Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Why does that guy have Twitter at all if he only ever replies with snide one-liners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but I found an error in the first part of MM4, around the 6:30 mark.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

bpc908 posted:

I've now noticed it's been about 3 years since Game Center CX: Arino No Chousenjou 2 has been released. I wonder if the folks at Bandai-Namco and indieszero have decided to make a GCCX game for the 3DS

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've fantasized about such a thing for a little while now.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

the least weasel posted:

Why does that guy have Twitter at all if he only ever replies with snide one-liners

You're asking this about Twitter?

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
What I'd really love to see is Haggleman 3: Episode 2. Some of those fake games are better than real ones.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
^^^ Would the in-game magazines talk about Haggleman 3: Episode 3 and constantly mention the developers being super quiet about it? :v:

bpc908 posted:

I've now noticed it's been about 3 years since Game Center CX: Arino No Chousenjou 2 has been released. I wonder if the folks at Bandai-Namco and indieszero have decided to make a GCCX game for the 3DS

Fooley posted:

I hope not, only because the 3DS is region locked so I'll never be able to play it.
I still say they should make a compilation of both games along with a few extras and release it on the Wii U and/or 3DS. Given how popular the show has become internationally, an English release shouldn't be too out of the question (although I'm still excited for the fan translated version of RGC2 since zari got on board with that). :shobon:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 2, 2013

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Crotch Bat posted:

You're asking this about Twitter?

Yes, it seems I am. Your post seems to imply something but I don't know what it is.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Grawl posted:

Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but I found an error in the first part of MM4, around the 6:30 mark.

Error in what way? The translation itself is correct, or at least it's suitable for the situation.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Aku posted:

Error in what way? The translation itself is correct, or at least it's suitable for the situation.

First word.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Oh, my bad. I didn't even notice it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Something the episode reminded me of is the show's tendency to announce that Arino's beaten the final boss (with appropriate fanfare) and is now going to see the ending, only wait there's a true final boss. Sometimes they do it more than once. Does anyone know which episode (or episodes) holds the record for most 'no, really, we swear this is the final boss' moments? I know they've gotten a bit silly with the TRUE FINAL REAL ULTIMATE LAST BOSS stuff...

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I'm not sure which one had the most but Donkey Kong Country was definitely my favourite because of the sheer fake-out factor.

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
Just finished part one of MM4.I couldn't help,but have a huge grin on my face when the high school girls showed up all super excited when they saw Arino.

Cudgeon
Dec 31, 2012

the least weasel posted:

Yes, it seems I am. Your post seems to imply something but I don't know what it is.

He probably referenced the fact that the twitter character limit in each message is pretty small, so you're forced to make short answers instead of detailed ones. Because of this limit, he suggested that snide one-liners are the best way to answer questions in twitter, funnily enough in a snide one-liner that answered your question.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I just watched one of the segments with that café and did a little Googling around. It is--or rather was, since it appears to have closed sometime in '10--Coffeehouse Dime near Kamiyacho Station in Tokyo. This blurb mentions its role in Season 9 of GCCX.

Thanks for the reply. That's a shame, it looked like a cool little place.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Sorry for this small off topic post, but it is related to GCCX, I have the model of Arino in nsbmd format and when I view it in the viewer, the crown is tilted to the side of his head when it should be on the top of his head. Can anyone help me fix my model?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Is the Holy/Holly thing an intentional gag or a typo?

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
All caught up on the current deluge, got a mighty laugh at the arcade trip with the guys with how Arino got that going---great episodes all!

I would totally watch hours of Catch Copy across different systems and whatnot...though I guess eventually the Lady's faith in humanity would crater out she'd go over the pile to try and choke everybody's favorite scamp out or smother him with a pillow.

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
Megaman just had his 25th anniversary not too long ago. They are putting this out too

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/02/28/mega-man-usb-buster-on-sale-soon-packed-with-goodies

Figured I'd share it due to the recent translated GCCX release.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

Is the Holy/Holly thing an intentional gag or a typo?

It's an error on my part but it's also a Japanese pun. Her official name is "Holly" but it's an angel.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

November 4, 2003. If you tuned into JOCX-TV you'd see a new show were they send a member of Yoiko out to interview game creators. An hour long show about Taito? That's a program that will never last.

