Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren: I just got a Level 50 PBFG. It's incendiary and I'm going to try and get a shock one with a 5 clip, but I got one now.

I have some of these. I'll throw you a message in a second.

raditts posted:

Did that just gib someone? I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, then again I don't usually use rocket launchers.
Also, do they work like Doom/Doom2 BFGs where it hits everyone in your line of sight when it explodes, or Doom3 BFGs where it's has an area of effect around where it explodes?

Get in with this guy and I'll dupe you one. I'll be back in about 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
^^ any chance I can get in on that biz? gt: arkitekt4k

Also, does anyone have a purple Witch Siren mod that has +6 to the Kinetic Reflection thing?

FistEnergy posted:

If anyone has a level 50 thunderball fists, Harold, kerblaster, hornet, or sheriff badge, I'd love you forever. Axton legendary mod, too. XBL: FistEnergy

I have a fists, and harold if you haven't already gotten them.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 3, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

Also, does anyone have a purple Witch Siren mod that has +6 to the Kinetic Reflection thing?

Give me a sec, things have exploded a bit.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

no worries. I won't be on for another 20 or so.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Thanks Mechwarrior, I appreciate all the help! Sorry things got hairy for a bit...

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

no worries. I won't be on for another 20 or so.

All right I've got everything back under control. What's your gamertag again?

FistEnergy posted:

Thanks Mechwarrior, I appreciate all the help! Sorry things got hairy for a bit...

No problem, I did have a mild panic attack for a second but now I got it all under control.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

All right I've got everything back under control. What's your gamertag again?

arkitekt4k and I'm on now.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
All right here is my hybrid method of getting into the treasure room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj0chQZR8A

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
How's the scaling work on side quests? Are they stuck at when you accept them? I accepted a bunch in Sanctuary after I rejoined it when it flew. After I did Scooter's two quests in the Fridge and leveled a bit all those quests now say they have a difficulty of trivial.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

How's the scaling work on side quests? Are they stuck at when you accept them?

Yes

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

Blue class mods have +6, the best purple mods you can get are +5/+4/+4. Blue ones are easy to come across in the treasure room though, I'll keep an eye out for you.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm playing right now if anyone wants to join me. On my 43 Mechro, but I have a 36 Siren as well. 360 GT: Flexible Ethics.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

FistEnergy posted:

If anyone has a level 50 thunderball fists, Harold, kerblaster, hornet, or sheriff badge, I'd love you forever. Axton legendary mod, too. XBL: FistEnergy

If you haven't gotten all of these, i am pretty sure i have you covered. fists, harold and hornet in binary/double penetrating/twin.

XBL: mirthalac

i should be on later this evening.

KidKrumpus: did you get your crit heartbreaker yet? i can hook you up if you still need it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'd love the Binary Thunderball Fists and Crit Heartbreaker as well if that's cool! GT: kr0jar

I've got a couple legendaries/seraph in case you're looking for anything too.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
New Shift code! 5 keys! Get on this before it's too late, short expiration date!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X [Active through March 4]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Playing now if anyone's bored. 360: Flexible Ethics

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Anyone tried the Rough Rider on Salvadore with Hammerlock's Rex? I'm picturing some kind of Huckleberry/Divergent Likeness build with 2 Rexes and maxed out ROF skills. Maybe a mod to increase Huckleberry/ROF even more. Steady as She Goes would also be nice I think.

It's probably not as awesome as I think :(

The Duke fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 3, 2013

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Scaling is stuck when I accept quests, so I can't just accept a bunch and do them when I reach the areas they're in, like in every other game. I suppose there's no manual reset so I should just leave them until TVHM?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Count Chocula posted:

Scaling is stuck when I accept quests, so I can't just accept a bunch and do them when I reach the areas they're in, like in every other game. I suppose there's no manual reset so I should just leave them until TVHM?

Quests don't scale until you get to TVHM anyway, and TVHM is a fully restarted NG+.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Neo Helbeast posted:

All right here is my hybrid method of getting into the treasure room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj0chQZR8A
Here, try this! I made/posted it a while back, but this method eliminates the whole "jump up and down until you get caught on the invisible edge" bit.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 3, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And now I start quest grinding for the best Love Thumper I can stand to farm. :suicide:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I've heard that if I'm not hosting for the completion of the final mission, that 2.5 just won't happen for me. Anyone experienced that happening?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Abiggoat posted:

I've heard that if I'm not hosting for the completion of the final mission, that 2.5 just won't happen for me. Anyone experienced that happening?

Probably not, I don't think any of the quests (story quests, at least) count toward your story progress if you're not the host.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

raditts posted:

Probably not, I don't think any of the quests (story quests, at least) count toward your story progress if you're not the host.

I've also read about people having problems with this though, so I would check it out further or do the endgame yourself just to be sure.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So is there a surefire trick to getting Omnd Omnd Ohk to spawn or is it based on luck like Vermivorous?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Fibby Boy posted:

So is there a surefire trick to getting Omnd Omnd Ohk to spawn or is it based on luck like Vermivorous?

Luck. A friend and I tried for about four hours to get him to spawn with no luck. Annoying, too, as that is the only thing I have yet to encounter in this game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

Luck. A friend and I tried for about four hours to get him to spawn with no luck. Annoying, too, as that is the only thing I have yet to encounter in this game.

That what I thought. Really want the shotgun he drops but I'm ready to give up altogether on him.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

I just looked Omnd Omnd Ohk up. Is anyone else bothered by the Savages with their giant tribal masks,spears and Witch Doctors?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Count Chocula posted:

I just looked Omnd Omnd Ohk up. Is anyone else bothered by the Savages with their giant tribal masks,spears and Witch Doctors?

