Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Demicol posted:

They patched the elite-boost abuse. There's now a 10 minute cooldown on them.

I wonder if that'll make a difference in gold influx? I.E. how much was this being abused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Velveteen posted:

If you go over 500 hours you stop being able to buff yourself, pick up motes, bandage, crystalbind etc etc. Do not go overboard.

Well not exactly 500 but if you spam it a lot.

Confirming this. On another note, how do I get rid of them?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Phosphia posted:

Confirming this. On another note, how do I get rid of them?

If you mess up and get too many the only way is to afk and get rid of the hours in real time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thievery posted:

Yeah it's all about the broker.

I keep finding a bug with my Slayer which I find hilarious. If you overhand strike on a target but hit a terrain hiccup mid swing, your guy will just hop up in the air a little then as he lands the enemy takes the overhand damage.

It's pretty great to just bunnyhop someone to death.

Careful with that one. You'll be knocked down if you take damage while in a jumping animation.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Velveteen posted:

If you mess up and get too many the only way is to afk and get rid of the hours in real time.

This bad, very bad.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
You could probably have it fixed by support, but who knows what other actions they'll take. :v:

Vvvv: Just multibox a healer, all problems solved!

Eigo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 7, 2013

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Eigo posted:

You could probably have it fixed by support, but who knows what other actions they'll take. :v:

I didn't like self buffs, mystic motes, bandages, crystalbinds or potions anyway.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
I've got my warrior to 29 and i'm feeling kinda underwhelmed. maybe I should try another class?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Shoobis posted:

I've got my warrior to 29 and i'm feeling kinda underwhelmed. maybe I should try another class?

Try them all. The classes in Tera are very different from each other.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 7, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Warrior just does less DPS than any other melee class until max level.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

And even then.
(MCHM Queen with 4 warriors takes 10 minutes, but 5 minutes with 4 zerkers. Warriors might have been bad though.)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I think it's because of their PVP power with the mobility and chain stunning? Either way it sucks!

Speaking of sucks, I just noticed the server my warrior is on has no high level stuff. The top on the tradebroker is Abyss. Most of it is Victor and Deathstain.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 7, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Too bad I suck at PVP with my Warrior :(
Slayer is much more fun to DPS with so pretty much the only thing left to do on my Warrior is tank.

^^ Abyss is good enough for 99% of PVE content, and you should buy Regent/Fraywind directly from MCHM/BG people.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Sorry I meant to say nexus! There is one nexus weapon and no armor!

Nexus grind for me.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 7, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Carecat posted:

It's 55k for the only Abyss weapon and there is no Abyss armor :toot:

Make a level 20 alt, give it all your money, buy something that's cheap on another server and expensive on yours, transfer back with another level 20 alt. Repeat until you have absurd amounts of cash.

Abyss weapons are 8-12k for popular classes and half that for healers/archers on MT.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No server transfers!

I found this really nice guide for endgame that is also up to date! http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 7, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Are there any splits in the levelling path guys? Is it always going through Velika -> Lumbertown -> Poporia/Popolion and into Chebika?

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

My god, it's full of Booze!
As far as I can tell the leveling paths are very set. So yes, it will be exactly how you said. But it might get better 40+ (though I doubt it as I remember reading that the zones follow the story quests pretty much 1:1.)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Carecat posted:

I found this really nice guide for endgame that is also up to date! http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/

This is extremely useful for new lv 60s and should be put in the OP.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I got kind of cocky and decided to turn area chat back on on my level 47 dude and it was all good. Then I go and play my alt and I get someone explaining that he's a hebophile (???) not a pedophile and that he knows the laws and now I feel like I should shower and contact the authorities.

I really like the gameplay in this game but the playerbase is reaally making me wish it was different game.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Its really strange how I haven't seen anything like that in the EU version. At most people use Area chat to ask for groups or whine about PK's and I have had it always on. I did turn off the global chat at around level 20 because people were just really stupid. Maybe Europeans are just not so weird/creepy by nature.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kuvo posted:

This is extremely useful for new lv 60s and should be put in the OP.

Done~

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Demicol posted:

Its really strange how I haven't seen anything like that in the EU version. At most people use Area chat to ask for groups or whine about PK's and I have had it always on. I did turn off the global chat at around level 20 because people were just really stupid. Maybe Europeans are just not so weird/creepy by nature.
Most of the EU chat I've seen is just people repeating an "X first mmo" meme over and over and over and over and over.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Carecat posted:

Warrior just does less DPS than any other melee class until max level.

