Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Opopanax posted:

I think that's Masterminds, or something similar to it. Some 90s teen hijinks movie

Looked more like something in the digital filming era. Masterminds had a small remote control car in the vents, this featured two full-sized Minis.

(that said, I have watched Masterminds several dozen times)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Matlock posted:

I was walking through a room today when a scene came on that had a guy that looked like Jason Mewes driving a dark red Mini Cooper via remote control (in what looked like a painted Xbox 360 controller!) through a mall while techno music blared. The Mini Cooper crashed through a wall into a room that had another, and he drove the second one out while the suitcase full of money in the first was thrown through a chute into a dump truck outside.

Looking at TVGuide, I see nothing that matches that description. :wtc:

Sounds like it could be 'Nobel Son'.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVM-97PRZvw&t=79s

It was. Weird.

The car chase looks wholly incongruous with the rest of the movie.

mercuryswitch
Oct 14, 2006

Everythings gonna be ok
There's a particular movie that my girlfriend saw as a little kid and she's been trying to figure out what it's called, or whether it exists at all.
from what she remembers the film involves a producer making a pitch for a sci-fi movie. She thinks she remembers Danny Devito being in it but we've checked every film he's acted in and couldn't find anything that resembled the movie she's thinking of.

Part of the the movie has a woman in a futuristic setting where insects are extinct and she has the last remaining butterfly. She also remembers minor details like vendors adding various drugs to drinks that make you feel specific desired emotions, as well as obesity being the beauty standard. She remembers this was a long part of the overall film that would then cut to the producer and the person making the pitch several times throughout the story. She thinks it was likely made anywhere from the mid-nineties to the early 00's.

Is she crazy or does such a movie exist? So far as I know she hadn't used any particularly illicit drugs at that point in her life...

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mercuryswitch posted:

There's a particular movie that my girlfriend saw as a little kid and she's been trying to figure out what it's called, or whether it exists at all.
from what she remembers the film involves a producer making a pitch for a sci-fi movie. She thinks she remembers Danny Devito being in it but we've checked every film he's acted in and couldn't find anything that resembled the movie she's thinking of.

Part of the the movie has a woman in a futuristic setting where insects are extinct and she has the last remaining butterfly. She also remembers minor details like vendors adding various drugs to drinks that make you feel specific desired emotions, as well as obesity being the beauty standard. She remembers this was a long part of the overall film that would then cut to the producer and the person making the pitch several times throughout the story. She thinks it was likely made anywhere from the mid-nineties to the early 00's.

Is she crazy or does such a movie exist? So far as I know she hadn't used any particularly illicit drugs at that point in her life...

This is Blade Runner.

Edit: however, it does not have the producer cuts you speak of, unless it was possibly a "Making of" feature on a laserdisc?

Edit again: I'm mixing Blade Runner, the source material, the directors cut, and wild fancy I think. Disregard this post.

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 4, 2013

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kaizoku posted:

This is Blade Runner.

Edit: however, it does not have the producer cuts you speak of, unless it was possibly a "Making of" feature on a laserdisc?

Uh, pretty much none of that happens in Blade Runner. Unless there is some jacked super-secret alternate TV edit that inserted all of that stuff.

mercuryswitch
Oct 14, 2006

Everythings gonna be ok

Origami Dali posted:

Uh, pretty much none of that happens in Blade Runner. Unless there is some jacked super-secret alternate TV edit that inserted all of that stuff.

Yeah, I ran it by her, definately not blade runner.

If there is a super-secret aternate tv edit with Danny Devito though please let me know, I would enjoy that a great deal.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This movie is on the tip of my tongue, and I'm pretty sure someone here will know what I'm talking about. I watched it on Netflix Instant but my history doesn't go back far enough.

This is a movie by, I think, a famous cult horror director, but I can't remember who. It's fairly recent, came out in the last or 3 or 4 years. I remember that it had one of the craziest openings and subsequent scenes I've ever seen. Not crazy as in great, just crazy as in unrelentingly random and impossible to follow. Basically it starts off at night, this dad in his house with his family, and I think he gets possessed by some sort of demon or killer or something, and attacks his family, and one of the kids survives and is taken in an ambulance, but then the kid in the ambulance is now possessed, and the ambulance blows up or something, and then things continue further. There were weird flashbacks and things we couldn't possibly understand going on. It was terrible. Ring any bells?

Propaganda Panda
Dec 26, 2010
Is that the one where there's runes or tatts on their body in the ambulance while the house is burning in the background?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

This movie is on the tip of my tongue, and I'm pretty sure someone here will know what I'm talking about. I watched it on Netflix Instant but my history doesn't go back far enough.

