Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.
Tawnies seem to go for about 3-4k, and Semi-enigmatics for 4-5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Velveteen posted:

After running ACHM again I realized how much I hate that place. So I was thinking of setting up a MCNM run in the future for our more geared members!

Watch and be prepared!

What is the recommended gear requirement for that place?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Full T14+12 team for the last 20% of last boss to minimize chance of failure. T13+9-T14+9 for rest.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Is there a price guide anywhere for alchemy materials when purchased through NPC vendors? Or one for rough guides on various servers through the trade broker? I'm getting into making potions for the guild I'm in so just curious to know how much Gold I should be charging.

If I have a day free with nothing to do I might make myself a little spreadsheet or something.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Full T14+12 team for the last 20% of last boss to minimize chance of failure. T13+9-T14+9 for rest.

Ouch, hmmm I barely got some regent stuff, but don't have enough enchant fodder or MES to enchant and/or MW them yet...

Is anyone in guild that is selling t14 fodder? Or for that matter, dire badges and talents?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have two semi-enigmatic scrolls from the tawny pack. Will I want to sell them for 4.5k each or hold on to them?

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

That depends on what changes EME makes to the drop rates of stuff.
Sometimes stuff gets exponentionally more expensive, and sometimes the price drops dramatically.
I can't imagine they'll be going more expensive though... 4.5k sounds ridiculously high even for inflated prices.
So I'd sell them now, but it's totally up to you =D

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Eigo posted:

There's still all 4 bank slots, 8 char slots, and so on without having elite: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/founder-status-get-it-while-it-s-hot

One of the biggest original benefits was avoiding queue times, but they seem to have gotten those almost eliminated now that the population is more spread out.

Yeah, I didn't know they stopped giving out the time when I hunted down a boxed copy yesterday, but I feel that spending the $20 bucks that I did at Walmart was more than enough to pay for the game. I don't see it as paying for those extra stuff as much as giving the developers how much I think the game was worth. A game like Aion, however, I'm not going to spend any money on, since it's just so poorly optimized. TERA just looks better, and runs so much smoother, despite using a newer engine (Cryengine 1 vs Unreal Engine 3) and being a supposedly more demanding game.

If you can find a wal-mart near you with a copy in stock, it beats the $30 that Gamestop is charging.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
So I'm approaching 60 and I was hoping to get more information about endgame gear sets. I know there's like 5 or 6 sets with ascending stats at endgame. Now I have no interest in powergaming or logging in every day to do dailies like its my job. I'd like to log in every couple days and play around a bit and feel like I could be making progress even if I didn't get lucky with drops on that specific day

So here's my question. Could one of the people who've been around a while write up an information post about what it takes to get each of the end game gear sets? Something like 'regent drops in such and such zones and needs components from this other place as well'.

Hopefully this isn't asking too much but I'd just like to log in and think 'ok, I should run (insert dungeon) today for a chance at the next level of gear drops'. Assume I won't ever have any money. I don't really care if these means it'll take years to get +12 top tier gear. I just want to log in and run some dungeons when I feel like it and make a little progress

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011
Sending application now. Character name is Bowrrl.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Good Citizen posted:

So I'm approaching 60 and I was hoping to get more information about endgame gear sets. I know there's like 5 or 6 sets with ascending stats at endgame. Now I have no interest in powergaming or logging in every day to do dailies like its my job. I'd like to log in every couple days and play around a bit and feel like I could be making progress even if I didn't get lucky with drops on that specific day

So here's my question. Could one of the people who've been around a while write up an information post about what it takes to get each of the end game gear sets? Something like 'regent drops in such and such zones and needs components from this other place as well'.

Hopefully this isn't asking too much but I'd just like to log in and think 'ok, I should run (insert dungeon) today for a chance at the next level of gear drops'. Assume I won't ever have any money. I don't really care if these means it'll take years to get +12 top tier gear. I just want to log in and run some dungeons when I feel like it and make a little progress

I feel like it would be really really hard to get geared up while entirely discounting money/the trade broker. For the purposes of PvE there's about five different T14 armor sets: Agnitor Nexus, Abyss, Queen's Wrath, Regent, and Visionmaker (which is a PVP set as well). Relatively speaking, the Agnitor set would be the easiest to get, since it's either acquired as a drop in Nexus Traverse (very infrequently), or by farming up enough reputation and credits to buy it from the Agnitor faction (requires you to grind Nexus/NT for a long time as well).

