Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Seems like the game is available in Australia. If so, I'll be picking it up shortly.'

EDIT: Yeah, EBgames broke street-date.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I'm so looking forward to the release I got the Tomb Raider anniversary demo just to see what it's like and I have to admit I really enjoy it. It didn't feel like an outdated game with a new coat of paint, the mechanics and game play have been improved and the ability to control the camera and auto-hang are a god send! Hell even the combat felt tighter. However, I did roll my eyes :rolleyes: noticing that when Lara emerges from water her clothes are a little more see through and her skin glimmers while the camera gives the ability to have a closer look. Oh video game industry don't ever change.
I may have to buy it during a Steam sale, but till then I have a brand new game to play in a few days.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Ihmemies posted:

When will AMD ship the Never Settle codes for this? The release date of the game is already tomorrow and still nothing! I'd actually like to preload the game since my DSL connection isn't the fastest around. :(

That pretty much means they don't have the codes yet, but sure they like to leave things for the last moment.

Uh well I got mine about 3 days ago so maybe check your spam box? I have the "Never Settle RELOADED" code, but I shouldn't think that would make any difference.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

notZaar posted:

Uh well I got mine about 3 days ago so maybe check your spam box? I have the "Never Settle RELOADED" code, but I shouldn't think that would make any difference.

Nothing anywhere, and I'm using gmail. The card I have is also "Never Settle Reloaded" with TR + Bioshock Infinite. At least they provided a support email in case I won't see my keys.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"

Ronnie posted:

I'm so looking forward to the release I got the Tomb Raider anniversary demo just to see what it's like and I have to admit I really enjoy it.

I got Underworld installed while I'm waiting this new one to unlock and I'm really liking it as well. The combat feels a bit strange but that's probably because it's been so long since I've played a game that didn't have cover mechanics built in. The ability to target two enemies at once is pretty cool, and the puzzles are set in very nice looking environments, not bad for a game that came out 4 years ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I quite honestly enjoyed all three of the 'recent' Tomb Raider games, since they were pretty much new-style Prince of Persia but with guns instead of swords. Legend was the first (and one of few) games I've ever bothered playing enough to get all the achievements on.

While I have my hopes for this game, the move towards Uncharted style 50/50 combat/platforming, instead of shooting things being fairly rare, seems a shame.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hel posted:

Now why would one of the pillars be an afterthought? And I'm assuming that the game won't feature realistic platforming where you can't just jump your own height while hanging from a ledge or can't just grab a ledge when falling without ripping out your shoulder and stuff like that. The gruesome stuff might be realistic but i get the feeling that it's not there because of realism.

Well verisimilitude if not realism. Verisimilitude is always better in my eyes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Just got home with my copy. There's some strange cross-promotion stuff included. Sign up for a Square Enix thing to get Hitman guns for multiplayer? Bizzare, but at least they're continuing to build their IP's in that manner aftr Sleeping Dogs' DLC.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever seen a more hideous subtitle UI in a game.

There are twenty three kinds of collectibles in this game.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

Can you dress Lara up as 47 like in Sleeping Dogs?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Sleeping Dogs DLC. Replay New Game+ as Wei Shen :c00lbert:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doctor Doctor posted:

Can you dress Lara up as 47 like in Sleeping Dogs?

You cannot. It's three 'signature weapons' from Hitman that does not include the silverballers or any kind of signature weapon at all. Like I said, not remotely understandable.

Revitalized posted:

Sleeping Dogs DLC. Replay New Game+ as Wei Shen :c00lbert:

Wei Shen was pretty baller, but Lara's kind of got him beat.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If anyone wants to buy it off GMG then GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS works for 20% off.

I'm enthused!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I didn't mind the 'I hate tombs!' line in the trailer, I even smiled at it, but in the game it falls really flat.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

You cannot. It's three 'signature weapons' from Hitman that does not include the silverballers or any kind of signature weapon at all. Like I said, not remotely understandable.

