Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DirtyCheeseburgers
Apr 15, 2003

College Slice
I don't know if it's at all locations or what, but if anyone in Toronto reads this thread the HMV at Yonge & Dundas has a pretty good 2 for $25 deal on. Got some Blur remasters, two Megadeth albums, Black Flag and Springsteen's Seeger Sessions.

Not where I regularly buy vinyl but I can't pass up a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sweet deal! Now you should flip it and maximize its utility.

I got my copy in the mail today. I have to commend the guy who packed it- it might be the most overprotected piece of vinyl I've ever received.

In a similar vein, I just got this comically oversized package in the mail:

Then it had this in it:

And then this:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

david puddy posted:

And then this:

Just so you know, the seething hatred you're feeling right now is coming from my general direction.
Nice find man.

Edit: Well drat, for some reason I was thinking they were all sold out, hot drat!

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 5, 2013

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Dr. Lenin and Detective Thompson sitting in a tree, S-U-C-K-I-N-G D-I-C-K F-O-R V-I-N-Y-L....

Eh, I'd rather keep the album.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

iostream.h posted:

Just so you know, the seething hatred you're feeling right now is coming from my general direction.
Nice find man.

Edit: Well drat, for some reason I was thinking they were all sold out, hot drat!

The version I got is sold out, though :smug:

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
What's the colouredest vinyl you got? Mine's this:

It's Discharge ‎– Realities Of War, Cherry Red Records pressing from 1984.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

probably my favorite is my copy of Old Man Gloom - NO

its "smoke vinyl"

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Two of my favorites:

Pyramids - Following the Tracks, Forcing Motion Through Phases

Awesome sky blue swirl pressing on paramnesia.

Pity Sex - Dark World

Driving pop-punk/emo with hot pink vein swirl on Run For Cover.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

david puddy posted:

The version I got is sold out, though :smug:

The Emperor would be proud of the hate flowing through me right now.

Ras Het posted:

What's the colouredest vinyl you got?
Recently posted but I'll jump at the chance to show it off again:

W. Germany pressing of Depeche Mode 'People Are People'

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
This isn't my picture, but the new album by Lorelei - Enterprising Sidewalks. It's clear with poo poo splatter, or chocolate milk if you want to be kinder.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

stay depressed posted:

Two of my favorites:

:siren:YOU TOUCHED THE PLAYING SURFACE!!!!:siren:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Does this count? If not, probably Hymn To The Immortal Wind by MONO:

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

CPL593H posted:

its like some sort of weird game of disc-based operation

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

WASDF posted:

its like some sort of weird game of disc-based operation

Yes, just picture my annoying high tone voice shouting this at you every time you get a finger print on an LP.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Detective Thompson posted:

Eh, I'd rather keep the album.

There are only a few things in life I'd suck a dick for

And a record ain't one of them

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CPL593H posted:

stay depressed posted:

I've been on the hunt for a couple classic Punk and Ska releases for awhile now and I'm proud to be able to post three new additions!

The Specials - S/T ('79)

Picked this up for a song down at the local record shop. So stoked to finally have it.

Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To gently caress 12" (UK Cherry Red, '81)

I've basically been hunting this down for the total rager of a B-side. Also one of my favorite runout etchings ever: (A) What a sucker you must be... (B) If you bought this record twice. Sorry for the weird photo. I was eating dinner and didn't want to wait to post!

Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia 12" (UK Cherry Red, '80)

This came with its other Cherry Red counterpart. Nothing special or interesting here just HiC and Police Truck (Great track!). Thrilled to take it on top of the others.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

my Caravel's S/T 7".

that's my weird orange leather mat under it.

edit: good news everyone

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/03/04/evanescences-fallen-gets-1st-pressing/

quote:

Fallen, the 2003 breakthrough album from Evanescence, will be pressed to vinyl for the first time and is now up for pre-order over at Wind-up Records. The album, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary, is available on purple vinyl, with the pressing listed as “limited.” More than 17 million copies of the album have been sold and it spent 104 weeks on the Billboard 200.

