Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Hit me up too, man, I'd def love to try it out.

k Ill message you guys on the 14th when they come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

May pull the trigger on Arma III if only for the mods that will come out.

I mods are anything like Arma 2 i'm all over it, I'vebeen playing ACE for years

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
The stock game has quite a lot of the new features that were "new" in ACE. I bet they are going to make ARMA3 ACE. If anyone wants an invite on the 14th the Alpha invites come out and there should be plenty floating around in the ARMA3 thread.

Also they have already imported ARMA2 and OA map's to ARMA3.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
I've never played vanilla Arma II or any of the available mods except DayZ(fun while it lasted), but is there a mod that is like insurgents vs counterinsurgents? Like, one side or the other gets a 'mission'(convoy, patrol this village, attack this PB or whatever) and the other side has to set up to counter this mission(or maybe they have no knowledge of it and set up to do something else). It seems like Arma II would be perfect for this sort of thing and the idea sounds fun to me.

I think that JIEDDO had some sort of mod like this set up using a game that looked like Arma II for IED training.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Veins McGee posted:

I've never played vanilla Arma II or any of the available mods except DayZ(fun while it lasted), but is there a mod that is like insurgents vs counterinsurgents? Like, one side or the other gets a 'mission'(convoy, patrol this village, attack this PB or whatever) and the other side has to set up to counter this mission(or maybe they have no knowledge of it and set up to do something else). It seems like Arma II would be perfect for this sort of thing and the idea sounds fun to me.

I think that JIEDDO had some sort of mod like this set up using a game that looked like Arma II for IED training.

At least you could get your virtual CAR.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

At least you could get your virtual CAR.

Yeah, that would be cool.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Man, gently caress the last boss of MGR. He's incredibly awesome but I spent like two hours last night unsuccessfully. It could also be that I was super loving tired and my reflexes were dogshit.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

When arma 3 hits I'm going to be setting up a server with legit missions ect, nothing to serious but some hardcore fun, if anyone is interested hit me up and I'll make a list.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That will be a golden opportunity for AIDS CURES FAGGOTS and Godholio to provide comprehensive C2 coverage.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

This is the video that sold me :)

i gotta protect the paint

holocaust bloopers posted:

That will be a golden opportunity for AIDS CURES FAGGOTS and Godholio to provide comprehensive C2 coverage.

We'll make it ultra realistic and cook chicken nuggets while dicking up a picture call.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

We'll make it ultra realistic and cook chicken nuggets while dicking up a picture call.

Why don't we do Battlefield 3 nights anymore :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BF3 sucked, sorry. BC2 was 10 times more fun.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

You shut your whore mouth.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

We need to circle the wagons and get this going again very soon. Last time it turned out so well :unsmith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

psydude posted:

Liking it so far. I made a public game on US East 1 called Giptopia if y'all wanna come and draw a gigantic dick for our Great Works Project. My Origin name is OrphanGrinder.

e: Also, a firestation should be like the first thing you build because apparently people in this new Sim City love playing with matches.

As much as I complain, I will still likely bitch out and buy it eventually.

Server load as bad as advertised?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wish I had some means to control the temperature of your house to gently caress with you just like in the old days.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

look at how bad this opinion is

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wish I had some means to control the temperature of your house to gently caress with you just like in the old days.

I've still got 4" of snow in the yard, no worries.

Edit: I assume there's no air war, so I guess HDI's got the scope and I'm on nugget duty.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

genderstomper58 posted:

look at how bad this opinion is

This post signifies a shared opinion between posters Moker and myself.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Veins McGee posted:

It probably was Arma II. The game itself was ported from the simulation that the military built; we used it to do route clearance stuff at the engineer school.

GD_American posted:

As much as I complain, I will still likely bitch out and buy it eventually.

Server load as bad as advertised?

I think they legitimately forgot to design their authentication application for load balancing, so like a handful of servers were getting hammered with requests. They took them down for emergency patching yesterday; I didn't play at all last night.

People bitching about the small city sizes are really just looking for excuses; I'm having a blast so far (when I can play). In a week or two when they un-gently caress their datacenter or their application, it'll be fun.

psydude fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 7, 2013

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

This post signifies a shared opinion between posters Moker and myself.

No King Carl automatically made BF3 worse, sorry you've got bad opinions.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
goons always hate the newest game its really weird

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

genderstomper58 posted:

Hey hey hey, these are transitions lenses not rose tinted and its bright out ok....

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Steezo posted:

Hey hey hey, these are transitions lenses not rose tinted and its bright out ok....

the gustav was p fun tho

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

genderstomper58 posted:

That's funny, everyone was gay for D3 for the first week until it made loving CNN that it sucked.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Is endgame out for BF3? :eyepop:

e: nm its not gay

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Spent almost 10 hours yesterday letting origin, BF3, and the 2 DLCs download. gently caress my internet.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

Man, gently caress the last boss of MGR. He's incredibly awesome but I spent like two hours last night unsuccessfully. It could also be that I was super loving tired and my reflexes were dogshit.

I spent about two hours on him but the time I managed to kill him I didn't take any damage. It was that crazy time of drunkeness where everything just kinda flows together.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

genderstomper58 posted:

Is endgame out for BF3? :eyepop:

e: nm its not gay

I just remembered I haven't even tried aftermath yet D:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

I just remembered I haven't even tried aftermath yet D:

I liked the maps, nothing else really but worth a look for those imo

CQ still the best by far, but I think endgame has super tier 1 dirtbikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0O-DCQJeo

hahaha holy poo poo the dropship and dirtbikes gonna own

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 7, 2013

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Godholio posted:

Spent almost 10 hours yesterday letting origin, BF3, and the 2 DLCs download. gently caress my internet.

10 hours? consider yourself lucky.

took me a total of 3 days :(

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Argh the thermal paste I put on my PS3 was apparently only a temporary fix. Gamestop wants $209 for a used one, kiss my rear end.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

psydude posted:

It probably was Arma II. The game itself was ported from the simulation that the military built; we used it to do route clearance stuff at the engineer school.

I think they legitimately forgot to design their authentication application for load balancing, so like a handful of servers were getting hammered with requests. They took them down for emergency patching yesterday; I didn't play at all last night.

People bitching about the small city sizes are really just looking for excuses; I'm having a blast so far (when I can play). In a week or two when they un-gently caress their datacenter or their application, it'll be fun.

how small exactly are they?

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

GD_American posted:

how small exactly are they?

2 kmsq ingame size

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

IDR posted:

2 kmsq ingame size

Eek. that is kinda small. That's barely 3/4 of a square mile.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DrCuntmuffins posted:

10 hours? consider yourself lucky.

took me a total of 3 days :(

Are you on loving Mars?

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Argh the thermal paste I put on my PS3 was apparently only a temporary fix. Gamestop wants $209 for a used one, kiss my rear end.

Cant you go buy one at one of the twenty-seven local pawn shops or are you not on active duty anymore?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Defleshed posted:

Cant you go buy one at one of the twenty-seven local pawn shops or are you not on active duty anymore?

Honkey I've been off active for over two years. I will look at a pawnshop though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought Simcity 4 yesterday and it's pretty dope. I was just playing on the tutorial map and it's already like 4x the size of the maps in the new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Threw 4 hours at last boss of MGR over two days, couldn't beat him.

Went back a chapter, farmed 5 health thingies.

First attempt with 5 health thingies, bring him from 200->10 and stayed above 70% of health on the first goddamn tank.

gently caress you, game.

• Locked thread