Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So while farming Hyperious is definitely faster, I can't help but feel that Pyro Pete just has a better drop rate. I got a hornet, doc's mercy, sledge's shotgun, 2 bonnies, a firebee, a gnasher, and an unkempt harold in the span of normally running out of eridium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

So while farming Hyperious is definitely faster, I can't help but feel that Pyro Pete just has a better drop rate. I got a hornet, doc's mercy, sledge's shotgun, 2 bonnies, a firebee, a gnasher, and an unkempt harold in the span of normally running out of eridium.

Use the elevator to kill yourself if you dont mind the respawn fee.

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!

Jake Blues posted:

Banuaba you are awesome for jumping in for that short amount of time, sorry I'm a dick and bailed. I'm basically gonna grind for some side quests I didn't bother with before.
My buddy and I sped through this last weekend in a 5hr couch co-op basically ignoring all but story missions. He left me at the last boss to take solo so I'm farming until he comes back but it will be so worth it. :getin:

No prob, I was just dicking around. What's with no headset coop folks, seriously? If you wanna play again, message me.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

burntpork posted:

Use the elevator to kill yourself if you dont mind the respawn fee.

Yeah that's was I doing, I ended up going from 16 million down to 3 million when I was done.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I've been trying to farm Hunter Hellquist but I'm having a problem: He's just not there. I hear his voice when I open the doors, and the robots come to help him out, but he doesn't spawn.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Abiggoat posted:

I've been trying to farm Hunter Hellquist but I'm having a problem: He's just not there. I hear his voice when I open the doors, and the robots come to help him out, but he doesn't spawn.

Have you completed the quest "This Just In!"? If you've accepted it but not turned it in, he won't respawn, and if you haven't accepted it, he won't spawn at all.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Kyrosiris posted:

Have you completed the quest "This Just In!"? If you've accepted it but not turned it in, he won't respawn, and if you haven't accepted it, he won't spawn at all.

The only quest I haven't completed is killing this games crawmerax

I'll clear the cache and see if that sorts it when I get back home.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Last night I found a Hellfire and the Bee shield on my 50 Maya.

She had been speced for playing the game up to 50, but not really for end game. Now I'm tearing through bosses looking for better drops.

What's the best way to spec for me to go about killing the higher level bosses? I often have to play alone due to my schedule. In heading to lvl 50, I speced myself out to be able to Phase lock as often as possible. I think I could phase lock about every 1.5 seconds (give or take). But now I think I should focus on damage. Any suggestions on what I should focus on? I'd like to be able to take down the Warrior and eventually the Raid Bosses solo.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Norville Rogers posted:

No prob, I was just dicking around. What's with no headset coop folks, seriously? If you wanna play again, message me.

My bad, I have a headset I wasn't wearing it because I was basically waiting on a phone call from work. I will totally plan something a little better next time. :)

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!

Jake Blues posted:

My bad, I have a headset I wasn't wearing it because I was basically waiting on a phone call from work. I will totally plan something a little better next time. :)

Not trying to be as lovely as that post read. It just truly boggles me when you have someone who is all awesome on coop but doesn't have a headset.

Setting out the call for anyone who wants to play with a 34 mechro. Xb gt: banuaba. I'll offer clever and insightful commentary.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Okay, what is this bullshit, I overleveled the first time through by doing sidequests and some light farming to the point where even the final battle was trivially easy, but True Vault Hunter Mode is still almost impossible to progress in without cheating, right from Boom Bewm onwards. This is the worst balancing I've ever seen.

Edit: Taking revenge on game with Evil Smasher glitch. Please tell me how to make this game fun again.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 28, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Norville Rogers posted:

Not trying to be as lovely as that post read. It just truly boggles me when you have someone who is all awesome on coop but doesn't have a headset.

Setting out the call for anyone who wants to play with a 34 mechro. Xb gt: banuaba. I'll offer clever and insightful commentary.

Add Flexible Ethics to your friends. I have to be at work in 6 hours, so I'm crashing now, but I'll be on tomorrow.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Greenplastic posted:

Okay, what is this bullshit, I overleveled the first time through by doing sidequests and some light farming to the point where even the final battle was trivially easy, but True Vault Hunter Mode is still almost impossible to progress in without cheating, right from Boom Bewm onwards. This is the worst balancing I've ever seen.

Edit: Taking revenge on game with Evil Smasher glitch. Please tell me how to make this game fun again.

