Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Fairy Princess posted:

But Lindsey told Annie to get the mail...

The way it's worded though tells me that she just told annie to get the mail. Not that it was for her. If it were, I would think the wording would be more like "Annie a letter has arrived for you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So assuming it actually is a love letter for either Annie or Kat, who could it possibly be from? There's what, two or three existing characters who aren't already paired off in the usual awkward middle school way (like Winsbury and Janet)? Unless it's a brand new character, it's got to be either Paz or Matt. Unless it's Reynard, which would be really awkward.

Good God why do I care about this so much?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 6, 2013

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Or Jack, doing his weird Jack things again. Seriously, what's up with that guy?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Niton posted:

Or Jack, doing his weird Jack things again. Seriously, what's up with that guy?

I really doubt it, since he's got a massive schoolboy crush on Zimmy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe it's from fish guy!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He's also arguably the least stable student we know of, Zimmy included. If Zimmy's repeated message of "gently caress off, arsehole" ever got through to him, he'd be right back to trying to get whatever it is he's looking for out of Annie.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Rasamune posted:

Tom just posted a preview of GUNNERKRIGG GAIDEN (not actually called that)

Is that the Kickstarter (or equivalent) thing?

I hope it is. I hope he makes a million loving dollars on it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Niton posted:

He's also arguably the least stable student we know of, Zimmy included. If Zimmy's repeated message of "gently caress off, arsehole" ever got through to him, he'd be right back to trying to get whatever it is he's looking for out of Annie.

How so? Aside from his (brainwashed into him a little) crush on Zimmy, he seems to be pretty well since they pulled the spider out.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I'll bet the letter is from witness bot.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

MikeJF posted:

How so? Aside from his (brainwashed into him a little) crush on Zimmy, he seems to be pretty well since they pulled the spider out.

To be honest, I forgot the plot point was that the spiders were entirely responsible :shobon:. Was right about him liking Annie before at least.

Thinking about it, though, I have to wonder if the spiders are really capable of changing a person's nature like that, or if Jack is just also kind of an rear end in a top hat to begin with, though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Niton posted:

Thinking about it, though, I have to wonder if the spiders are really capable of changing a person's nature like that, or if Jack is just also kind of an rear end in a top hat to begin with, though.

He's a teenage boy, of course he's kind of an rear end in a top hat.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Niton posted:

To be honest, I forgot the plot point was that the spiders were entirely responsible :shobon:. Was right about him liking Annie before at least.

Come on, do you think you could go like half a year without sleep without being kind of an rear end in a top hat?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Wait..I think I figured this out..

It's a love letter!~~

I'm getting this the first chance I can.

e: Thank you avatar fairy! Very clever.

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 6, 2013

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

MikeJF posted:

Maybe it's from fish guy!

Maybe it's from that weird bird guy Kat fell in love with in the first few chapters. Looks like he used a typewriter to peck out a message

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Rasamune posted:

Tom just posted a preview of GUNNERKRIGG GAIDEN (not actually called that)

:allears:

It's... it's so pretty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

idonotlikepeas posted:

Is that the Kickstarter (or equivalent) thing?

I hope it is. I hope he makes a million loving dollars on it.

There is a Gunnerkrigg Kickstarter-or-equivalent-thing? Why hasn't this thread talked about it yet?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cat Mattress posted:

There is a Gunnerkrigg Kickstarter-or-equivalent-thing? Why hasn't this thread talked about it yet?

Presumably because it doesn't actually exist. I know Tom has been interested in doing something or other on Kickstarter, but so far he hasn't announced anything.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Basically, Tom said once that he was interested in doing a side-comic and financing its publishing via a kickstarter-like mechanism, and I'm jumping to conclusions because I desperately want that to be what this is.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That image is just an uncolored page from a future chapter that Tom is working on, so probably will see it on the site in like two months.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Spoilers: Annie will be going to the forest.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Nah, it's not a Kickstarter at this point. I'm doing extra comics with stuff that doesn't fit into the story (like what Annie got up to while in the forest during the summer between books 3 and 4). Each comic will be available to read on-line, and eventually be collected into a book separate from the usual published ones. I'll probably do a little Kickstarter for the printing of that book but that is a while off, it looks like. I'll most likely print each side story as their own floppy comic too, which I hope to sell at cons, but I'll pay for the printing out of my own pocket.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Wow, I can't believe that soon we will be getting even more of this awesome comic. Thanks a lot!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe we've been in a Zimmy chapter this whole time.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Tea-san posted:

Nah, it's not a Kickstarter at this point. I'm doing extra comics with stuff that doesn't fit into the story (like what Annie got up to while in the forest during the summer between books 3 and 4). Each comic will be available to read on-line, and eventually be collected into a book separate from the usual published ones. I'll probably do a little Kickstarter for the printing of that book but that is a while off, it looks like. I'll most likely print each side story as their own floppy comic too, which I hope to sell at cons, but I'll pay for the printing out of my own pocket.

I hope this means we will be getting the unabridged version of the Teapot Event :allears:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Tea-san posted:

Any chance of putting some of those Coyote canvases up for sale or auction online?

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Love letter has to be from this dude:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1035
setting up a similar circumstance to Jeanne

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
How would an elf get access to computer paper :confused:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
It's from Parley! :syoon:

(no not really. I just really like Parley)

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

bouncyman posted:

Love letter has to be from this dude:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1035
setting up a similar circumstance to Jeanne
The elf dude braved the restrictions and found an old IBM PC with a dot matrix printer just to write her a love letter. :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Numero6 posted:

The elf dude braved the restrictions and found an old IBM PC with a dot matrix printer just to write her a love letter. :3:

Coulda been an Amstrad.

I want Gunnerkrigg to Kickstart something. I don't know what, I just want some reason to send Tom more money.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MikeJF posted:

Coulda been an Amstrad.

I want Gunnerkrigg to Kickstart something. I don't know what, I just want some reason to send Tom more money.
Maybe he found a diy Sinclair ZX81, instead. It's more discreet.

Crazedscot
May 1, 2007

I love you smug fox
I feel I should identify myself as another Gunnerkrigg goon, though I do nothing but lurk. I've been reading it since around the start of Chapter 9 and been hooked since.

So, hello.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Crazedscot posted:

I feel I should identify myself as another Gunnerkrigg goon, though I do nothing but lurk. I've been reading it since around the start of Chapter 9 and been hooked since.

So, hello.

You realize, of course, that you will soon find yourself announcing your Gunnerkrigg-goon-ness to the world thanks to the avatar fairy... :getin:

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Kennel posted:

Something like this?

Rey needs to like, slide in slowly from the side

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You realize, of course, that you will soon find yourself announcing your Gunnerkrigg-goon-ness to the world thanks to the avatar fairy... :getin:

Well, it seems like that happened awfully fast.

Arkady Fireovitch
Aug 20, 2010

I'm just happy to have you here with me.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Oh my bismuth, I got one too. Thank you avatar fairy.

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
Truly an etheric wizard they are.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Clearly the letter is from Kat's old boyfriend. It's hard to write without hands, but with a computer he can at least use the hunt-and-peck method.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
But if it's a letter to Kat, why is Annie alerted to the message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I'm thinking that the letter didn't actually have the recipient on it, so they just went with annie. Something like "Hey, Annie. There's mail addressed to your room here. doesn't say who. Can you come pick it up?"