Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Since NCSettings is no longer going to receive updates, I'm in need of a flashlight button. Any suggestions on this and or a button for orientation lock?

...Just keep using NCSettings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squarb
Oct 19, 2005
I use SpringFlash with Activator for my flashlight. It defaults to double clicking the power button but I think doing a short hold works a little better.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Squarb posted:

I use SpringFlash with Activator for my flashlight. It defaults to double clicking the power button but I think doing a short hold works a little better.
I have SpringFlash set to both volume buttons at the same time. Very handy!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is it possible to set TouchPal to automatically start sentences with a capital letter? And set it to add a period after two space presses, or just a faster way than holding C?

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

yamdankee posted:

Is it possible to set TouchPal to automatically start sentences with a capital letter? And set it to add a period after two space presses, or just a faster way than holding C?

No auto caps as far as I can tell. But just tap and slide down on c for a period, you don't have to it down until it gives you the menu with the period and the c.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Ev posted:

No auto caps as far as I can tell. But just tap and slide down on c for a period, you don't have to it down until it gives you the menu with the period and the c.

Ah, good enough. Thank you!

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

yamdankee posted:

Ah, good enough. Thank you!

Glad to help, though I can't take credit for that discovery. Another goon a page or two ago posted it first. You can also slide up on the top row to get numbers.

I'm absolutely nuts for this keyboard as well as Battery Doctor Pro. I've dumped NCSettings for it after a few days of not missing it.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Using LS Round for I5. Great theme but it shows the weather in Spanish. Anyone know of a British version?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Blimpkin posted:

...Just keep using NCSettings?

Seriously, unless something is actively broken or missing for you with NCSettings, it's basically in prime condition.

If everything works now, it should continue to remain so. It has a VERY good/functional flash light button, as well as brightness, wifi, airplane, bluetooth, etc etc.

It's funny to see people acting like something that is not getting further enhancements is somehow not useful. I have NCSettings and it works BEAUTIFULLY as-is. And will likely continue to remain so...

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
FYI if anyone has updated Chrome and noticed it crashing a few seconds after startup, you need to enable crash reporting. For me it was easiest to reinstall to get that option, because the app was crashing too quickly for me to find it in the settings.

More info here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!category-topic/chrome/ios/XmZwrHLi_Mo

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
The battery doctor app you all are talking about is the one in Chinese and the author is Kingsoft Security, correct?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
Has anyone noticed emails not being sent? I first noticed it when I tried to use ISHSHit to mail myself my SHSH blobs and it never worked. Just now I tried to email myself a picture and it made the little "whoosh" noise but the internet activity swirly progress meter never came up. The mail never made it to my inbox or spam folder.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The battery doctor app you all are talking about is the one in Chinese and the author is Kingsoft Security, correct?

Yes. Version 3.6.5-224

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Has anyone else noticed an issue where sometimes the phone just won't come out of sleep?
Neither Home nor Power button will "work". Wait a few seconds and try again, and they started working again.

Not sure what it could be, I do have Activator installed but nothing is bound to the Home button.
iPhone 5, IOS 6.1.

greenman100
Aug 13, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Anyone worried about this at all? Perhaps some logging or data sniffing could be going on?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Are you really stereotyping all Chinese people into being malicious hackers?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

~Coxy posted:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where sometimes the phone just won't come out of sleep?
Neither Home nor Power button will "work". Wait a few seconds and try again, and they started working again.

Not sure what it could be, I do have Activator installed but nothing is bound to the Home button.
iPhone 5, IOS 6.1.

Activator made everyone mad a long time ago because it would mess with the hardware buttons, even if there was no actions bound to the button. Try uninstalling Activator and see if it helps.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I don't mind trying to uninstall Activator but when I attempt to in Cydia I get this scary-looking list of apps that will be removed:

Any way to fix that and just uninstall Activator and nothing else?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

90% of that is SBSettings and toggles/themes for SBSettings. As Activator is a dependency to SBS, SBS (and everything tied to it) needs to go as well when you remove Activator.

I've been meaning to ask: does anyone here know how hard/feasible would it be to edit/add a toggle to a mod like NCSettings or the BDP. All I want is a toggle for Settings-Music-Show All Music (on/off). I know abolition nothing about coding but could this be something that could be edited in somehow? I know SBSettings is a bit more open as far as toggle support but NCSettings is the only app that has a minimal UI that screams "hey we get that the notification center is for notification so we'll try to take as little space as possible carry on".

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 5, 2013

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

in_cahoots posted:

FYI if anyone has updated Chrome and noticed it crashing a few seconds after startup, you need to enable crash reporting. For me it was easiest to reinstall to get that option, because the app was crashing too quickly for me to find it in the settings.

More info here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!category-topic/chrome/ios/XmZwrHLi_Mo

Uninstall Chrome Download Manager as well if you have it. Im not fast enough to change the settings before it crashed so i just reinstalled Chrome and checked Send Data on startup.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I can't imagine having a jailbreak without Activator, not sure why anyone would want to rid of it.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

I can't imagine having a jailbreak without Activator, not sure why anyone would want to rid of it.

