Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Invalid Octopus posted:

I think I found rabbit guy's blog. At least, it's one guy with a rabbit in a stroller in this city.

I have a faint memory of being downtown near City Hall in Toronto and seeing a guy dressed in military fatigues pushing a stroller with a bunny in it... I'd forgotten about this until your post reminded me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The only reason you'd cross a boston with a pug is because you love to see eyes pop out of skulls. I've heard(and I don't know if it's true)That a big problem with pugs is how easily their eyes can pop out. Like if they're hit in the head a certain way, it'll cause their eyes to just pop right on out.

Also the person who bred them together must love terrible rancid dog farts. I swear to god my BT creates the worst farts in history. They have made me gag with their terrible smell.

Edit: Also they're audible. Like you can HEAR feldman make little poots, then a second later the stench hits you. :gonk:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Does he crop-dust the room? Every Boxer I've ever met has just loved to rip off a series of little toots as they walk through a room. Then when you tried to escape to another room they would trot after you with a put-put-put-put!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Shifty Pony posted:

Does he crop-dust the room? Every Boxer I've ever met has just loved to rip off a series of little toots as they walk through a room. Then when you tried to escape to another room they would trot after you with a put-put-put-put!

"Don't you like the presents I am giving you? DON'T RUN AWAY."

At least that seems like the boxer mentality.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Never had a boxer, but sounds like something Feldman would do. He's small enough that if you're letting him sit on your lap, he'll turn and fart in your face. :argh:

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I am a horrible manchild because I'm laughing my rear end off hearing about your dogs crop dusting...I think the only time star ever had horrible dog farts was around hunting season, because my dad would throw him deer leg's that still had bits of meat on it.

unfortunately for my dad, one time he was laying on the couch and star was laying next to him...star decided he wanted to walk elsewhere and let one rip in my dad's sleeping face.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

All this brings to mind is that one James Herriot story about Cedric - a Boxer with chronic flatulence. So it would seem Boxers have long been bred for crop-dusting.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Hello random nonsense thread still posting almost exclusively about dogs? Cool, cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdPJEAmTCU

Well, see ya.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

El Gar posted:

Hello random nonsense thread still posting almost exclusively about dogs? Cool, cool.

Well, see ya.

Rofl, the ending made me laugh out loud. Trophy is looking a little plump in that video, though. Wanna pinch dem cheeks.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

My cat is not fat but even if she were please don't fatcatshame.

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

El Gar posted:

Well, see ya.

You're so mean. I hope Trophy sits on your face and smothers you in your sleep.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

El Gar posted:

Well, see ya.

I've shared a few of these videos with my mom. She thinks Trophy is going to kill you in your sleep.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

El Gar posted:

Well, see ya.

This is the best video.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Bah, I'm disappointed. A couple moved into our building with a frenchie, and I was all like 'oh boy, a play mate for Feldman!' but it seems like he's got some aggression towards Feldman for some reason. I don't love the sound of his barks when feldman tries to play with him, and although I might have seen a bow, I don't know if it was a play bow or a 'come closer so I can bite you' bow or something.

I thought they'd be bffs forever :(

edit: Also I think he tried to shove Feldman's face in his mouth when Feldman went to greet his owner.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 7, 2013

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

El Gar posted:

Well, see ya.

How to Train Your Cat

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Hey so to punish me for dressing herself up Sarabi's hurt herself!

Actually the vet thinks the other cat in the house bit her. I believe it, though it's pretty out of character for him, they don't interact much and have never so much as hissed. She must have slipped upstairs and tried to steal his food out from under his nose or something? I DON'T KNOW. Anyway, I guess it wasn't too bad because I didn't notice it at first (I am worst cat owner) and then it abscessed. So Monday night when the abscesses opened we went down to the vet. They looked but she was in too much pain/too upset for handling so yesterday morning she went in for sedation and got it cleaned up. She's been in and out of an e-collar since then, but she sort of shuts down when she's collared so I've had to take it off at night so she could use the litterbox.

I've been feeling terrible about it.

This morning I think I slept too late and her pain meds had worn off. She had crazy zoomies and was twitchy and agitated, running around and knocking things over, very unlike her. As I got up she jumped onto my bed... And just stopped and pooped on one of my pillows. Just while I was right there and everything. I was just...flabbergasted. I grabbed it and cleaned it up and when I got back she'd done THE EXACT SAME THING to the other pillow. What the gently caress. All my bedding is being washed now. I put her e-collar on her and gave her her pain meds and she calmed down a little. She's still twitchy and I can tell she's uncomfortable. I feel sad for her and it just be awful but STILL. WTF :catstare:

Here she is misusing her e-collar:

And here is a photo that shows her shaved off tail, which I think is hilarious, but I'm :nws: tagging it because you can see some of the puncture wounds.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/lwruOPJ.jpg :nws:

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

It must be awful to feel weird and sore and stoned and not know why it's all happening :(

I found this awesome video of Pomeranian sled-dogs, just wanted to share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtXYmaodIgE

There's a middle-aged Malamute in my local shelter now and my work schedule combined with my boyfriend's schedule is actually pretty ideal, but he won't let me go get her :(

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Fat Dio posted:

It must be awful to feel weird and sore and stoned and not know why it's all happening :(

I found this awesome video of Pomeranian sled-dogs, just wanted to share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtXYmaodIgE

There's a middle-aged Malamute in my local shelter now and my work schedule combined with my boyfriend's schedule is actually pretty ideal, but he won't let me go get her :(

That video is so fantastic. Thank you sharing! :lol:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

After I switched the cats to Kat-N-Flocken, Nibbler would sit in my lap and get all comfy and happy, and then audibly cut one. At first I assumed it was just from switching foods, so I decided to wait it out. Those farts were loving rank, easily as bad as Husker's used to be.

