Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Here's my awful stinky masturbatory cloacahole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Do your dishes. Now I have to go do mine... :D

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

uglynoodles posted:

Here's my awful stinky masturbatory cloacahole.

(He got pissed at me trying to get him to pose, so threw a tantrum involving rolling on his back and kicking his feet)

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 28, 2013

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's probably the funniest sequence of images I've seen in a while

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

Do your dishes. Now I have to go do mine... :D

Those dishes are done! Those are drying! :D
No goon lair thread entry for me!

Battle Pigeon posted:

Obscenely hilarious cuteness

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Thank you Battle Pigeon. Totally made my morning.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

uglynoodles posted:

Birdception

His look says it all. Don't worry, last one, as it's nearly time to get covered up and bitch into the early hours bedtime for him.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Thank you Battle Pigeon. Totally made my morning.

:D

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Battle Pigeon posted:

His look says it all. Don't worry, last one, as it's nearly time to get covered up and bitch into the early hours bedtime for him.

:D

Looking at that picture makes me just imagine Leonardo DeCaprio shouting "We must get more birds!"

So then I did this:

She seems more confused than anything though.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

What..what is happening? So many birds within pictures of birds within pictures of birds! :psyduck:

Birdception all the way here. WAAAARRRRRKKK

edit: Vvv I like that more.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 1, 2013

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Bash Ironfist posted:

What..what is happening? So many birds within pictures of birds within pictures of birds! :psyduck:

Birdception all the way here. WAAAARRRRRKKK

I'll say! It's like some sort of birdemic in here, with lots of adorable birds within pictures of other adorable birds!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The lighting in my apartment is lovely without a flash but Amadeus had to join the Pyrrhura* pile. The pilehura if you will.

*and pionus and aratinga

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

He kept pecking Ama and Novolo's beaks, looks like somebody is a two timer. :colbert:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I tried to get both birds on one hand but it was a disaster :saddowns:

Lenswork
Mar 27, 2010

DOGPILE

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I think you mean BIRDPILE

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

This is amazing :haw:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I love lorikeets. They are just the prettiest birds.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Ahaha, this is the best page ever. What have I done. :parrot:

I showed Ohtori the new photos from overnight, and he was not impressed. In fact, he actually pinned his eyes and raised his feathers a bit...

...and then proceeded to do exactly the same thing as yesterday.

Steve didn't understand what was going on in the slightest.

Eventually he decided he wasn't getting scratches right now so to hell with this. He took off just after this was taken.

So er good morning/afternoon bird crazies and birds. :v:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Battle Pigeon posted:

Steve didn't understand what was going on in the slightest.

I love that the first/only cockatiel to join the birdpile is at peak :derptiel:. Give that bird some scritches!

And well done Pigeon, because this page of pictures makes me smile like a goofball.

Agent355 posted:

I love lorikeets. They are just the prettiest birds.

One of my Guild Wars 2 characters is named Lorikeet. Whenever I join a random dungeon group there seems to be a 50% chance somebody will either (a) assume I'm Australian or (b) excitedly reminisce about feeding lorikeets at the zoo. It's pretty :3:.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Battle Pigeon posted:

Hello Steve.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

One of my Guild Wars 2 characters is named Lorikeet. Whenever I join a random dungeon group there seems to be a 50% chance somebody will either (a) assume I'm Australian or (b) excitedly reminisce about feeding lorikeets at the zoo. It's pretty :3:.

Last time I did that (at a bird sanctuary thing in Niagara Falls) there was one incredibly stubborn Lorikeet who stayed on my hand after the others had already taken off. He refused to believe I did not have any more nectar to give him, even though he'd licked up every remaining drop in that tiny little cup. So he nipped me. I put him down on a perch and told him, "NO BITE." He at least had the grace to look slightly ashamed. Birds, man.

Amaya
Aug 5, 2006

Paws up!

Pookah posted:

Hello Steve.

I heard there was a bird party around here. Are we invited?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I usually lurk this thread because I don't currently have a bird of my own after mine died a couple of years ago, but I'd just like to say that Birdception has made my day and you're all good folks for making it happen

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Amaya posted:

Yes those wubbly little potatoes are welcome at the weird bird party.

