Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Joey Barton becomes more and more likeable the further away from England he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

sircozzie posted:

The one near the Emirates is for Santos

Nah, it's for Arshavin (stupid huge picture)

vvv It's only like 500kb, I'm sure it's stretching your connection to the limit.

Hegay fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 28, 2013

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hegav posted:

(stupid huge picture)

Thanks for making me load it, then.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Suarez laughs at a black child.

He also picks on a white one.

No one is sleeping yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q3Fb1n9hHw

15 minutes of build-up with no end product.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHsRNVVjARI

:stare:

I guess some things is hereditary

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Watching highlight videos of him he has a heap of his dad's style and mannerisms. It's funny listening to him speak though, not a hint of Danish in the accent.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

one week later

Fulham, a club with its finger on the internet's pulse

I wouldn't normally bother posting this, but there's some outrageous Berbatov action.

e: I love the way the whiteboard is blurred out, in case anyone steals our incredible tactic of Not Scoring Any Goals.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

Berbs did a drawing

:drat:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fulham/158212/football-art-dimitar-berbatov-draws-celebrity-caricatures-on-the-side-photos.html

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Oh berbs :allears:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So Berbatov did what Kolarov did better weeks ago. Not impressed :colbert:

e: Bryan Ruiz shows up for the cameras and then it's like he's not even there. Great representation of his national team performances.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 28, 2013

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Wazzerphuk posted:

one week later

Fulham, a club with its finger on the internet's pulse

I wouldn't normally bother posting this, but there's some outrageous Berbatov action.

e: I love the way the whiteboard is blurred out, in case anyone steals our incredible tactic of Not Scoring Any Goals.

Ian Rush somehow beat you guys to this?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There's something I don't like about managers wearing jeans.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Belga Sport did a documentary the other day about the first five (of more to come) Ivorian players to head to SK Beveren: Yaya Touré (currently at some Manchester team), Venance Zézéto (currently in Finland), Gilles Yapi Yapo (FC Basel), Arsène Né (retired) and Jocelyn Joss Péhé (retired).

Canvas put two free clips on their site, one where they talk about their arrival and another from where they tried to learn Dutch at Beveren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzvf8dGRyD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdwuEnIJM5M

Dit is de deur.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
This is the noted football journal The Courier's (the Royal Mail's internal newspaper) best British starting XI of all time.

Does anyone know the Scot second from the right? That's the only one I don't recognise. I've been give the initials DM but I'm still stumped.

phnuggle
Sep 21, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Dave Mackay would be my educated guess.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

madey posted:

This is the noted football journal The Courier's (the Royal Mail's internal newspaper) best British starting XI of all time.

Does anyone know the Scot second from the right? That's the only one I don't recognise. I've been give the initials DM but I'm still stumped.

Wheres Gareth Bale?

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Thanks it looks like it is MacKay. There's also a certain brave lion missing as well.

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXeiKLZmSU
Took out 5 teeth

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Looked painful but tbh the guy who got his teeth knocked out did duck down pretty damned far to head the ball.

Seems more like some lovely timing cause I don't think the guy who got the red was expecting him to duck down there.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah that looked like it hurt like hell but his head was way down low. Not really a red in my opninion. Nice title though, "Crazy kung fu kick".

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

madey posted:

Thanks it looks like it is MacKay. There's also a certain brave lion missing as well.

Gazza should also make that starting 11.

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheRat posted:

Not really a red in my opninion.

He got a 9 game suspension beside the red card.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

sassassin posted:

Joey Barton becomes more and more likeable the further away from England he is.

He's a piece of poo poo coward and he knows Ibra would tune him like a fiddle with ease, would love to see him try that off the field

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lil sartre posted:

?!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Barry Glendenning of Guardian and Football Weekly fame gives a bit of insight into refereeing: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/feb/28/referee-training-dermot-gallagher-video

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

lil sartre posted:

The gently caress? I'm sorry that the guy lost some teeth, but no way is that even an extra suspension. That's an accident pure and simple.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I want that Cluj kit that says TRANSILVANIA

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

madey posted:

glad to see big John in this

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

The gently caress? I'm sorry that the guy lost some teeth, but no way is that even an extra suspension. That's an accident pure and simple.

Remember you're only seeing a small clip out of context of the rest of the game.

It looked reckless to me, he has enough time to pull out of the challenge and he still follows through with the kick.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's definitely a Red, but a 9 games ban seems excessive.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Barry Glendenning of Guardian and Football Weekly fame gives a bit of insight into refereeing: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/feb/28/referee-training-dermot-gallagher-video

Wow, having listened to the Football Weekly podcast for a long time, I expected him to look much different. Also older.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital posted:

Wow, having listened to the Football Weekly podcast for a long time, I expected him to look much different. Also older.

Exactly what I thought. I've been listening to the back catalogue and even now I know what he looks like my brain struggles to match the voice to the face.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

His picture is almost always on the Guardian football homepage though?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
He's always reminded me of Frank Grimes a little bit.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Goal of the month!.....ok so it's just City, but goals are good.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Crazy hair Sandro is back

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I used to play on some of those pitches. The training ground ones like, but still.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Goal of the month really has to be Aguero vs Liverpool, it was outrageous.

Why don't the City youth players get their names posted, though?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

vyelkin posted:

Goal of the month really has to be Aguero vs Liverpool, it was outrageous.

Why don't the City youth players get their names posted, though?

I wondered that, I really have no idea. They named Devante Cole who is in the under 18 and reserve squads, no idea why the younger ones are anonymous though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I wondered that, I really have no idea. They named Devante Cole who is in the under 18 and reserve squads, no idea why the younger ones are anonymous though.

Maybe it's to keep pressure low? I remember when Liverpool released that clip of Sterling playing for the reserves when he first joined and fan expectations went straight into unfairly high territory. Luckily he's done well for himself, but it might be too much hype too soon for most youth players.

• Locked thread