Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Will the rest of the days start early to make up for lost time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
The debutants showing up England. Nice.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think this game might have been fixed.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Will the rest of the days start early to make up for lost time?

Yeah, 98 overs per day until the end. Essentially, additional chance of rain aside, a whole session will be regained over 4 days.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quality twenty20 score there lads and lol at new zealand not being able to chase it down.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Sehwag dropped for 3rd and 4th test. He was dropped from ODIs earlier. Don't really see him making a comeback after this. He's been woefully out of form for 2 years. Call him what you will, but there aren't too many people around who can score 300 in a day

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

serious gaylord posted:

Quality twenty20 score there lads and lol at new zealand not being able to chase it down.

Yes I had a good lol at New Zealand being 30 runs behind with ten wickets in hand.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yes I had a good lol at New Zealand being 30 runs behind with ten wickets in hand.

They still won't win

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Anarkii posted:

Sehwag dropped for 3rd and 4th test. He was dropped from ODIs earlier. Don't really see him making a comeback after this. He's been woefully out of form for 2 years. Call him what you will, but there aren't too many people around who can score 300 in a day

Do you have a link? If this is true, that's wonderful news. Sehwag is the epitome of the "Maharaja" who's in because of politics, populism and reputation. Can't field, too fat to run between the wicket, and holding back better players who would be playing in any normal cricketing country. BCCI poo poo-heads aside, I wish India well, and glad to see them heading in the right direction. One down, Harbajahn, Tendulkar and Dhoni to go. Kohli for captain and they might even be likeable.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Cricinfo front page http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/623876.html

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

"Sehwag should not have been dropped. It gives Australia a chance to attack our top order. Sehwag should play in the middle order" - comments. comments. commenst. cjicomem. cooeerme

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
England - worse than Australia?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

fuckpot posted:

England - worse than Australia?

Lets not go nuts, anastabrother.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No, because we're better than India.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I love it how England are just toying with them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I think England are just being very thoughtful, allowing the minnows to enjoy some of the glory for a change.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Honestly I think we lose the odd game on purpose to keep test cricket alive in minnow countries.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

thehappyprince posted:

Honestly I think we lose the odd game on purpose to keep test cricket alive in minnow countries. replace lost IPL earnings with match fixing earnings.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

where is the gif of the guy getting smacked in the head?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

please don't post gore in my thread

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Welp, no more posting about this test match then.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/21696229

quote:

"England didn't respect the game," said Vaughan on Test Match Special. "They took the mickey out of Mr Cricket.

They had a go at Hussey too? :wth:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
What a spectacular summer for pathetic cricket. Who can forget Bell's golden duck? SA's 5 runouts? Phil Hughes...? And now there is this. What will the rest of the year bring? :frogbon:

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Can somebody explain to me why England folding up in the First Test of an away series is even surprising any more? This was mostly pathetic because of how inevitable it was.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ilanin posted:

Can somebody explain to me why England folding up in the First Test of an away series is even surprising any more? This was mostly pathetic because of how inevitable it was.

Mainly because they were bowled out by one of the worst bowling attacks ever fielded on a road.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Mainly because they were bowled out by one of the worst bowling attacks ever fielded on a road.

We're playing the ashes already????

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ilanin posted:

I don't think racking up 1-517 counts as "folding up".

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

RideTheSpiral posted:

We have a handy seam attack. :ssh:

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Cocksmith posted:

I don't think racking up 1-517 counts as "folding up".

You apparently missed losing 6 wickets for 63 runs (on a pitch they subsequently scored 517-1 on...) in the first innings.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

We have a handy seam attack. :ssh:

Possibly. I haven't seen much of them. If you were to make a team from a combined AUS/NZ squad who would be in it?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Can't wait for Big Stuey Broad to come on and obliterate these wankers.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
England chirping away to the batsmen, forgot the score and that this isn't the first morning of the test match.

welp: it worked. good work Two-Metre Peter.

Minitrue fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 7, 2013

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ilanin posted:

You apparently missed losing 6 wickets for 63 runs (on a pitch they subsequently scored 517-1 on...) in the first innings.

That's not really uncommon, half of those 6 wickets were bowlers anyway.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Good work by Anderson there. Gave him a bit of chirp and he poo poo himself.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i'm watching wreck it ralph have we won yet?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Not yet, the Kiwis are using stalling tactics.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

those stinkers. wreck it ralph is pretty fun

i'm also reviewing films in my thread to keep it gold.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Jimmy Anderson is throwing an Australian level tantrum.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
That is some bruise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Got em right where we want them.

• Locked thread