Abyss/Queen's Wrath make up the next 'tier', as they're both equally strong, and only look different cosmetically. The problem is that these sets only drop from the hard mode version of Argon Corpus, or Manaya's Core normal, both of which already more or less require you to have a good T14+12 to be able to run them consistently. Any instances easier than that will mostly just drop fodder or jewelry.

Then there's Regent, which is pretty much the top of the line for most players. This drops from Manaya's Core Hard Mode, and depending on the exact item typically goes for around 10-50k on the trade broker.

Visionmaker is more of an honorary mention because it requires you to not only max out your crafting, but will cost you an astronomical amount of money or a ton of grinding. Even something as simple as the recipe for cloth armor boots will fetch 40-50k on the broker.

So what can you do once you hit 60? Well, tier 13 gear is relatively cheap, and will allow you to do some of the easier level 60 instances. If you get some enigmatic T13 armor from the broker (only costs a few 100 gold a piece), you can start doing Nexus/NT for a bunch of easy gold and a chance at Agnitor gear. You will also want to start doing the dailies for Jax Trust and Unified Field Lab (can be found in Cutthroat Harbor and Allemantheia respectively). Once you get up to ~900 credits with either of them, you can buy a REALLY GOOD non-enigmatic chestpiece that boosts one of your class skills, and has stats that are comparable to a +9 Abyss chest.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Tensei posted:

I feel like it would be really really hard to get geared up while entirely discounting money/the trade broker. For the purposes of PvE there's about five different T14 armor sets: Agnitor Nexus, Abyss, Queen's Wrath, Regent, and Visionmaker (which is a PVP set as well). Relatively speaking, the Agnitor set would be the easiest to get, since it's either acquired as a drop in Nexus Traverse (very infrequently), or by farming up enough reputation and credits to buy it from the Agnitor faction (requires you to grind Nexus/NT for a long time as well).

Abyss/Queen's Wrath make up the next 'tier', as they're both equally strong, and only look different cosmetically. The problem is that these sets only drop from the hard mode version of Argon Corpus, or Manaya's Core normal, both of which already more or less require you to have a good T14+12 to be able to run them consistently. Any instances easier than that will mostly just drop fodder or jewelry.

Then there's Regent, which is pretty much the top of the line for most players. This drops from Manaya's Core Hard Mode, and depending on the exact item typically goes for around 10-50k on the trade broker.

Visionmaker is more of an honorary mention because it requires you to not only max out your crafting, but will cost you an astronomical amount of money or a ton of grinding. Even something as simple as the recipe for cloth armor boots will fetch 40-50k on the broker.

So what can you do once you hit 60? Well, tier 13 gear is relatively cheap, and will allow you to do some of the easier level 60 instances. If you get some enigmatic T13 armor from the broker (only costs a few 100 gold a piece), you can start doing Nexus/NT for a bunch of easy gold and a chance at Agnitor gear. You will also want to start doing the dailies for Jax Trust and Unified Field Lab (can be found in Cutthroat Harbor and Allemantheia respectively). Once you get up to ~900 credits with either of them, you can buy a REALLY GOOD non-enigmatic chestpiece that boosts one of your class skills, and has stats that are comparable to a +9 Abyss chest.

Thanks for all the info. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. And yeah, I'm sure I'll buy some pieces, but I don't really plan to spend all that much time grinding for cash and wanted to know where things actually drop.

What about ACNM? When I played my 60 archer I heard people refer to it as a gearing up zone but you don't seem to mention it. Is it just for some random jewelry and unenchantable superiors?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Also, when I'm searching for these pieces on the broker will they actually be called 'regent ______' or will I need to search by zone or something?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Velveteen posted:

Leveling as a healer is really boring. Healers are high demand in dungeons at 60 and probably the easiest and least gear dependent class to play. If you enjoy healing its quite fun to play compared to staring at health bars like WoW but if its not really your thing you probably still won't enjoy it at 60.

In WoW I had a blast healing as a resto druid. The watching health bars was dull, but my UI set up was so health was never shown. It showed if someone was missing a heal dot or was near death. I can't remember the addon I used.
It seems I need to stop comparing lvling as a druid to lvling as a mystic.

