Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Jeek posted:

The fire door is probably not automatic and was used by the culprit to shut off Souda's route to the breaker.

The fire doors separate the kitchen and the storage room from the rest of the house, so even with then closed Souda would be able to reach the breaker.

IceBorg fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

whitehelm posted:

Togami only scarfed the food that was on the skewers so he could confiscate them, and we have an evidence bullet about the large chunk of meat saying that only Owari and Pekoyama ate it. We also haven't talked to Owari since the start of the investigation, so we don't know that she wasn't affected.

It does take a greater volume of poison to affect someone with greater body mass. I'm not sure which way I lean, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the food had been poisoned and Togami just wound up getting knifed before it could really work its way into his system.

I guess we'll know one way or the other once we see what Owari's been up to.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Poison doesn't have to mean something like deadly arsenic or whatever people are thinking. If all you want to do is give someone intestinal upset, there's a bunch of medications or chemicals to do the job. Laxatives, dish soap, a dead rotting fish from the beach, whatever. Mix it in with something very flavorful and people likely won't notice.

I'm waiting to see if anyone else has problems, though. Two is coincidence but three can be conspiracy.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

IceBorg posted:

The fire doors separate the kitchen and the storage room from the rest of the house, so even with then closed Souda would be able to reach the breaker.

Thank you!!! I was wondering how the hell that drat door was actually supposed to operate...

Honestly, I still think Peko's a red herring here. The bathroom's all the way to the left of the ballroom, opposite the kitchen and the store room where the bloody table cloth was stashed. Before the power outage, Peko couldn't sneak out of the office (or bathroom) without being spotted by Hanamura (who's going in and out of the kitchen) or Nekomaru (who really needs to take a poo poo.) Even assuming that she could get under the floor from the bathroom to get to the ballroom, Peko would have to-- at least once-- move across the hall. Either to (somehow) come out from underneath the floor in the storeroom, dump the sheets into the basket, and run back towards the office, or emerge from her bathroom hidey-hole, haul rear end over to the store room, dump the goods and come back to the hall. The latter is really absurd because the cover of darkness simply cannot last long enough for her to accomplish it... and NOBODY is stupid enough to be running down the hall with an armful of bloody fabric with the loving lights turned back on.

There's just too many places she needs to be in too short of a time in order for her to be the killer, on top of there are at least two witnesses who would be in or around the hall at intervals and would notice her before or after the lights come back on. Souda and or Hanamura would have noticed her after the lights came back on.

Killer's gotta be Hanamura. He's been moving in/out of the kitchen all day, and DURING the party. The kitchen/storage room can be sealed off by the fire door and he's got the easiest access to places to dump evidence. Yes, there's still no evidence bullet saying how he got under the floor, but seriously, he's been in the best position to accomplish any of this.

SOL_Cambot
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, I don't think Peko's our killer. She already has a pretty good reason for feeling guilty, since leaving her post, probably to use the bathroom, contributed to someone getting killed. Since she's the serious type I imagine she'd take that pretty hard and view it as a big personal failing. That would be enough to explain all her strange behavior

SOL_Cambot fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 4, 2013

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
On another note, I'm hoping we get proper red herring evidence bullets in the game eventually. From what I remember, DR1 didn't have any that were outright misleading, did it? So far the bullets in this case seem legit enough except maybe the fanservice scene and the fire doors, but I suppose those can be worked in somehow.

Nefarious Asparagus
Aug 7, 2009

Indubitably, old bean.

tiistai posted:

On another note, I'm hoping we get proper red herring evidence bullets in the game eventually. From what I remember, DR1 didn't have any that were outright misleading, did it? So far the bullets in this case seem legit enough except maybe the fanservice scene and the fire doors, but I suppose those can be worked in somehow.

I honestly doubt this will happen due to video game conservation of detail. If I remember correctly, this was the case in Ace Attorney as well. If there are any evidence bullets that ultimately don't have to do with the case, by virtue of the game's structure they'll still be the "right" choice at some point because for whatever reason the game needs you to draw a false conclusion to progress. Unless that's what you meant?

As an aside, though, can we stop using red herring to refer to suspects who end up not being the murderer? That's not what it means. A red herring is a plot point that deliberately leads the reader (or player, here) to the wrong conclusion and is ultimately irrelevant to the case. If Pekoyama turns out not to be the culprit the fact that she wasn't at her post to flip the breaker is still important, unless it turns out the blackout itself had nothing to do with how the murder went down (in which case it is the blackout that is the red herring. Can characters even be red herrings?).

