Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He rolls with the punches now, it is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

SeanBeansShako posted:

He rolls with the punches now, it is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umB-gyZptNs

He sure does.......

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, he obviously doesn't take himself too seriously, and is aware that people do take the piss. So he's alright to me.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

That audience is the one that they used for a Waldo reaction scene in Black Mirror. I had never really thought about how they would have to 'fake' crowds for shows that never really happened before.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I've just seen an advert on 4od for Gogglebox, a programme which is about the public's reactions to other programmes. You will watch somebody on the sofa watching the telly while sitting on your sofa watching your telly. Someone please tell me this is all just a horrible joke and television won't really eat itself

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a Chris Morris parody from 2003.

So it is probably real.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

This week's The Culture Show was really good, looking at the work of Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park creators)

The Railway was good as usual, that solo station manager had epic facial hair.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Danny Dyer is a horrible little oval office that wrote that someone should cut their ex-girlfriend's face to teach her a lesson.

He's also a terrible actor.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

FreakyZoid posted:

Danny Dyer is a horrible little oval office that wrote that someone should cut their ex-girlfriend's face to teach her a lesson.
I remember that story. The celebrities don't write those kind of columns themselves, it would have been one of the staff. Who probably got sacked afterwards.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Oh, and the numerous times he's threatened Mark Kermode for making fun of him. No matter what you think of Kermode, that's not really the response of a totally cool guy who's up for people mocking him.

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.
Didn't see this in the OP, but a friend of mine showed me this show called Stella Street from the late 90's (all of which seems to be on youtube) it's a pretty good comedy where all the characters are played by two comedians, the whole premise of the show is a bunch of celebrities (Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Joe Pesci, The Rolling Stones etc.) all move into the same suburban street, well worth a watch!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Feats of Strength posted:

Didn't see this in the OP, but a friend of mine showed me this show called Stella Street from the late 90's (all of which seems to be on youtube) it's a pretty good comedy where all the characters are played by two comedians, the whole premise of the show is a bunch of celebrities (Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Joe Pesci, The Rolling Stones etc.) all move into the same suburban street, well worth a watch!

It wasn't too bad when it first aired but it DOES have John Sessions in it and gently caress John Sessions.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I always think that Stella Street is the guy who did Dennis Pennis, but I know it isn't.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
The weird thing about Stella Street is that - much like The Good Life - it's set in Surbiton but not filmed there, because Surbiton isn't Surbiton-y enough.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Taear posted:

It wasn't too bad when it first aired but it DOES have John Sessions in it and gently caress John Sessions.
Im quite fond of him, has he done anything bad in life I should know about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3OyvbJkj4

Is he a gay man? Cant seem to find much info about him.

Cant watch that 'whos line is it anyway' thing anymore though, its so bloody hammy.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I've just seen an advert on 4od for Gogglebox, a programme which is about the public's reactions to other programmes. You will watch somebody on the sofa watching the telly while sitting on your sofa watching your telly. Someone please tell me this is all just a horrible joke and television won't really eat itself

I hate to make this worse for you but a programme like this has already been made. I think it was hosted by Justin Lee Collins. Nothing about it redeemed it from this fact.

edit: Does anyone remember what this was called? I believe it had 3 guests each watching a different channel, and JLC would turn to each of them and ask them what they were watching. They would then describe what was happening on other channels. Its unbelievable that it ever got greenlit.

Captain Mediocre fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 2, 2013

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

I got home from a show this morning which ended with Rufus Hound sellotaping a mallet to his cock and using it to smash a bunch of eggs live on stage and all morning I have had this weird feeling in my stomach like I am ashamed to be a part of the human race

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Captain Mediocre posted:

I hate to make this worse for you but a programme like this has already been made. I think it was hosted by Justin Lee Collins. Nothing about it redeemed it from this fact.

edit: Does anyone remember what this was called? I believe it had 3 guests each watching a different channel, and JLC would turn to each of them and ask them what they were watching. They would then describe what was happening on other channels. Its unbelievable that it ever got greenlit.

Flipside TV. I actually remember watching quite a bit of it, but could only find the name by looking up that oval office Keith Allen on imdb. I remember he was really drunk on it and just shouted over everyone else, as he is prone to doing. It had rotating hosts, with JLC, Richard Bacon and Iain Lee taking turns. I quite like Bacon and Lee, which is probably why I watched it (also, it was on late at night during the Summer, so I had piss all else to do), but I remember JLC being as insufferable as ever. This was around the time he was on pretty much every Channel 4 show there was.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Simultaneously the best and worst thing BBC3 have aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1RaIWZq5Q8&t=28s

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Feats of Strength posted:

Stella Street is amazing and perhaps the only recorded instance of an impression show being funny.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Junkenstein posted:

It's not the masterpiece that is "Can Fat Teens Hunt?"

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

It's not the masterpiece that is "Can Fat Teens Hunt?"

That programme was made just to set up the announcer for a monumental Freudian slip.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21613233v Why :(

sex pervert fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 2, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Aw gently caress Nina Conti on the Comic Relief dancing thing.

She must have the slickest agent in the business.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
You've probably already seen this but almost every title makes me cackle-

http://www.jonathancresswell.co.uk/bbcthree/

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

VogeGandire posted:

Aw gently caress Nina Conti on the Comic Relief dancing thing.

She must have the slickest agent in the business.

Feltz had all the grace of a collapsing building.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

FreakyZoid posted:

He's also a terrible actor.

Do you reckon he might have been joking, mate?

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Ha ha, what a great joke. (No, I believe he really is a hateful little piece of poo poo.)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Why the John Sessions hate?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

thehustler posted:

There's literally no one someone in this thread doesn't hate.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

David Attenborough :colbert:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

VogeGandire posted:

David Attenborough :colbert:

What a oval office.

e: I'm so sorry

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 2, 2013

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

pointsofdata posted:

...other than our Dear Leader.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

pointsofdata posted:

Jim Bowen?

I spent yesterday going to Newcastle and back so got to try watching TV on my phone, the future is pretty sweet. Saw Heading Out and, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread it's a solid start, great that Sue Perkins is getting a vehicle like that. I did forget the title of the show though, and only on looking it up just now did I spot the double meaning. It's interesting that the "sit" of the sitcom is something that events are leading up to, rather than something that occurs at the start, it's as much about preparing for a change to the status-quo as the change that has already happened.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Got a haircut, now he's poo poo :colbert:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

thehustler posted:

I don't hate him, but he's rubbish on QI. To be honest, that's the only thing I've seen him on.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Attenborough sure, some was hating on Brooker earlier for being a Tory though.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Jim Bowen?

I spent yesterday going to Newcastle and back so got to try watching TV on my phone, the future is pretty sweet. Saw Heading Out and, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread it's a solid start, great that Sue Perkins is getting a vehicle like that. I did forget the title of the show though, and only on looking it up just now did I spot the double meaning. It's interesting that the "sit" of the sitcom is something that events are leading up to, rather than something that occurs at the start, it's as much about preparing for a change to the status-quo as the change that has already happened.

I enjoyed taking out and like Sue Perkins a lot - it was very Miranda-esque though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Instead of whatever Sue Perkins is doing now, can't we just get another series of The Supersizers? :cripes:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Instead of whatever Sue Perkins is doing now, can't we just get another series of The Supersizers? :cripes:

Yeah! Wanna see Giles and Sue dress up, have temper tantrums and fling diabolically disgusting food at each other some more.

They'd need to expand their horizons a bit though, they've already done pretty much all of the major British time periods. I could go for some Supersizers Eat...Mayan, or Supersizers eat...Ming-Dynasty China.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Also casting Italy as his girlfriend (in a coma) is really creepy, especially when cartoons of her being assaulted by Punch abound.

Yeah, that is slightly creepy and an editor should have just told him straight up and cut it. It spoils a mostly interesting program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Junkenstein posted:

Dyer's banter on buzzcocks was one of the funniest things i've ever seen on that show apart form Preston walking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZK7Jp7gFA

"it's very factual, im very jounalistic."