Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
All he's missing is a speed suit.

Still, more interesting a story that "I went to the Grand Canyon once" or "This,mildly funny thing happened once". However spergy it is.

E: jesus, that FJ, was that a question they forgot to use in the Teen Tournament? Anybody could have gotten that. At least Sara won, that's cool.

funktopus fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait that was seriously the final Jeopardy question? I would have scoffed if that had appeared in the first found, but as the final Jeopardy question? REALLY?

Also I thought that the middle guy looked more like the guy from Arrow than Dean Venture.

Anyway I'm glad to see that Sara's sticking around for another day!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
At least make it "The Solar System" or some poo poo so everyone can bet crazy amounts of money, but whatever. Fight on, goon's girlfriend Sara!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Punch Card, can your girlfriend lend me some money? ;)

Was rooting for her the whole way through. So glad that Mac from It's Always Sunny looking guy missed the final Daily Double, so he couldn't catch her.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Go Sara, Honorary Goon and Aubrey Plaza look-a-like!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That bald guy really messed up. Why would you ever potentially make yourself lose the lead on a last second daily double. Just bid 100 and stall for time or bid as much as you can without losing the lead. I can't believe he didn't know the answer too.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
He had a LOT of wrong answers, too. He could have made this a lock if he hadn't shot himself in the foot, since he was usually faster on the buzzer.

And Sara wins by $2. She's really cleaning up, 75k in three days is excellent. Might have to be back for next year's ToC at this rate (noodle hair's gonna be there too).

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Thank god people don't know how to wager and also blow really easy daily doubles.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Thank God, I am not prepared to say goodbye to Sara yet

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I hate Colby, too, but I'm a teacher. Thanks for having faith in the army of people who have literally CHOSEN to be underpaid for their education for the sake of our youth.
The Teachers' Tournament and Teen Tournament entrants usually get blown out in the Tournament of Champions. It's not a personal shot at you, bud.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 2, 2013

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So no one's going to comment on the bedwetting story? I mean, your first time on Jeopardy and your most interesting story is you pissed the bed when you were a kid?

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Quasipox posted:

So no one's going to comment on the bedwetting story? I mean, your first time on Jeopardy and your most interesting story is you pissed the bed when you were a kid?

Holy poo poo, that's what I skipped? I walked in the door right as Sara was doing her story about shoveling poop or something.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

funktopus posted:

Holy poo poo, that's what I skipped? I walked in the door right as Sara was doing her story about shoveling poop or something.

Hahahaha, yeah, I skip all of the stories except for Sara's. I was wondering what Alex was getting at when he was like "We have Sara shoveling poop and... well, we won't go there..."

Anyway, Sara loving rules. I would be terrified to go up against her in Jeopardy, she'd wipe the floor with me.

That bald guy was all over the place. He was in the red 1/6 of the way through Double Jeopardy, then in the lead before he missed that Daily Double.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

funktopus posted:

Yep. His story was basically I used to pee the bed, so my parents bought a huge alarm that went off and they would wake me up when I wet the bed.

Also, don't read other forums about Jeopardy. I found this wonderful quote while looking for a transcript or something:

Creepy dude posted:

HAHA yeah I sawr this and I was saying to Mrs. Hydraskull "check out this guy!" but she was too selfish with crying children to look at what I was trying to show her about. But that guy was pathetic. He couldnt' even win. But the girl with big boobs won again so that's alright.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Well Sara's officially a celebrity. You're not officially a celebrity until you've been objectified by some random creep on the internet.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Can I get a namechange to Twyla The Domestic Goddess please?

In all seriousness though, someone needs to tell that woman never to go sleeveless in public, never mind on national television.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Sarah has this in the bag. Guy next to her can't even pronounce his own name correctly.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Sen. Davis, what do you think about someone getting questions wrong about "The Wire?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRwR-li5t_A

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Sara got the Wire question correct!!! Yay!!!

Also, this episode is super easy. I've gotten the first 15 questions right. Never happened before.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

escape artist posted:

Sara got the Wire question correct!!! Yay!!!

Also, this episode is super easy. I've gotten the first 15 questions right. Never happened before.

"Celebrities Love TV" will do that for you. What a joke.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sarah has this in the bag. Guy next to her can't even pronounce his own name correctly.

Ultimately I feel responsible for this.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm a sports guy and I had no idea about that car thing. I always think of GT as the Yellow Jackets.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
No, Sara, no!!!!!!!! :(

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

Ultimately I feel responsible for this.

I blame you for the inevitable 20-game run by Dielan.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

zakharov posted:

"Celebrities Love TV" will do that for you. What a joke.

places that start with V and Exiled were easy as hell, too.

I'm going to miss Sara. On the other hand, I'm not going to feel so loving tense during the game anymore for having a tertiary personal stake in it.

vvv Look at this poor guy, whose games air at 7:30. He has no idea what heartbreak he's in for. vvv

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Go Sara, Go!

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
730 crew represent.

Also Erin is an awkward, goony lady.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
At least Lisa Simpson didn't win. Goondolences Sara, enjoy all your money

Also I got Final Jeopardy right away :smug:

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Not 10 minutes later and i forgot what the FJ answer was. Totally forgettable.

At least Erin didn't win.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

funktopus posted:

Not 10 minutes later and i forgot what the FJ answer was. Totally forgettable.

At least Erin didn't win.

Georgia Tech I think?

I forgot what the question was for a while. I was too distraught over Sara's departure.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Dammit Sara how could you lose to the five best rappers of all time! smh :douche:

Also that guy got both DD's in DJ and bet $400 and $1000, that's loving dumb as hell.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

uublog posted:

Dammit Sara how could you lose to the five best rappers of all time! smh :douche:

Also that guy got both DD's in DJ and bet $400 and $1000, that's loving dumb as hell.
If I hit the DD's in a subject I don't know, you best believe I'm going to wager like $5. It'll still be worth it for eliminating the chance of another player to have a big payday.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

escape artist posted:

If I hit the DD's in a subject I don't know, you best believe I'm going to wager like $5. It'll still be worth it for eliminating the chance of another player to have a big payday.

For a guy who's actually on Jeopardy, there shouldn't really be two separate categories he doesn't know well. But he won so gently caress it I guess? :shrug:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Rad is not a unit of energy god drat it, it's a unit of dose. :argh:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Irradiation posted:

Rad is not a unit of energy god drat it, it's a unit of dose. :argh:

Punch Card should tell his girlfriend to call into the Jeopardy offices with this complaint, and see if she can't get another go around on the show because of their error. :v:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I deeply dislike Eileen, and I can't figure out why.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I deeply dislike Eileen, and I can't figure out why.

It's okay; she lost.

Also, FJ was super easy. The hardest thing about it was remembering to get all the syllables of Anna Karenina in. I haven't even read the book, or seen the movie adaptations, but I know she dies by throwing herself under a train... FJ's usually have some sort of clue you can read into and make a solid guess with.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I knew it was Tolstoy, just because it sound like a very Russian kind of thing, and who else would they use but Tolstoy?

But I'm not a literature guy so I didn't which novel.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Last night's lady was from Shadyside, OH, a lovely peace of crap where some of my family lives. She didn't win though, so now she'll never leave.

Also that FJ question was a joke.

E: Although I'm curious how they get to 11, since I only count 5.

E2: Now I see it. We declared against several countries at once in some of the wars.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Tonight's episode was harder than the Tournament of Champions episodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm just glad the guy wearing a polo shirt under a suit coat didn't win.