Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Jealous Cow posted:

"CLEAN TITEL" :downs:

Manuel's cousin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

opengl128 posted:

Manuel's cousin

I just actually laughed out loud at this. Not LOL, for reals.

Bravo.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

"CLEAN TITEL" :downs:
325I - M3

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Kenshin posted:

325I - M3

I wasn't even gonna touch that.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Q_res posted:

It was FWD factory, it's just a 2-door Dodge Omni.

:colbert: Hey now, the turbo versions had one of the first multi port EFI setups and pushed 150 HP stock.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, fuel-injected turbo, completely unlike an Omni

:v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah why? My friend did his Probe and it look excellent.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Q_res posted:

Yeah, fuel-injected turbo, completely unlike an Omni

:v:

I'd love a GLH Omni.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Veeb0rg posted:

I'd love a GLHS Omni.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

MATLAB 1988 posted:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3558853801.html

"'72 1800E. rust free body, factory air, 86,000 mi. not currently running, needs a fuel pump. has fuel injection. 4 speed with overdrive. It would make a great vintage racer."

Needs everything, but maybe no body or interior work.

This one's back for sale with 3k more miles, "lots of recent work" and a similar price. The driver's side front panel alignment looks odd, but might be the picture.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3648627927.html

Buy 4 Mitsubishi Starions for the price of 12!

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3618857220.html

"Starion fans I have four of them!!!!!! - $1500 (St louis)
I have four mitsubishi starions all are running but have no titles no time for them $$1500.00 (each) price is firm don't have to sell but two sets of rims have been stolen my loss is your gain these are complete cars"

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Yeah why? My friend did his Probe and it look excellent.

Plasti Dip works relatively well for smaller complex surfaces like wheels and trim parts. It looks like poo poo on larger surfaces. It's not meant to be an alternative to vinyl wrap for larger surfaces.

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho

Sir Cornelius posted:

Plasti Dip works relatively well for smaller complex surfaces like wheels and trim parts. It looks like poo poo on larger surfaces. It's not meant to be an alternative to vinyl wrap for larger surfaces.

Is there a cheap way to do patterns on big surfaces that are removable cheaply? I want to milsec tactical camo out my subaru wagon after it's fixed because it'd be funny but I don't want to spend more than like $200 on it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3641467974.html

Gold?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

yyyyyy posted:

Is there a cheap way to do patterns on big surfaces that are removable cheaply? I want to milsec tactical camo out my subaru wagon after it's fixed because it'd be funny but I don't want to spend more than like $200 on it.

If you want it to be removable, vinyl is really the only option.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

If you wrench well, that's loving indestructible gold. Bet it's a solid d.d. for less than $1K.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

that is a fantastic find! DOEEEEEEEEEET

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The steering column in that Cressida looks amazing.

But yeah, just reupholster the seats and you're good to go. Great 80's car.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Not really gold given the asking price, but goddamn this thing looks incredible:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3644177799.html

Also this could be kinda neat
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3650514371.html
... except for having to figure out the smog.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
A KP61 and a wrecked AE86 Corolla GTS would take you to great places, thats an insane price though. It was pretty antiquated when it came out, they were pretty badly engineered, awful interior quality, and gently caress brown cars forever.

Too nice to modify to the hilt, not good at all stock.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That's the first one I've ever seen advertised in the US that wasn't turned into a (usually rotary powered) drag racer.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Hog Obituary posted:

Not really gold given the asking price, but goddamn this thing looks incredible:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3644177799.html

Holy cow that rear bumper :barf:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That is pretty much the definition of "on the crack pipe" pricing.

Hope that guy is ready to be severely disappointed.

quote:

I have professionally refinished original black parts including front & back wiper arms, window frames and license plate lights housings, due to light fading.

So he "professionaly" spray painted the wiper arms? Must be worth $200 right there :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 4, 2013

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

opengl128 posted:

Holy cow that rear bumper :barf:

Holy poo poo I thought that was a shadow!

DJ Commie posted:

gently caress brown cars forever.
You take that back! :colbert:

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
Real gold, imo. especially in calfornia

:fap: :fap: :fap:

(lots of pics in ad)
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/3609963843.html

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sir Cornelius posted:

Thats too bad, it looks pretty good in the pictures, if you like the flat look.
I cannot find many pictures of gloss, so it is hard to tell.

Content:

I present possibly the least coherent description ever assembled by a native English speaker (I think).