This is a movie by, I think, a famous cult horror director, but I can't remember who. It's fairly recent, came out in the last or 3 or 4 years. I remember that it had one of the craziest openings and subsequent scenes I've ever seen. Not crazy as in great, just crazy as in unrelentingly random and impossible to follow. Basically it starts off at night, this dad in his house with his family, and I think he gets possessed by some sort of demon or killer or something, and attacks his family, and one of the kids survives and is taken in an ambulance, but then the kid in the ambulance is now possessed, and the ambulance blows up or something, and then things continue further. There were weird flashbacks and things we couldn't possibly understand going on. It was terrible. Ring any bells?

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Origami Dali posted:

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take?

Yes sir! Thank you very much.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Here's one that's been bugging me for a while...
The characters are in a desert. I wanna say that there's one male, one female, the male's an Indiana Jonesy adventurer-type. Well at some point it turns out that the desert is actually the inside of an hourglass, I think a sinister mage-like figure who apparently owns said hourglass might have been revealed at the same time. And that's all I remember, maybe it ends there, maybe not.
Might have been an episode of some TV show just as well as a movie - I'm remembering just this fragment I saw in some hotel somewhere.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Here's one that's been bugging me for a while...
The characters are in a desert. I wanna say that there's one male, one female, the male's an Indiana Jonesy adventurer-type. Well at some point it turns out that the desert is actually the inside of an hourglass, I think a sinister mage-like figure who apparently owns said hourglass might have been revealed at the same time. And that's all I remember, maybe it ends there, maybe not.
Might have been an episode of some TV show just as well as a movie - I'm remembering just this fragment I saw in some hotel somewhere.

Doesn't quite sound like what you're looking for, but Owen Wilson's miniature cowboy character gets trapped in an hourglass in Night at the Museum 2.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Talking about "We're Back - A Dinosaur Story" was like eating a madeleine, releasing a tide of movies I had completely forgotten about like Prehysteria and this other one I can't put my finger on.

It's sort of a Home-Alone rip-off from what I remember, except its with a super-smart kid and he has a bunch of RC toys that he uses for everything. It's probably from the early 90s and I think starts some blond kid with glasses. The only scenes I kinda-remember is his mom getting mad and taking his toys away cause he uses them for mischief, and then way later on he gets his stuff back and uses his helicopter to steal a steak from one of the burglars. Then the burglars get into a fight thinking they ate each others food.

I think one of them is played by that goofy chubby Italian guy who was in a lot of 90s movies as criminals/gangsters like Eraser.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Talking about "We're Back - A Dinosaur Story" was like eating a madeleine, releasing a tide of movies I had completely forgotten about like Prehysteria and this other one I can't put my finger on.

It's sort of a Home-Alone rip-off from what I remember, except its with a super-smart kid and he has a bunch of RC toys that he uses for everything. It's probably from the early 90s and I think starts some blond kid with glasses. The only scenes I kinda-remember is his mom getting mad and taking his toys away cause he uses them for mischief, and then way later on he gets his stuff back and uses his helicopter to steal a steak from one of the burglars. Then the burglars get into a fight thinking they ate each others food.

I think one of them is played by that goofy chubby Italian guy who was in a lot of 90s movies as criminals/gangsters like Eraser.

It's a wild guess based on rich blond kid but was it Richie Rich?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Haven't seen it, but sounds like Remote.

quote:

Randy Mason (Chris Carrara) is a teenage tech whiz who lives in a suburban neighborhood located somewhere in the state of California with his mother Marti (Derya Ruggles) and his father Brent (who's away for the duration of the film on a business trip). Randy designs and uses remote controlled models as a hobby, as well as using the modified controllers for other purposes as well. After being set up by a bully Ben (Jordan Belfi) who uses one of Randy's models to wreck havoc on the school project of his friend Jamaal (Kenneth A. Brown) and getting the blame for it, Randy arrives home to hear Marti saying on the answering machine that she is gonna confiscate all of his models. Randy then decides to stash them at the model home which serves as his secret hideout. While hiding out there, He stumbles across three store robbers named Delbert McCoy (John Diehl), Louis (Tony Longo), and Louis' cousin Ritchie Marinelli (Stuart Fratkin). With the use of his remote control toys, as well as a little help from his captive friend and love interest Judy Riley (Jessica Bowman) an avid baseball player, Randy manages to apprehend the three fugitives.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

morestuff posted:

Haven't seen it, but sounds like Remote.