:psyduck:

alg fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 5, 2013

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

JehovahsWetness posted:

Drinking beer and digging through 45s in the comfort of my home is def worth it. Besides, it's old stock from a defunct jukebox place around here and was keerazy cheap so the odds of finding regional 45s is pretty good. I don't really care about getting over or anything. My goal is to find regional/unknown local stuff and that means dirty hands since nobody's gonna pull and sell it by itself.
Amen to that. I swore off grabbing lot collections a while ago but I miss having a huge pile of mystery in my house. Not like a thrift store won't take the dreck. Have a blast with that

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
I've only got a bunch of white vinyl and a Millions of Dead Cops picture disc. I've never been much for hunting down colour editions, allthough I do like them.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I have a bunch of splatter vinyl that's pretty colorful, but I'm not a huge fan of splatter. The best looking colored vinyl I have has to be The Saddest Landscape - After the lights on Pink/black pinwheel and Wife - Pipe Candy on half clear half bubblegum pinks. I've gone on record on this very thread about loving pink vinyl.

Sorry about the horrible picture quality. All I have is an iphone 3 and lovely lighting in my apartment. My pic REALLY doesn't do Pipe Candy justice.

I have the Drive soundtrack on hot pink already, so the mondo release just looks lame to me. Glad I decided to get the import because I'm not a fan of Tyler Stout and the jacket for Drive is not exception. My guess is there's going to be TONS of copies of Drive from mondo and anyone who tries to flip it and doesn't get the pink variant is going to be disappointed. Why else would it take them a year to release it? Right?

Right?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I just got a pretty hard-to-find 7" in the mail, maybe some of you post rock fans can appreciate it:

I wish I only paid $5.99 for it :negative:

I knew I'd buy one of these if I ever saw it go on sale. There are no entries for it on popsike, never seen a listing for it on eBay. I got it off Discogs (where there was previously no history), so pleased.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I don't know that band, but that looks like a sweet pick up dude.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Jakob's pretty cool, nice find. Apparently that 7" was limited to 200 copies, so I'm guessing you had to cough up a bit to grab that one.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

david puddy posted:

I just got a pretty hard-to-find 7" in the mail, maybe some of you post rock fans can appreciate it:

I wish I only paid $5.99 for it :negative:

I knew I'd buy one of these if I ever saw it go on sale. There are no entries for it on popsike, never seen a listing for it on eBay. I got it off Discogs (where there was previously no history), so pleased.

If it makes you feel any better, paying over the odds for an LP is infinitely better than selling it short. Or not buying it and then seeing what someone else thinks it's worth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170880776226?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
(That was offered quite openly for a much lower price to myself and others before ending up in that guys hands. I'm talking at least 1800 lower. Incidentally, check his for sales every so often if you're interested in massively OOP records, most are overpriced but some go cheap).

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Detective Thompson posted:

Jakob's pretty cool, nice find. Apparently that 7" was limited to 200 copies, so I'm guessing you had to cough up a bit to grab that one.

Yeah, I paid $75 for it, didn't even need to think twice. There was no way I was going to miss it, my Jakob collection is complete for now (their self titled 1999 CD release is even more impossible to find):

So excited for the pressings of their first two albums on vinyl later this year along with their new album.

The Clit Avoider posted:

If it makes you feel any better, paying over the odds for an LP is infinitely better than selling it short. Or not buying it and then seeing what someone else thinks it's worth:
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. The only other record I've bought without considering the price was Angus & Julia Stone's Down The Way for $80 and they've since shot up to $300+. Sometimes impulse buys are worth it in the long run, no way in hell I'd pay more than what I did for it.

The Clit Avoider posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170880776226?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
(That was offered quite openly for a much lower price to myself and others before ending up in that guys hands. I'm talking at least 1800 lower. Incidentally, check his for sales every so often if you're interested in massively OOP records, most are overpriced but some go cheap).
Thanks for the link, that is unfortunate that you missed out (but drat, $500+ is way too much for a record I think).

