Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

raditts posted:

How does it help if the second character gets the keys? You can't trade them, can you?

That's a playstation 3 only glitch as you can sign in both controllers with the same account. You can only have one copy of the profile file once, so since the game can't read your profile it freaks and assumes your badass ranks wrong and gives you the 10 key comp. And it can't write that it comped you either. So free keys yay.
For xbox, if you have keys and a mem stick, you can glitch it by doing the following:
Put your profile on a memory stick.
Put your save game in the cloud or harddrive.

1. Load the game and your character you want to get items for and go to sanctuary.
2. Pull the memory stick, it should say please put the memory stick back in but you can still play the game.
3. Loot the chest until you get all the crap you want.
4. Save by disabling/enabling your badass stats. (this seems faster than going back to the menu).
5. Sign out of your profile, put your memory stick in and then sign back in. The game should kick you out to the title screen because of a profile change.
Rinse and repeat you shouldn't have lost a single key. I used an extension usb cable to make the stick pulling easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Sorry for not specifying each console has its specific way. I really didn't know :doh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Before I go in to kill Jack for a second time (thanks Neo Hellbeast for the bounty of bitchin' rare items), does anyone know if the "To Grandmother's House We Go" mission or any of the other Jack missions can still be done after you kill him?

Also, does anyone know why I randomly wind up with skins / heads in my inventory with no idea how they got there? I got a pink unicorn shirt for my Gunzerker that I will rock forever but I swear it just appeared in my inventory out of nowhere. Do you get them from badass ranks sometimes?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

raditts posted:

Before I go in to kill Jack for a second time (thanks Neo Hellbeast for the bounty of bitchin' rare items), does anyone know if the "To Grandmother's House We Go" mission or any of the other Jack missions can still be done after you kill him?

Also, does anyone know why I randomly wind up with skins / heads in my inventory with no idea how they got there? I got a pink unicorn shirt for my Gunzerker that I will rock forever but I swear it just appeared in my inventory out of nowhere. Do you get them from badass ranks sometimes?

1. You can do those quests any time after they become available. While some missions may become inaccessible when the NCP or bounty board that gives the quest become unavailable due to the events of the story missions, there aren't any missions that you cannot complete if you reach a certain event.

2. Those skins and heads show up after getting a certain level on certain badass challenges.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 1, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Continuing my habit of trying new, stupid things for the Gunzerker - I'm looking for someone who could dupe any level 50 Vladof rocket launchers - particularly Topneaa - on the 360 after seeing this video.

In exchange, I've got a skin I got off of King Mong for the Mechromancer - Miss Ramone. I've also got enough goofy crap between my characters to build a tiny house out of guns, but it is mostly stuff passed about by goons.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

raditts posted:

You got the pink unicorn costume for getting 15 orange items.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Raaaagh! Farmed Wilhelm about 100 times in TVHM to get some decent equipment, he actually drops an orange (after just 100 kills, that's incredible!) and the loving thing is useless by the time I get to the Fridge. I'm this close to giving up on the game. Is playthrough 2.5 worth it, or does it get even more unbalanced?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Greenplastic posted:

Raaaagh! Farmed Wilhelm about 100 times in TVHM to get some decent equipment, he actually drops an orange (after just 100 kills, that's incredible!) and the loving thing is useless by the time I get to the Fridge. I'm this close to giving up on the game. Is playthrough 2.5 worth it, or does it get even more unbalanced?

2.5 scales everything to 50, so you can get the best version of loot(Oh, MorningStar tell me more about how I'm a monster:allears:)

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yeah, I know, but does that level 50 equipment actually dent the enemy, or do you have to farm for legendaries to be able to hurt anything? Likewise, do level 50 shields manage more than two bullets?

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

Greenplastic posted:

Yeah, I know, but does that level 50 equipment actually dent the enemy, or do you have to farm for legendaries to be able to hurt anything? Likewise, do level 50 shields manage more than two bullets?

I've been killing and farming in 2.5 with my commando, when I started doing so I had no legendaries. I die often, but not enough to be annoying, yet.

boatiemathmo
Dec 12, 2004
I'm just about to complete my first playthrough and move into NG+. A quick question for you on sidequests.