Yeah, I really don't get the whole "Tiny Tina is racist" argument from that moron on twitter when there's a pretty clear bigger issue at hand with stuff like "Savage Bloody Savage" in this game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Speedboat Jones posted:

Yeah, I really don't get the whole "Tiny Tina is racist" argument from that moron on twitter when there's a pretty clear bigger issue at hand with stuff like "Savage Bloody Savage" in this game.

This is a can of worms but his point was that the use of ebonics when played for laughs and not in homage is racially insensitive and not as well researched as it could have been, using the word "badonkadonk" in the Year of our Lord 2012, which is a valid point to make unless you're a Kotaku commenter, apparently.

I got the same feeling as Count Chocula when I played the DLC, though, since aside from the mohawk girls in town these were the only people of color in the game outside of Motor Mama and the one Vault Hunter who gets kidnapped twice and then killed without really doing anything cool on-camera.. It doesn't detract from the game being fun but it is also something worth questioning.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

New Shift code! 5 keys! Get on this before it's too late, short expiration date!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X [Active through March 4]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

Last day for these! Just in case someone missed 'em!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 4, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Huge thanks to Father Wendigo and Jhonthedarkside for helping Goat and I power through almost all of the last part of the game last night!!

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

10 Beers posted:

Huge thanks to Father Wendigo and Jhonthedarkside for helping Goat and I power through almost all of the last part of the game last night!!

I'm jhonthedarkside and I'll be on later if you want to keep going.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Reiley posted:

This is a can of worms but his point was that the use of ebonics when played for laughs and not in homage is racially insensitive and not as well researched as it could have been, using the word "badonkadonk" in the Year of our Lord 2012, which is a valid point to make unless you're a Kotaku commenter, apparently.

As a Genuine BlackTM, I have to say that all of that is a pretty loving stupid point to make, but if that's a hill he wants to die on then I guess he's free to do so. How the gently caress do you use ebonics "in homage"?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

jebrown84 posted:

I'm jhonthedarkside and I'll be on later if you want to keep going.

Sweet! I'll be on to play around 5pm EST, most likely.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Reiley posted:

What about Hammerlock who is a walking British stereotype? or Scooter and his clan, the Hillbillies, accents and all.
Bottom line is, the game's full of things like this, focusing on one while overlooking the rest makes you look rather stupid.

EDIT: For the record, I have no problems with anything in this game, speech and mannerisms of people included.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 4, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
:can:

I always thought that Tina was supposed to be poking fun at teenagers who pick up slang from MTV and such; I know I've met a few like that IRL.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

:can:

I always thought that Tina was supposed to be poking fun at teenagers who pick up slang from MTV and such; I know I've met a few like that IRL.

Anthony Burch (the lead writer) said on twitter that Tina is supposed to be a mish-mash of people he knows in real life.

I can see that justification of her vocabulary speech patterns if you looks at it in the context of her having to basically raise herself on a hostile planet like Pandora and probably learning language from TV (ECHOcasts) like Wreck-Gar and the Junkions. That would make sense for her character. The problem is that all of that was created by a real, non-fictional human being here in the real world on Earth. I'm not agreeing that she's a racist character. That's not my call to make. However some of the things she says rub me the wrong way.

Having said that, I think Tina is a funny character sometimes. Her general demeanor and instantaneous mood swings are a lot more entertaining to me than the words she says and the things she does. I really, REALLY hated the Flesh-Stick torture defense quest* and now that I have a level 50 Teapot I will never do it again. However if her character gets changed in the future I think it'll be fine. Anthony Burch is a great writer and I think he'll be able to keep her funny crazy violent personality while getting rid of some of her speech patterns that people have objected to.

*I'm OK with killing fictional people if they're charging at me with guns blazing and the intent to kill me, but nobody deserves to be strapped to a chair and be tortured while completely helpless, no matter what crimes they've committed. IMHO.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

I really, REALLY hated the Flesh-Stick torture defense quest*

Yeah, christ, If you're gonna be upset about something, shouldn't it be child-torturer-defense quests?!

Edit: Faulty logic, it's possible to be upset about to both.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

raditts posted:

As a Genuine BlackTM, I have to say that all of that is a pretty loving stupid point to make, but if that's a hill he wants to die on then I guess he's free to do so. How the gently caress do you use ebonics "in homage"?

I don't know if "homage" is the right word for it but I also don't know the opposite word for "spoken dialect chosen because gosh doesn't this group talk funny" might be. The guy didn't say that Tina herself was a racist character, just that the inclusion of ebonic slang alongside crazytalk because it sounds silly was a racially insensitive portrayal. I don't mean to re-hash that whole night of Twitter in this thread, I just feel like it's a little goony to call the guy a moron for having the audacity to talk to a writer as a writer about writing.

Judge Tesla posted:

What about Hammerlock who is a walking British stereotype? or Scooter and his clan, the Hillbillies, accents and all.
Bottom line is, the game's full of things like this, focusing on one while overlooking the rest makes you look rather stupid.

EDIT: For the record, I have no problems with anything in this game, speech and mannerisms of people included.

Hammerlock's Britishness isn't really the same thing as Tina's ebonic slang because the British aren't a social minority so that sort of parody doesn't have the same connotations as something like Tina in the broader spectrum of ethnic voices or whatever. I remember the night that Kotaku thing blew up and the guy was answering hatemail from literally hundreds of people, someone asked him about Scooter and he said that the whole inbred hillbilly thing was a pretty classist portrayal of rural folk but Anthony Burch didn't create Scooter and he was working with what was already laid out so it isn't fair to pin that on him. The two actually had a productive discussion inside a shitstorm of gamers yelling "well I don't see a problem with it, maybe it's you who is the real racist" which is sort of an overlooked part of The Tina Thing From Kotaku.

• Locked thread