Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
wait, is games getting to be social justice warrior infested as well? when did that happen.

must just be the gay games I dont read the threads of or something

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

bradass87 posted:

wait, is games getting to be social justice warrior infested as well? when did that happen.

must just be the gay games I dont read the threads of or something

:smug:

Games has gotten better recently but it was bad a while ago. They've wanted gender sliders in games and had whole TERRIBLE threads about social justice and feminism in games.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Double post.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No joke. They're very not into anything that doesn't further a story or whatever. Like a game can't be a game.

This doesn't beat out my favorite current one where someone got all upset about hunting endangered animals in Far Cry 3.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
wahhhh I wanna jump over spikes and defy death but want the consequences of my failure to be sanitized to a network TV level wahhhhhhhh

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
Gamer goons are the worst goons

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

No joke. They're very not into anything that doesn't further a story or whatever. Like a game can't be a game.

This doesn't beat out my favorite current one where someone got all upset about hunting endangered animals in Far Cry 3.

The Far Cry 3 thread was bad for a while.
"Woh this game is fun! You can hunt animals, be stealthy, go loud, hunt artifacts, it rules! "

THIS GAME SUCKS ITS A RACIST DISPLAY! OF COURSE THE HERO IS WHITE, THE DEVELOPERS THINK MINOROTIES ARE TOO DUMB AND WEAK!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Waiting for somebody to make Mercenaries 3. Drop MOABs e'ryday.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The new Spec Ops is going to be free this month for PS Plus. poo poo yeah.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

The new Spec Ops is going to be free this month for PS Plus. poo poo yeah.

They made a sequel? I thought the whole idea of going upriver and getting off the boat meant never coming back.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Remember the minorities in games thread?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

Remember the minorities in games thread?

Yeah it turned out the people who adopt minority positions are some of the most hateful and vindictive people to ever post on an Internet forum. What a valuable experiment that thread was.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok seriously someone who was big into the making of Tomb Raider is treating this digital woman as if it's a very hated ex-girlfriend.

Game is good.

edit: Cool. 20 minutes in. At this point, if this were me IRL, I'd just shoot myself in the face. This game is hilarious.

bloops fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 5, 2013

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Love this.

Also lol if you read the games thread for it people call people nerds for not thinking the violence is bad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

looking forward to playing some fukken NS2 now that I'm back from a 3-day TDY that took 2 weeks

SneakySnake
Feb 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

GD_American posted:

wahhhh I wanna jump over spikes and defy death but want the consequences of my failure to be sanitized to a network TV level wahhhhhhhh

Whoa guy, not all of us got hardened up by a deployment spent filling radios in the TOC

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tomb Raider keeps crashing on me. It's endemic to Nvidia 600-series cards apparently.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SneakySnake posted:

Whoa guy, not all of us got hardened up by a deployment spent filling radios in the TOC

look fucker I saw things you wouldn't believe.

COMSEC inventories tossed over the shoulder of a butterbar. I watched ANCDs glow in the dark near the SINGCARs set. All those moments will be lost in time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What's the Straight Dope on SimCity? I never played the older games much and temporary login issues do not concern me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I liked the old games. The trailer for the new one made it look good, but obviously that's what it's for.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

look fucker I saw things you wouldn't believe.

COMSEC inventories tossed over the shoulder of a butterbar. I watched ANCDs glow in the dark near the SINGCARs set. All those moments will be lost in time

Time...to re-deploy.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Fallom posted:

What's the Straight Dope on SimCity? I never played the older games much and temporary login issues do not concern me.

My friends say it sucks fat dick. You have to login and the server suck, the cities are small, you can't bring disasters upon them, and you're super limited.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DRM nightmare. Requires a constant connection to the internet. Also super-Facebook gamey with the social interaction.

Pick up a copy of Simcity 2000, the best of the series. Or Simcity 4, which is pretty decent.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Or just play Civ IV BTS and say gently caress Sim games, the last good one they made was SimCopter.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
SimAnt supremacy!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Seriously, Simcopter loving owns and I will fight anyone irl who says otherwise

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
I made a Libertarian utopia for the SNES SimCity as an experiment. Place burned down after a while. gently caress you if you don't want to pay for a fire department :colbert:

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

gently caress you if you don't want to pay for a fire department :colbert:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Seriously, Simcopter loving owns and I will fight anyone irl who says otherwise

SimGolf motherfucker

SIM

loving

GOLF

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GD_American posted:

SimGolf motherfucker

SIM

loving

GOLF

gently caress yeah Sim Golf owned too.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fallom posted:

Liking it so far. I made a public game on US East 1 called Giptopia if y'all wanna come and draw a gigantic dick for our Great Works Project. My Origin name is OrphanGrinder.

e: Also, a firestation should be like the first thing you build because apparently people in this new Sim City love playing with matches.

psydude fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 6, 2013

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
May pull the trigger on Arma III if only for the mods that will come out.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFN8fkCnJE

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

Its a lot of fun Its way better and more like an FPS then ARMA2. Ill have Alpha 2 invites next week if anyone wants them.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

dubstep gaming videos are fully sick

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
My favorite arma 3 vid so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mESOTbEPs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fraser CDN posted:

Its a lot of fun Its way better and more like an FPS then ARMA2. Ill have Alpha 2 invites next week if anyone wants them.

I'm interested if you'd like to spare one my way.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm interested if you'd like to spare one my way.

Sure

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FraserCDN/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hit me up too, man, I'd def love to try it out.

• Locked thread