Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Just listened to Reality Show Show for the first time only because PFT was on it. It was great, and I'll give it another shot.

Someone more industrious than I am should either 3) start a podcast feed that will only serve up episodes of whatever Paul F. Tomkins is on; or Nose) Start a Paul F Tompkins thread where we can be constantly updated to new episodes of podcasts he appears on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

burmart posted:

Just listened to Reality Show Show for the first time only because PFT was on it. It was great, and I'll give it another shot.

Someone more industrious than I am should either 3) start a podcast feed that will only serve up episodes of whatever Paul F. Tomkins is on; or Nose) Start a Paul F Tompkins thread where we can be constantly updated to new episodes of podcasts he appears on.
http://trackpft.com/

e: Seems to have taken a break in updating since late 2012 though :(

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I picked up Sklarbro Country/County a couple months ago, but just recently started listening to some back episodes.

Holy poo poo, the Thomas Lennon-Matt Paxton (from Hoarders) episode is one of the funniest episodes of any podcast I've ever heard. I figured Dangle was funny away from Reno 911, but he is an amazing improviser and riffer. And Hoarders guy is funny, too! He's apparently a huge standup fan with a pretty hosed up past as a gambling addict.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.earwolf.com/radio

Is this relatively new? Sklars just tweeted the link.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
They've had the website up for awhile but only recently started using it. I think Jake Fogelnest and make Jeff Ulrich are streaming shows, taking callers ect.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

urk the quack posted:

They've had the website up for awhile but only recently started using it. I think Jake Fogelnest and make Jeff Ulrich are streaming shows, taking callers ect.

Sorry I haven't been responding much. Busy, busy, blah, blah.

We are doing a live episode of The reality SHOW show on Saturday at 11am PST. The best part, you can call in! Sean and Hayes are looking for callers.

347-514-WOLF

Listen on https://www.earwolf.com/radio

Have fun and stop patent trolls!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Not sure what we can do about the patent thing but I really hope you guys clobber them somehow. Wish I could squeeze them like a ripe leech.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Finally took the plunge and listened to the Reality Show Show. Thanks for nagging about it goons, since it hilarious!
A one-armed Bachelorette contestant, loving hell.

jeffullrich posted:

We are doing a live episode of The reality SHOW show on Saturday at 11am PST. The best part, you can call in! Sean and Hayes are looking for callers.

347-514-WOLF

Hey Jeff we had some Q's for you on the previous page. Mostly livestream related, you mind glossing over them real quick and settling some confusion we have? Thanks!

Basically, now that you're starting to get the hang of it, how is the schedule for the various shows in regards to being live and available on earwolf?
Does the wait between live on VPN and available on Earwolf have to be so long? The latest I4H is coming up on a week now, I don't think I can manage withdrawal that long man.

Also that first live CBB episode with Tom Lennon and folks, was the audio so bad it had to be pulled? You can't add it as an unlisted or something, I found it pretty good but never had the time to finish it.

How did the whole live stream come together by the way, any fun stories?
Big thanks for putting it up, watching the show live brings on a whole new level of entertainment from CBB. Listening to the podcast on the commute and then coming home to watch the video again is my new zen.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mozi posted:

Not sure what we can do about the patent thing but I really hope you guys clobber them somehow. Wish I could squeeze them like a ripe leech.

This is as good a thread as any to address this, so I'd like to remind you guys to go here to help take action. This link allows you to essentially send an excellent prewritten letter electronically to your representative to help prevent this patent problem.

All of the good will of writing your representatives with a few mouse clicks. Hard to beat that...

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This patent thing has been an issue in the software industry for years and hasn't been resolved. I'd love to think that now that the nascent podcasting industry is being affected that somehow this might lead to change, but I'm skeptical to say the least.

Patent reform seems like such an obvious common sense idea, but it continues to not happen because our government is broken.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Reality Show Show is simply amazing. I've binged through half the backlog in the last couple days.

The retro Tanks But No Tanks bit absolutely killed me. Kevin Smith going home was great too.

