Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

I like it when Joe does the "apathetic jaded hipster" voice hes basically doing Ari's voice, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
It was cool when that Dan Carlin guy was talking about how the internet was a powerful tool for communication and organization and Joe barged in mid sentence talking about how the internet was going to allow people to read each other's minds soon.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Pan's Labernith, directed by Guermo del Toro

And then Bryan says: "Best movie in the wrold"

Edit: is it just me or does Rogan's Boston Accent come out in spades on the dana white episode?

This happens. I was born and raised in Philly, and moved across the country with my wife, and she shoots me these :stare: looks when I get on the phone with my family back home, haha. You just.. slip back into it.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Jerome Louis posted:

It was cool when that Dan Carlin guy was talking about how the internet was a powerful tool for communication and organization and Joe barged in mid sentence talking about how the internet was going to allow people to read each other's minds soon.

Joe Rogan: Visionary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21604005

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Xguard86 posted:

Joe Rogan: Visionary

I think I unironically thought this at some point, but I've become so jaded that I'm honestly unsure. Can you even imagine?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think I unironically thought this at some point, but I've become so jaded that I'm honestly unsure. Can you even imagine?

{the thought of every single person who didn't really know who Joe Rogan was and listened to 40+ JRE episodes in two weeks}

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

goldblums eyes posted:

{the thought of every single person who didn't really know who Joe Rogan was and listened to 40+ JRE episodes in two weeks}

Count me as one of those people.

Edit: and also didn't get why people found Redban annoying

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ZeroDays posted:

Edit: and also didn't get why people found Redban annoying

Because he was. He really really was.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

mcvey posted:

Because he was. He really really was.

Was? Did he die or something?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

Was? Did he die or something?

Wasn't he in an apartment that was pumping carbon dioxide into his bedroom for about 6 months?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

toggle posted:

Wasn't he in an apartment that was pumping carbon dioxide into his bedroom for about 6 months?

Unless whatever was pumping it found an extra bond from somewhere, that doesn't sound too dangerous.

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.
Hey, I have a question, probably Joe mentioned this already but I haven't listened to every episode. I remembered that I used to watch this werewolf tv series when I was a kid in the late 80s, so I just searched it on Google and turns out the guy hunting the werewolf is named alamo Joe Rogan (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092480/) and Joe Rogan (from the podcast)loves werewolfs!! Is Joe Rogan his real name? or did he took his artistic name after a werewolf hunter?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
You should point that out to him on Twitter. His mind will explode!

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.

wolfbiker posted:

You should point that out to him on Twitter. His mind will explode!

I don't have twitter, but somebody else in this thread should do it

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Arnie_SS posted:

Hey, I have a question, probably Joe mentioned this already but I haven't listened to every episode. I remembered that I used to watch this werewolf tv series when I was a kid in the late 80s, so I just searched it on Google and turns out the guy hunting the werewolf is named alamo Joe Rogan (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092480/) and Joe Rogan (from the podcast)loves werewolfs!! Is Joe Rogan his real name? or did he took his artistic name after a werewolf hunter?

Joe Rogan is his real name.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I tweeted at him but he's probably too busy looking for whatever Bigfoot is hiding in his bushes to care.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Has anybody listened to Ari's interview of Greg Jackson yet? I had no idea these two guys knew each other.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Has anybody listened to Ari's interview of Greg Jackson yet? I had no idea these two guys knew each other.

Ari ends up going to a lot of UFC events since he usually opens for Rogan, so it's not surprising he knows a lot of people in MMA. He's done podcasts with at least 2 or 3 other fighters I think. Dana also does 1 or 2 video blogs for upcoming events, and in one of them you can see Ari chilling at the arena before it's started.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Eddie Huang's story about TED was definitely the highlight of the podcast. Hopefully he writes a blog or article giving more details, and maybe encourage other TED attendees to chime in on the behind the scenes stuff.

widunder
May 2, 2002
a visionary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btf5RMYTG5M

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

This video rules and the best part about is that you just know there are dudes that do basically everything Joe carries on about.

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.

-Atom- posted:

This video rules and the best part about is that you just know there are dudes that do basically everything Joe carries on about.

I was pretty embarrassed and laughing my rear end off because I've tried a bunch of this stuff. The coffee is legitimately awesome though.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

This is pretty much perfect.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

That's great. Was waiting for some primate/killer bee honey/hemp facts though.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

That was brilliant. I haven't been listening for the past couple months, just not as much headphones time on my hands. Any good ones lately?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Much better than expected. The 'professors just spout their political beliefs then put on a movie' made me chuckle.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

e: drunk posting

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 6, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

JamMaster Flash posted:

That was brilliant. I haven't been listening for the past couple months, just not as much headphones time on my hands. Any good ones lately?

Eddie Huang is a really interesting person (read his book, it's really good).

Also, the crazy alien person who says he can summon aliens with the power of thought is a smug prick. Best part of the podcast was every time he got a "how dare you ask me that question" tone in his voice when Joe innocently asked him to explain any of the poo poo he was talking about and every time he backpedaled when Joe said that he would personally like to see some poo poo that the guy claimed to exist like the whole "summon aliens with coherent thought" poo poo

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 6, 2013

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I Fought The Mom posted:

Also, the crazy alien person who says he can summon aliens with the power of thought is a smug prick. Best part of the podcast was every time he got a "how dare you ask me that question" tone in his voice when Joe innocently asked him to explain any of the poo poo he was talking about and every time he backpedaled when Joe said that he would personally like to see some poo poo that the guy claimed to exist like the whole "summon aliens with coherent thought" poo poo

That wasn't the latest one was it? I was kind of looking forward to that because the disclosure videos are kind of interesting. :(

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

JamMaster Flash posted:

every asian guest in the last two months

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.

Demie posted:

every asian guest in the last two months

Do they talk about simulation theory?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

JamMaster Flash posted:

The answer is always every Duncan episode.

Varicelli
Jan 24, 2009
the answer is every episode

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Varicelli posted:

the answer is every episode

... That's hilarious.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

"After dinner I'm gonna gently caress my flesh light and get a solid eight" has been stuck in my head and making me crack up all day.

Varicelli
Jan 24, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

... That's hilarious.

thanks g

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't been listening to the Duncan Trussel Family Hour very regularly anymore, but the new episode is with Pendleton Ward and Jesse Moynihan of Adventure Time. Haven't listened to it yet but I thought it was interesting and I've got it downloaded and ready to listen to later today.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I say it like every post I make ITT but if you aren't listening to every DTFH you are making a mistake in your life.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

David Lee Roth was a great guest. A good example of someone with wit, charisma and lots of stories to tell. I didn't know who he was so had no expectations whatsoever. Actually, that's the key to a good podcast; me not having any expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

AUTOTUNED TOILET posted:

I say it like every post I make ITT but if you aren't listening to every DTFH you are making a mistake in your life.

This is true. Truth, it is truth. A truthful post.