Now that they're on Merrick BG, no more nasty cat farts. Yay!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Drum posted:

All this brings to mind is that one James Herriot story about Cedric - a Boxer with chronic flatulence. So it would seem Boxers have long been bred for crop-dusting.

They really are. I was petting a friend's boxer but got distracted and stopped, and she turned her head towards me and went to huff in displeasure. Instead *brap* came from the other end. That's one way to make sure nobody dares stop petting you! :stonk:

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
holy crap that video just made up for the last 4 hours I've had to spend watching my uncle get drunk and driving him around to various local bars as he bitched about stuff. Thank you. I demand a team of Poms to run the Iditerod...somehow..some way. Love how the black ones are the 'pullers' and the one creamy is the musher. Oh god. :3: And the music! I want to meet those owners and hug them.And dogs.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
One of our dogs is half boxer, and I can confirm the farting gene. She goes about the house without shame, farting audibly the most rancid, awful farts imaginable. I think any kind of excessive movement triggers the farts. Running, playing, jumping, barking. All accompanied by farts.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

One in a while I have someone over and they rarely comment that Buttercup seems intimidating but I'm not seeing it myself.

and he slowed down my routine tonight by occupying all the space.

Last week he had a bit of an adventure going to get his vaccinations updated. There were a few dogs there who then realized there were dogs there and started a chain up and down going, "bark bark bark" and, "bark bark bark" which with BC in his carrier was just enough to freak him out a little and he stress puked in his carrier. After his ordeal he got some time outside on his harness and just circled a tree with a birds nest for about twenty minutes.

Also if I don't make my lap available to him he makes it on his own. He climbs up my couch and over my chair to get in that position. I'm glad I don't have to deal with catfarts but he seems to be terrified of the litterbox after he poops. He'll fly up the stairs or climb the chair and stick his head in the window and yowl a little.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I think the best part about Star farting, was it happened so rarely, it would always startle him because of the sudden noise coming from so close to him, and he'd start barking thinking something other then his colon was making the noise.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

InEscape posted:

Hey so to punish me for dressing herself up Sarabi's hurt herself!

Poor Sarabi. Don't feel so bad for not noticing straight away; we can't stare at pets 24/7 in case they hurt themselves. At least she got her vengeance by crapping on your bed :haw:

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up

InEscape posted:

Sarabi e-collar hate

Two of my cats have been coned recently and both acted like I was murdering them, but I found the clear cones were easier for them to adjust to. The only big downside was they couldn't figure out how to eat with them on, but they were good to go for litterbox and water fountain.

I cannot stop laughing that she poo poo on your pillow. That's for the superman costume; that was the line you crossed.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Vecna's starting to look a lot like his dad, just leggier

Since we moved to America he's discovered yelling is fun

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Big Al is now 6 lbs lighter.

He spent the next 6 hours blissfully rubbing against everything. Its like if you spent 10 months out of the year wearing the same sweater (or 5 sweaters) nonstop then taking it off.

Windsor is about 20 lbs smaller than I thought he was even though I only took ~2-3 lbs of wool off of him.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

On the subject of crop-dusting Boxers...

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
Yo dogladies crufts is streaming http://www.crufts.org.uk/

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Woah wait crufts is today?

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Yup, four days of it with BIS on Sunday. Terriers being judged now~

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Is it being shown on TV anywhere?

And are these the BOBs for terriers?

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Fraction posted:

Is it being shown on TV anywhere?

And are these the BOBs for terriers?

I think it's just being streamed on youtube this year - BBC don't show it any more because of all the Pedigree Dogs Exposed dramz.

Yeah, we'll get Terrier and Hound BOB tonight.

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

I had to call in to work today, I'm going to have to take Badger, my rat out to my breeder to be put down and necropsied. His brother is going with and will be staying there. I've developed a very bad rat allergy and won't get any more rats. It's not fair to Arthur to be a single rat especially when I can't give him the attention he deserves. He'll probably go live with his brothers from the same litter that still live with their breeder. I've had Rats for nearly 5 years now, going to be very strange to not have any here.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Anyone have good suggestions for thick rope leashes (like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ruffwear-Knot...ords=rope+leash)? I'd like one but I don't want to pay 30 bucks for it or buy a cheap lovely one that immediately snaps.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

wtftastic posted:

Anyone have good suggestions for thick rope leashes (like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ruffwear-Knot...ords=rope+leash)? I'd like one but I don't want to pay 30 bucks for it or buy a cheap lovely one that immediately snaps.

I've been rocking a Kong rope leash for eight months now with no issues, but this is with a Pom. At least it's cheaper?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I've been rocking a Kong rope leash for eight months now with no issues, but this is with a Pom. At least it's cheaper?

I assume kong products should be durable. I'm just looking for a new leash that feels nicer in my hand so any suggestions are good.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

notsowelp posted:

I think it's just being streamed on youtube this year - BBC don't show it any more because of all the Pedigree Dogs Exposed dramz.

Yeah, we'll get Terrier and Hound BOB tonight.

The stream hates me and is constantly error messaging.

At least I can watch about an hour behind on More4 apparently :v:

SuperTwo posted:

I had to call in to work today, I'm going to have to take Badger, my rat out to my breeder to be put down and necropsied. His brother is going with and will be staying there. I've developed a very bad rat allergy and won't get any more rats. It's not fair to Arthur to be a single rat especially when I can't give him the attention he deserves. He'll probably go live with his brothers from the same litter that still live with their breeder. I've had Rats for nearly 5 years now, going to be very strange to not have any here.

Man that sucks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

wtftastic posted:

I assume kong products should be durable. I'm just looking for a new leash that feels nicer in my hand so any suggestions are good.
Mendota leashes are really nice.

• Locked thread