Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

If he had looked, he presumably would not have stepped in front of a car.

I'm sorry. I don't believe in victim blaming but that just bothered me.

Maybe he, you know, expected the loving car to stop at a goddamned red light. I don't believe in victim blaming, and that poo poo loving bothered me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Radbot posted:

I'm sure you slow down at green lights when you're driving to ensure no one is about to run a red, correct? I really hope you've never, ever proceeded through a green without slowing and looking both ways because you'd look like a real rear end right now if you haven't.

Nope, never have. Not paying attention to cross streets is a sign of a bad driver.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Radbot posted:

I'm sure you slow down at green lights when you're driving to ensure no one is about to run a red, correct? I really hope you've never, ever proceeded through a green without slowing and looking both ways because you'd look like a real rear end right now if you haven't.

The Entire Universe posted:

Maybe he, you know, expected the loving car to stop at a goddamned red light. I don't believe in victim blaming, and that poo poo loving bothered me.

I'm pretty sure the original poster was being sarcastic.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Badera posted:

Jesus Christ, that Wonkette article is nigh-unreadable. I feel like I should have my Idiocracy dictionary handy.

Ok, have a TPM article instead.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/axelrod-presses-woodward-on-whether-he-felt-threatened?ref=fpa

This is getting kinda silly, Woodward is doubling down I guess?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

why didn't you say to Gene, don't threaten me?

"No, I did not feel threatened," Woodward responded. "What I have said, David, and come on, you are making, putting words in my mouth. I said I don't think this is the way to operate. And you and I have had many discussions. You've never said to me, Oh, you're going to regret doing that, am I correct?"

What I have said, david...uh...oh poo poo, I did say that...uh....why are you being mean to me?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

Ok, have a TPM article instead.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/axelrod-presses-woodward-on-whether-he-felt-threatened?ref=fpa

This is getting kinda silly, Woodward is doubling down I guess?

Seems more to me like he's backing off from his original "threatened" claim. Trying to cut his losses, I suppose.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Badera posted:

Jesus Christ, that Wonkette article is nigh-unreadable. I feel like I should have my Idiocracy dictionary handy.

This is what happens when you let some one write an article when their typing experience never graduated past an iPhone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Seems more to me like he's backing off from his original "threatened" claim. Trying to cut his losses, I suppose.

Yea he's trying to back off while still kinda saying 'well I think it was mean' so he doesn't totally lose points.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

Yessss. This is my favorite characteristic. If the revolution comes, I'd simply outrun these people, heh. Zombieland was pretty sound advice.

That movie more than anything else made me get off my rear end and start couch to 5k.

Just ran my first 5k a month ago to.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Limbaugh Chat: FYI Google taught Obama how to astroturf last campaign season. So...most communications to representatives from "constituents" concerning the effects of the sequester are the result of Google teaching Obama how to astroturf.

That's some weak poo poo right there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Limbaugh Chat: FYI Google taught Obama how to astroturf last campaign season. So...most communications to representatives from "constituents" concerning the effects of the sequester are the result of Google teaching Obama how to astroturf.

If he learned anything about astroturfing it was done through studying the work of FreedomWorks. :ironicat:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

His reasoning doesn't need to be good, the whole show is just 'gently caress OBAMA! here's why. gently caress OBAMA! here's why.' His listeners are just like 'gently caress OBAMA!!!! gently caress OBAMA!!! gently caress OBAMA!!!' and the reasoning only needs to be there so they can pretend there's justification for it. I doubt they even know or understand 99% of what Rush says, even if it did make sense.

Even so, that's pretty weak, even for Rush.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Sir Tonk posted:

Speaking of odd stories, I didn't see anything about Woodward's emails today. Drudge was nice enough to grace us with his usual top story bluster and it really seems like Woodward has lost it.

Came here to post this. Rush and Cain cited him on their shows today.

Woodward just seems like a slimy opportunist to me. I remember reading State of Denial a few years back and, as much as I disliked Bush and Rumsfeld and wanted to agree with everything in it, I was skeptical and instead kept finding myself wondering how Woodward could know half the poo poo he wrote in that book unless he was in the room when it happened. So many passages from it read as if he personally had the Oval office wiretapped. It was like reading Albert Goldman's book on Lenny Bruce.

The right wing media back then (rightfully) pitched a poo poo fit about that book and painted Woodward for what he is, but now I guess he's an unimpeachable source and a free speech martyr because he's hammering on the President and Obama doesn't like it. All of a sudden, Cain and Rush are first amendment champions and for a free press.

