:

pokeyman posted:

Very possible. It's on the list!

The eBay app handles the pull-out sidebar in a cool way; it places a mosaic overlay over the "background" while the sidebar is out.

IMO that particular way obscures it a bit too much but I think it's a good way to handle an inactive/out-of-focus area of the screen.

feigning interest fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 27, 2013

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Veinless posted:

In case it was missed earlier - please make the "auto-refresh thread listing" thing an option. It annoys me when I'm about to select a thread to read, and it refreshes, changing the order and making me tap on a thread I was not interested in.

I would rather do the manual "pull to refresh" thing.

Wouldn't mind this either.
I switch moods on whether I want/don't want it pretty often so an option would be nice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Before long the options screen in Awful.app is going to be about as long as the options screen on the browser version. :v:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

xzzy posted:

Before long the options screen in Awful.app is going to be about as long as the options screen on the browser version. :v:

Don't really mind a big option screen myself. Customisation is key

The only time you really see it is when you want to change options, anyway

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Everything mentioned up to here is on the list.

Thanks for putting up with a rather bad update everyone. I gotta up my testing game, especially with Core Data.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love the auto-refresh so it should stay in.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

withak posted:

I love the auto-refresh so it should stay in.

We think so too :)

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Magnus Praeda posted:

pokeyman posted:

Worth noting that (for me at least) the favorites tab was empty as usual after an update, the stars being marked seems purely cosmetic.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

New update is great, I love having Leper Colony and Comedy Goldmine. I also had the favorites show up all randomized but that took maybe 10 seconds to rectify. Good job.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Any chance of an option to turn off auto capitalisation and similar stuff for yosposters?

I know this is possible in iOS because Colloquy has it in

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Totally. Hadn't even thought of it until you asked. It's on the list!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

smackfu posted:

FYI, first time I started the app after this update, a lot of my favorite threads showed infinity unread counts. Seems to be working after I forced a refresh.
I had this. I'm also missing the edit option on every post I've tried it on.

Favorite sub forums list was also empty

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

evil_bunnY posted:

I had this. I'm also missing the edit option on every post I've tried it on.

Favorite sub forums list was also empty

Have you tried logging out and logging in?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I hate to be That Guy but the persistent 'pull to refresh' in Bookmarks really shits me. I don't suppose you could put in a toggle to hide it?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Coq au Nandos posted:

I hate to be That Guy but the persistent 'pull to refresh' in Bookmarks really shits me. I don't suppose you could put in a toggle to hide it?

It's a bug. Kill the app or reboot your phone to make it go away.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Coq au Nandos posted:

Yeah that's unintentional. It's on the list!

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Is there anything on the list for Bookmark ordering? It would be nice if unread threads were always at the top, it worked fine before when threads would be bumped away after reading. And to have a way to organize them, threads least/most unread posts first.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That is definitely on the list! Now it is higher on the list.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ulmont posted:

Upgraded to the latest awful (iOS 6.1.0).

I got nothing but a blue bar at the top / grey background page until I did a complete delete of the app and reinstall. Tracking down my password was annoying, but everything seems to be working now.

Not sure if it's brought up by anyone, but I'm on the iPad 2 iOS 6.1.2 (unjailbroken), and my forums tab is a complete gray.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Not sure if it's brought up by anyone, but I'm on the iPad 2 iOS 6.1.2 (unjailbroken), and my forums tab is a complete gray.

Does it help if you fully quit Awful then open it?

"Fully quit" means tap the home button, then double-tap the home button, then long-tap Awful until it starts shaking, then tap the red "Do Not Enter" sign on Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I'm on iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.2, and when I updated the app kept crashing at launch. I rebooted my phone and now everything seems to be stable.

It's not really a problem, but maybe someone else is having the problem and didn't think to reboot, so I thought I'd post.

Thanks again for the app - I was worried how I was going to surf the forums today if it kept crashing. :ohdear:

• Locked thread