Tensei posted:

On top of what Velveteen said, your role as a healer will eventually get a bit more involved. In Sinestral Manor, the level 27~ dungeon, you'll have your first taste of this: the second boss will put a debuff on people that will do 90% of their health as damage when it expires, unless you cleanse it. In general, as the game goes on, bosses will start being a lot more mobile, throw ranged secondary aggro attacks at you, or spawn adds to chase you down, so it shouldn't be as boring.

Also yes, level 60 Mystics are in great demand in dungeons, possibly moreso than priests.

I'll push for lvl 27 and give that dungeon a go. Do I need to worry about applying my dot or using my pet in dungeons? Or just focus on heals, balls and cleanse?

Thanks for the advice!

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
So if I join my 24 Sorc to the KGDK's am I going to get ganked all the way to 60 by people who hate us?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tokaii posted:

So if I join my 24 Sorc to the KGDK's am I going to get ganked all the way to 60 by people who hate us?

Only with GvG wars. People that gank generally don't discriminate and beat down every lowbie around them. And stay outta channel 1, the drat game will try to stick you in there when teleporting or leaving instances :argh:.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Tokaii posted:

It's actually really hard to find people in guilds that you're hunting. Even when we had a 9 way GvG battle going I only ever saw the other guilds when I was in channel one in a major town.

Go to any other channel and you'll be fine

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012

Tensei posted:

MCNM doesn't require gear, it requires knowledge of and experience in MC. Can do it in T13+9, though learning it will be harder because you'll die more often. Still very doable if you learn it with a good group.

Good Citizen posted:

What about ACNM? When I played my 60 archer I heard people refer to it as a gearing up zone but you don't seem to mention it. Is it just for some random jewelry and unenchantable superiors?

ACNM is braindead easy, you can do it with absolutely any gear if you know not to stand in damaging things. It doesn't drop much that you would want to use, but is very good for making money so people do it a lot.

Good Citizen posted:

Also, when I'm searching for these pieces on the broker will they actually be called 'regent ______' or will I need to search by zone or something?

There's no pattern to the names, though you can mouse over them and it will say "Regent's weapon" or something similar. The best way to find them is to sort by price, they're always at the top!

Tensei posted:

Agree with this. First order of business is to do Cutthroat / Allemantheia dailies every day. I know you said you don't want to do dailies, but you should stomach it for few days. They are incredibly good. Both are very profitable even without the gear, but if you only want to get your weapon and armor, Cutthroat has melee stuff, Allemantheia has ranged stuff. You can easily get T13 boots/gloves if you can't afford the T14 ones. Your Jax/UTI weapon and armor, with +6 T13 gloves and boots, should be more than enough for anything other than MCHM and the last boss of ACHM.

You probably won't get much further than that without saving up gold or being really lucky. Sad truth of the matter is that the main way you improve your PvE gear in Tera is by buying stuff off the broker. PvP is based a lot more around slowly accumulating credits as you do battlegrounds, but you still need to do nexus for your conjunct gear, which would require a regular schedule of logging in for nexus. And personally, I don't find either battlegrounds or nexus fun.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/#intro

This is a pretty good endgame guide, adding this to the OP would be a good idea :)/

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Tensei posted:

Tawnies seem to go for about 3-4k, and Semi-enigmatics for 4-5k.

more like 2500 - someone just gamed the market for them, don't expect semis to stay that high.

Totalizator posted:

http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/#intro

This is a pretty good endgame guide, adding this to the OP would be a good idea :)/

I was going to post exactly that. The only thing it's missing is pictures of the gear so you know how it looks.
Names, stats, who drops it, for every class. Lots of useful info for a new 60.

Edit: A couple minor questions. Red circle around you is obviously aggro - blue circle is what, secondary threat?

What'd we do to piss off Asylum so much? :laugh:

On the topic of PvP: do we have a battleground group or do we mostly carebear it up? I've wanted to try it but gently caress pugs.

Is anyone compiling stats on enchanting? I've been tracking mine. There's some work on the net, but it appears to be pre-overhaul so basically worthless for numbercrunching. I'm playing around with the theory that the difference between target ilevel and input ilevel has a factor - which would mean sacrificing +6 gear at the highend would be a viable strategy. Getting the +12 without fail achievement should give you +13 and a special particle effect. Seriously, that's insane.

