Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A couple more:

Cats Are Better Than Dogs vs. Fine

If I See Doug, I'm Going To Kick His rear end vs. Apparently Doug Is A Better Fighter Than I Thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The look on the cat lover's face is absolutely priceless.

Content: Darling, I Will Give You The Moon And The Stars vs. Giving Me The Moon And Stars Would Have Disastrous Effects On Our Galaxy

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

This is, and will always be, the best Onion article.

Though this one is a close second

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
Fun times are over.

Jesus christ. :smith:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

10 Most OMG Adorable Animals

I like how they don't even bother trying to justify putting Alan Alda in this time.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Rules Grammar Change

This is completely destroying my brain :psyduck:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
As Long As You're Smiling, Nothing Can Get You Down vs. This Shelter For Homeless AIDS Sufferers Has Been Defunded; Please Gather Your Things

Dammit Sad Kevin!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I love going to a comedy website and actually crying. Just love it. Maybe I'll go re-read that one piece they did about the guy realizing that his parents are getting old and one day will die. gently caress it.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

It could've been worse. I was expecting the last line to be about him eventually commiting suicide.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
U.S. Out Of My Uterus vs. We Must Deploy Troops To Jessica Linden's Uterus Immediately

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I thought that this one was funny. The joke is that at that age, the significance of everything is blown way out of proportion.

In addition to the Point/Counterpoint articles, I like the advice columns as well. Someone earlier posted the Ask An Elderly Black Woman As Depicted By A Sophomore Creative Writing Major, and some of the more bizarre have included Ask The Voice-Over From The Dukes Of Hazzard, Ask A Frat Brother Who Just Accidentally Drowned A Pledge During A Hazing Gone Horribly Awry, Ask A College Professor Having Trouble With The Audiovisual Equipment, and Ask A Man Who's Jowl-Deep In Phyllis Diller's Pussy.

I also like the latest infographic: Dr. Seuss' Lesser-Known Titles.

And here is a classic article: Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The best Point/Counterpoint. They both make compelling arguments!

Other contenders:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/duhim-stupid-vs-no-thats-not-me,11577/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/according-to-the-economist-nasa-is-an-industrial-s,11532/

quote:

Question: Do you think I'm smarter than everyone else because I read The Economist, or do I read The Economist because I'm smarter than everyone else? Now, there's a conundrum! I should mail that one in to The Economist and see what they think!

Lord Hydronium has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Mar 5, 2013

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Toad on a Hat posted:

Rules Grammar Change

Am I mistaken or is this German sentence structure (with two exceptions)?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Toad on a Hat posted:

Rules Grammar Change

Oh my God, this is the perfect way to troll an English major.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Brother Jonathan posted:

I thought that this one was funny. The joke is that at that age, the significance of everything is blown way out of proportion.

I see it more as trolling new parents who might freak out about screwing their kid up for life by doing something wrong.

My favorite all-time article is "NFL Star Thanks Jesus After Successful Double Homicide"

quote:

"First off, I'd like to say 'great job' to Isaac and Pamela, who put up a heck of a fight and have nothing to be ashamed of," Banks said. "They were terrific opponents, and it's too bad somebody had to lose a life. But the Lord Jesus Christ was truly with me Saturday night. He guided my hand when I was able to make that big hit on Isaac, and I really felt His presence when I stepped up and made that great slashing cut to bring Pamela down from behind."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

This one rings true:
Bodybuilder Extensively Explains Difference Between Bodybuilding, Weightlifting

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Intrusive Thoughts posted:

Oh my God, this is the perfect way to troll an English major.

Or, "An English major to troll the perfect way this is."

Malachi Constant posted:

I see it more as trolling new parents who might freak out about screwing their kid up for life by doing something wrong.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Girls Gone Wild Bankruptcy Forces Thousands Of Wet, Wild Party Girls Into Tough Job Market

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Headline With Words ‘HIV Baby’ In It Somehow Turns Out Okay

:unsmith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sad Kevin had a good night's sleep, but he couldn't help himself with that ending line.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Mescal posted:

In the ticker: "Biden Reportedly Saved Gov't $4,341.62 Over Weekend By Skipping Out On Hotel Bill"

e: Oh god, it gets better: "Romney Admits He No Longer Sees Difference Between Large Rats And Middle Class"

Hello Sailor has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Mar 5, 2013

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Mescal posted:

More or less. Anglo-Saxon and German are pretty close, linguistically.

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
I wonder if demonstrating the application of German sentence structure to English vocabulary would be a good way to teach German grammar to English speakers.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Recent, but good. Boyfriend Forced to Express Secondhand Outrage

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Hahaha goddamn the Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-unsure-if-hes-supposed-to-want-hugo-chave,31534/

This was literally my first thought when I heard the news.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Jesus loving christ

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I am part of the 99% in this article.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-99-of-human-beings-would-prefer-big-slobbery,31537/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ahaha, that ending.

Also just a head's up but one of the pieces they put up today has some NWS images in it. I won't say which one because it gives away the punchline but be forewarned.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Mitt Romney recently gave his first interview since the election, which included his thoughts on why he lost. This is the exact opposite of what he said, but seems much more accurate:
http://www.theonion.com/video/romney-blames-loss-on-successfully-communicating-h,31541/

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
This is the kind of one you won't REALLY understand till you are at least in your late 20s
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obnoxious-friend-wont-stop-attaining-major-life-mi,31528/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's a wonderful little Diamond Joe bit in the text pieces along the bottom, as well as,"Rodman reports North Korea dangerously close to making basketball team." :)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Onion has decided to piss people off in a way that's actually funny.

(Go to the articles to see the punchline, I ain't spoiling it)

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I hope they find this Gunman soon. I'm on the edge of my seat :ohdear: .

If a real shooting breaks out while this is happening it's going to be confusing as hell.

SwimmingSpider has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Mar 7, 2013

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Meanwhile, here's the Boston Globe blog's response to a recent Onion article. It's adorable. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Uncle Joe hosed up bad!"

The photoshop of a miserable Obama in his dressing gown smoking a cigarette as Joe is hauled away by the cops is a thing of beauty.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Jerusalem posted:

"Uncle Joe hosed up bad!"

The photoshop of a miserable Obama in his dressing gown smoking a cigarette as Joe is hauled away by the cops is a thing of beauty.

Every picture in that video is golden. Uncle Joe. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The end of the "Gunman" saga is pretty funny.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Shady New Wendy's Deal Offering Five Hamburgers For Free, No Questions Asked

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Let's Talk About How Fast I Can Run

I think this is a touching piece. The Onion really shows it´s competency in not always going with straight satire but instead simply just showing genuine heart.

VVV Exactly!

Konec Hry has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Mar 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Konec Hry posted:

Let's Talk About How Fast I Can Run

I think this is a touching piece. The Onion really shows it´s competency in not always going with straight satire but instead simply just showing genuine heart.
:unsmith: That last line is so :3:.