Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

Prophetic post. . .

Fuckin' badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zenzirouj posted:

I only just now noticed it, but what was the 200k stretch goal going to be? Buying the rights to the space jam theme?

Yeah :smith: Someone donate $79,665 right now!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
We got 10% of the way towards buying a superbowl commercial. That's pretty impressive.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
If you're in Brooklyn, there's a hosed up, ugly build available to play somewhere in the city. . . can't say where but I'll give you a hint: Ayodhya. . . use that knowledge wisely. . .

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

RickoniX posted:

Does a 100% barkley run entail killing every monster?

It means getting all four library cards.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Google posted:

No results found for "cyberdwarf fortress"

The internet is incomplete.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Chefboy, grats on having your Barkley win the VGCW champion belt last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMKV5_0YL0

He deserves it.

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 20, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Chef Boyardee posted:

If you're in Brooklyn, there's a hosed up, ugly build available to play somewhere in the city. . . can't say where but I'll give you a hint: Ayodhya. . . use that knowledge wisely. . .

Is that what I paid the extra 5$ for? :(

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Charles Barkley turns 50 today.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Tenasscity posted:

Chefboy, grats on having your Barkley win the VGCW champion belt last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMKV5_0YL0

He deserves it.

Hahaha, what the gently caress am I watching

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

AF posted:

Hahaha, what the gently caress am I watching

A guy makes custom characters in a wrestling game and has AIvsAI matches, and streams them. It's gotten pretty popular. I'm too bored by the actual gameplay to follow it but the idea just kills me.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522887

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
LazerLong is doing some more Barkley streaming in preparation for a run he is doing tomorrow in a marathon. Come check it out and say hi.

Rass P
Nov 23, 2012

by Ralp
hey chef birdee, do you want to kill yourself every time you do PR-speak ("excited by the response," "appreciate your support," "we look forward," tongue in cheekily calling the game ridiculous or silly, etc)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Raspy forgot posted:

"appreciate your support,"

Yeah man, what corporate dronespeak, ugh, how blasé.

Rass P
Nov 23, 2012

by Ralp

SaviourX posted:

Yeah man, what corporate dronespeak, ugh, how blasé.

yeah

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I don't want to kill myself when I tell people how much I appreciate that they've given money to Barkley 2. Right now I'm mostly concerned that people will write the game off because it's not a rehash of Barkley 1. I mean, I'm completely happy with the game, I'm just concerned that because it's not basketball wackiness 24/7, other people won't be.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

I don't want to kill myself when I tell people how much I appreciate that they've given money to Barkley 2. Right now I'm mostly concerned that people will write the game off because it's not a rehash of Barkley 1. I mean, I'm completely happy with the game, I'm just concerned that because it's not basketball wackiness 24/7, other people won't be.

I pledged money to your game because the way you handled comedy in Barkley 1 was great and didn't feel tryhard, and you didn't rely on internet memes. Your sense of humor and delivery were outstanding. I didn't pledge because I'm expecting more of Sir Charles, b-ball, and chaos dunks being mentioned every 10 seconds.

Don't underestimate your audience is what I'm trying to say. I'm not expecting Barkley 1.5 and I would hazard to guess that many other people are smart enough not to either. Relax and make a fun and funny game, that's all I ask.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, there's a good chance that "this isn't Charles Barkley, and where are all the B-Ball jokes?!?" will turn off a handful of people, but those are probably also people who didn't quite get what made the first one so great in the first place. I'm sure you could lean entirely on Space Jam and early 90s NBA references and still get a ton of support, but I'm also sure you don't want your humor to be that lazy.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Barkley 1 wasn't great because of basketball, it was great because the writing was loving stellar. Personally I'm really glad that B2 will be pretty different, because there is a limit to how many Space Jam jokes you can make.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Chef Boyardee posted:

I'm really glad that its not just a rehash because what you got so far looks superior to the original what with the dynamic world and action-RPG gameplay. The new gameplay changes were half of the reason I pledged, the other was that Shut and Up Jam Gaiden 1 was a genuinely funny and satirical game with its own unique sense of humor instead of being monkey-cheese bullshit.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

I'm okay with Barkley 2 being nothing like Barkley 1, and long as Barkley 3 is nothing like Barkley 2. Perhaps Barkley 3 could focus on some other aspect of Barkley 2, just like Barkley 2 focuses on the cyberpunk aspect of Barkley 1. It'd be like a metaphor for growing up and poo poo.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
The dwarfs were the best part of Barkley 1 anyway.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I want to see the next step in the Barkleyverse mythos. Who created the Space Ziggurats? What does Cuchulainn want with the dwarves? Why is negative b-ball energy so inherently destructive? All these; and more.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

The dwarfs were the best part of Barkley 1 anyway.

The greatest tragedy of the inability to use trademarked content is the loss of the Shrekmono.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The dwarf strike part of barkley 1 was always weird for me. I mean, strike up a labor deal, awesome, but I always felt dirty afterwards, something a shrekmono couldn't fix.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I donated knowing full well that I will probably never fight Ghost Dad again. That said, I was willing to make that sacrifice.:911:

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The greatest tragedy of the inability to use trademarked content is the loss of the Shrekmono.

It will just have to be replaced with the inferior Dreckmono.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Chef Boyardee posted:

Barkley 1 got the reputation it did because it was a legitimately well-made, fun, and clever game. Whatever route you take to get there is kind of irrelevant, as long as it arrives at its proper destination.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

A lot of what appealed to people about Barkley 1 is that it broke the conventions of the genre and of video game writing in general while still adhering to good game design.

Barkley 2 going in a different direction is a godsend, because if you merely focus on continuing to break those conventions or on the same tropes, they become conventional unto themselves, and you end up with Family Guy.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Starz just started playing Space Jam. My life is complete.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Do you know when the Cyberdwarf pillows will ship? Also, if they haven't, is there a way to check where they'll be shipping to?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Just FYI Jon Schafer (lead designer on a little game called Civ 5) just had his kickstarter finish and he got 106,000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates

Pretty amazing that Barkley 2 got $14,000 more than the lead dude on such a big budget game.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cicero posted:

Just FYI Jon Schafer (lead designer on a little game called Civ 5) just had his kickstarter finish and he got 106,000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates

Pretty amazing that Barkley 2 got $14,000 more than the lead dude on such a big budget game.

if i had to guess, i'd say that's because barkley owns, and tim schafer is a fag, and the world is just

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A Major Fucker posted:

if i had to guess, i'd say that's because barkley owns, and tim schafer is a fag, and the world is just

Wrong Shafer.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Schwarzwald posted:

Wrong Shafer.

No, pretty sure he knew who he was talking about. Civ 5 is bad. Bye.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

O__O posted:

No, pretty sure he knew who he was talking about. Civ 5 is bad. Bye.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
It's Jon Shafer, dumbasses.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Tim Schafer isn't even involved in the game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

99.2 pounds of Cyberdwarf daki-makura hitting the inferior gaijin post system today. Got a feeling, so complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Somehow the things being nearly 100 freakin pounds escaped me. What the gently caress are you even gonna do with all that junk?