Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

I encountered a glitch in Skyrim Dawnguard where the moth priest flips out on everyone in the Dawnguard fortress for no particular reason, and in turn gets retaliated on by everyone.

While he's getting hacked to pieces I'm still able to talk to him and one of the dialogue options is "how have my companions been treating you?"

His response as a mace crashes into his skull: "It's not exactly the hospitality I'm used to..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So the same guys who made the other earlier WWE 13 glitch videos made another, and this one is way more glitchy than those last ones. Here it is

The entire game just sort of... falls apart. How this thing got released is beyond me.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was watching a friend play WWE 13 once and maybe 10 minutes into playing it the first time during the commentary it all of a sudden went "TEMPORARY PLACE HOLDER" in a super robotic and female voice. I laughed for about 10 minutes straight afterwards.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EGSunBro posted:

So the same guys who made the other earlier WWE 13 glitch videos made another, and this one is way more glitchy than those last ones. Here it is

The entire game just sort of... falls apart. How this thing got released is beyond me.

This is hilarious and the stuff of nightmares at the same time.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

EGSunBro posted:

I don't know about the game in general, but the players do mention that the movesets they're using are specifically glitchy movesets. It's still loving hilarious. I've never seen a game poo poo itself so quickly.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

EGSunBro posted:

THQuality. The world lost a great source of comedy when they shut down. :(

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cuchulain posted:

THQuality. The world lost a great source of comedy when they shut down. :(

Good thing Take-Two is using the same developer to continue the franchise! WWE '14 is gonna be just as crazy and bug-filled.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

miscellaneous14 posted:

An amazing one happened during ChipCheezum and VoidBurger's snarkcookie's stream of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQuu8JaqLM

I'm a litle late on this reply, but that's snarkcookie, not me. I've only done MGS1/TwinSnakes with ChipCheezum. If you wanna get confused about why I'm talking to myself all the time, check out my Shattered Memories Let's Play, because that has both me and snarkcookie in it.

I've never even played Dead Island and we don't even sound alike... :( I don't know why I keep getting the credit for things snarkcookie has done!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

EGSunBro posted:

Both of the glitch videos from these guys cause me to bust into tears of laughter, and I've had to pause the videos multiple times. I love glitches, but WWE ones are the absolute best.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

VoidBurger posted:

I'm a litle late on this reply, but that's snarkcookie, not me. I've only done MGS1/TwinSnakes with ChipCheezum. If you wanna get confused about why I'm talking to myself all the time, check out my Shattered Memories Let's Play, because that has both me and snarkcookie in it.

I've never even played Dead Island and we don't even sound alike... :( I don't know why I keep getting the credit for things snarkcookie has done!

I got it confused since you did so many videos with Chip already. :shobon: I've fixed it now.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I got it confused since you did so many videos with Chip already. :shobon: I've fixed it now.

Thanks for fixing it! Snark getting mistaken for me (and vice versa) is kind of a chronic problem... and I hate getting credit for things other people have done. :sigh:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
From Far Cry 3, a video of what happens when a body gets stuck in a car seat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rwN3ITBudo

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

betheseda.gif

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Seshoho Cian posted:

betheseda.gif

Just another day in Skyrim, with the elusive flying mammoth:

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Brother Jonathan posted:

From Far Cry 3, a video of what happens when a body gets stuck in a car seat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rwN3ITBudo

This is kind of horrifying

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Christoph posted:

This is kind of horrifying

Yeah I know it's supposed to be funny but holy poo poo. :stare:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah I know it's supposed to be funny but holy poo poo. :stare:

Apparently I've become completely immune to video game gore over the years.

The funniest parts for me are first, when the player hopped into the car to drive it, and the "passenger" kept spraying blood everywhere, making driving too difficult; and second, when the body just popped out of the window just as the people said, "Whoa!"

And wAYmOBY has made some more Skate 3 glitch videos in the past month:

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

Kimmalah posted:

Just another day in Skyrim.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

What did he say?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Brother Jonathan posted:

What did he say?