I know they level to match for when I hit TVHM, but that apparently gear-wise I'll still be fine even if I do them on 2.0 instead of 2.5. I intend to try and keep most for TVHM anyway though, so I have stuff still to do when the main game is finished. But are there any that you can lock-out by completing the main story (or otherwise accidentally) which I should be especially careful to make sure I complete as I go along?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

raditts posted:

I'm almost at the end of TVHM without any glitching and aside from some "oh gently caress this" moments that were pretty much the same "oh gently caress this" moments in the first playthrough, it hasn't been that terrible so long as I keep up with the latest and killingest guns.

I'm playing using a Gunzerker and at this point I spend more time in Gunzerk mode than out, so maybe that's what you need to make it fun. I know being able to hold the triggers down and point in the general direction of whatever I want to die, gleefully throwing homing transfusion grenades to mop up the rest, is working out pretty good for me.

Playing with other people helps too, if for nothing else than enemy health doesn't refill when you die. Now that I'm level 50 and ready to break the game, if one of you guys wants to throw an Evil Smasher and an Infinity my way I'd be glad to take them.

What's your build? I'm at level 13 and worried about screwing myself over later with something sub-optimal. Currently I'm set, with 2 Purple pistols and class mods that boost various tanking skills.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Count Chocula posted:

What's your build? I'm at level 13 and worried about screwing myself over later with something sub-optimal. Currently I'm set, with 2 Purple pistols and class mods that boost various tanking skills.

You can respec any time for a nominal fee at a customization station, don't worry about that.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Father Wendigo posted:

Continuing my habit of trying new, stupid things for the Gunzerker - I'm looking for someone who could dupe any level 50 Vladof rocket launchers - particularly Topneaa - on the 360 after seeing this video.

In exchange, I've got a skin I got off of King Mong for the Mechromancer - Miss Ramone. I've also got enough goofy crap between my characters to build a tiny house out of guns, but it is mostly stuff passed about by goons.

I have alllllll the rocket launchers you could possibly want. Including all the Topneaas. I think I solved my freezing issue by re-downloading Torgue so I should be good to go.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I defeated the final boss last night and didn't get a single orange drop. :(
Game said I needed to complete all missions before going onto TVHM, does that mean the optional side quests too?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
No, just the storyline.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

I defeated the final boss last night and didn't get a single orange drop. :(
Game said I needed to complete all missions before going onto TVHM, does that mean the optional side quests too?

I was in a pubbie game last night for the warrior and the same thing happened. Only 2 purples: Jack's mask and a Bandit skin. Somehow that didn't stop the kids I was playing with from fighting over the blue/green drops.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I have alllllll the rocket launchers you could possibly want. Including all the Topneaas. I think I solved my freezing issue by re-downloading Torgue so I should be good to go.

You wouldn't happen to have a PBFG would you? Because I have yet to meet someone who does.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Kind of a weird request, but I'm looking for the cursed items from the Pirate DLC, specifically the Rapier and the Manly Man Shield. I'd get them myself but I can't be arsed for another TVHM playthrough to be honest. Let me know if you want any loot in return. GT: FREE SHRUGS.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

You wouldn't happen to have a PBFG would you? Because I have yet to meet someone who does.

A what?

EDIT: Oh that's actually what it's called. Huh. I can say I've never seen that one before. Lemme ask around. I just found it on the wiki and I want one!

delpheye fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 1, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

A what?

EDIT: Oh that's actually what it's called. Huh. I can say I've never seen that one before. Lemme ask around. I just found it on the wiki and I want one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ol028OrKUs It's basically a Doom BFG.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

:stare:

If that's merely a Pretty BFG I would like to see their take on an actual BFG. Maybe like the Nukem?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

no one I know has ever seen one either. I definitely need one now.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Kifisonfire posted:

Kind of a weird request, but I'm looking for the cursed items from the Pirate DLC, specifically the Rapier and the Manly Man Shield. I'd get them myself but I can't be arsed for another TVHM playthrough to be honest. Let me know if you want any loot in return. GT: FREE SHRUGS.

I think I can hook you up with both, I'm pretty sure I have the Manly Man shield at least. I'll msg you later if I have it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Count Chocula posted:

I built down the middle tree first, then got about halfway through the left tree before hitting level 50. Being able to throw 2 grenades for every grenade you have in gunzerk mode is awesome, as well as decreasing your cooldown rate and increase your gunzerk duration by killing things. With that, your gunzerk cooldown will start while your current one is still going, so given enough kills you'll only have to suffer a few seconds before you can DOUBLE THE GODDAMNED FUN again. Also, the bottom skill increases your fire rate and reload rate the longer you hold down the triggers, so given the rate you regenerate ammo there's no reason to just hold them down and annihilate everything you see.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I have like 30 different legendaries. Here's my checklist. Add me on PSN (JackOfArcades) if you want me to come in and dupe some of them. Also if you have something not on here you'd like to dupe for me.

Assault Rifles
x Veruc
x kerBlaster
x Shredifier

Pistols
x Unkempt Herald
x Hornet
x Thunderball Fists

Shotguns
x Striker
x Conference Call
x Flakker

Sniper Rifles
x Invader
x Pitchfork
x Lyuda

SMGs
x Bitch
x Emperor
x Hellfire
x Slagga
x Babymaker

Shields
x Neogenator
x The Bee
x Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
x Firehawk
x Black Hole
x Impaler
x The Cradle
x Hide of Terramorphous

Grenades
x Fastball
x Leech
x Rolling Thunder
x Bonus Package
x Fire Bee

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Duke posted:

I think I can hook you up with both, I'm pretty sure I have the Manly Man shield at least. I'll msg you later if I have it.
Thanks for the offer but I got hooked up with both. My experiment failed miserably though.

In other news, me and Mechwarrior were messing around and found out how to glitch Axton's speed. Unfortunately I didn't capture the duel where he ran circles around Deathtrap, or where he ran out of the world. But you get the idea. Also IGNORE MY SHAMEFUL DRIVING HOLY poo poo THAT WAS BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oryhqC4hAs

What I really want to do is get 3 Axton's in a game (The host can't partake in this awesome glitch for some reason) and have the best race ever.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Thanks for the offer but I got hooked up with both. My experiment failed miserably though.

In other news, me and Mechwarrior were messing around and found out how to glitch Axton's speed. Unfortunately I didn't capture the duel where he ran circles around Deathtrap, or where he ran out of the world. But you get the idea. Also IGNORE MY SHAMEFUL DRIVING HOLY poo poo THAT WAS BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oryhqC4hAs

What I really want to do is get 3 Axton's in a game (The host can't partake in this awesome glitch for some reason) and have the best race ever.

That might be the most fun I've had with Axton in awhile.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So, should I be doing the DLCs on normal mode or TVHM?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
You should at least run through them on TVHM, since a lot of the uniques you get from them are pretty awesome.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on 360 happen to have a spare pitchfork lying around? I've got a legendary tediore launcher I don't plan on using and be would gladly give it up in exchange.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

jackofarcades posted:

You should at least run through them on TVHM, since a lot of the uniques you get from them are pretty awesome.

The Orphan Maker alone from Scarlett's DLC is amazing... Unless you're using the Evil Smasher glitch, which I found out the fun way!

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Sorry I didn't come back on tonight Flex! Terminator 2 came on the TV whilst I was eating and I totally forgot about Borderlands D:

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Can you do the DLC in normal mode and then redo it in TVHM or 2.5 once you are level 50? Or will it be the level it was the first time you accessed it?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

You can do the DLC in both storymodes. In THVM they were all level 50 quests for me, but I didn't go into any of the DLC until 50.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Digging around on the youtubes I found a video that's a little bit easier to get into the treasure room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2RAHt1Z-k

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

10 Beers posted:

So, should I be doing the DLCs on normal mode or TVHM?

If you're using a fresh character and still on PT1, doing all the DLC you have is a good way of making sure you're leveled enough for the final boss of the vanilla game.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
If anyone has a level 50 thunderball fists, Harold, kerblaster, hornet, or sheriff badge, I'd love you forever. Axton legendary mod, too. XBL: FistEnergy

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren: I just got a Level 50 PBFG. It's incendiary and I'm going to try and get a shock one with a 5 clip, but I got one now.

FistEnergy posted:

If anyone has a level 50 thunderball fists, Harold, kerblaster, hornet, or sheriff badge, I'd love you forever. Axton legendary mod, too. XBL: FistEnergy

I have some of these. I'll throw you a message in a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Did that just gib someone? I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, then again I don't usually use rocket launchers.
Also, do they work like Doom/Doom2 BFGs where it hits everyone in your line of sight when it explodes, or Doom3 BFGs where it's has an area of effect around where it explodes?

• Locked thread