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3641052467.html

Brain Damage posted:

1963 VW running n driving good old car for the ages this car got lots of new part like new running boards new 6 volt battery new gas tank new master cilinder new brakes all round n brake houses new gasket around fender new weather stipend for the back glass n lost other part ...n I just got the car register so the plates r god n clean open tx title ready to new owner ...please don't call if u don't have the money or something interest to trade ok...n please don't e mail wt. U scams ok don't waist u time scamers...go away....the bull poo poo it's old....n more important ask u wife mommy..before ask me ok....more info...call or tex 512 262 805four....thanks for looking my add....

Here is a game: Find three consecutive words that are spelled correctly and have correct punctuation.
Tip: You cannot.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 4, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tai-Pan posted:

Thats too bad, it looks pretty good in the pictures, if you like the flat look.
I cannot find many pictures of gloss, so it is hard to tell.

One of my friends did a flat body and glossy stripes on one of his cars and the gloss looks pretty good.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

DJ Commie posted:

and gently caress brown cars forever.

You are so, so wrong about this.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Billy Tully posted:

You are so, so wrong about this.

How about gently caress lovely 70s/80s economy car brown cars.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

DJ Commie posted:

Ok, just the 80s ones and we can agree.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

DJ Commie posted:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1010_steve_bashfords_1978_amc_pacer_wagon/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

That looks like it was a lot of work to get it to look this nice. Man!

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Welp, found my dream car

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3657105167.html

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Billy Tully posted:

Ok, just the 80s ones and we can agree.

Does Fawn count?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

It had me until I read Chevy Engine.

I do like that they used the OE seat cloth for the racing seats though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Would he be able to make anywhere near the same kind of power with an AMC engine?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Broken timing belt, possible piston, rod, or crank damage, and a destroyed cylinder head? gently caress it, I'm going to ask market price anyway.

"It's a GREAT DEAL!"

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3632201025.html

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

General_Failure posted:

Does Fawn count?

yes, and beige. gently caress beige, and also those metallic colours ford AU used to do, like 'champagne', which was pretty much metallic beige (my first ford was an EA in that colour). Beige, beige brown, metallic beige, beige fawn, they all suck.
Exceptions are to the mazda rx7 metallic brown, for some reason they look good. On that note, metallic greens suck too, except weirdly for the mazda rx2/rx3/rx4.
I've got no idea why. Some cars 'own' a colour, like subarus own metallic blue and that looks bad on most other cars.
Some cars look great in light green, dark green, flouro green, bright blue, but most cars don't. But gently caress brown, beige, beige brown, metallic beige, beige fawn and fawn in general.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 4, 2013

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mighty Horse posted:

It had me until I read Chevy Engine.

Just imagine that GM hadn't dropped their plans of a rotary engine and remember that the GM rotary would have been in that Pacer (and in the Vega, as well).

Or just do what I do and imagine that all the plans for rotaries in cars came to fruition and people would be arguing over which rotary was best.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Fo3 posted:

yes, and beige. gently caress beige, and also those metallic colours ford AU used to do, like 'champagne', which was pretty much metallic beige (my first ford was an EA in that colour). Beige, beige brown, metallic beige, beige fawn, they all suck.
Exceptions are to the mazda rx7 metallic brown, for some reason they look good. On that note, metallic greens suck too, except weirdly for the mazda rx2/rx3/rx4.
I've got no idea why. Some cars 'own' a colour, like subarus own metallic blue and that looks bad on most other cars.
Some cars look great in light green, dark green, flouro green, bright blue, but most cars don't. But gently caress brown, beige, beige brown, metallic beige, beige fawn and fawn in general.

Yeah I know what you mean. the Fairlane is "Mocha Foam". I call it metallic baby poo poo. Inside the engine bay it's the same colour without the metallic finish. It's the sort of colour I'd expect a Datsun 120Y to be. God those things had horrendous colours.

My next acquisition was made in '87 and is "Fawn" in colour according to the motor registry. It kind of works for it better than most.

I actually like them in that colour. Probably the only car I find it permissible. My other choice would have been white both so it matched my VW in colour cues and because it would have made body repairs so much cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

VideoTapir posted:

Would he be able to make anywhere near the same kind of power with an AMC engine?

Likely not, But it would have been a whole lot cooler if he did.....
Then I read further and its an LS7, but he "tossed" the EFI for a carbed setup. :argh: