Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So eff limited....

Got a post this weekend,

Rinne Monkiers Silver Redemption
Tyson Barrie rookie /49
Lundqvist Crease Clearers white jersey /99
base
Spezza /25 base
some crummy /199 insert

seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
ITG had manufactured patch cards as the base cards in one of the more recent Ultimate Memorabilia sets too. They did look neat but the idea of them kinda bugged me. I like Panini's manufactured patches better, where they made scaled down replicas of team specialty patches like anniversary seasons or whatever.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Surmy posted:

So eff limited....

Got a post this weekend,

Rinne Monkiers Silver Redemption
Tyson Barrie rookie /49
Lundqvist Crease Clearers white jersey /99
base
Spezza /25 base
some crummy /199 insert

seriously?

Short print veteran auto, short print rookie auto (and not a horrible one either). It doesn't sound like that bad of a box? :confused:

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Short print veteran auto, short print rookie auto (and not a horrible one either). It doesn't sound like that bad of a box? :confused:

I guess the re-sale value combined with a redemption i'll never see are just depressing. I got 2 15$ cards. /woo. Just disappointed overall that limited is all they had in stock. Artifacts(different niche I know) blows this stuff away.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

So outside of SA breaks my hockey funds have now gone into scrooge mode. 2 months and change until the Spring Sports Card Expo in Toronto. Also looking to clear out a lot of my non PC cards. If you have any teams or players in particular you collect and you'd like me to check for let me know. I can definitely put together some good deals for you guys, especially when it comes to lower end jerseys, and other stuff I have bulk of.

Edit: Also always willing to talk trade if you have something I'm interested in :)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

So outside of SA breaks my hockey funds have now gone into scrooge mode. 2 months and change until the Spring Sports Card Expo in Toronto. Also looking to clear out a lot of my non PC cards. If you have any teams or players in particular you collect and you'd like me to check for let me know. I can definitely put together some good deals for you guys, especially when it comes to lower end jerseys, and other stuff I have bulk of.

Edit: Also always willing to talk trade if you have something I'm interested in :)

Red Wings and Michigan alums, please. :)

If anything, put together a list of everything and what you're looking for, and post it around on some forums.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Surmy posted:

Bruins lower end jerseys and stuff. I'm too broke to go high end yet. Wait til summer time for that.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Red Wings and Michigan alums, please. :)

If anything, put together a list of everything and what you're looking for, and post it around on some forums.

I'd post it around on some other forums but they're generally too much drama/idiots to deal with.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

I'd post it around on some other forums but they're generally too much drama/idiots to deal with.

I know the feeling.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
doing the monster on cnc. woot.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Surmy posted:

...a redemption i'll never see are just depressing.

I know the feeling. I have a redemption from 2011 Limited that's been pending for 13 months. My request for an update has been pending for 2 months...

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

If you have not redeemed the Rinne yet, I will take the redemption and wait and throw you something similar in your break package. I like Phenoms style autos.

Also bought into the monster because I love being disappointed.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Boinks posted:

I know the feeling. I have a redemption from 2011 Limited that's been pending for 13 months. My request for an update has been pending for 2 months...

I have a Spezza from 10-11 pinnacle, from I think our first SA break, still waiting...

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

So I guess the general rule on redemptions is: "They suck"?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

beyond suck actually.

though i get grinders so i have good luck..

also, time to start up a rousell collection..damnit

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

They can, but it depends on so many things. I got my Biznasty redemption fairly fast.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

Very hit and miss. I've had cards take 2 weeks and I've had some cards(Like all the Panini Gudbranson's) still not ship in near a year....

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

They make Paul Bissonette cards? lol That rules, I'll have to be on the lookout for some. That dude is hilarious.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

They make Paul Bissonette cards? lol That rules, I'll have to be on the lookout for some. That dude is hilarious.

They actually make one where he autographs his name and twitter handle. I think Darkwolf has one

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Surmy posted:

They actually make one where he autographs his name and twitter handle. I think Darkwolf has one

Yeah, I'm not that into collecting him haha I'll leave that to the 'yotes fans. I'd just try to find some base.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I just got the Flames half of a 3/3 booklet prime x12 with Oilers. Sending it to a random, i am screwed :D

e: And I lost it. :suicide: Oh well.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 4, 2013

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

How much could you guys have sold it for?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Eating the Pudding posted:

How much could you guys have sold it for?

Somewhere between $200 and $300 I bet. Except in CnC's mind, a sell and split = they sell it, shave 15% off the top for their trouble, then divide the remainder in half as CnC credit. So yeah, I could have had ~40% of that in the form of a gift card. And then pay them full retail for w/e and lose more money that way. Kinda a joke.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

How do I pay you again?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

anotherblownsave posted:

Yeah, I'm not that into collecting him haha I'll leave that to the 'yotes fans. I'd just try to find some base.

He has some base cards in those giant 500-card cheapy sets.

I paid like $15 for his twittergraph.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Wayne Gretzky posted:

How do I pay you again?

Send it via Paypal to shifterdarkwolf AT gmail DOT com. Please mark it as personal payment owed or as gift if you please :)

Oh speaking of breaks look what came in the mail today

See you guys Saturday :)

Also Biznasty has autos in Crown Royale and I think in Contenders booklets haha. Yeah, of the 2 Coyotes to sign the booklet it is Shane Doan and Keith Yandle Mike Smith Oliver Ekman-Larsson Radim Vrbata Ray Whitney Paul Bissonette :stare:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 5, 2013

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
CHAMPS :circlefap:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Also Biznasty has autos in Crown Royale and I think in Contenders booklets haha. Yeah, of the 2 Coyotes to sign the booklet it is Shane Doan and Keith Yandle Mike Smith Oliver Ekman-Larsson Radim Vrbata Ray Whitney Paul Bissonette :stare:

His signature is pretty bad, too. Understandable for a dude with a long name but it's a really poor PB. It was worth it to get block-letter on-card printing of @BizNasty2point0

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

No probs, got it Thompson

Contenders case break #2

1x Case 11-12 Panini Contenders (14 box)
1x 11-12 Panini Pinnacle
1x 07-08 UD Mini Jersey
1x 08-09 UD Champs

$61 /spot 15 spots

1 darkwolf PAID
2 shyduck
3 shyduck
4 Ashe
5 Sharp_Angus PAID
6 Quantrill PAID
7 Quantrill PAID
8 surmy
9 whale cancer
10 anotherblownsave
11 communistkangaroo
12 Wayne Gretzky
13 Above&Beyond PAID
14 Above&Beyond PAID
15 Thompson PAID

Hey dark anyway we can do this mid afternoon Saturday (I think that's the day were breaking). I have to go to "law school prom" :lol:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

thompson posted:

Hey dark anyway we can do this mid afternoon Saturday (I think that's the day were breaking). I have to go to "law school prom" :lol:

no. no there is not.

thanks CNC for the awesome /999 luc robataille from 10-11 artifacts for a dud on the pacific break we did. loving assholes.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Can someone answer what time its supposed to be?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

thompson posted:

Can someone answer what time its supposed to be?

prob 8pm est.. prob. maybe. i dont know. stop asking questions.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

thompson posted:

It is too close to the break to change the time, it would not be fair to others who have been planning on that time frame to change it just a couple days ahead, sorry man :(

It sucks that it seems you have gotten whipped obligated to go to a uhhh.... dance. You can email me a team list or let me pick best available or Ducks for you. Don't worry about abs' spot if you dont want it since you will be gone, I don't mind having 4 teams in this product.

But yeah, 8PM est thru probably close to 11pm

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
OK I'll be there from 5 Pacific time to maybe 630. With that I'll be able to draft my teams and we'll go from there.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
I'm gonna be on the road at 8pm as I was "encouraged" to come along and see :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren:'s family after I work till 6 EST Saturday. I will be using my precious, precious data plan to at least be online for the draft. I'll email a list to you DW in case I don't make it. Though I'm sure you know my draft M.O. already ;)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Sharp_angus posted:

I'm gonna be on the road at 8pm as I was "encouraged" to come along and see :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren:'s family after I work till 6 EST Saturday. I will be using my precious, precious data plan to at least be online for the draft. I'll email a list to you DW in case I don't make it. Though I'm sure you know my draft M.O. already ;)

You want me to take Montreal, Ottawa and Buffalo first right? :haw:

Hopefully :siren:YOUR GIRLFRIEND is as understanding about hockey cards as :siren:MY WIFE is.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Dw, sent you 3/4 of payment(as I forgot to transfer more money into that account).

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

Dw, sent you 3/4 of payment(as I forgot to transfer more money into that account).

Can we break now >.<

Also I might be running a bit late saturday but i'll submit a list+money to dark before hand.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

If I can get 100% confirmation, we can break tonight. It is up to you guys to track everyone down though, I am going out to dinner now :)

8pm, if we get /everyone/ in the room, we will do it. Good luck tracking down Wayne Gretzky :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

If I can get 100% confirmation, we can break tonight. It is up to you guys to track everyone down though, I am going out to dinner now :)

8pm, if we get /everyone/ in the room, we will do it. Good luck tracking down Wayne Gretzky :haw:

just toss me the emails. and ill make it happen.

• Locked thread