This historic episode is brought to you by zari-gani who leaves all her paper out in the sun for an hour to check for treasure maps.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 569.91 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
Thank you for this one, been looking forward to the first season (well, season 0 more like it) full episodes for a while.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
AAHH! Takeshi no Chousenjo! :toot:

The last three days are pretty much Christmas for me.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

is it just me or is the torrent site down?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I had the tracker time out too, yeah. Eh, local peer discovery still does a little something.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

bpc908 posted:

I think it may just be being hammered considering the relative uptick in traffic it's seeing with all these releases.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
So I'm guessing this'll more or less replace the existing fansub completely? As in, the game challenge has been retranslated or spliced in or whatever? My OCD for file management needs to know!

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

bpc908 posted:

Works fine for me. You can try to stop and start the torrent manually.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

So I'm guessing this'll more or less replace the existing fansub completely? As in, the game challenge has been retranslated or spliced in or whatever? My OCD for file management needs to know!

They never translated the challenge. That was another group.

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

I'm incredibly excited to watch the full first episode! Takeshi no Chousenjou! Thanks!

Since it takes Arino so long to get through the game, how about checking out a 9 minute tool-assisted speedrun of the game? http://youtu.be/eOfQkOuAnWM

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I think it's pretty crazy that the show has been on for ten years and only recently really got popular outside of Japan thanks to you guys at SAGCCX. :)

Also, I forgot to post last night since I was pretty wasted, but the Mega Man 4 episodes were awesome as always. That's one of the MM games I've tried playing a few times, but I never could get very far into it (probably because most people feel it's when the series started to fall after the awesomeness of 2 and 3).

Krioni posted:

Megaman just had his 25th anniversary not too long ago. They are putting this out too

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/02/28/mega-man-usb-buster-on-sale-soon-packed-with-goodies

This would be an awesome deal if Street Fighter X Mega Man and it's soundtrack weren't totally free to begin with. I'm sure the rest of the stuff is pretty neat (especially the art books), but $20 feels a little steep IMO unless the books have a lot of content.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Glad we're finally getting subs of the first season. Cannot wait to get a proper translation of the Pokemon Special

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

bpc908 posted:

Glad we're finally getting subs of the first season. Cannot wait to get a proper translation of the Pokemon Special

They subbed that months ago...

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I wonder if the 2 hour live special of Takeshi No Chosenjou is in the sub que. Zarigani put it up for vote, but never specified if it would be done.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Krioni posted:

A piece I drew is in the Mega Man Tribute artbook :toot: It's got 300 pieces with all kinds of neat interpretations and styles and is well worth the price. The Complete Works books are awesome, too.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 3, 2013

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

zari-gani posted:

A piece I drew is in the Mega Man Tribute artbook :toot: It's got 300 pieces with all kinds of neat interpretations and styles and is well worth the price. The Complete Works books are awesome, too.

Speaking of, I would love to see more artbooks like these for videogames. When a game gets to be a series over 5-10 games, it's really cool to get books on the entire series. Like the Resident Evil Archives, or The Sky (Final Fantasy), or Hyrule Historia. Doesn't have to be a pure artbook, it could have lots of informative content about each games in the series.

Though it's sad, I think usually, companies discard a lot of art after the game is complete. I was severely dissappointed with the amount of Zelda 1/2/LTTP/LA art in Hyrule Historia.

I can understand why they don't do this kind of thing more often, each game probably has a lot of different people working on it and it can be sort of a nightmare to track down the sources to compile a book on a game series that could have 10 games in the series. And who knows how much of the original pen and paper assets could still be around?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

How does it compare to the Street Fighter tribute book? I don't normally buy game art books, but that one was well worth the money

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

zari-gani posted:

God drat it why are you so loving talented?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can anyone explain how the special GCCX verion of Space Invaders came into existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mister Chief posted:

They never translated the challenge. That was another group.

I was asking if this new sub pretty much replaces the old TV Nihon sub that only had the challenge and nothing else, but after watching it I got my answer. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear on my last post. Guess I can scrap the TV Nihon sub now.