It's a constantly running daemon that can be greedy with resources on older devices.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

spongeworthy posted:

It causes my home button to be less responsive. I need to ask dba if it's possible to make LockInfo 5 no longer dependent on it, since I don't need it.

greenman100
Aug 13, 2006

bobfather posted:

Are you really stereotyping all Chinese people into being malicious hackers?

No, I'm not stereotyping at all. It's sketchy to me that a company named "Kingsoft Security" would release an app that is effectively a UI tweak, called battery doctor. It seems pretty odd. Furthermore,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsoft_Internet_Security posted:

Kingsoft has been recently implicated by unverified sources in the Malware/Trojan "Cookie" 'Seekportals.com' scandal.

Unverified, sure, but cause for concern on a device I enter plenty of banking info on.

Thanks for jumping to conclusions and providing no helpful input though.

greenman100 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 5, 2013

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there any way to have my podcasts download (using almost any podcast app, I don't care) overnight and allow them to download for more than 10 minutes?

I have several video podcasts and I plug my phone into the wall charger every night. I'd like to wakeup in the morning and have everything downloaded 100%.

Is this possible?

Downcast (non-jailbreak) only downloads for 10 minutes (iOS background limit) AND it can't auto-download at a scheduled time (i.e. overnight).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does anyone here use test flight to test apps? I had to reinstall their profile since jail breaking and next thing I know all of these icons are on my springboard:

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

greenman100 posted:

No, I'm not stereotyping at all. It's sketchy to me that a company named "Kingsoft Security" would release an app that is effectively a UI tweak, called battery doctor. It seems pretty odd. Furthermore,

Unverified, sure, but cause for concern on a device I enter plenty of banking info on.

Thanks for jumping to conclusions and providing no helpful input though.

Or, they're a publisher of a similarly-named app on the App Store that felt constrained by Apple app limitations, so they released their true vision of the product in the form of a jailbreak tweak?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

The Dave posted:

Does anyone here use test flight to test apps? I had to reinstall their profile since jail breaking and next thing I know all of these icons are on my springboard:

I usually test apps manually, but when that happens a respring should fix it right up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

I usually test apps manually, but when that happens a respring should fix it right up.

It sure did! Thanks!

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

spongeworthy posted:

Other than it being an unnecessary* requirement for SBSettings, I've never once needed or wanted Activator installed in the past several years. Never once in iOS 4, iOS 5, or iOS 6.

* I would like to open SBSettings via an icon, not by some "gesture". I want the toggles it provides. Since NCSettings got neutered, SBSettings is again the only easy way to toggle the 3G/4G connection on my iPhone 4S.

When I go to remove Activator, SBSettings is the only thing I have installed that lists it as a dependency, so I must keep it installed.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Xenomorph posted:

Other than it being an unnecessary* requirement for SBSettings, I've never once needed or wanted Activator installed in the past several years. Never once in iOS 4, iOS 5, or iOS 6.

* I would like to open SBSettings via an icon, not by some "gesture". I want the toggles it provides. Since NCSettings got neutered, SBSettings is again the only easy way to toggle the 3G/4G connection on my iPhone 4S.

When I go to remove Activator, SBSettings is the only thing I have installed that lists it as a dependency, so I must keep it installed.

Do you not have an SBSettings icon on your screens anywhere? I have one on mine.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

pseudonordic posted:

Do you not have an SBSettings icon on your screens anywhere? I have one on mine.

Yeah, but SBSettings still has activator as a dependency.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Mr. Fix It posted:

Yeah, but SBSettings still has activator as a dependency.

Actually I was wrong as the icon opens the settings page for SBSettings, not the toggle console. :sweatdrop:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

pseudonordic posted:

Actually I was wrong as the icon opens the settings page for SBSettings, not the toggle console. :sweatdrop:

When I used SBSettings I put it in my notification center, so really, everyone is right that Activator sucks for being required by SBSettings.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Blimpkin posted:

When I used SBSettings I put it in my notification center, so really, everyone is right that Activator sucks for being required by SBSettings.

It's the only reason I don't use SBSettings. And it's annoying, because I use to love SBSettings. For whatever reason on my phone Activator makes pressing volume two or three times down mute the volume, then every time I press down after that it mutes it. It's not set to do that, reinstalling it still does it. gently caress you Activator.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Huh, I guess I'm the odd case who has never experienced issues with Activator.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

You'll get your chance. Every update is a gamble with that POS.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

spongeworthy posted:

Me neither. Been using it since he first jailbreak and never an issue. Maybe people are accidentally setting their button(s) to do something weird or something?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I've had minor issues with Activator but a settings reset is generally all you have to do to fix it if something gets stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

randyest posted:

Me neither. Been using it since he first jailbreak and never an issue. Maybe people are accidentally setting their button(s) to do something weird or something?

You never once had to push the home/power button more than once in the iOS 4.x days? That was the biggest bug I can recall. It wasn't even always the same behavior, sometimes it would work but with a delay, sometimes the press wouldn't register at all. Also, it was just some of the time. Enough to make you think...maybe I didn't push it hard enough...or maybe the button is wearing out?

• Locked thread