Myrrar
Nov 6, 2009
Souda said "I can't help it, can I?! ‘Sides, you try finding that office in pitch darkness!" right before Togami's body was discovered. Because of that statement it is pretty clear he left the room, and nobody saw where he went. He said Peko was not in the office, so nobody can confirm what he did. I don't know what the purpose of the bloody cloth was, but he could have gone and ditched it in the storeroom while he was unaccounted for.

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!

4th Asclepiadean posted:

Wasn't Monobear a bit more helpful than usual during the first case in the first game as well? I mean, there's that time during the trial when he says, "no, there's no accomplice." I get the feeling that he kinda likes to push the kids into catching the culprit pretty easily when it's just their first trial.
Then again, that probably doesn't matter at all, since Monobear in this case is probably someone else, since Junko got squished pretty thoroughly in the last game.

Monobear probably flipped the breakers back on when he saw that the murderer had finished doing whatever he needed to. (Like semi-cleaning up.) For all we know, the murder happened early in the blackout and they fumbled around for 15-30 minutes or so after and Monobear got bored.

He's never really helpful per se, but rather he doesn't let the kids get stuck on ideas that they have no way to prove. If you allow for accomplices, then trying to narrow down the suspects becomes almost impossible. Alibis start to become meaningless at that point, and since Monobear is giving them a deadline to investigate, he doesn't want them to get stuck on the idea of an accomplice.

Or think of it this way, he wants to murderer to despair as much as possible before he dies. What better way then to have him think he's getting away with it, and then have him found out. Letting all the kids die because they can't figure out who did it, is not maximum despair.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Nefarious Asparagus posted:

As an aside, though, can we stop using red herring to refer to suspects who end up not being the murderer?

Only if Fred stops accusing him of everything else first. :colbert:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Dragonatrix posted:

Only if Fred stops accusing him of everything else first. :colbert:

Normally I hate reading this thread but then somebody like you goes and makes it all worthwhile

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Nefarious Asparagus posted:

I honestly doubt this will happen due to video game conservation of detail. If I remember correctly, this was the case in Ace Attorney as well. If there are any evidence bullets that ultimately don't have to do with the case, by virtue of the game's structure they'll still be the "right" choice at some point because for whatever reason the game needs you to draw a false conclusion to progress. Unless that's what you meant?

It's doubtful, yeah, hence "hoping". The reason being that as it is, you can draw conclusions from the bullets themselves. It's meta territory.

And no, I did mean evidence that misleads the player, not the main character. Bullets that won't ever be the right answer, but seem like they could be.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

tiistai posted:

It's doubtful, yeah, hence "hoping". The reason being that as it is, you can draw conclusions from the bullets themselves. It's meta territory.

And no, I did mean evidence that misleads the player, not the main character. Bullets that won't ever be the right answer, but seem like they could be.

Weren't there a few such clues in the last chapter of DR1? I don't remember the SHSL Despair bullet being used against anything.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
I know this is a bit off topic: But I can't wait to see what's developing in Zero more than the culprit here, for some reason. We stopped on a lot of questions without any answers.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

HangedManArcana posted:

I know this is a bit off topic: But I can't wait to see what's developing in Zero more than the culprit here, for some reason. We stopped on a lot of questions without any answers.

I'm slowly getting through the second half of the chapter I stopped at. It's long and a little tedious - which is part of the reason it's taking me so long - but also contains crucial information. Current plan is to get the rest of the DR2 investigation phase done (there isn't a lot of it left), and then post DR/Zero as I remind myself how to do trial updates.

I'm very excited about the Zero chapter after the current one, though!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
hello! i have been following these let us play's' of the visual novel series games with great "mucho" gusto! but today i am wandering .? are there any hentay of the dengan ronpa characters available on the site "gelbooru" ? i am wonderinf for a project. haha, please do not inquire as to what the projec is :D :D :D it is a private matter, a personal affair

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

hello! i have been following these let us play's' of the visual novel series games with great "mucho" gusto! but today i am wandering .? are there any hentay of the dengan ronpa characters available on the site "gelbooru" ? i am wonderinf for a project. haha, please do not inquire as to what the projec is :D :D :D it is a private matter, a personal affair

Well, I'm terrified.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

What the gently caress, how have you been on this forum for ten years? :psyduck:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dinosaur Jerk I have a feeling that you're going to be gone for about a week or longer.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

:stare:

Jeez, and I thought I was bad...

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Portals posted:

What the gently caress, how have you been on this forum for ten years? :psyduck:

Just check the post history, it's a FYAD poster trolling.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

You are.