Harik fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 1, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
^^^^: Blue is like, another target for a set move or spell afaik.

Asylum is still really upset about Aracdia no PVP.

Enchanting numbers being compiled would need half the server, if we did it off me and 10 other goons the average MES would take 70. :smith:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I really love my Lancer but how are they in PvP? Ami going to need a friend to help me gank or will everything come into play when I get the leash?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Alright so I couldn't find a guide for Crucible of Flame so I made one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9cSipyBtvs

Hope thats helpful.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Zasraik posted:

I really love my Lancer but how are they in PvP? Ami going to need a friend to help me gank or will everything come into play when I get the leash?
Almost every ganker I see on the Killian EU server has been a Lancer so I imagine they're pretty good.

edit: Am I crazy, or do the EU servers have different recipes for alchemy than the US ones? To make a Healing Potion IV in EU I could've sworn I used Sylva Salve and Journeyman Alchemical Kits, but guides online are saying the recipe uses Healing Elixir IV and Nagollic Catalyst.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 1, 2013

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
EU runs on a different patch then NA and crafting has been changed recently so it wouldn't suprise me if they decided not to implement the new system (knowing gameforge they chose whitchever one involved more hassle).

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
American guides seem to say that you need to craft Elixirs first and then merge them with stuff to make Potions. EU seems to be (Sylva Fibers + Aerated Gel) + Journeyman Alchemical Kits and you're done.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Question Mark Mound posted:

American guides seem to say that you need to craft Elixirs first and then merge them with stuff to make Potions. EU seems to be (Sylva Fibers + Aerated Gel) + Journeyman Alchemical Kits and you're done.

Looks like NA and EU servers are the same in this regard. Just need to make Fibers + Gel, then use the resultant ingredient + alchy kit.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Strange, each guide I've found must be out of date then.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Question Mark Mound posted:

Strange, each guide I've found must be out of date then.

This is highly likely, there's plenty of outdated Tera information to go around right now.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Zasraik posted:

Lancers are the FOTM right now. You can tell because they have the most expensive gear in the game and how many Lancers there are running around. From what I hear they're pretty good in PvP now.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Velveteen posted:

Alright so I couldn't find a guide for Crucible of Flame so I made one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9cSipyBtvs

Hope thats helpful.

Wow what a great guide. I am having a hard time learning the ins and outs of certain places. Not too many people are excited to hear that the tank has no experience in whatever dungeon you are in. If you decide to do a MC run next that would be awesome.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Velveteen posted:

Lancers are the FOTM right now. You can tell because they have the most expensive gear in the game and how many Lancers there are running around. From what I hear they're pretty good in PvP now.

Adding to this, though it isn't an objective look at class balance, the 2 classes that are whined about the most on EME official forums in terms of PvP are the Archer and the Lancer.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Seemenaked posted:

Wow what a great guide. I am having a hard time learning the ins and outs of certain places. Not too many people are excited to hear that the tank has no experience in whatever dungeon you are in. If you decide to do a MC run next that would be awesome.

I posted a bunch of guides I used before doing dungeons on our guild forums. Most people are Ok if I tell them I've watched some guides on Youtube before entering.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm moving my archer back into the main guild Crowd! I want to start playing my archer again.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
New changes look neat. I'll play this a lot until Neverwinter comes out.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Cruising through the ktera blog the upcoming features are:

Faction combat system with sieges
Non combat pets who pick up loot for you
Four 10-20 man raids

I'm not sure where the NA version is compared to the Korean version but there are a lot of balance changes we don't have as far as I know.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I heard about those, I think priests are getting a buff? But probably a lot of balance changes coming with it. Is the game popular in Korea? Seems like a big advantage it could have is that Korea pumps out content and they just have to localize it for the f2p in NA/EU.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
It seems the game is doing decent enough, 10 minutes of googling found me this chart http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/, TERA is 11th, 5th in the mmo category

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Thanks for the 18k PP:

Shops are open until 17/3, PVP is off for 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

KaneTW posted:

Thanks for the 18k PP:

Shops are open until 17/3, PVP is off for 2 days.

I hope you save all these and post'em up on main forums to share this with everyone :allears:.

• Locked thread