Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I knew I was sold on Lego City Undercover but now I think I'm double or triple sold on it. Definitely picking this one up when it releases. It has always looked like pure fun from the very first trailer we saw for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Magnatux posted:

I can't wait for Lego city Undercover. Everything I see of it makes me want to play it more and more. Let's stop reacting to a bad demo for a game and talk about that. I personally think the sense of humor in the direct a few months ago and the trailers is charming and refreshing. Thoughts on this non-MH topic?

I'm actually surprised how good it looks. Its only fault is that after so many Lego games being a great "go to" for coop gaming (even on the ds) its a surprise that this is single player. But Smooth animations, giant world, and holy crap gamepad uses that go beyond its a map? Just give us a demo that gives a taste and I'm sold.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Louisgod posted:

That doesn't mean we should fill the thread up with clutter though, so either talk about (the lack of) WiiU stuff or let the thread putter for a bit.

Are you seriously calling MH clutter? You have no understanding of how great MH is, you are crazy and belong in a bag of nuts. :colbert:

quote:

I knew I was sold on Lego City Undercover but now I think I'm double or triple sold on it. Definitely picking this one up when it releases. It has always looked like pure fun from the very first trailer we saw for it.

I don't know, Lego Series has always been kind of here and there for me. I played lego HP, SW complete saga and SW clone wars. All of those games had segments that were really great fun and other segments that I hate so much I can't see myself going back and replaying the titles. For example, the "battlefield" segments in Clone Wars where you had to build silver turrets to kill gold turrets and whatever the gently caress else. Christ. gently caress those levels. And the other levels are so much fun. :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any reasons there'd be sales coming up soon? My roommate and I really want to pick up a WiiU for monster hunter, but can't really justify the investment since we have a friend who brings his WiiU any time we want to play party games.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Countblanc posted:

Are there any reasons there'd be sales coming up soon? My roommate and I really want to pick up a WiiU for monster hunter, but can't really justify the investment since we have a friend who brings his WiiU any time we want to play party games.

I'd guess that it's really unlikely for hardware (unless Nintendo does a panic price drop like with the 3DS).

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
They're selling consoles at a loss already so unlikely.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Reoxygenation posted:

They're selling consoles at a loss already so unlikely.

Well, they very well might not be at this point. Component prices dropping and whatnot.

edit: I agree that an early pricedrop is unlikely. The solution is for them to get more games in the pipeline. We'll see if that happens.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If, and that is a big if, they do a price drop i'm sure it won't be until a few days prior to PS4 and/or 720 launch. The poster specifically said sales though, except for one offs I wouldn't expect any impressive sales until the next black friday.

The ZombiU bundle seems like a great value though... Hindsight and all of that, but with this game drought I could have waited on that bundle and still had plenty of time to kill before MonHun was released :smith:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It needs more games. It's getting embarrassing. I'll take some shovelware at this point to laugh about.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

[Sakurai's] arm injury is just going to lead to development of controlling the WiiU with your feet.

Hopefully it also segues into controller schemes for the face and rear end. At the same time.

But yeah, I love how Sakurai apparently loves himself some REVENGEANCE and I hope his arm heals up without a hitch.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Countblanc posted:

Craigslist is probably your only shot.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Finally finished ZombiU, what a trip that was. It's been a long time since I played anything that creeped me out like this one did. I spent the whole trip through the nursery freaking outv that there might be kid zombies roaming around.

I've moved on to Runner 2 now for a change of pace, I have a few of you already on my friend's list filling up my leader board but if anyone wants to add me, my NNID is citizelowell.

Captain Hilarious
Jan 3, 2006
hello what
What's the best protective case to get for the tablet? Ideally I'd like one that still lets you charge it in the cradle.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Captain Hilarious posted:

What's the best protective case to get for the tablet? Ideally I'd like one that still lets you charge it in the cradle.

I've got a 1/4" of dust protecting mine.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Does anyone else have the issue I'm having? Basically any time I quit the new Bit.Trip game to go back to the Wii U menu, it just loads forever. I have to unplug the system. So far it hasn't happened anywhere else, but I'm about to try popping in a different game and quitting to see if it does it again.

EDIT: Seems to occur only after an extended play session (like...more than 15 minutes or something stupid) as I was just able to boot into and out of Trine 2 and Runner 2 with no issues.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 28, 2013

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It needs more games. It's getting embarrassing. I'll take some shovelware at this point to laugh about.

This is your first release-period console, isn't it? It's always like this.

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Does anyone else have the issue I'm having? Basically any time I quit the new Bit.Trip game to go back to the Wii U menu, it just loads forever. I have to unplug the system. So far it hasn't happened anywhere else, but I'm about to try popping in a different game and quitting to see if it does it again.

EDIT: Seems to occur only after an extended play session (like...more than 15 minutes or something stupid) as I was just able to boot into and out of Trine 2 and Runner 2 with no issues.

I saw people posting about this on Miiverse, apparently it's going to be patched sometime. I've had similar problems with the new Google app.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

citizenlowell posted:

I spent the whole trip through the nursery freaking outv that there might be kid zombies roaming around.

I had just watched a certain horror game LP when I was playing ZombiU that did in fact have this so man was I terrified I was going to have to practice a golf swing.

...a golf swing that ZombiU doesn't have because of its limited melee. But Ubisoft already apologized for acknowledged that.

Junkie Disease posted:

gamepad uses that go beyond its a map?