Aw man really? Did you get the Survival Edition? Maybe it's called something different like... "Man-Hitter"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doctor Doctor posted:

Aw man really? Did you get the Survival Edition? Maybe it's called something different like... "Man-Hitter"

Maybe it is the silverballer; the edition I got came with that three signature weapons thing, but the guns did not look like the silverballer at all. I haven't downloaded it yet, though, because, eh, multiplayer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just pulled the trigger on this oh god why do I like collectibles so much.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I just pulled the trigger on this oh god why do I like collectibles so much.

When I said there was twenty three kinds, I may not have been entirely accurate. There may, technically, be more.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dan Didio posted:

When I said there was twenty three kinds, I may not have been entirely accurate. There may, technically, be more.

:saddowns:

Ugh, full circle I guess. Tomb Raider was the first "proper" next generation game I played - may as well find the old girl and be a little more optimistic about her.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It really depends on how you define a collectible, I guess. There's a lot of stuff to find, at least. Each area is pretty dense.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"Stuff" really, I'm quite easy to fulfill in that regard. I think most of my time in Far Cry 3 was spent shuffling around shooting boars and collecting plants/tablets/letters. I'm one of those weird people who given a choice between a pair of hiking boots and a minigun, would quite happily be walking off with the former before the latter had even spun up.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
drat, how long has the Survival Edition been up? I totally missed that when preordering.

Now, to see if Steam Support will allow me to upgrade my preorder..

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If Far Cry 3 kept you busy, then this game probably will. They're different beasts, but there's some overlap in the appeal.

EDIT: Cauterizing your gaping gut-wound with a red-hot arrowhead is pretty good, Lara. But it's no Rambo-style gunpowder suture.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

Go into the Cure screen and make Lara spin until she throws up.

I'm in Aus and I've still got like two hours to go :smith:
VVVVVV

Doctor Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 4, 2013

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Any way to unlock this early on Steam?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lord Yod posted:

Any way to unlock this early on Steam?

Wait two hours, use an Australian VPN.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
Unlocking now in Australia :)

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Unlocking now in Australia :)

I've never preordered anything on steam before. It just said Game is unlocked, yet it still says preloading and not unlocked?

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

Either you're not done downloading it yet or it's still unpacking itself. Also, don't fail those QTE's, not even the first one :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So the death scenes are that bad then? :v:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

So the death scenes are that bad then? :v:

They're pretty gruesome. It starts to thin out after a certain point and doesn't really quite pick back up, but early on that stuff comes thick and fast and doesn't let up. The big issue for me was that the QTEs are those wierd 'wait until the circle closes, then hit the button' thing and I can never time those right off the bat.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

I guess despite everything that's come out I wasn't really expecting to see Lara crushed to death by a boulder five minutes into gameplay . Took me a bit by surprise.

Edit: Yeah when that first QTE came up I had no idea what button I was supposed to be pressing until the last moment and it was too late.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So far as I can tell, the button you need to press for those QTEs is always triangle. (Or whatever the equivalent is on 360/PC)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

KimT posted:

So far as I can tell, the button you need to press for those QTEs is always triangle. (Or whatever the equivalent is on 360/PC)

Yeah. Always.

Almost always.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For real? I'm like 5 hours into the game and I don't remember it being anything other than triangle. There are other QTEs where you have use the analog stick, or press square to keep your grip, but I think the one with the closing circle has always been triangle for me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

KimT posted:

For real? I'm like 5 hours into the game and I don't remember it being anything other than triangle. There are other QTEs where you have use the analog stick, or press square to keep your grip, but I think the one with the closing circle has always been triangle for me.

Oh yeah, the closing circle I think is always triangle aside from maybe one instance. Didn't realize you meant that specifically. You also need circle a couple of times for things.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

So I just got my first look at the collectibles menu. This game ought to keep me busy for a while.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That, Ubsioft, is how you reference Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dan Didio posted:

That, Ubsioft, is how you reference Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness.

This is important: How many references to Alice in Wonderland have been made yet?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

This is important: How many references to Alice in Wonderland have been made yet?

The game opens with a quote from Alice McGee's Bad Day LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does the game lock you off from wandering back and picking up stuff you missed?

• Locked thread