Ohtori's tantrums are inexplicable to me as the bird-sort-of-mummy of a grey; does he just... tumble over and start complaining? Pookie would never do that, she's too secretive, she only plays Peep with me if there is no-one else in the room.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 2, 2013

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

I was going to grab a bird to add to our Birdception pic this morning when I noticed Chiyo is loving building a nest. It is a very poor example of one, but she's still being a dick and a half over leaving it unattended and shows no sign of losing interest in her horny bird project. I think a toy she's had in her cages since she hatched is supposed to be the man in her life. Auuugh.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I love how the cockatiel doesn't give two bird turds about the birds within birds. Exactly what my Maru would do! Pictures coming soon. But she's in bed now.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Pookah posted:

Yes those wubbly little potatoes are welcome at the weird bird party.

Ohtori's tantrums are inexplicable to me as the bird-sort-of-mummy of a grey; does he just... tumble over and start complaining? Pookie would never do that, she's too secretive, she only plays Peep with me if there is no-one else in the room.

Leeloo will do this also if you leave her in her cage when she thinks its time to come out (ie: every time). Once she did this furious slow motion roll from her side to her back and then waved her feet in the air.

She likes to play Escape from New York by crawling into Roo's cage (and liberating the zupreem) until Roo furiously marches in and chases her out. It's a mad dash for the cage door while Roo lunges and cuts her off at any opportunity. I give it two thumbs up.

The woman we got Loo from said that quakers and conures buddy up all the time, and they probably will as well! NOPE.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So it looks like a male parrotlet will be available shortly (as in, today). Gonna talk it over with the Wife to make a final decision about whether or not we really want another bird. Gotta admit, I'm a bit nervous considering how attached we got to Dr. Bird only to have him go WAY before his time.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Pookah posted:

If he's pissed off enough, yes. Often it will start as him putting a foot up to stop us from making him step up, then if we pressure him (because he's trying to eat something he shouldn't, get in the way, etc) he'll lift further and just roll over and start kicking to keep us away. Sometimes he'll just roll over and throw a birdy tantrum straight away. In the photo examples, the first day he kept trying to step down on to the keyboard but I kept getting him to step up again to try to take a non-blurry photo. It didn't take long before he just rolled over to stop being picked up and started kicking and rrrrrrrarking. The second day, I guess he remembered what happened before or something because he pretty much just rolled over and started bitching.

Usually he just bites (never to break the skin, and hardness varies depending on his mood and the atrocity of the crime against him you committed), or hits you with his beak while making little breathy hisses, or does the rapid IH-IH-IH-IH-IH protest noise.

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 2, 2013

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
Ok I honestly thought you put him on his back and said he was tantruming. Thats just 1000000x more hilarious.

My greencheek isnt too socialized.. hes weird... I always tell people Man..be careful with him, he bites. Because hes always done that with family members, though I did notice people who give no fks and make him step up result in a behaved bird. Those who kinda waver- since I warned em, will end up with a beaky Cody. Had 2 completely new people over the other day, warned em and they were like..w/e. I got him on their hand and they were able to pet him and everything. Had him snuggling in the girls hair and just a ham. Wtf bird.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Battle Pigeon posted:

If he's pissed off enough, yes. Often it will start as him putting a foot up to stop us from making him step up, then if we pressure him (because he's trying to eat something he shouldn't, get in the way, etc) he'll lift further and just roll over and start kicking to keep us away. Sometimes he'll just roll over and throw a birdy tantrum straight away. In the photo examples, the first day he kept trying to step down on to the keyboard but I kept getting him to step up again to try to take a non-blurry photo. It didn't take long before he just rolled over to stop being picked up and started kicking and rrrrrrrarking. The second day, I guess he remembered what happened before or something because he pretty much just rolled over and started bitching.

Usually he just bites (never to break the skin, and hardness varies depending on his mood and the atrocity of the crime against him you committed), or hits you with his beak while making little breathy hisses, or does the rapid IH-IH-IH-IH-IH protest noise.
That's brilliant. Do you ever pick him up like a potato in that state, or is that pretty much a guaranteed ding in the webbing between fingers?

Ohtori :3:

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Amaya posted:

Am I too late for Birdception? I saw a derpatiel and thought, hey, I can supersize that.

What am I looking at exactly?

You think this is a game!? (drat bird would not raise his crest without blocking out the whole screen.)

Also he is going through a molt like crazy. Spent probably 45 minutes just picking away at cuticles. Probably going to shower him again tomorrow just to help him out.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That is a gorgeous bird. :3:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Malalol posted:

Ok I honestly thought you put him on his back and said he was tantruming. Thats just 1000000x more hilarious.

