Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Anyone playing Ark of the Ages? I guess it's from the XSEED guys or something.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nRoZWFnZXMiXQ..

I'm downloading it now based on a Kotaku recommendation and it looks like it's got some social stuff. I'll check back in once I fire it up.

I bought it, but the combat seems terrible. Scribbling madly on the screen as fast as possible seems the optimum strategy so far? You have a stamina bar but it takes a million hits to drain, and I don't seem to get more critical hits or anything for taking my time and aiming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash
Nov 28, 2007

Rehabilitated Road Bully
:rice:

KominAaa posted:

We just released an updated version of Shufflepuck Cantina for Android devices on the Playstore

It was originally designed for iOS and we haven't done any new presentation video but it runs smoothly too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIiKzdQM8yY

Also it's free and made with Blender.

If you like the game we could use some votes on Greenlight for a Steam Version with a lot more features to be released soon.

Great game. My only gripe > Is it possible to increase the puck speed? The puck doesn't follow my finger across the screen.

Thr game runs fine on my Note 2 btw.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

godzirraRAWR posted:

HTC EVO LTE here on Sprint. This game has all manner of bizarre graphics artifacts, the dialogue between the.. I think they're characters is the same line repeated over and over, and then crashes. Oh the infinite crashes. I'll keep it installed in the hopes of an update, though!
I have similar problems on my EVO 3D. =(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The helicopter scoreboards in shufflepuck cantina are the most irritating thing ever.

Love the game.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I bought Quest Lord on a whim and it is a very basic Dungeon Master for phone annd so far it been really fun. The ombat is straight foreward and it seems to have a variety of items. The only negative is the game is I am lost sometimes even with a map.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lavalevel.questlord

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 2, 2013

illicitporpoises
May 16, 2006

Davedave24 posted:

I bought it, but the combat seems terrible. Scribbling madly on the screen as fast as possible seems the optimum strategy so far? You have a stamina bar but it takes a million hits to drain, and I don't seem to get more critical hits or anything for taking my time and aiming.

Plus it looks like it's basically a freemium game after you pay the $2.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Cakefool posted:

The helicopter scoreboards in shufflepuck cantina are the most irritating thing ever.

Love the game.

Neat game but it took ages just to get to the first game. Maybe find a way to cut out some of the initial crap or make it move faster.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

illicitporpoises posted:

Plus it looks like it's basically a freemium game after you pay the $2.

Obnoxiously so. Please nobody else waste money buying this.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

big mean giraffe posted:

Neat game but it took ages just to get to the first game. Maybe find a way to cut out some of the initial crap or make it move faster.

I don't mind it the first time. Still getting my rear end kicked by the blue dancer :yayclod:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Davedave24 posted:

Obnoxiously so. Please nobody else waste money buying this.

Yup. I'm not sure why kotaku liked it at all, but I intend to send a harshly worded letter.

In other news, I think I like Real Racing 3, like, a lot. I think it's getting such awful press since this is the first "core" game to be so blatantly microtransaction driven . The problem is that core gamers have different expectations about how they want to play their games. If you want to do a couple races and then come back to it later, it should stay free for you. That's totally doable without spending a dime. Core gamers want to blast through content, though.

It's a mobile game. You're not supposed to play it all goddamn day. Besides, there are enough quality games following this model now that we should all have a rotation by now anyway.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

cash posted:

Great game. My only gripe > Is it possible to increase the puck speed? The puck doesn't follow my finger across the screen.

Same here; the thingee lags behind my finger by quite a bit, making the game extremely difficult for the wrong reason. Everything else on it runs great on my Fire, though.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You don't actually need to drag the puck everywhere, tapping will jump it to your finger. I don't get any lag on N7 though.

illicitporpoises
May 16, 2006

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Yup. I'm not sure why kotaku liked it at all, but I intend to send a harshly worded letter.

In other news, I think I like Real Racing 3, like, a lot. I think it's getting such awful press since this is the first "core" game to be so blatantly microtransaction driven . The problem is that core gamers have different expectations about how they want to play their games. If you want to do a couple races and then come back to it later, it should stay free for you. That's totally doable without spending a dime. Core gamers want to blast through content, though.

It's a mobile game. You're not supposed to play it all goddamn day. Besides, there are enough quality games following this model now that we should all have a rotation by now anyway.

So they're playing it wrong?

Keyz
Dec 11, 2007

open your heart

Bleusilences posted:

I bought Quest Lord on a whim and it is a very basic Dungeon Master for phone annd so far it been really fun. The ombat is straight foreward and it seems to have a variety of items. The only negative is the game is I am lost sometimes even with a map.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lavalevel.questlord

Thanks for this, having a blast so far. My only gripe is the lack of a sidestep button, but that will probably get patched in sooner or later.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Recently got Knights of Pen and Paper on my Kindle Fie and holy hell is this fun :3:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

illicitporpoises posted:

So they're playing it wrong?

Yes?

In the time it took to complete one dungeon in Puzzle and Dragons and post this message, the service on my car is complete. No big deal.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
It's nice to have some games you can fritter away a couple of minutes with here and there and a few you can play nonstop for hours if you want to, in my opinion.

illicitporpoises
May 16, 2006

The correct answer was No.

What if there was a cool down period between dungeons in KoPP that you could bypass with a dollar or two?

