Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Hashal posted:

Not sure what's worse, the car or the jacket:

Same car:

quote:

Besides the bucket loads of PU foam and the insanely massive 30-inch chrome wheels up front and 40-inch in the rear, the interior is littered with Swarovski Crystals. Audronis states, “one button is one big crystal, not like others who use plastic button glue with small crystals.” Also, the gearshift lever is a huge 25cm crystal.

Not sure what's going on with that A-pillar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What.. was that?

Sebring?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What.. was that?

Sebring?

Nope, a Merc

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

yyyyyy posted:

they're both mega idiots, etc.

You could have stopped at Aveo.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Went for a drive today.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't see a problem with the first, and the second is actually substantially better than most trucks in Florida from what I've been lead to believe.

Altezza lights and rims are retarded, but at least he doesn't have tow mirrors at full extension I guess.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

Devyl posted:

Went for a drive today.

No mudflaps on trucks like that driving in the city makes me want to kill them constantly. Spit up SO many rocks and poo poo.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

kastein posted:

I don't see a problem with the first, and the second is actually substantially better than most trucks in Florida from what I've been lead to believe.

Altezza lights and rims are retarded, but at least he doesn't have tow mirrors at full extension I guess.

License plates on that first one - what a waste of money.

While on license plates...

quote:

"14" stands for a white supremacist's fourteen-word motto: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." "CV" stands for "Confederate Veteran," and "88" stands for the eighth letter of the alphabet twice in a row. That's H-H, or "Heil Hitler."

This last one actually made me laugh:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Don't forget one of the classics:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

My favorite vanity plate ever. Definitely doesn't belong in this thread :v:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
No photos currently sorry but there's a house in town stuck in a time rift. Last year I watched them do a Kingswood front swap on a Holden ute, and currently they are modding what looks like a series 1 bluebird. A few weeks back its backend was just about sitting on the ground but that's back up again and just the back is sitting on rimzzzzzz. The front still has steelies. The front bumper and grille has also gone AWOL so I'm half expecting a bodykit to appear.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Same car:

Not sure what's going on with that A-pillar

You guys can't post that car without the full build:
http://englishrussia.com/2008/05/29/lithuanians-and-pu-foam/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

I love the louvre shade look on the tail lights. Reminds me of a XF Falcon

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

I love the louvre shade look on the tail lights. Reminds me of a XF Falcon

That has to be the strangest tarted up Delta 88 that I've ever seen.

E: It's always a goddamn Cavalier.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

kastein posted:

Apropos of nothing, that photo was taken in Ferndale, MI right outside of Detroit. I live not too far from where it was taken. Now I need to find that truck because that plate is awesome.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

kastein posted:

Not unique, but I agree, it's great.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kastein posted:

Holy poo poo, that's my friend John's truck, he rebuilt that entire Bronco over a summer and we went through a shitload of junkyards to find different parts to the interior. I haven't actually talked to him in a few months, but last I checked, he still had it :allears:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 5, 2013

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

West SAAB Story posted:

That has to be the strangest tarted up Delta 88 that I've ever seen.

E: It's always a goddamn Cavalier.

That's a Ford Falcon circa 1984.
the GM/cavallier equivalent in 1984 was a VK commodore, (if you disregard the camira, and you always should)

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Fo3 posted:

That's a Ford Falcon circa 1984.
the GM/cavallier equivalent in 1984 was a VK commodore, (if you disregard the camira, and you always should)

I can't even tell anymore. gently caress anything 80s that wasn't a G Fox Body.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

yyyyyy posted:

No pictures but: My aunt bought a Chevy Aveo. New. Is still making payments on it. $240 a month. This is enough for one 'terrible car stuff' post

She says has to put water in it every 2 hours of driving or so. It has 55 thousand miles.

To be fair, I'd say most Aveos are lucky to make it to 60k without completely falling apart, regardless of maintenance. They're by far the worst car GM sold in the US in years.

$240 a month holy poo poo..

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zeether posted:

Rally pedigree = ruined.

What's that brace in the rear window for?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

CharlesM posted:

Isn't that a CRAB bar for booster seats? Or am I seeing that wrong. Nah I must be. That sort of car would have child seatbelt mount points. Just saying is all. I can't think of whatever else that could be.

Speaking of terrible things, for ages I've been so tempted to track down a car mobile phone antenna and mount it in the blank above the rear window on the Fairlane. I have no idea where the wiring goes to if it does at all but it's just such a pointless obsolete thing that's asking to have it done. It's a nice colour coded plastic bezel with a big colour coded crosshead blank in it.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

General_Failure posted:

Speaking of terrible things, for ages I've been so tempted to track down a car mobile phone antenna and mount it in the blank above the rear window on the Fairlane. I have no idea where the wiring goes to if it does at all but it's just such a pointless obsolete thing that's asking to have it done.

Years ago I had a lovely Peugeot 106 and I bought one for that. I genuinely didn't know what it was at the time, the packaging just said 'Shark fin' and I thought it'd be cool to have a little fin on my car. Didn't realise it was actually supposed to be a useful thing...or something that douches put on their car. I found this out when people started taking the piss out of me!
Anyway, the reason I'm here is to share this beauty with you, spotted in a local car park.

'Your gorgeous' indeed.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

some texas redneck posted:

To be fair, I'd say most Aveos are lucky to make it to 60k without completely falling apart, regardless of maintenance. They're by far the worst car GM sold in the US in years.

$240 a month holy poo poo..

I've been seeing a lot of Aveos lately with clearly bad shocks. The owners seem oblivious.

It's surprising to me that I'm always seeing such new looking cars with clearly bad shocks or already run into the ground.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

God bless you, Virginia. :911:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CharlesM posted:

That appears to be a clothing hangar bar, like what I see across the back of the snow bird's Cadillacs on I95.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Motronic posted:

That appears to be a clothing hangar bar, like what I see across the back of the snow bird's Cadillacs on I95.

Gopro mount?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Isn't it a weird harness bar?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had a Chevy Aveo that I got brand new for $4,750 by using the Cash for Clunkers programme and employee discount. It was the worst car I'd ever driven in my life. I drove the everloving poo poo out of it for my first three years here, then one day, some idiot cut across a major road to go from one store to another, didn't see me coming at 60mph, and I T-boned her. When I saw that I was going to hit her, I had maybe 25ft to stop, so I tossed it into 2nd, dropped the clutch, pulled the e-brake, and stomped on the brakes as hard as I could while pushing as far back into my seat as I could.

Luckily, I have really long legs. I hit her car going around 50mph, the airbag went off, but didn't touch me, and otherwise I was 100% okay, and was the one who got out to make sure she was okay (she had a bleeding forehead, don't know if she had a concussion, but the window was broken out so I assume she smacked her head :(). The firefighters and medics that arrived on scene were shocked that I was okay, and told me that I was lucky I was so big since otherwise it would have been way worse.

Insurance gave me $10,000 for that piece of poo poo, I had been hoping for around $6,000.

It had around 50,000 miles on it and it got me 30-35mpg when I was driving to Detroit every day (a 15 mile one way drive). I was constantly having to change spark plugs, the suspension was shot and I was about to replace it but it was still too cold out, the air dam on the bottom of the radiator fell off, the interior had cracked plastic after a year (and a heavy TV punched it), the radio wouldn't work if it was below -10*F, and the clutch had zero resistance. I will say the shifter/shifter knob was awesome for a stock car, I've always preferred round shifter knobs and the pull-up lever to reverse. Reverse was in the weirdest place though, it was next to first on the left instead of on the bottom to the right of 4th/6th
code:
R 1 3 5
|_|_|_|
  | | 
  2 4

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why is she the idiot when you were you going 60MPH on what's a major road with stores on it which is likely a 35/40MPH zone?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Why is she the idiot when you were you going 60MPH on what's a major road with stores on it which is likely a 35/40MPH zone?

Because she didn't look for oncoming traffic?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GutBomb posted:

Speedlimit was 60mph and she didn't look where she was going.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

GutBomb posted:

It's ok, he pulled the emergency brake.
E: in less than 1/3 of a second.

Poing fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 5, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Dude it was an emergency.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I had maybe 25ft to stop, so I tossed it into 2nd, dropped the clutch, pulled the e-brake, and stomped on the brakes as hard as I could while pushing as far back into my seat as I could.

What? Why? What gave you the idea that anything more than the foot brake would stop you any faster, considering even on the shittiest of cars you can lock up all 4 wheels with it/activate the ABS?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motronic posted:

What? Why? What gave you the idea that anything more than the foot brake would stop you any faster, considering even on the shittiest of cars you can lock up all 4 wheels with it/activate the ABS?

It didn't have ABS, and I just did everything I could to stop because I didn't want to die v:shobon:v. It was the Aveo vs. a big rear end Lincoln, so I thought I was toast.

And yes it was an emergency, I had Thai food to eat!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Motronic posted:

Do you usually think clearly in an emergency where the outcome might be "This is the day I die."?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Motronic posted:

But I wanted to lock the wheels even more!

For the 1/3 of a second it would take to travel 25 ft.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Tusen Takk posted:

Reverse was in the weirdest place though, it was next to first on the left instead of on the bottom to the right of 4th/6th
code:
R 1 3 5
|_|_|_|
  | | 
  2 4

You mean the normal place, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Not on good old 'merican steel cars. Does anyone else actually prefer R where 6 would be in this diagram? Despite it being "far" away it seems to make 1st to R an easy and quick transition on 5 speeds at least.