It's hard to take him seriously when he's like that, the novelty hasn't worn off yet. I still live in hope of catching it on camera, but that means having a camera on me at all times, and hoping he doesn't instantly hop up to attack it once it's out. There's nothing that's guaranteed to make him react that way either, so I can't just piss him off once FOR THE INTERNET and film it, otherwise I would.

Sponges, the vacuum, socks, and feet will send him into a rage, but a different kind, just the eye pinning/feathers raised/attacking kind. As does his foraging toy when it stops dispensing his seed rations properly, but he can still see them in it. The best thing though is taking him in the shower when he doesn't want one. He climbs up from your hand to your shoulder away from the water, and then very loudly and rapidly starts bitching and squeaking into your ear while biting it and hitting your shoulder with his beak. It's hilarious but due to the nature of the situation a bit difficult to record. :v:

DarkHorse posted:

That's brilliant. Do you ever pick him up like a potato in that state, or is that pretty much a guaranteed ding in the webbing between fingers?

Ohtori :3:

As mentioned, he never breaks the skin-it's fine to pick him up and deal with bites knowing there won't be bleeding. When he's like that he probably will bite, and they might hurt somewhat, but I just laugh at him and poke his belly or feet and wiggle my fingers over him (it makes him go HISS HISS HISS RRRRRRARK and fling his beak and feet around) until he runs out of energy. Or, I grab his beak and rub it until he stops biting and starts enjoying it. :3:

Is this not a conure thing? Or just an Ohtori thing?

E:

Eejit posted:

You think this is a game!? (drat bird would not raise his crest without blocking out the whole screen.)

It's never too late! Thanks for sharing, he's awesome. Molting you say? It must be really satisfying helping to preen a larger bird, and crack their feather casings.

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 2, 2013

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Oh man you guys, parrotlets are the most adorable little guys ever. They are so incredibly adorable, you don't even know.

Unfortunately, moneys are a little tight right now so I'm gonna wait for the next clutch of babies before getting one. So until then, please keep posting adorable bird pictures.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Thank you guys, he is a Good Bird. I do feel a little bad having recently learned that Umbrellas are considered vulnerable on the red list, but I was in 4th grade when we got him so it's not like I could have known or said anything. And now I have a great bird, so I can't complain! Also, I love these pictures recently. I was not quite aware how cute conures are and Pookah's grey is just, I dunno, maniacal-looking. It's awesome.

Battle Pigeon posted:

It's never too late! Thanks for sharing, he's awesome. Molting you say? It must be really satisfying helping to preen a larger bird, and crack their feather casings.

Yesssss, most people will never know the joy of preening 5 inches of feather casing off a U2's crest. He had one today that was basically fully-grown but the cuticle hadn't broken and it was super-satisfying. It's basically like popping bubble wrap to relieve stress, if the bubble wrap laid it's head on your arm, snuggled in, and made contented little noises as a way of saying thanks.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Speaking of bird tantrums, here's what a Sun sounds like when there's a extreme toy battle going on. STUPID BELL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-LToQHemw

Now he's super puffy sitting in his pellet cup enjoying some delicious crunchies. The battle has been won.

Sorry for the silhouetteing, the sun sets behind his cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Eejit posted:

Thank you guys, he is a Good Bird. I do feel a little bad having recently learned that Umbrellas are considered vulnerable on the red list, but I was in 4th grade when we got him so it's not like I could have known or said anything. And now I have a great bird, so I can't complain! Also, I love these pictures recently. I was not quite aware how cute conures are and Pookah's grey is just, I dunno, maniacal-looking. It's awesome.

Yesssss, most people will never know the joy of preening 5 inches of feather casing off a U2's crest. He had one today that was basically fully-grown but the cuticle hadn't broken and it was super-satisfying. It's basically like popping bubble wrap to relieve stress, if the bubble wrap laid it's head on your arm, snuggled in, and made contented little noises as a way of saying thanks.

He's gorgeous and I agree, preening a big feather is just, I don't know, blissful somehow - I think it appeals to our monkeybrain grooming instincts.

And yes, Pookie always looks sort of sinister in photos; she's a lot goofier looking in motion. Her birthday is coming up soon so I just this minute bought her just under $100's worth of toys from http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/ based on the recommendations from this thread, I hope they get here in time for her big day :ohdear: