Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fintilgin posted:

Looks okay to me. :colbert:

Seriously, I didn't even know there was anything unusual about my thumb until my wife said she thought it was creepy. She thinks I'm purposefully trying to gross her out if I flex my thumb or steeple my fingers. I'm just stretching. :smith:

More like

:smug:

(okay I'm just jealous of your cool bendy super thumbs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I actually made my wife give me her hand so I could test bend her thumb to make sure she wasn't bullshitting me.

Then I called her a cripple.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Here's all the mods you need right here and how to install them.

http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

Thank you kindly!

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
And it's on! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

I'm in for $20, and I'm really curious to see how high it can go.

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
I guess I can sell a bunch of poo poo to put a pledge in.

In for $95 tier, plus $18 shipping. Time to put yo money where yo mouth is.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
$30,000 in 11 minutes, not bad!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So you're playing a creepy-rear end undead again? Huh.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
100,000 just passed, 1/9th of the way there. Pretty good.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

100,000 just passed, 1/9th of the way there. Pretty good.

Welp, any worries I had about them not making it are gone.

I'll probably go in for $50 or so when I get home.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I admit, I was going to take a wait-and-see stance, but when I saw there were only less than 2000 slots left on the 20 USD basic tier, I just had to go right then and there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

Possibly a golem. At least something resembling a vessel for a soul that has earned sentience.

Sounds cool, but I wonder if that means we're locked in character generation to a specific gender again.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I admit, I was going to take a wait-and-see stance, but when I saw there were only less than 2000 slots left on the 20 USD basic tier, I just had to go right then and there.

Opposite. They have spent 2000 slots and have 13000 left.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The only thing they need to worry about is whether or not it'll reach 1 million in less than 24 hours by the looks of it.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Yeah, this is going to be a good one.

Having read the pitch they really are doing as many things as possible right at the moment - there's a tonne of detail, an in-depth explanation of why now rather than later, even a message to Wasteland 2 backers to assuage their concerns specifically.

Also the information they're revealing really seems tailor made to appeal to me. The bastards.

Guess all there is to do now is figure out how much money I'm going to be parting with.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mordaedil posted:

Opposite. They have spent 2000 slots and have 13000 left.

Oh. poo poo. :downs: Eh, I don't think I would've been able to resist anyway. Might as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Megazver posted:

It does comes off sounding like a spiritual retread, but I like it and it's a good and tried, and yeah, cliche structure for telling an RPG story.

I'm not entirely certain what set off those tingling feelings, but listening to McComb's summary brought back memories of reading about golden age RPGs in late 90s, early 2000s. Whatever you guys did, Brother None, good job.

I really like some of the concept art as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo! Torment: Quantum Leap sounds like it could actually be pretty interesting. I'm a bit nervous to see how well or not it can be turned out.

Also, the muttered "I'm Gone" at the end of the pitch video was a nice little addition.

That concept art is beautiful. I don't know if you do this or not, but seriously give my regards to those artists.

Looking forward to seeing this campaign fleshed out; already fitted in a slot at the early backer tier just in case, we'll see what the future holds. Good luck, either way.

(haha, it'll get there)
Brother None, it's looking good. Good job so far, sir.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 6, 2013

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Gahhh... drat kickstarter, my past few months' bills were all abnormally large thanks to the kickstarter projects (don't worry I still have food on my table), and now another one pops up that I cannot resist... Unfortunately I can only back 125 for now, I hope the 250 tier won't run out by the time I get more funds...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
2/9th of the way there in, I think, under an hour?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
200,000 in less than an hour. Holy crap!

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I got in on the 20 dollar deal. There's a 45 dollar breakpoint where you get both this and Wasteland 2... Now I feel like I shouldn't have spent 50 dollars on the Wasteland 2 kickstarter... :/ Oh well should be good regardless.

edit: Oh I do get physical real world things to be shipped to me :)

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

theblackw0lf posted:

Yeah, I don't think they're going to have any problem reaching [and blowing away] their goal, which makes me happy. Now, where did I put my wallet...

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
When I started reading the pitch it was at $100,000. When I finished reading the pitch it was at $200,000 :stare:
Yeah, I think this game is going to get funded just fine.

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 6, 2013

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

In for the boxed collector's edition. This is gonna be the hardest wait ever.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

My first ever time pledging and I plunked in USD 45 for both Torment and Wasteland 2. Hopefully by release time I still have interest for video games, haha.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Schurik posted:

In for the boxed collector's edition. This is gonna be the hardest wait ever.
It looks great.

50% of the $95 tier (collector's edition) is already sold out.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GoldenNugget posted:

I got in on the 20 dollar deal. There's a 45 dollar breakpoint where you get both this and Wasteland 2... Now I feel like I shouldn't have spent 50 dollars on the Wasteland 2 kickstarter... :/ Oh well should be good regardless.

edit: Oh I do get physical real world things to be shipped to me :)

It's funny that the $45 tier gets you the two games, which at their cheapest individual price points would be more expensive.I guess it has to do with wasteland 2 already being funded or something? It's only five bucks, so it's nothing to get upset about (I'm not saying you, specifically, are upset), but it certainly was one of the first things that jumped out at me regarding the tier pricing. haha I'm loving dumb

Also, please don't do Abandonment: Daddy Issues. I've played all the Mass Effect games and you'll never be able to out -write or -produce their mastery of that single trope. :shepicide:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 6, 2013

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Hmm, I am probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but @brother none, with regard to the issue of keeping team member together, have you guys thought about opening up pre-orders for WL2 when it hits alpha stage, and those that pre-ordered (as well as backers ofc) can get access to the alpha?

Or having a limited areas and features worked out and let people pre-order access to the limited (possibly very limited) version of the game? That way you guys could get at least a trickle of consistent funding, I hope.

Just a thought, since I know the "easier" (or more corporate-sensible) way to handle down time between projects is to fire and rehire, but that does not help build team morale and I am so sick of this trend in the software industry.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Drifter posted:

Also, please don't do Abandonment: Daddy Issues. I've played all the Mass Effect games and you'll never be able to out -write or -produce their mastery of that single trope. :shepicide:

Actually the point is that someone could and with much less melodrama.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

While this is indeed awesome you have to remember that these Kickstarter projects seem to gather 80-90% of their funding during the first and last few days. They pretty much have to make it close to 1 million in 24 hours or so if they want achieve W2, or maybe even close to P:E, level of funding.

Zilkin fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 6, 2013

awesomepanda
Dec 26, 2005

The good life, as i concieve it, is a happy life.
Im going to call it now, Chris Avellone will be a stretch goal

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hey Twee as gently caress, you don't have PM, so I'm gonna ask here: the GiantBonb forums currently don't have a thread on Torment, would it be OK if I stole your OP to post it there? If not, would you be willing to post it there? WE NEED MORE VISIBILITY

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Zilkin posted:

They pretty much have to make it close to 1 million in 24 hours or so if they want achieve W2, or maybe even close to P:E, level of funding.

I'd say that's not outside the realm of possibility, given how much they've gotten in the first hour and a few minutes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Eh screw it, I was a bit hesitant, but I went in for $95 because this sounds pretty interesting and the Obsidian guys seem to all for it and I trust them. And geez is it filling up fast I'm sure Fargo and the gang are already busting out the streamers and balloons.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 6, 2013

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
What's the difference between the $95 and $110 levels? :confused:

VVVV Yeah, I guess that's it.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 6, 2013

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Tarquinn posted:

What's the difference between the $95 and $110 levels? :confused:

As I understand it it's just a limited supply thing, as in the earlier you pledge the less you pay.

awesomepanda
Dec 26, 2005

The good life, as i concieve it, is a happy life.
Has anyone read the numenera short stories yet on the monte cook site? http://www.numenera.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The-Amber-Monolith4.pdf

so far, if the quality of writing of torment approaches or surpasses this, i would be very very very content

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
The setting sounds extremely interesting and specially the role that the MC has in the story. I was kind of iffy about this when I heard they were planning a KS, but they have won me over with this setting.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Schurik posted:

Hey Twee as gently caress, you don't have PM, so I'm gonna ask here: the GiantBonb forums currently don't have a thread on Torment, would it be OK if I stole your OP to post it there? If not, would you be willing to post it there? WE NEED MORE VISIBILITY

Oh absolutely go ahead.

I am in the process of updating it, will post in a couple of hours but you should start the thread now and maybe update once I change the OP here

edit: nearly $400,000 already. Pretty loving impressive

edit: jesus christ it went up $5k between the time I posted the edit and pressed refresh :psyduck:

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 6, 2013

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Geek U.S.A. posted:

The setting sounds extremely interesting and specially the role that the MC has in the story. I was kind of iffy about this when I heard they were planning a KS, but they have won me over with this setting.

Same here. When I first heard about this I was pretty 'meh' about it, but everything I've heard since has increased my excitement levels. I really like the story tidbit they released with the Changing God and you being one of his many cast off bodies, seems very similar to the TNO and his countless forgotten lives. Certainly a good base to build intresting stories on.

Edit: Also I have to say that I really like the concept art they have shown us. Really like the style and 'mood' it has.

Zilkin fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think it's a super interesting concept and the art looks great, so I went for $20. I think it's cool to have an actual pen & paper writer be the creative lead. Looking at his Wiki page, he's also worked on Dark Sun and Ravenloft, so loving sold. I might be wrong, but it must've been at least a decade since that happened with an RPG? Either way, it at least speaks well for the writing.

• Locked thread