Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yamato sounds too old, the voice director seems to have forgotten he's supposed to be 17.

On another note, I finally finished the third sector in Strange Journey! Yes, I started this file about two years ago or whenever the game came out, but I was never able to find where that loving demon disappeared to. Lo and behold, it was an invisible door in an invisible path that I never noticed. I even checked maps and still couldn't see it. God drat this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Momomo posted:

Yamato sounds too old, the voice director seems to have forgotten he's supposed to be 17.

This is what I like about it. I get that Yamato was meant to be really young for a leader, but it still fell prey to that stupid Japan thing where everyone is just RIDICULOUSLY young to the point where it gets stupid. I'm hoping that they'll shove that poo poo under the carpet and pretend that he's a bit older.

Also, there is already lots of great shots of Yamato in these promos. I might have to get a Yamato avatar soon...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

And thanks to scatter I can no longer afford to buy new mantras. I loving hate this dungeon.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I hope you can make the doofiest mix-and-match outfits in SMT4 (kinda like this, I guess). :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Surprise surprise, Devil Survivor 2 Break Code (for the 3DS) was just announced alongside the anime pre-screening. Supposed to be out by Summer.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SjiVFnSmWYI#!

Devil Survivor Overclocked EU version.

Released April 5th

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

Surprise surprise, Devil Survivor 2 Break Code (for the 3DS) was just announced alongside the anime pre-screening. Supposed to be out by Summer.

I swear to god if any voice is as annoying as Midori's was this time around, I'm gonna snap, it's gonna be Airi, just watch.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I swear to god if any voice is as annoying as Midori's was this time around, I'm gonna snap, it's gonna be Airi, just watch.

I hope Atlus acknowledges the references and grabs some VAs from NGE. Looking through the cast list, Shinji's VA is Atsuro in DS:OC.

king3vbo
Mar 1, 2013

Weeaboo scumlord

Rinkles posted:

Oh sure, announce a remake right as I buy and start playing the game. loving hell. Then again, because I am a total Fatlus, I will buy it and replay it, because goddamn is DS2 good. :awesomelon:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wonder if more people get their own routes or something.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Looking forward to getting it in oh two-three years time.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Guess I'll wait for the new version since I hadn't actually bought DeSu2 yet.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Terper posted:

Looking forward to getting it in oh two-three years time.

I'm looking forward to most likely not getting it at all since it'll take so long to hit Europe (IF it does) that the 3DS will already be dead.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It'd be pretty funny if the demons were 3D models.

Someone on NeoGAF said that the characters are 3D models during the story scenes. Welp.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 2, 2013

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

TurnipFritter posted:

It'd be pretty funny if the demons were 3D models.

Someone on NeoGAF said that the characters are 3D models during the story scenes. Welp.

Well, that may make the game worth buying again. Then again, I wonder if the artist's...erm...most pronounced stylistic decision would be made better or worse with 3-D models?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Now the terrible art will literally pop off the screen! :shepface:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Snix posted:

Anguished One and Yamato DeSu2:TA videos released.
Okay. I'm just going to get this out of the way. I am NOT going to be able to pay attention to AO in this anime. Because I'm going to be mesmerized by his GIANT EYELASHES. :stare:
Seriously, eyelashes DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! :stare:

Rinkles posted:

Not surprised by this. Well, now that means I can get 2 games for the 3DS when I get enough money to buy it. :smith:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

:10bux: on this as well from me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Dorroile posted:

I'm looking forward to most likely not getting it at all since it'll take so long to hit Europe (IF it does) that the 3DS will already be dead.

It seems doubtful that the 3DS is going to be dead in 2 years time, unless Nintendo takes a drastically different approach to handhelds than they have for the past 9 years.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

AradoBalanga posted:

Okay. I'm just going to get this out of the way. I am NOT going to be able to pay attention to AO in this anime. Because I'm going to be mesmerized by his GIANT EYELASHES. :stare:
Seriously, eyelashes DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! :stare:

I was gonna say his eyelashes looked weird in the game too but woah what the hell. :pwn:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Saigyouji posted:

It seems doubtful that the 3DS is going to be dead in 2 years time, unless Nintendo takes a drastically different approach to handhelds than they have for the past 9 years.

The problem there, is that while it might be in America in 2 years it's probably gonna be another 2 on top of that before Europe even gets considered (see also: Overclocked, which is finally coming out here 4 years after it was released).