I had 800k when I started TVHM, and I've now got 200k :( I've respecced for survivability rather than DPS but it's not really helping a whole bunch. I'd unashamedly Evil Smasher it, but I sold it by accident in my first run and haven't got to that stage yet :ohdear:

Fake edit: Hellquist is working after that cache clear! Not sure what happened there but oh well.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Greenplastic posted:

TVHM got a easier when I started keeping at least one shock, one corrosive, and one fire weapon on me at all times. That said if you're on 360 I'll be on in about 10 minutes if you want a hand. GT: arkitekt4k

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
It's more important to use the right elements in TVHM.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I noticed a lot more resists popping up, I'll keep that in mind. I guess maybe it's time for some respeccing as well then :/

Oh, and thanks for the offer delpheye, but I'm on PS3!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

It's worth noting that weapon level matters more in TVHM. A couple of levels below what enemies are and they become worthless real fast.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Greenplastic posted:

I noticed a lot more resists popping up, I'll keep that in mind. I guess maybe it's time for some respeccing as well then :/

Not only do you see more resists, they're doubled. Weaknesses and strengths double in TVHM. So electric chews through shields in no time, for example.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Abiggoat posted:

I had 800k when I started TVHM, and I've now got 200k :( I've respecced for survivability rather than DPS but it's not really helping a whole bunch. I'd unashamedly Evil Smasher it, but I sold it by accident in my first run and haven't got to that stage yet :ohdear:

Fake edit: Hellquist is working after that cache clear! Not sure what happened there but oh well.

Goat, are you going to be playing later? I will, and I have a 37 Siren and 40 Mechro. We could team up. And anyone else who wants to team up on XBox pleeeeeeeease add Flexible Ethics to your friends. This game is so much more fun with people.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Greenplastic posted:

I'll help you out as a medic maya. PSN is the same as my screen name.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dewgy posted:

Not only do you see more resists, they're doubled. Weaknesses and strengths double in TVHM. So electric chews through shields in no time, for example.

To flip this on its head, though, Shock attacks do not resist on anything other than Shock-elemental creatures. You do 1x damage against flesh, armor, and then 2.5x on shields.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

To flip this on its head, though, Shock attacks do not resist on anything other than Shock-elemental creatures. You do 1x damage against flesh, armor, and then 2.5x on shields.

This is why I stick with a shock Infinity as my go-to weapon (with a Hellfire and corrosive Sledge's Shotgun as backup). Granted, I could do more damage by constantly switching weapons, but for general gameplay this does it all for me, plus having a Maya who can heal just adds versatility to the gun.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I made it all the way through TVHM and to level 50 without finding a blue or better shock pistol/smg. It would have made things so much easier.

I finally got a shock Rubi, which is okay, but its fire rate is too low to really do the job. My plan is to reroll the Flame of the Firehawk until it's Inflammable, then use it to farm Captain Flynt for a Thunderball Fists. Because Flynt SUCKS in TVHM without Inflammable.

Am I forgetting any great, easily obtainable shock pistols?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

I made it all the way through TVHM and to level 50 without finding a blue or better shock pistol/smg. It would have made things so much easier.

I finally got a shock Rubi, which is okay, but its fire rate is too low to really do the job. My plan is to reroll the Flame of the Firehawk until it's Inflammable, then use it to farm Captain Flynt for a Thunderball Fists. Because Flynt SUCKS in TVHM without Inflammable.

Am I forgetting any great, easily obtainable shock pistols?
If you've got Captain Scarlett DLC, Little Evie is really easy to get and one of the best shock pistols in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

10 Beers posted:

Goat, are you going to be playing later? I will, and I have a 37 Siren and 40 Mechro. We could team up. And anyone else who wants to team up on XBox pleeeeeeeease add Flexible Ethics to your friends. This game is so much more fun with people.

Sure thing Flex. I'll keep an eye out for you

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

If you've got Captain Scarlett DLC, Little Evie is really easy to get and one of the best shock pistols in the game as far as I'm concerned.

I do not...I only have the vanilla game, but I am considering buying Torgue for the vending machine legendaries and soloable raid boss.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I do not...I only have the vanilla game, but I am considering buying Torgue for the vending machine legendaries and soloable raid boss.

Don't forget EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
All right so more grinding notes. Pyro Pete seems to a 1/4 and 1/5 chance of dropping a legendary and his loot pool is definitely the same as Hyperious and Master Gee. If you do start grinding Pete be aware that you will get duplicates, I now have four different bouncing bonnies. However I've also gotten a neogenator, a skullsmaher, two quasars and three legendary class mods from his(the soldier one was better than the one that was given to me).

Now for E-tech grinding, the absolute best place is the Treasure Room in the Oasis dlc during the leviathan quest. You have someone join you while you are still inside the leviathan(this is a must, a friend joined while I was in the treasure room and it saved the quest as completed) and proceed as normally. Once all the chests are open, give your friend whatever items you want to keep and dashboard/Home. When you restart the server you will be back inside the leviathan with quest reset to kill him/enter the treasure room. Repeat as needed.