That's a bingo.

Thanks.

Checking the IMDB, the fat italian guy would be Tony Longo of The Last Boy Scout and Eraser. Looks like he's still getting work, recently having been in in forum favorite Foodfight!

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 7, 2013

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
When I went to see Django Unchained there was a trailer for some horror movie about a family and some ghost in their house or something. I was convinced throughout it was not actually a real movie and it was going to turn out to be a commercial for something else, but nope. It just had kind of a harebrained, condescending quality to it. Any ideas what that might have been?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The Time Dissolver posted:

When I went to see Django Unchained there was a trailer for some horror movie about a family and some ghost in their house or something. I was convinced throughout it was not actually a real movie and it was going to turn out to be a commercial for something else, but nope. It just had kind of a harebrained, condescending quality to it. Any ideas what that might have been?

Well, Scary Movie 5 is coming out soon. Did this trailer have Charlie Sheen?

Edit: It could also be The Conjuring, I suppose?

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 12, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

It's about aliens, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking of tbis Dark Skies trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8iLp1xQtPQ

Cause thats the very same reaction I had to it. It was just surreal, with me thinking there's no way this could be real after a line about getting their butts inside for an epic game of modern warfare.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

It's about aliens, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking of tbis Dark Skies trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8iLp1xQtPQ

Cause thats the very same reaction I had to it. It was just surreal, with me thinking there's no way this could be real after a line about getting their butts inside for an epic game of modern warfare.

I was just going to post I'd found it. Yeah, it was Dark Skies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The "epic game of Modern Warfare" line in the movie is a fakeout and a joke on the parents who know nothing about videogames.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
I saw this on TV, in Germany, some time in the (late) 1970s. It may have been a made-for-TV movie or a series pilot.

The plot centered around an innovation in scuba diving, perhaps a mechanism for avoiding the lengthy decompression after a deep dive. The invention involved a kind of valve implanted in a diver's neck, as well as special rebreathers (very sleek looking for the time). I think part of the system was contained in a kind of underwater sled. The good guys were the inventor and his team; on one of their dives they ran into the bad guys, which were either the military or a shady corporation. The good guys discovered that the baddies were trying to salvage some nerve gas containers from deep underwater. The bad guys used a small submarine with primitive claw-like manipulators, as you would find on a "hard" diving suit.

The main antagonist destroyed some of the good guys' hardware, but later turned against his employers. They tried to kill him by dropping water bombs on his sub, but he managed to catch one and blow up the baddies' ship (and himself) with it. End of movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The movie I'm thinking of was a made-for-tv Poltergeist rip-off, which seemed to be a dime a dozen in the early 90's. The one scene I can remember is of a couple in bed at night. They look out to their open bedroom door, which is bathed in moonlight, and there's a shadow of a man just standing there. They go out to check, but no one's there.

Another scene from a similar movie is the last one right before the credits roll. A woman is vacuuming and as the camera sneaks up behind her, you can hear whispering getting louder and louder.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Another scene from a similar movie is the last one right before the credits roll. A woman is vacuuming and as the camera sneaks up behind her, you can hear whispering getting louder and louder.

I've actually seen this movie more than once. That ending scene happens in the new house they've moved into, thinking they've left the angry ghosts behind. Another scene is the husband is pinned down and attacked by some old hag, and at one point they invite new agey Christian people to spread roses and holy water around but it doesn't work for long. I don't remember its name, but I remember it was directly based on a haunting covered in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. I think the even the same actors in the dramatization were used.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 14, 2013

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Neo Rasa posted:

I've actually seen this movie more than once. That ending scene happens in the new house they've moved into, thinking they've left the angry ghosts behind. Another scene is the husband is pinned down and attacked by some old hag, and at one point they invite new agey Christian people to spread roses and holy water around but it doesn't work for long. I don't remember its name, but I remember it was directly based on a haunting covered in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. I think the even the same actors in the dramatization were used.

Could it be The Haunted?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113269

Bili Rubin
Jun 29, 2005
In the late 90s I walked in on my parents watching some sort of (possibly) under water based movie where what looked like a man in an astronaut suit was on a rail and was pulled back into the ship, except the lower half of him was missing. A woman started screaming. I know there were several underwater based movies made in the late 80s, but I'm not sure which one it could be.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Deepstar 6?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bili Rubin posted:

In the late 90s I walked in on my parents watching some sort of (possibly) under water based movie where what looked like a man in an astronaut suit was on a rail and was pulled back into the ship, except the lower half of him was missing. A woman started screaming. I know there were several underwater based movies made in the late 80s, but I'm not sure which one it could be.