From the webcomic Oglaf.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Speaking of WWE '13, it probably has one of the most hilariously glitchy cameras I've seen in a long time. From this week's VGCW, the camera ends up breaking in hilarious ways. (The first break happens about 8 minutes in, the second at 12:30). Also featured: THQuality AI and flash kicking off a table.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lo and behold, turns out the new Star Trek game is actually nothing but a bunch of glitchy licensed crap!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The 2.0 patch for the latest SimCity adds some very loud trees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv5RCvcu_vU

xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004
recovering suicide victim
In the Sega Genesis version of Shadowrun, if you had a high enough negotiation skill, you could buy body armor, and sell it back to the same guy for more than you bought it for at the crime mall.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

xlanciferionx posted:

In the Sega Genesis version of Shadowrun, if you had a high enough negotiation skill, you could buy body armor, and sell it back to the same guy for more than you bought it for at the crime mall.
You could do this with everything in Fallout 1. Walk into a shop with a single lovely knife, leave with everything but the knife.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Red_Mage posted:

Its not even that, its "what if some NPC brushes a fruit stand and railguns an apple into the Jarl." Morrowind could get away with it because the game used relatively simple npc AI. Even if the whole Radiant AI thing was largely overrated, the jump in script complexity and NPC agency that came with Oblivion basically meant they had to flag everyone involved in the main quest so some dragon didn't jump them while they were walking through the town square and break the threads of your prophecy without you even lifting a finger.

Pretty sure this has been posted before, but since it came up again, back during development of Oblivion the devs would post stories about horrible Radiant AI mishaps. There was some absolutely amazing poo poo. Best was The Hungry Guard. Player completely cleaned out a guard's inventory with pickpocket, then continued on his way. Guard got hungry, but couldn't buy food because he had no money. Eventually he got hungry enough to steal food. He got caught, and the shopkeeper attacked him. Guard kicked the shopkeeper's rear end in spectacular fashion. Now all the shopkeeper's friends jump in, along with all the other guards. Half the guards have bows, and every miss has a pretty good chance of dragging another civilian into the fight. Eventually everyone in town is dead but like two people, a guard chasing a lone civilian that's hauling rear end to the next town over. Guards of that town witness the guard from the first town killing the civilian. The civil war spreads.

Basically half the game world got wiped out because a guard got hungry, and the player never even saw this poo poo happen.

On another occasion, the player dropped some items, including that daedric weapon that makes a clone of whoever you use it on. An NPC drops what he was doing to beeline for that weapon, which he immediately uses on the godly player character. You can pretty much guess how this ended up based on the guard story.

After the third or fourth time the devs posted a story like this they posted a thread with an OP that started out something like "So we've decided to make quest-vital characters invincible."

Bethesda doesn't make games so much as semi-sentient AI constructs with anger issues and ADHD.

VVVV I think that was an early version of Stalker, an attempt to make factions able to dynamically turn on eachother.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:26 on May 12, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That reminds me of a story of a game(I think SWAT 4) where one of the AIs accidentally shot his partner, thought he was his own enemy, and shot himself in the foot until he died.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Zereth posted:

You could do this with everything in Fallout 1. Walk into a shop with a single lovely knife, leave with everything but the knife.

That one works in real life, though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not just games that can have hilarious AI screwups. In one of the first tests of Massive, the battle simulator Weta developed for the LOTR movies, as soon as the two armies got a good look at each other they both spun around and ran for the hills and the battle didnt happen at all.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

haveblue posted:

It's not just games that can have hilarious AI screwups. In one of the first tests of Massive, the battle simulator Weta developed for the LOTR movies, as soon as the two armies got a good look at each other they both spun around and ran for the hills and the battle didnt happen at all.
In reality what happened is that the AI troops relied entirely on vision, and when they didn't see any enemies to fight they legged it. It did look like huge sections of both armies were running for the hills in panic, though.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Pretty sure this has been posted before, but since it came up again, back during development of Oblivion the devs would post stories about horrible Radiant AI mishaps. There was some absolutely amazing poo poo. Best was The Hungry Guard. Player completely cleaned out a guard's inventory with pickpocket, then continued on his way. Guard got hungry, but couldn't buy food because he had no money. Eventually he got hungry enough to steal food. He got caught, and the shopkeeper attacked him. Guard kicked the shopkeeper's rear end in spectacular fashion. Now all the shopkeeper's friends jump in, along with all the other guards. Half the guards have bows, and every miss has a pretty good chance of dragging another civilian into the fight. Eventually everyone in town is dead but like two people, a guard chasing a lone civilian that's hauling rear end to the next town over. Guards of that town witness the guard from the first town killing the civilian. The civil war spreads.

Basically half the game world got wiped out because a guard got hungry, and the player never even saw this poo poo happen.

On another occasion, the player dropped some items, including that daedric weapon that makes a clone of whoever you use it on. An NPC drops what he was doing to beeline for that weapon, which he immediately uses on the godly player character. You can pretty much guess how this ended up based on the guard story.