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

i'm going to post "anyone got some good dengan ronpa hentay links on gelbooru ?. i need them for a project? haha :mrgreenwater:" in that thread and see what happens. wish me luck.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Adelheid posted:

Should have realized.

MUTEkI
Oct 12, 2012
gelbooru kinda sucks compared to most of the alternatives, 2/10 troll

I'd like to add a little more here about the evidence, but I'm not really quite sure yet. The two biggest questions I have -- how loose are the boards, and can anyone even fit under the cabin -- haven't yet been touched.

Does make me wonder, since I've been taking these updates for granted for a while, how much freedom do they give us (as the player) to investigate freely? Especially since this is the 'tutorial' mission and Nagito's there breathing down the back of our necks.

And I won't deny, I figure if Monobear isn't lying about the existence of a traitor and the traitor is someone we've met in this game already, Nagito is really really high on my suspicion list, even though I doubt he was the one who actually killed Togami -- since I suspect part of what happened here is he tried but someone else beat him to it (and maybe thought the fact that Nagito was planning that might give them a chance to push the blame on HIM instead), like others have suggested.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Adelheid posted:

Great work

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

ALWAYS check post count.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Beep boop what is joke. :mitt:

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Back on the topic of Dangan:
So the investigation is almost over. What exactly is there to find? I know talking to Chiemi might happen because she was outside. Other than that I think exploring where Gundam's Earring fell is the last thing that can really happen:

Edited because being tired makes me sound like I'm drunk posting. oops.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

orenronen posted:

I'm slowly getting through the second half of the chapter I stopped at. It's long and a little tedious - which is part of the reason it's taking me so long - but also contains crucial information. Current plan is to get the rest of the DR2 investigation phase done (there isn't a lot of it left), and then post DR/Zero as I remind myself how to do trial updates.

I'm very excited about the Zero chapter after the current one, though!

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or in the DR1 thread, but is there any progress on the last FT events for that one as well, or will that be on hold indefinitely while you're more focused on DR2 and DR/Zero?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Great work
                      /

Gadvac
Feb 18, 2013
So, essentially, the killer could now have easily run off to the bathroom or wherever else easily without stopping by the office. Of course, it's entirely possible that they planned on getting the circuit breaker afterwards, only to be surprised when the lights seemingly went on by themselves.

Nagito seems to be assuming that Peko's on her period, but based on Nidai, it may well be that there were drugs in the food. It'd certainly get her away from her post. If Owari suggests the need to use the restroom, then we've got something here. Even then, though, it's hard to believe Hanamura did it. We haven't seen enough of him, or at least as far as I can tell we haven't.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

HangedManArcana posted:

Back on the topic of Dangan:
So the investigation is almost over. What exactly is there to find? I know talking to Chiemi might happen because she was outside. Other than that I think exploring where Gundam's Earring fell is the last thing that can really happen:

Edited because being tired makes me sound like I'm drunk posting. oops.

Well, Togami's cabin is obviously the next destination, and the bathroom and the (theorized, not yet proven) crawlspace haven't been investigated. But yes, I think the next investigation updated will be the last, and trial time is imminent. Annoyingly, I think it's entirely possible we won't see Kuryuzuu until the trial.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I like that last post prior to that was the one where he lays out his plan. at least put some :effort: into it :cmon:.

I do wonder what we could possibly find in Togami's room that will help out the case, if anything my money is on the motive, or we will find whats-his-face the gangster chilling about and question him too.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

rip lyle

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I realize there's a lot of others things to pay attention to at the moment, but wasn't Nagito in charge of decorating for the party? I'd think that would mean he'd have an opportunity to plant the knife under the table before Togami began his full body searches.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

IceBorg posted:

Wow I'm an idiot. It can be an evidence to further implicate Hanamura then, since if that door is automated, he can't get to the hall during the blackout.

NextTime000 posted:

I like that last post prior to that was the one where he lays out his plan. at least put some :effort: into it :cmon:.
I wonder why FYAD users feel like announcing that at all. It isn't like they can get out clean by doing so since people do get banned even with the announcement.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Jeek posted:

Wow I'm an idiot. It can be an evidence to further implicate Hanamura then, since if that door is automated, he can't get to the hall during the blackout.

I wonder why FYAD users feel like announcing that at all. It isn't like they can get out clean by doing so since people do get banned even with the announcement.

Sometimes a joke happens and it's okay to laugh. : ]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ruddha posted:

Laughing is a sin. Everything is anime and nothing is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ruddha posted:

Humor is bannable in the grey forums.

• Locked thread