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I an seriously to the point where anytime I have to stop playing a game because my "energy" or whatever is empty, I'm just uninstalling the game instead. That is such a garbage mechanic.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I felt insta guilty because I just bought some funny money to have more space in DOT from Mobage and I run out of energy. That will teach me!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Davedave24 posted:

I an seriously to the point where anytime I have to stop playing a game because my "energy" or whatever is empty, I'm just uninstalling the game instead. That is such a garbage mechanic.
This is me. I am happy to pay for a game, or to unlock the game after some trial levels, or to remove adverts, or to double my coins, or whatever. All of those things are good mechanics that don't spit in my face as a customer. I work in software dev (not gaming, but still) so I know the effort that goes into a quality product. I love to support developers who put the effort in. I refuse to pay for energy or money. Any games that become unplayable without that kind of purchase get uninstalled.

One of the best games I've played recently, which I actually found thanks to a suggestion in this very thread, is Vector. It has an IAP which removes ads and increases your resources income such that you can reasonably unlock the rest of the game just by 2/3 starring most levels. That's how you do it.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 2, 2013

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Energy was OK in say Battle Cats until the later stages where it takes 1/3rd of your absolutely maximum energy to play a stage.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I uninstalled battle cats the second I saw they had an option to purchase $95 worth of funny money. gently caress that bullshit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Saint Darwin posted:

Energy was OK in say Battle Cats until the later stages where it takes 1/3rd of your absolutely maximum energy to play a stage.

Battle Cats suffers from inflating costs of everything (cats, upgrades, and energy) as you progress. It makes you feel like a god when you go own earlier stages with a single unit but really feels like you're on a treadmill when you're advancing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Spazzle posted:

I uninstalled battle cats the second I saw they had an option to purchase $95 worth of funny money. gently caress that bullshit.

I took my TV back as soon as I saw the cost of optional cable subscription.

The IAP isn't needed a all to enjoy the game, but kudos to you for missing out on fun.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

(crap, wrong thread)

Not sure what it takes to breed a really good horse in the new Kairosoft game. Is there a particular Pedigree that others have had luck with?

Plus I hit of a brick wall until I could win a race that allowed for opening the ranch up. Hard to win much when you can only have a few horses at at time and very few places to train them...

Jet Jaguar fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 2, 2013

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Anyone have tips on KoPP? I'm not sure how beneficial any of the equipment is so I've been spending my money on upgrading the game room instead.

kstatix
Mar 20, 2006

Geektox posted:

Anyone have tips on KoPP? I'm not sure how beneficial any of the equipment is so I've been spending my money on upgrading the game room instead.

Yeah if someone could answer this Id like to know how I should be spending my gold. Also how are you guys leveling your new classes after you unlock them? Unless I'm missing it, you don't seem to gain exp for the player that died and for some reason the mobs like to take him out first. Last night I just repeated some lower level fights that my mage could take out in one or two meteors but it feels really lame and slow.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Midjack posted:

Battle Cats suffers from inflating costs of everything (cats, upgrades, and energy) as you progress. It makes you feel like a god when you go own earlier stages with a single unit but really feels like you're on a treadmill when you're advancing.

I've beaten Battle Cats though. I have all the XP things maxed and I've beaten all stages and I've had it two weeks. I have no cat food cats because I refuse to pay and its basically pointless. Once I gold all stages (halfway done) I will have done everything I can do with the game. Energy required levels just make it take longer.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 3, 2013

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Saint Darwin posted:

I've beaten Battle Cats though. I have all the XP things maxed and I've beaten all stages and I've had it two weeks. I have no cat food cats because I refuse to pay and its basically pointless. Once I gold all stages (halfway done) I will have done everything I can do with the game. Energy required levels just make it take longer.

How do you have no cat food cats when it gives you enough cat food for 2 of them just for logging into the game? :confused:

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

kstatix posted:

Yeah if someone could answer this Id like to know how I should be spending my gold. Also how are you guys leveling your new classes after you unlock them? Unless I'm missing it, you don't seem to gain exp for the player that died and for some reason the mobs like to take him out first. Last night I just repeated some lower level fights that my mage could take out in one or two meteors but it feels really lame and slow.

Feed the new character Greater XP Potions, $100 at the enchanter's. I think 2 or 3 will get you to level 10?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Splizwarf posted:

How do you have no cat food cats when it gives you enough cat food for 2 of them just for logging into the game? :confused:

I used the initial cat food stamp to buy speed boosts to see what they do. I've gotten the second but it's not nearly enough to buy anything, since the cheapest is I think 60 food and I have maybe 30?

If you mean creating an account I don't want to give an app I literally cannot read (it's in Japanese) access to my Facebook because I can't read the permissions its requesting. Call me paranoid.

edit: The app is in English, the Facebook request is in Japanese.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 3, 2013

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a Scrabble app that can be played with multiple players on one device? All I can find is on-line/facebook based Scrabble.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sh.wordfi&hl=en This features hot-seat (at least, it says so in the description), haven't played it though. Looks like it has additional mechanics as well.

illicitporpoises
May 16, 2006

Wordfeud.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Wordfeud doesn't have a hotseat option though iirc?

illicitporpoises
May 16, 2006

Install the free and paid versions and sign in with different accounts.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012

Nova88 posted:

Does anyone know of a Scrabble app that can be played with multiple players on one device? All I can find is on-line/facebook based Scrabble.

Droidwords.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Samopsa posted:

Wordfeud doesn't have a hotseat option though iirc?
Play store page says it does...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Saint Darwin posted:

If you mean creating an account I don't want to give an app I literally cannot read (it's in Japanese) access to my Facebook because I can't read the permissions its requesting. Call me paranoid.

edit: The app is in English, the Facebook request is in Japanese.

I have no idea what this refers to. I'm just talking about the login stamps for playing the game on more than one day.

• Locked thread