I'm hoping the scanner thing is a predecessor to something for Luigi's Mansion U.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I know we're supposed to get away from MH talk here, but just in case anyone missed it:

Capcom posted:

We are pleased to announce that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will receive a software update that will allow cross region online multiplayer between European and US players. This update will also let you play the game on the Wii U GamePad without the need for a TV screen. We're also happy to announce that we will frequently release free downloadable quests from launch.

Truly fantastic news.

quote:

I'm hoping the scanner thing is a predecessor to something for Luigi's Mansion U.

Don't you mean Pokemon Snap U? :colbert:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:woop: That is excellent, all the games need off-screen mode.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Another Lego City preview:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nto-the-bargain
Apparently it's been in development for three years, and as for the amount of stuff in it:

quote:

There are some new gameplay elements, such as collectible bricks left behind when you smash the scenery. These can be saved up to create Super Builds - large structures that perform specific functions in the City. A story mission might need you to build a bridge, for example, or you can use them to erect spawn points for the many vehicles you amass.

How many? Over 100 playable vehicles is the official count, including helicopters, tractors and everything in between. In a nice touch, you can choose the colour of the vehicle before it's delivered, so if you hanker after a bright pink police motorbike, you're in luck. There are also 65 of the aforementioned Super Builds to find, 450 gold bricks and 40 red power-up bricks to earn, and 290 disguises for Chase, granting him new abilities. The city itself matches the game for sheer scale, a shimmering and inviting place, with generous draw distances and silky smooth visuals. It's a gorgeous and massive game.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anyone know when Runner 2 is coming to Europe? I've done some searching but can't find anything.

I was looking forward to downloading it this week to get some use out of my WiiU but nope, not there. It's on Steam but not the eShop which is confusing. Hope it's not going to be another Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

japtor posted:

Apparently it's been in development for three years, and as for the amount of stuff in it:

:psypop: What do you even do with 290 disguises. This game is looking more and more cool the more I learn about it.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 28, 2013

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

TheThirst posted:

I saw people posting about this on Miiverse, apparently it's going to be patched sometime. I've had similar problems with the new Google app.

I've had that happen when powering down from within the world map. Glad to see a patch is coming.

As an aside this game has made me quite happy about the headphone jack on the pad. I can plug in my regular headphones and wrap myself in the soundtrack without any need to muck with my audio set up.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

japtor posted:

Jesus, the thought of collecting 450 gold bricks is not good. I think it was 'only' about 250 in Lego Batman 2, but it just dragged. Why can't they let you build your own vehicles for once?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
LEGO City is looking to be a solid game for my Wii U, and a solid game in general it seems. Also, dinosaurs... and a T-Rex fossil at that... :allears:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Why did I only just now hear about Lego City? drat that game looks awesome.

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

I got a two week gig out here in Port Hope
Nintendo really needs to get out there and advertise. Barely anybody I know has heard of the Wii U ....

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
March is looking pretty decent. Lego Saints Row is gonna be rad, plus there'll be Monster Hunter and Need for Speed. Should end the drought for a while. Almost a shame those games will be competing with Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider for a lot of people's money-- not that the overlap's huge, but it's surely there in some capacity (I know it is for me, anyway).

juicecube posted:

Nintendo really needs to get out there and advertise. Barely anybody I know has heard of the Wii U ....

:thumbsup:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wasn't Lego City one of the very few games they announced all the way back at the 2011 e3 press conference?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Monode posted:

Does anyone know when Runner 2 is coming to Europe? I've done some searching but can't find anything.

I was looking forward to downloading it this week to get some use out of my WiiU but nope, not there. It's on Steam but not the eShop which is confusing. Hope it's not going to be another Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Good news! The European eShop didn't update at all this week! Yep, settle in because if you're holding out for Runner 2 on WiiU I suspect it's going to be a while.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
I wanted it on WiiU for the off-tv play functionality but if I have to wait months like usual when stuff like this happens then I might as well get it on Steam or XBLA.

It would be nice if they stopped doing this with games, or at least give a reason instead of keeping quiet.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

njsykora posted:

Good news! The European eShop didn't update at all this week! Yep, settle in because if you're holding out for Runner 2 on WiiU I suspect it's going to be a while.

I'll trade you Bit Trip 2 for Zen Pinball 2.

Speaking of Bit Trip Runner 2, there is now a demo for those of us in NA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monode posted:

I wanted it on WiiU for the off-tv play functionality but if I have to wait months like usual when stuff like this happens then I might as well get it on Steam or XBLA.

It would be nice if they stopped doing this with games, or at least give a reason instead of keeping quiet.

The "reason" is that they have to submit separately for each reason and can't release until Nintendo gives them the go-ahead, and even then they usually aren't given a release date until a few days before release.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Almost Smart posted:

I've got a 1/4" of dust protecting mine.

This has me laughing more than it should... because I can relate. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Has there been any semblance of news on Game & Wario yet? I want to get my hands on that.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Just played through the Runner 2 demo. Wow, that was a ton of fun.

I wanted a full game of the Castle Rock type levels from the Rayman Legends demo and here it is!

I never played the original. Is it worth a download?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Has there been any semblance of news on Game & Wario yet? I want to get my hands on that.

The Japanese site got updated with a couple new games a few hours ago:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asaj/index.html

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Gandalf21 posted:

Just played through the Runner 2 demo. Wow, that was a ton of fun.

I wanted a full game of the Castle Rock type levels from the Rayman Legends demo and here it is!

I never played the original. Is it worth a download?

It is good but pretty unforgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

ascii genitals posted:

It is good but pretty unforgiving.

Well Bit. Trip Complete is only $10 on Amazon, so I'll give it a shot.

• Locked thread