Badera posted:

Rehubbilitashun. Why you tryin' to read that word? You a fag or somethin'?

edit:

Anyone hear Alex Jones on Stern this week? Listening to it now. He actually referred to himself at one point as "Alex Young" as he was ranting about some poo poo. "I'm not making it up! Go to YouTube and Google 'Alex Young arrested'". Stern is making a fool out of him just by letting him talk and asking him serious questions.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 1, 2013

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Well, this is hilarious.

quote:

Silver Circle, the independent animated feature film from Two Lanterns Media, hits theaters in a nationwide tour starting March 22 in New York City. Here's a synopsis:

SILVER CIRCLE focuses on a group of Underground Rebels led by the charismatic Zoe Taylor (played by Philana Mia). Under Zoe’s leadership, the Rebels outmaneuver the oppressive Federal Reserve while creating a guerrilla currency based on silver. Following a HousStab (Dept. of Housing Stability) protest where one of the Rebels is killed, Zoe confronts a straight-laced federal agent: Jay Nelson (played by De'Lon Grant). While helplessly falling for the strident and beautiful rebel leader, he eventually begins to question his own allegiance to the Fed. Ultimately Jay must decide whether to remain loyal to the Fed or join forces with Zoe and the rebels to create a powerful strike against tyranny. Using a 50’s retro style animation to deliver romance, action and a serious political message, SILVER CIRCLE tackles the issue of monetary policy and the role of the Federal Reserve in a fun and unique way. The film offers a dystopian vision of an America controlled by an all-powerful Federal Reserve.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/28/badass-giveaway-win-a-silver-circle-graphic-novel/

And here's a direct link to the stupendous trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veO_W2HB0YI

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

It's as if that one joke Korean animated news outlet was taken over by insane libertarians.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I'd ask which one of you posted the only comment on that video but it's a week old.

quote:

ViolentSexVixenz 1 week ago

Is it cool that it has the look of an early 90's pc game? I'm not sure...Reminds me of "D"....even the body animations....what am I missing?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
For me, 50s-style Retro Animation would have 2 characters running while the passing the same looped background multiple times and being cartoonishly affected by the laws of physics. Also, a mouse pulling a giant mallet from behind his back and walloping a cat with it.

Give me that, because it works, too: The cheese represents gold, mouse trap is taxes, the mouse represents true patriots, the mallet represents guns, and the cat represents the militant enforcers of the Feds' authority.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Came here to post this. Rush and Cain cited him on their shows today.

Woodward just seems like a slimy opportunist to me. I remember reading State of Denial a few years back and, as much as I disliked Bush and Rumsfeld and wanted to agree with everything in it, I was skeptical and instead kept finding myself wondering how Woodward could know half the poo poo he wrote in that book unless he was in the room when it happened. So many passages from it read as if he personally had the Oval office wiretapped. It was like reading Albert Goldman's book on Lenny Bruce.

The right wing media back then (rightfully) pitched a poo poo fit about that book and painted Woodward for what he is, but now I guess he's an unimpeachable source and a free speech martyr because he's hammering on the President and Obama doesn't like it. All of a sudden, Cain and Rush are first amendment champions and for a free press.

And flipping past Fox a few minutes ago, I was greeted with "Woodward vs. the White House: Mainstream Media Choosing Sides."

How is it not clear that Woodward got caught with his pants down and is trying to save face now?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:allears: Can't wait!

quote:

bobelsnobify 16 minutes ago
END THE FED
BRING BACK CHILD LABOUR
DEPORT THE IRISH
KILL YOUR PARENTS

Which one of you was this?

"They take our money, our homes, our freedom..."

You mean the banks and corporations?

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Shageletic posted:

And here's a direct link to the stupendous trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veO_W2HB0YI

It looks one step removed from larping on Second Life.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nucleic Acids posted:

And flipping past FOX a few minutes ago, I was greeted with "Woodward vs. the White House: Mainstream Media Choosing Sides."

How is it not clear that Woodward got caught with his pants down and is trying to save face now?

Because he's targeting Obama now. The friend of my enemy and such. Also, FOX.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Is their rallying cry, "Free silver!"?

It kinda makes sense, though. I'd imagine it'd be rather difficult to resist a hot bimetallic chick.
"Is that hard currency, or are you just happy to see me?"

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
It really is a good thing that the Libertarian propoganda arm is as dumb as their political philosophy or we could be in some serious trouble. After watching the trailer twice I couldn't tell you any of the characters' names, anything about the plot, or really any detail other than FIAT MONEY BAD COMMODITY MONEY GOOD. The "riot" scene has them fighting against literal Federal Reserve Police. :wtc:

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Kalos posted:

It really is a good thing that the Libertarian propoganda arm is as dumb as their political philosophy or we could be in some serious trouble. After watching the trailer twice I couldn't tell you any of the characters' names, anything about the plot, or really any detail other than FIAT MONEY BAD COMMODITY MONEY GOOD. The "riot" scene has them fighting against literal Federal Reserve Police. :wtc:

The Federal Reserve actually has their own police force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Police

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Reading that left me totally speechless. The entire page, from article to comments, reads like a satire piece on the GOP. What the ever loving hell drives someone to write this tripe?

For interested goons, The Invisible War covers this in depth. Prepare for unmitigated rage and frustration.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Vulich the Subtle posted:

The Federal Reserve actually has their own police force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Police
It's me. I'm the idiot.

What possible need does the Fed have for its own police force? :psyduck:

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 2, 2013

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Kalos posted:

Because War on Terror, duh. :911:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Die Hard 3? I guess they decided to beef up security.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Kalos posted:

It's me. I'm the idiot.

They're just glorified security guards for Fed property.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Oklahoma State Senator says workers compensation gives people "an incentive to get hurt".

:newt:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

It's true though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkwL8QOYWbk

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

:nms: This :nms: was posted in the Scary Wikipedia Article thread. Short version, workers at a Spam factory started developing a rare neurological disorder after being exposed to aerosolized pig brains. The factory found reasons to fire them when they started costing the company money. So, gently caress that guy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

platedlizard posted:

:nms: This :nms: was posted in the Scary Wikipedia Article thread. Short version, workers at a Spam factory started developing a rare neurological disorder after being exposed to aerosolized pig brains. The factory found reasons to fire them when they started costing the company money. So, gently caress that guy.

Link to the Scary Wikipedia Article thread?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Crasscrab posted:

Link to the Scary Wikipedia Article thread?

Post your favorite scary or unnerving Wikipedia page

It hasn't just been Wikipedia, just mostly.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Neat! Thanks!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Foxnews keeps perpetuating the myth that government budgets are the same as household budgets.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/01/americans-absorb-36-percent-pay-cut-while-washington-fights-over-sequester-647959305/

I love that url. "Americans absorb 36 percent pay cut while Washington fights over sequester." Hey everyone! Two things happened!

But more seriously, it presents no alternative point of view to austerity, and, as far as I can tell, is not an opinion piece. Just read this paragraph and try to see it as neutral point of view.

quote:

As Americans’ income fell by 3.6 percent in January, President Obama and Congressional leaders were warning of the dire consequences of sequester, the budgetary booby trap that forces cuts of as little as a third of that from the mammoth federal spending plan. Working stiffs sucked it up and absorbed the biggest monthly drop in income in 20 years, while the elected officials insisted that the federal budget had no fat to trim.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
"The long knives are out"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm housesitting this weekend and have access to television~~~.

Since Regular Show stopped playing on Cartoon Network last night, I found Democracy Now! and then had Free Speech TV in the background for like 3 hours while I got some work done. It's pretty interesting to see the difference between major network TV and FSTV, but it's also kind of embarrassing seeing the low production values. I found it interesting that it's also has no commercials; however, it fits directly into their MO.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Phone posted:

I'm housesitting this weekend and have access to television~~~.

Since Regular Show stopped playing on Cartoon Network last night, I found Democracy Now! and then had Free Speech TV in the background for like 3 hours while I got some work done. It's pretty interesting to see the difference between major network TV and FSTV, but it's also kind of embarrassing seeing the low production values. I found it interesting that it's also has no commercials; however, it fits directly into their MO.

I want to watch channels like FSTV and Link TV but the lack of production values (likely b/c of lack of money) makes it hard. Same goes for liberal radio stations like Pacifica and low power outlets like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Radio Nowhere posted:

I want to watch channels like FSTV and Link TV but the lack of production values (likely b/c of lack of money) makes it hard. Same goes for liberal radio stations like Pacifica and low power outlets like this.

I think its even worse now that random videogame channels on streaming sites have better production values than these channels and they are just 1 person in their living room.