You can still do stuff like this in Skyrim. I know especially in the city of Riften if you so much as dropped a cabbage near a group of people, everyone would try to claim it and pretty much the entire town would kill each other over it. I also had it happen once when I got caught pickpocketing (which caused the NPC to turn hostile) but since I was sneaking no one saw me, so the guards just killed the hostile NPC. Then for some reason they didn't stop there and just slaughtered everyone in town who was outdoors at the time. :stare:

Also, Bethesda must only do the essential thing for the main quest because there have been plenty of quests in their games that I couldn't finish because something had killed someone vital to progressing or finishing said quest.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I remember a story from an old object-oriented programming book, which I can't find right now. There was a military helicopter simulator that had simulated enemy troops and such, and they were making a version to sell to Australia. So one of the things they decided to add was kangaroos, because a helicopter that spooks a herd of kangaroos can give away its position.

The programmers decided to inherit Kangaroo from Soldier, changing the sprites and increasing their movement speed. When they gave the demo, the programmer flew over a herd of kangaroos, which spooked and hopped behind a hill. As he was talking about how realistic their behavior was, the kangaroos came back out and fired a Stinger missile at the helicopter. Turns out they'd forgotten to remove the weapons from the kangaroos.

I think they kept it in, as an incentive for pilots to avoid kangaroos.

Seshoho Cian posted:

betheseda.gif

It makes me think of a turn-based Skyrim game.

Zemyla has a new favorite as of 16:39 on May 12, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zemyla posted:

I remember a story from an old object-oriented programming book, which I can't find right now. There was a military helicopter simulator that had simulated enemy troops and such, and they were making a version to sell to Australia. So one of the things they decided to add was kangaroos, because a helicopter that spooks a herd of kangaroos can give away its position.

The programmers decided to inherit Kangaroo from Soldier, changing the sprites and increasing their movement speed. When they gave the demo, the programmer flew over a herd of kangaroos, which spooked and hopped behind a hill. As he was talking about how realistic their behavior was, the kangaroos came back out and fired a Stinger missile at the helicopter. Turns out they'd forgotten to remove the weapons from the kangaroos.

Sounds like that could of been the Operation Flashpoint/VBS 1/2 thing.
Dunno though, I have an Australian Military version of VBS and it didn't have kangaroos in it :(

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQiQ1pVlN8

Vinesauce managed to make Sesame Street terrifying.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Seshoho Cian posted:

betheseda.gif

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
As many of you probably know, Dwarf Fortress takes the world simulation to all kinds of extremes and this leads to various unexpected results. Some of my old favorites:

-Warm tropical rain melted the body fat killing everyone outside

-Demons sometimes join human civilization. This can cause human diplomat to be a giant lizard or such. Unfortunately in the early versions all demons were hardcoded to be "building destroyers" and therefore their first priority was to kick down every door in your fortress. After that they peacefully started discussing about business.

-This crazy bug: http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2264

quote:

I was ambushed while traveling on the overworld map. I received the discovery message for finding the lowest underground area, that is, hell. Upon examining my surroundings, I noticed that I was a lavender jade monster peasant, surrounded by three other lavender jade monster peasants. The floors are made of slade, so I am indeed down in the underwold.

The adventurer I was adventuring with is missing in action. I am now a demon for some reason.

quote:

It was dark and I (human adventurer) was out swimming in an ocean with one companion. I saw some ice appear nearby (edge of biome?) and I climbed out of the water onto it and decided to sleep until dawn.

I woke up as a flesh ball at the bottom of a cave.... I couldn't see. (Lack of eyes?)

So I went back to sleep and woke up (seemed nearly instant) as a winged fiend next to a glowing pit. I flew around a bit and went back to sleep.

I then woke up (nearly instant sleep again?) as an emperor penguin on some ice somewhere in the north. There were other penguins around (Peasant? I guess to another penguin that's correct...) and for some reason a forgotten beast.

I tried walking around a bit. Suddenly I and the other penguins became encased in ice.

I didn't care, I was laughing so hard. Best bug ever.

Also hilariously broken throwing:

Kennel has a new favorite as of 01:54 on May 13, 2013

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Friends Are Evil posted:

[video]

I completely lost it at Grover going "YOU'RE DEAD".

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQiQ1pVlN8

:suspense:

Game corruptions are amazing, but holy poo poo. That's incredible.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

:suspense:

Game corruptions are amazing, but holy poo poo. That's incredible.
I think for me, it was Ernie reconfiguring his body into an arrow, like Elmo didn't know where 'underwater' is.
Too bad we didn't get to see The Alphabet Out Of Space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

In Star Wars: Battlefront 2, the AI bots were programmed to jump and roll away from grenades. They could psychically determine if a grenade was near them, and always leap to safety, making the grenades basically worthless against anything but vehicles.

The flip side of the AI always leaping away from grenades was that the AI would always leap from grenades. And the Death Star map just so happened to prominently feature bottomless pits in a highly-contested area. I saw (and made) more than a few bots leap to their deaths because a grenade whizzed harmlessly by them.