Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Soon... :ohdear: the anticipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Reposting for the new page since he's still going:

Murata is streaming right now. He's coloring an illustration of Metal Knight, one of the S class heroes.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

AnonSpore posted:

Reposting for the new page since he's still going:

Murata is streaming right now. He's coloring an illustration of Metal Knight, one of the S class heroes.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

when you look at that stream, you realize exactly what murata was talking about in his comics, he's not some sort of god-given speed wizard who can pump out amazing poo poo with a flick of his finger, no, he's very deliberate paced and details focused in his drawings, he knows exactly what he's doing and he's doing it as quickly (or not) as you'd expect of a professional artist who's trained day in day out.

Loving it.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

advokat posted:

On the other hand, Great!, by the same guy, is great, and you should read it because come to think of it, it gives me some OPM vibes. Beware of repeated mood whiplash, though.

Thank you for this. :keke:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Murata is streaming again, at a slightly less ungodly hour for those who're living in the States.

Again, the url is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Murata is streaming again, at a slightly less ungodly hour for those who're living in the States.

Again, the url is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

:argh: Distracting me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So the new chapter is out in Japanese, and it turns out that all the coloring stuff that Murata was streaming the past few days was for this chapter, which is in glorious full color. And if you follow Hunter x Hunter the cover has a nice reference.

Pretty much the entire chapter in an animated gif:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

So the new chapter is out in Japanese, and it turns out that all the coloring stuff that Murata was streaming the past few days was for this chapter, which is in glorious full color. And if you follow Hunter x Hunter the cover has a nice reference.

Pretty much the entire chapter in an animated gif: snip amazing

Jesus Christ, Murata.

Is that really necessary? I'm not even an artist and I feel inferior.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Jesus. The reflection in his helm alone blows me away. That's a lot of work. I wonder did he do it all in the last few days or start several weeks ago and just eek away at some of it while he was doing the chapters leading up to it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

tsob posted:

Jesus. The reflection in his helm alone blows me away. That's a lot of work. I wonder did he do it all in the last few days or start several weeks ago and just eek away at some of it while he was doing the chapters leading up to it.

From the streams (where he did several pages per day starting from pencil sketches to inking to coloring) I think it's a safe bet he just started on this one after ending the last one, so roughly two weeks of time.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
:sbahj:

That is just stupidly good. The coloring in particular is absolutely beautiful, it reminds me a lot of Marvels, which was painted by Alex Ross. It's just beautiful. I can't stop watching that .gif.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We need an :murata: emoticon. I propose a :stare: that's just growing and growing until it explodes into a million little :stare::s because holy hell man what is he doing here? I mean, there's putting effort in your work and then there's this.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

tsob posted:

I couldn't stop looking at those 4 pages of the close up. Absolutely incredible detail, and when you consider the manga its for I can't help but laugh.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jesus Christ, Murata.

This would make a much better title for this thread.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So that's what he was drawing on the stream. :stare:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

Pretty much the entire chapter in an animated gif: Spoilered images don't work in quoted posts
Jesus Christ.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

Pretty much the entire chapter in an animated gif:

:hawaaaafap: That looks goddamn amazing. The coloring is very striking and the detail is fantastic.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

rizzen posted:

Agreed

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

That is just stupidly good. The coloring in particular is absolutely beautiful, it reminds me a lot of Marvels, which was painted by Alex Ross. It's just beautiful. I can't stop watching that .gif.
The appeal of the two works is similar for me as well, with how much respect and attention to detail the artists pay the original while still expanding and adding to it in a way that only people with their talent can do.

The difference of course being Murata's i-banker lifestyle, and that's not including all the redraws for the volumes, the little fixes he keeps making to please even the most pickiest of fans, and painting 3-D bikini girls on his hand. I love him but I worry.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
A better timed gif than the one in the update post: http://i.imgur.com/sBJsbKL.gif

Linked for those who haven't seen the chapter yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

IS there even anything to translate?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Genos shows up and says a line.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

By the way Murata is streaming right now coloring an illustration of Sonic (it's almost 3 am in Japan by the way) so if you want to see the man work his magic tune in here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

rizzen posted:

Onepunch-Man: Official Murata Yuusuke Fanclub Thread
or
Onepunch-Man: A Manga About Superhumans, Drawn by a Superhuman

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
Yeah the art is pretty and all but this is the first time the glacial pacing has started to wear on me. Let's see some stuff happen, please.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Convergence posted:

the glacial pacing

:psyduck: I want to know what version of Onepunch-Man you've been reading. The one I've been reading is where the longest arc (the Paradise Group) took about 5 chapters. How is that "glacial?"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's a valid complaint, since if you took away the art and summed it into words the past month of Onepunch-Man would be "A month ago, Genos ran toward the meteor and got an upgrade. Two weeks later, a dude appeared."

I'm perfectly okay with that because I'm a huge nerd but I can easily see why someone wouldn't be.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It has been three chapters loving hold your poo poo in, one of them introducing the arc, this one with a new character.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think that Murata really wants to work in animation.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AtomikKrab posted:

It has been three chapters loving hold your poo poo in, one of them introducing the arc, this one with a new character.

If the same thing happened in Bleach, and it does, a lot, people would be howling about it.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Rexides posted:

I think that Murata really wants to work in animation.

He practically is already, the latest chapter might as well be keyframes. All those GIFs work so well because he is drawing what amounts to Keyframes in panel form. It is pretty interesting to see a non Animator be able to do that so well.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

tsob posted:

If the same thing happened in Bleach, and it does, a lot, people would be howling about it.

Good thing this manga isn't Bleach then. :v:

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
:drat:

So not only Murata is one hell of a drawer, he's stupidly good at coloring too? I take it back my statment from pages back.

The man is the most complete artist in Japan right now.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Murata is rapidly becoming my favorite artist in the industry. His incredible craftsmanship and passion for is just so dreamy. :allears:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AnonSpore posted:

Good thing this manga isn't Bleach then. :v:

No, but being great in art doesn't make the story immune to criticism. Personally, I don't mind the fact he's taken two chapters to revel in art and indulge his passion, but I can see how someone would mind and I would hope he doesn't continue to do so for much longer.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

7c Nickel posted:

Genos shows up and says a line.

Anyone got a translation for his line?

vvvvv: Thanks!

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 28, 2013

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
"You... so you're Bofoi?" - Or something like that.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
this chapter is too drat intense.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Can we just reclassify this series as an anime already?

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

gnome7 posted:

A better timed gif than the one in the update post: http://i.imgur.com/sBJsbKL.gif

Linked for those who haven't seen the chapter yet.

Seeing this I noticed... the clouds in the sky are moving. :psyduck: was that really necessary Murata. You crazy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's kind of hard to tell, that image should be slowed down a little

I see why, because there needs to be an extra keyframe or three between him landing and bending over because it's too jittery of motion

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 1, 2013