Sphere is set underwater and features a man being cut in half. Can't remember if he was in an astronaut suit during that scene, but they used them in the flick:

Plastic Mick
Feb 12, 2013

Stuck in the 80s
Here's a relatively difficult one.

I saw this twice as a kid, once in school and once on ABC (the Australian ABC).
I watched it in the early-mid 90s, but in retrospect it could have been made in the 80s.
It was one of those moral education videos about CFCs and the Greenhouse Effect.

Pretty boring, but here's the kicker.
The main character is a totally rad kid with a time-travelling hoverboard and a pet turtle.
He came from a future where the greenhouse effect and rampant use of spray cans and refrigerators meant that it was always humid and stormy.
There's also a middle-class, wasteful family involved.
They learn the evils of chlorofluorocarbons and climate change [until they forget, and Al Gore reminds them in the next millennium, evidently].

My memory of this is immensely hazy, and I can't remember if it was Australian or American made.
Nobody I know seems to remember it and I'm desperate to prove that it exists.
That kid was so rad.

Bili Rubin
Jun 29, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Deepstar 6?

After reading the synopsis on Wikipedia, I'm pretty sure this is it. Thanks.

GrunZicle
May 7, 2008
In the late 90s in school I saw a movie which I only remember a few tiny details from, but here goes anyway. There was a scene near the end where the (male) main character makes a 'finger gun' and says "put your hands up" (or something to that effect) in order to stop an attacker. The attacker starts to give in for a few seconds before looking down and seeing it's just a hand. This is the only part I remember clearly, but here are some other details that are fuzzier and possibly entirely inaccurate:

- The main character at one point sees a famous painting modified so that the subject of that painting is in their underwear.
- A portion of this movie might have taken place in a dream the main character is having.
- The movie was watched directly after Danny Kaye's The Court Jester. I seem to remember there was a reason for this pairing, though I have no idea what it might be. I've read the synopses of some other Danny Kaye movies but nothing sounds like this movie.

GrunZicle fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 18, 2013

Fistboy
Oct 24, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GrunZicle posted:

In the late 90s in school I saw a movie which I only remember a few tiny details from, but here goes anyway. There was a scene near the end where the (male) main character makes a 'finger gun' and says "put your hands up" (or something to that effect) in order to stop an attacker. The attacker starts to give in for a few seconds before looking down and seeing it's just a hand. This is the only part I remember clearly, but here are some other details that are fuzzier and possibly entirely inaccurate:

The finger gun sounds like a part from Real Men
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093828/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I saw this as a kid and completely forgot the name of it. It's some movie set in Alaska where this dude crashes his plane in a mountain, and his kids have to go and rescue him. I think there may have been a talking animal at one point? I may have just imagined that part, though.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
^ at first I thought that seemed like what I remember from seeing some of Anything to Survive starring Matt LeBlanc but after looking it up, it doesn't sound right...

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Chewy Bitems posted:

^ at first I thought that seemed like what I remember from seeing some of Anything to Survive starring Matt LeBlanc but after looking it up, it doesn't sound right...

Never mind, found it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_%28film%29

In retrospect, looking up "Alaska movie" shoulda been my first course of action.

GrunZicle
May 7, 2008

Fistboy posted:

The finger gun sounds like a part from Real Men
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093828/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

That's definitely not the movie I saw, thanks though!

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
When I was in history class in probably middle school we watched something I'm almost positive was about the Donner Party. The only scene I remember vividly is one where a guy gets an arrow through the hand and then gets it pulled out. This looked like an older movie but it was in color. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a documentary.

snickles
Mar 27, 2010
Looking for a movie I saw a few years ago. I believe it's Korean. The only thing I remember about it is a scene (possibly in a police station) in which a character has tissues sticking out of his nose. I don't think this was done for comedy and I don't even remember there being a rationale for this in the movie (in fact, I thinks it goes completely unnoticed by other characters). I originally thought it was a scene from Oldboy, but recently rewatched it and that scene did not appear. Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmateurHuman
Mar 20, 2013

There was a subtitled movie I saw once (Russian or Hungarian, I think) with these two girls in high school and they realize they want to be with each other. There was a depressing scene on a bus, one girl was named Enid or Ened and it was in black and white. At the end, they were kissing in the bathroom and then they walk off down the hall while all their classmates are clapping. It reminded me a little bit of that Tatu video. I saw this around 2002, I believe.