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
The most I've ever paid is $70 and I felt like a total rear end in a top hat for doing it. I felt like an even bigger piece of poo poo for spending $50 on a tape.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I have just started my collection. I saw a cheap turntable and 99 cent records at Goodwll, and thought, why not? Here's my pics:

JVC Turntable and Yamaha reciever courtesy of goodwill, grand total of $65.00

And Now, the collection:

The Trooper and No Rest For The Wicked courtesy of the local record store, Vintage Goodies in Venice.

I'm getting so muc enjoyment out of this.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 7, 2013

worthless insect
Aug 12, 2012

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

The most I've ever paid is $70 and I felt like a total rear end in a top hat for doing it. I felt like an even bigger piece of poo poo for spending $50 on a tape.

The most I've spent on a record was 60 bones. I kind of felt like an idiot for dropping so much cash but it is pretty rare. I had a rerelease of the record as well that I bought a day earlier for 20. I never saw an original on discogs and my buddy who has worked at record stores for like a decade had never seen a copy either. The Max Block kicks rear end and you should all listen to them by the way!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I *just* spent $70 on this:

Man Man - Six Demon Bag 2x10" /1000

No regrets.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
I sold a Sex Pistols record for $300 and used the money to buy a Flaming Lips record for $260 that wound up being reissued a few months later.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Surfingelectrode posted:

I sold a Sex Pistols record for $300 and used the money to buy a Flaming Lips record for $260 that wound up being reissued a few months later.

Chump.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Probably not my coolest looking album but this is the one I think is the ~prettiest~

e- Bonus flexi 7" from a local band, Herd of Wasters.. I love that in 2013 there are still bands putting out flexis :swoon:

Also, yes I have a Jane Doe slipmat, what of it?

7lip fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 7, 2013

Suit and Tie
May 19, 2009
Hey I live in Dunedin, NZ so all the talk about Jakob got me thinking.
If there is any NZ bands that have fans on here ,I can scour the local stores/gigs for any specific releases people are looking for.
I know I've seen several Jakob releases around town over the years so if I can help a Goon out I'd be glad to.

Currently on the local Ebay equivalent there are a couple of the label compilation Lp's containing Jakob tracks (for the completionists) for around $20

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I imagine NZ record stores having used bins full of Flying Nun releases and just buying them all :allears:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
If you could find any Chris Knox LPs, I'd like to know. I have absolutely no idea how much they'd cost but I'm guessing they're not cheap.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
This is probably my favourite coloured record I own.

Asunder - Works Will Come Undone

Also, another smoke vinyl checking in! The band name makes more sense, too. :smug:

ethan fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 7, 2013

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Suit and Tie posted:

Hey I live in Dunedin, NZ so all the talk about Jakob got me thinking.
If there is any NZ bands that have fans on here ,I can scour the local stores/gigs for any specific releases people are looking for.
I know I've seen several Jakob releases around town over the years so if I can help a Goon out I'd be glad to.

Currently on the local Ebay equivalent there are a couple of the label compilation Lp's containing Jakob tracks (for the completionists) for around $20

If you are talking about Coalescence and Effectuation, I have considered them before. If you happen to find a Graveface pressing of Solace, a copy of Erfo, or the self titled EP (which was released as a CD) for fairly cheap I'd be willing to buy it off you (the self titled CD I would consider paying a lot more for). I imagine postage to Australia can't be too bad right?

I also dig Kerretta but I think it'd probably just be easier for me to order their albums from Midium if I ever decide I need them.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Pretty good haul from a shop in Tuscaloosa (I'll throw up pics tomorrow, long lovely evening) but one of the most fun has turned out to be 'An Audio Obstacle Course - Trackibility Test Record for Stereo Cartridges' by Shure. Helps tune a bit, that's for sure.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

First AMOK, now this

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

At the Drive-In "Acrobtic Tenement"
New Delivery Estimate: April 02, 2013 - April 12, 2013

gently caress YOU AMAZON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I got the same for Bowie's new album, is this Amazon speak for "oops you're never getting it"? Or do they sometimes sort themselves out?