Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That's why the Pats finally cut that Brady guy who can't win the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AAA DOLFAN posted:

No loving way Omar is that delusional

Conversely: Omar

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It's true that the subjects of the news "answer to" the media in a Fourth Estate kinda way, like if the media uncovered something truly horrible we could ideally make any public official answer to it or get a product pulled from shelves or whatever. But that's not what Omar Kelly is thinking because he is total trash like many beat reporters for NFL teams

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Have you not seen what he considers journalism?

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's Omar Kelly, possibly the worst writer in sports whose name isn't Florio or Shaughnessy. I'd say it is a pretty solid bet that he believes that.

Speaking of Florio! http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/26/teo-finally-gets-chance-to-focus-on-football/

Speculating about a player's sexuality. This is a man paid god knows how much to write about professional sports.

midwat
May 6, 2007

superaielman posted:

It's Omar Kelly, possibly the worst writer in sports whose name isn't Florio or Shaughnessy. I'd say it is a pretty solid bet that he believes that.

Speaking of Florio! http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/26/teo-finally-gets-chance-to-focus-on-football/

Speculating about a player's sexuality. This is a man paid god knows how much to write about professional sports.

I will never understand how Florio parlayed dumb speculation and the writing ability of a 7th grader into millions of NBC dollars.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's living my loving dream and I hate him so much for it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Preach to the choir

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The entirety of his popularity came from spewing out news tidbits before anyone else by simply not doing any verification or research.

If only twitter had come about years earlier we'd have been spared.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every lawyers dream is to do something other than law. Add in football...sigh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gwenn Knapp with the latest piece calling NFL executives out for the poo poo they pull with combine recruits:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/42084416/

quote:

Brendon Ayanbadejo, the Baltimore Raven who advocates for gay marriage, appeared on MSNBC's "The Ed Show" on Wednesday night to discuss Kasa's revelation. He told the audience that a gay prospect asked about his sexual orientation should lie to protect his shot at an NFL career.

Later on Twitter, he said: "I feel like I let down my LGBT brothers and sisters on @edshow but yes selfishly I'd tell my @nfl brothers in combine to lie."

Then he tweeted: "Once you have a contract do as you please and what you are comfortable with. Fact of the matter they shouldn't even ask."

Note that he thinks the lying has to happen amid the guys in the suits, not the ones in shoulder pads. The lying has to happen when people are projecting what he will become, not yet seeing -- every day on the job -- who he really is.

And if the question is asked properly, one doesn't have to lie at all. "Do you like girls?" is a euphemism, and it licenses a player to answer earnestly, never playing the questioner's game.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The appropriate answer to "Do you like girls?" is, of course, "No, the only thing I like is football"

Cashout
Apr 22, 2011

Called by many the greatest position coach of all-time, Howard Mudd always inevitably quips, "and that's just for my work in the bedroom!"
"I sit next to them in my Home Economics class all the time."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only correct answer to "do you like girls?" is to proclaim you're a big fan of Ellen DeGeneres.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I have a Pavlovian response to stare at my feet and mumble whenever somebody mentions women

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

"It's not bad but Lena Dunham's narcissism can be a bit much at times. And could Alison Williams do a nude scene now and then?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

"It's not bad but Lena Dunham's narcissism can be a bit much at times. And could Alison Williams do a nude scene now and then?"

Oh, yeah, can I change my answer to this?

Or something about the Equal Rights Amendment.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Rap posted:

The appropriate answer to "Do you like girls?" is, of course, "No, the only thing I like is football"

She ended the column with the response "I like winning", which I think is in the same spirit.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"Not as much as they like me. Ask your wife. Helldump bitch. Next question."

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

ahaha oh man I am biting my posting tongue so hard right now you're lucky i love you ham.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Florio's take on a recent Kaepernick interview where he was plugging Michelle Obama's "Let's Play" initiative:

quote:

While Kaepernick doesn’t have to answer the question, the give-and-take of the interview-for-a-plug game typically entails the person who is being paid by a sponsor to talk providing something more meaningful than talking points prepared for the player by someone else. And it’s just a little odd that Kaepernick would have nothing to say about the reality that, regardless of whether the reported trade goes through, it’s now crystal clear that Smith won’t be on the 49ers in 2013.