Now if you are like me and goofed hard and the quest is completed your next best bet are some "rare" chests. What I'm talking about specifically are the two red Dahl chests in Caustic Caverns and I don't feel like explaining where there are so here's a youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZi36xCWS3Q
I've gotten a homing storm front from them level 50 pretty much right off the bat so I'd say it's worth it.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 28, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Greenplastic posted:

I'm almost at the end of TVHM without any glitching and aside from some "oh gently caress this" moments that were pretty much the same "oh gently caress this" moments in the first playthrough, it hasn't been that terrible so long as I keep up with the latest and killingest guns.

I'm playing using a Gunzerker and at this point I spend more time in Gunzerk mode than out, so maybe that's what you need to make it fun. I know being able to hold the triggers down and point in the general direction of whatever I want to die, gleefully throwing homing transfusion grenades to mop up the rest, is working out pretty good for me.

Playing with other people helps too, if for nothing else than enemy health doesn't refill when you die. Now that I'm level 50 and ready to break the game, if one of you guys wants to throw an Evil Smasher and an Infinity my way I'd be glad to take them.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I'm almost at the end of TVHM without any glitching and aside from some "oh gently caress this" moments that were pretty much the same "oh gently caress this" moments in the first playthrough, it hasn't been that terrible so long as I keep up with the latest and killingest guns.

I'm playing using a Gunzerker and at this point I spend more time in Gunzerk mode than out, so maybe that's what you need to make it fun. I know being able to hold the triggers down and point in the general direction of whatever I want to die, gleefully throwing homing transfusion grenades to mop up the rest, is working out pretty good for me.

Playing with other people helps too, if for nothing else than enemy health doesn't refill when you die. Now that I'm level 50 and ready to break the game, if one of you guys wants to throw an Evil Smasher and an Infinity my way I'd be glad to take them.

Are you on right now?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Now for E-tech grinding, the absolute best place is the Treasure Room in the Oasis dlc during the leviathan quest. You have someone join you while you are still inside the leviathan(this is a must, a friend joined while I was in the treasure room and it saved the quest as completed) and proceed as normally. Once all the chests are open, give your friend whatever items you want to keep and dashboard/Home. When you restart the server you will be back inside the leviathan with quest reset to kill him/enter the treasure room. Repeat as needed.
That's a lot of hassle considering you can just glitch into the treasure room.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

That's a lot of hassle considering you can just glitch into the treasure room.

I've never gotten the glitch to work right for me. I can get to the invisible corner but I can't seem to get caught by the invisible elevator.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
You can also do it solo if you have a 2nd controller. Just make sure your host character doesn't auto-save!
But, since you're gonna glitch anyways, why not do the shift code glitch for e-tech/purples?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neo Helbeast posted:

Are you on right now?

Nope, still working, but I'll send you a message when I am on.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

burntpork posted:

You can also do it solo if you have a 2nd controller. Just make sure your host character doesn't auto-save!
But, since you're gonna glitch anyways, why not do the shift code glitch for e-tech/purples?

shift code glitch?

Right now, my game freezes any time I try to join a multiplayer game. I can play single player with no problems though. Deleted the Compatibility Pack, and Torgue(the game I was trying to join last night was in the bar room, thinking it might have been why? I originally joined the game in Lynchwood). Ready to go home for the day to see if that worked or not.

Has this happened to anyone else? Gearbox has things to say about freezing in general so I'm working through their steps as time allows.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

delpheye posted:

shift code glitch?

You need a second controller and at least one key for the chest in Sanctuary. When your second character joins the game they will get an extra 10 keys for some mysterious reason. When you get to 1 key remaining just quit as the second character/controller and reload to repeat the process. Doesn't matter the level of the host since the loot level scales to the guy opening the chest. Enjoy farming relics/e-techs.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

burntpork posted:

You need a second controller and at least one key for the chest in Sanctuary. When your second character joins the game they will get an extra 10 keys for some mysterious reason. When you get to 1 key remaining just quit as the second character/controller and reload to repeat the process. Doesn't matter the level of the host since the loot level scales to the guy opening the chest. Enjoy farming relics/e-techs.

How does it help if the second character gets the keys? You can't trade them, can you?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

raditts posted:

How does it help if the second character gets the keys? You can't trade them, can you?

The second character would be your highest leveled character. So if 1st player if your lv. 30-something char. (already in Sanctuary), and 2nd player is your lv. 50 char.; then your lv. 50 char. gets delicious keys to open that chest over and over again. You can do this over and over again as long as you don't spend the last key.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just got a neogenerator off a random biker in the torgue dlc. Thing is pretty handy for staying alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I made a new account for a friend so we could play. It recognise that that account had access to the DLC and gave it a key.

So if I were to make another new account (one key apparently), get to sanctuary and then join in with my actual Live account, I would be given 10 keys?

• Locked thread