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Overclocked's original release was 2011, not 2009.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pollyanna posted:

I was gonna say his eyelashes looked weird in the game too but woah what the hell. :pwn:

If you look really closely, you can see that they're more like scars as opposed to eyelashes. The anime just makes it so much more pronounced that it's really awkward to look at.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking
This is going to be a good year for SMT. I'm looking forward to replaying Soul Hackers in April, and I think I'll just bite the bullet and pick up the JP version of SMTIV when it comes out. Not sure I can wait for that.

I'm a little sad that Kaneko has pretty much disappeared. I'm off two minds about the sentai villain monster designs in SMTIV.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For anyone curious about Break Code, apparently we'll get our first real look at it in the March 28th issue of Weekly Famitsu. There will be new story content and characters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playable Jungo, make it happen, Atlus.

The cat

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm betting on them letting you recruit the detective guy.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

For anyone curious about Break Code, apparently we'll get our first real look at it in the March 28th issue of Weekly Famitsu. There will be new story content and characters.

So from what I've been hearing, the epilogues in DS:O are either not necessary or actively detrimental to the plot, and P4G has a character more terrible than the other P4 characters, right? And then considering stuff like The Answer...

What I'm saying is that i'm actually kind of nervous about this because i know they're going to mess things up. When it comes to Atlus, new content is usually not a good thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dorroile posted:

So from what I've been hearing, the epilogues in DS:O are either not necessary or actively detrimental to the plot, and P4G has a character more terrible than the other P4 characters, right? And then considering stuff like The Answer...

What I'm saying is that i'm actually kind of nervous about this because i know they're going to mess things up. When it comes to Atlus, new content is usually not a good thing.

On the other hand the FemMC in P3P was arguably better than the male MC and the Maniacs version of Nocturne (which is the one we got in the US) was a flat improvement aside from maybe Matador being a bit of a roadblock.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Naoya's 8th day is not detrimental or unnecessary, and his is the only route that matters.:colbert:

The others totally are kinda dumb though, which is a shame.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 2, 2013

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dorroile posted:

The new content in P4 was actually unanimously pretty great. Even Marie, though she could have been executed better probably.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I can't even imagine how the narrative in Nocturne even comes together without the Amala Labyrinth, the Fiends, and Lucifer. All that added content was like half the fun, too!

Jesus, I just called Amala fun. What have you done to me Atlus? :shepface:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but Raidou Kuzunoha 1 is currently going for less than $30 (not including shipping) on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Megami-Tensei...=devil+summoner

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dorroile posted:

That depends entirely on the person playing. I didn't think Marie was that bad at all. Some people went into the game thinking she would be the worst thing ever and didn't even leave themselves open for any other thoughts.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Dorroile posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, the remakes are without exception the definitive versions of their respective game series. When was the last time anyone suggested that a newcomer play vanilla Persona 3, or would recommend Persona 4 over Persona 4 Golden, all else being equal? As someone who never got around to playing DS2, I'm looking forward to seeing what they feel is worth changing about the original.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

If you look really closely, you can see that they're more like scars as opposed to eyelashes. The anime just makes it so much more pronounced that it's really awkward to look at.

Huh. I guess you're right. Although...that'd be something I'd tone down in the anime, not slap about 1000 neon signs on them and have all of the signs say "LookatmeLookatmeLookatmeLookatmeLookatme!", which is what they went for. Still, it's minor...but jarring. Still waiting on hearing how Kotaru Nakagawa's music will sound. And how many mariachi bands he'll bring for the ride.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Playable Jungo, make it happen, Atlus.

The cat
This goon speaks great words of wisdom. :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ugh, why can't Atlus do something GOOD for once like port Nocturne to the Vita. Don't they have any RESPECT for their customers?

Just kidding. Though I still really hate Devil Survivor. And I do want Nocturne Portable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I really would be all over a Nocturne remake, though. I love it, but it's... very dated. Hell, take a couple days to backport a bunch of the interface stuff from newer Megatens and you've already made it a must-buy. Toss in some of the redesigns for demons with really boring old looks like Loki for extra points, but that's not even necessary.

EDIT: Rewrite the Reasons so they aren't all objectively awful, too, and you've perhaps made the perfect Megaten game.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 3, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

And I do want Nocturne Portable.

I don't want to see 20 ports of PS2 SMT games, if they want to port old stuff fine, but I was already annoyed with P3P and P4G even if they did turn out really good. Thankfully we're getting a lot of new stuff soon.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Port DemiKids, hook 'em when they're young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Yeah, I feel like we've been getting a lot more remakes/ports than actual original games lately. Some of those have been pretty good but overall I'd still prefer something new. SMT4 can't come soon enough.