Kaepernick's visit to the radio show was likely scheduled well before the Smith trade and was predicated solely on talking about this philanthropic cause. Regardless of this basic fact, Florio:
  • Gets mad that Kaep completely side-stepped all drama with a completely logical answer and only talked about helping kids stay active. Worthless drivel compared to the possibility of hearing one human being verbally poo poo on another, right?
  • Implies that the "Let's Play" plug was just a handy smokescreen that shielded Kaepernick from having to tell the truth.
  • Says its "crystal clear" that Smith is getting traded based on this interview. It was crystal clear months ago, you twat.
This has been your "gently caress Mike Florio" moment for March 1, 2013.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

nrr posted:

ahaha oh man I am biting my posting tongue so hard right now you're lucky i love you ham.

I mean I guess you could ask my wife. Oh wait "It's not 2009, b" - rapper Shad

Anals of History posted:

Florio's take on a recent Kaepernick interview where he was plugging Michelle Obama's "Let's Play" initiative:

Kaepernick's visit to the radio show was likely scheduled well before the Smith trade and was predicated solely on talking about this philanthropic cause. Regardless of this basic fact, Florio:
  • Gets mad that Kaep completely side-stepped all drama with a completely logical answer and only talked about helping kids stay active. Worthless drivel compared to the possibility of hearing one human being verbally poo poo on another, right?
  • Implies that the "Let's Play" plug was just a handy smokescreen that shielded Kaepernick from having to tell the truth.
  • Says its "crystal clear" that Smith is getting traded based on this interview. It was crystal clear months ago, you twat.
  • Absolutely cannot write for poo poo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Oooh wait thought of another one

nrr posted:

You could ask my wife. Especially about the plural part!!!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Rap posted:

• Absolutely cannot write for poo poo

Kinda took that for granted for both Florio and me. Florio's known poo poo, and lists are for the lazy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
e: nevermind

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 1, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've had just about enough of the media giving Kaepernick poo poo for stuff that literally nobody should care about.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've had just about enough of the media giving Kaepernick poo poo for stuff that literally nobody should care about.

It's because of his tattoos

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Rick Reilly piece about him not wanting to contact his birth mother was the worst. Reilly's had a pretty long career of spewing sanctimonious bullshit but that may have been the absolute height of it.

As if what he does with his family is any of your loving business you self-important turd.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Anals of History posted:

It's also funny that the show in question is "Pro Football Talk," presumably based on Florio's own site. So, basically he's just whining that Kaepernick didn't give his corporate partner (subsidiary?) more newsworthy and salacious quotes.

Pathetic.

midwat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 2, 2013

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I have literally nothing going on in my life, yet even I find enough to occupy myself with to not have to worry about bullshit no human being should worry about. Why do people give so much poo poo about what a football man does when he's not on the football field conducting football?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Rap posted:

"Not as much as they like me. Ask my wife. Helldump bitch. Next question."

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sash! posted:

Why do people give so much poo poo about what a football man does when he's not on the football field conducting football?

i'm so sorry

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

holy moly

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You're the best Hawk poster. :allears:

*edit* Damning with faint praise. You're the best NFC West poster.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

lol

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

I'm pretty sure this guy hit every trope a lazy sportswriter could hit all in one column.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-1729.html

On Brett Favre:

quote:

He could have rated even higher on the intangible scale if he were more of a conformist, but being a rebel is part of what made him great.

On Jim Mcmahon:

quote:

He often didn’t work as hard as he should have and was difficult to coach, but he overcame it because he had so much football intelligence. His offensive teammates would have marched through hell for him.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

rack em

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/03/04/cant-do-attitude/?module=HP11_content_stream

Cowboy fans, do yourself a favor and don't read the part about Romo

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
That article is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Holy poo poo

• Locked thread