I don't watch any reality TV, but I can follow along just from what I've seen on The Soup. The fun of the podcast has very little to do with shows they watch anyway.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm still reeling from hearing that "Pete Rose: Hits and Mrs." and "Shoe Whores" were real, greenlighted shows.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm still reeling from hearing that "Pete Rose: Hits and Mrs." and "Shoe Whores" were real, greenlighted shows.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

jeffullrich posted:

347-514-WOLF

Is that just your show, or will there be other live stuff that takes calls?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Live video Improv 4 Humans starts in a couple of minutes: http://www.youtube.com/vpn

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Aww yeah it's live! Thank you being free on friday and insomnia, 3 am and ready for some Improv! :toot:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Three really great guests: Seth Morris, Brian Huskey and Paul Rust.

I can't wait to experience it live and not be at work.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

drat now I really want some sausage.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

drat now I really want some sausage.

Blane can read a phone book and I'd laugh.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Here's 2 I4H eps that got uploaded almost at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1zNPrGcKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vThlUUb3SCs

SMP
May 5, 2009

Those two are easily my favorite episodes of I4H of all time. Brian Huskey takes those scenes to some seriously weird places.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Awesome, thanks! Think I'll keepvid the newest live episode in case it's taken down until next Thursday.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Live Improv4Humans is the best thing to happen to Improv4Humans since Tebow joined the Jets

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It's so tempting to watch the next episode of I4H, but I like listening to the audio first. Sure I can just close my eyes or something, but then I won't have a new episode next week unless I do the same thing with the next video and and and

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Calling in to reality show show is fun.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nemo posted:

The Reality Show Show is simply amazing. I've binged through half the backlog in the last couple days.

The retro Tanks But No Tanks bit absolutely killed me. Kevin Smith going home was great too.

I don't watch any reality TV, but I can follow along just from what I've seen on The Soup. The fun of the podcast has very little to do with shows they watch anyway.

This is the exact same path I'm on right now, down to the episodes.

However, it did take me three episodes to figure out they were saying "Eliminated" and not "Lemonaded."

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 3, 2013

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

caligulamprey posted:

This is the exact same path I'm on right now, down to the episodes.

However, it did take me three episodes to figure out they were saying "Eliminated" and not "Lemonaded."

Laminated.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

caligulamprey posted:

They are saying Lemonaded at least some of the time. The description for episode 13 mentions them talking about a "lemonation" on Top Chef.

They're just making fun of how some reality stars pronounce the word.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Nemo posted:

They are saying Lemonaded at least some of the time. The description for episode 13 mentions them talking about a "lemonation" on Top Chef.

They're just making fun of how some reality stars pronounce the word.

Just got word that they'll be doing the show live every Saturday at 11am PST. Which is all kinds of exciting for me! I love those guys so much.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

Just got word that they'll be doing the show live every Saturday at 11am PST. Which is all kinds of exciting for me! I love those guys so much.
gently caress yeah! I forgot all about it this last one, happy to try again.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Oh bummer, they cut my call out of the recorded version of RSS.

Edit: NVM last call.

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 5, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love, love, love live Reality Show Show. Podcast just keeps on getting better.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is RSS this week just the audio of the live show, or is it all new?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is RSS this week just the audio of the live show, or is it all new?

Edited live show, the live show went on for a while longer. I'm not sure if that is going to be standard practice from now on, maybe just on weeks they don't have a guest. I'll take em any way I can get em, though the delay in the phone calls does make it a bit awkward.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What did they edit out? Anything good?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The latest ep of How Did This Get Made, with Kroll and talking about From Justin to Kelly, is amazing. Listen to it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

The latest ep of How Did This Get Made, with Kroll and talking about From Justin to Kelly, is amazing. Listen to it.

"Is this really the first time we've used 'wet blood fart' on this show?!"

Seriously it's one of the best, Jason revels in being the worst person in the world, Kroll is awesome as always, and the movie is so lovely it's stuffed with joke chances.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Yes it was great and I loved all the jokes about their ads at the beginning.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I really hope that someone eventually compiles all of Blackie Green's fake ads from Nerd Poker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Just a reminder, today's live streaming episode is a Who Charted? with PFT. Should be a good one, starts at 9 EST.