According to the class forum on Tera's site, warriors will "soon" get assault/defensive stance 3. The assault stance giving a boost to dps. Of course that's if it actually happens, and if the other dps don't also get a bump at the same time.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Decided to give Tera a try after it went F2P, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Got a berserker at 42 which is a lot of fun, but I also tried sorcerer, and I can't get the hang of it. It seems that trying to kite mobs just ends in aggroing everything around me and getting killed. Am I just a really bad player?

Also, another question: I'm noticing my bank starting to fill up, but I don't really know what I should save and what I could just sell off. I've got a lot of different runes, will these be nice to have if/when I decide to level my crafting, or are they all so cheap there's no point in having them taking up my inventory space?

Question Mark Mound posted:

Most of the EU chat I've seen is just people repeating an "X first mmo" meme over and over and over and over and over.
This, also "I like hentai". Nothing really weird though, just stupid people and lots of different languages (even though it's supposedly an English server).

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

tyblazitar posted:

Decided to give Tera a try after it went F2P, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Got a berserker at 42 which is a lot of fun, but I also tried sorcerer, and I can't get the hang of it. It seems that trying to kite mobs just ends in aggroing everything around me and getting killed. Am I just a really bad player?

You don't really kite in this game. You mostly look for attack wind ups and circle around the enemy to dodge since it generally doesn't turn once the move starts

I never got really far as a sorc but as I understand it the fighting is more about dumping all of your mana into damage as fast as possible before the enemy has a chance to do much damage

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Decided to check the game out again now that it's F2P (briefly tried it in beta).

I made a Castanic Warrior and things seem pretty cool so far. One of the random voiceclips during attacks sounds a whole lot like the classic "SEGA!" voiceclip, though!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I have sorcerer and what I do is agro a large group of mobs, run away for bit then turn around and start casting the big AoE fire thingy you get pretty early on, I think before you get to go to Sinistral Manor, then just backstep a lot while casting other stuff. Sometimes this leads to me accidentally running into even more mobs and dying.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That undead Popori boss in the Manor is a pain in the arse with just two people. What a backache of a fight.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

KaneTW posted:

And even then.
(MCHM Queen with 4 warriors takes 10 minutes, but 5 minutes with 4 zerkers. Warriors might have been bad though.)

Warriors are something that fall off in efficiency for every warrior in the party. Their debuffs add a large amount of damage for other members, but if they're under geared or there's more warriors it doesn't work out.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Flipswitch posted:

That undead Popori boss in the Manor is a pain in the arse with just two people. What a backache of a fight.

Dungeons designed for five players are difficult with only two?! Cancelling my sub.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Nechronic posted:

Dungeons designed for five players are difficult with only two?! Cancelling my sub.

Actually, most bosses can be soloed. The boss he is talking about has a crapload of health and not much else, so I imagine trying to kill him with 2 is more an exercise in grinding than actually hard.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eigo posted:

Warriors are something that fall off in efficiency for every warrior in the party. Their debuffs add a large amount of damage for other members, but if they're under geared or there's more warriors it doesn't work out.

Yeah. Scythe is supposed to counter that but it can only do so much.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I can't believe this worked.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Just started playing today, got a lvl 19 Slayer who seems a fun class so far. I'm assuming the main guild is full (at 300 memebers when I did a search for it) so applied to the overflow guild as well. I'd heard there is a weeklong cool-down between leaving and joining another guild is that correct?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nechronic posted:

I didn't say it was difficult, just a ballache and takes pretty drat long. Nice try though.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Grobbit posted:

Just started playing today, got a lvl 19 Slayer who seems a fun class so far. I'm assuming the main guild is full (at 300 memebers when I did a search for it) so applied to the overflow guild as well. I'd heard there is a weeklong cool-down between leaving and joining another guild is that correct?

Yes and no. There is a cool down, but it start when you join the guild.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Goons! Get to 60 and get geared and enjoy the funnest dungeon currently in Tera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmlJBGOkaS4

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Velveteen posted:

Goons! Get to 60 and get geared and enjoy the funnest dungeon currently in Tera!

Did you guys manage to beat her yesterday? My connection dropped, but it probably would have been my last attempt anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Velveteen posted:

Do you have a set time where you run dungeons or something? I still need to run pretty much all of the lv 60 ones.

• Locked thread