Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lethargy is also a symptom/side effect of diabetes, which is probably the most sensible answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Maybe he lost a lot of blood from stabbing himself during the commercial break.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If anyone is around, Stern is up and on twitter replying to people

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/stern_for_fallon_4Gzp0igNAdNQ8RvXN2Y6pN

Seems to be a lot of hearsay, but makes some sense with the current state of the show.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
There have been rumors of him taking a Larry King style job at CNN. Howard himself alluded to it a few weeks ago.

In other news, Beff Stern has blocked me on twitter because I asked for advice on how best to put my dog down "because he's a real hassle in the mornings."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

There have been rumors of him taking a Larry King style job at CNN. Howard himself alluded to it a few weeks ago.

Howard has people to plant these rumors. He's been doing it since the '90s. But hey, I thought the talent-show thing was BS, too. Who knows? :shrug:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Manifest posted:

In other news, Beff Stern has blocked me on twitter because I asked for advice on how best to put my dog down "because he's a real hassle in the mornings."

I love this.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Manifest posted:

His wife is British.

In other news, Jackie was on The Artie Lange Show, and it's actually great.
$1000 says Howard doesn't mention it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGMNWKT5wfY

I thought this was a great watch.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
A little video of the enigma that is the Bocchetti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5CKlaSVX4

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Manifest posted:

:hf:

poo poo like this is going to make me sign up for twitter one day.

Then immediately get banned for it. Do they even ban for trolling?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GenoCanSing posted:

Donald Trump still has his account.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

GenoCanSing posted:

people can, but not the service. I guess unless you go all Adolf on there or something.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

people can, but not the service. I guess unless you go all Adolf on there or something.

Twitter has removed accounts from people from time to time, but you gotta be bordering on harassing or threatening.

Also Bocchetti is great, funny dude and looks like a blast to hang around.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kragger99 posted:

A little video of the enigma that is the Bocchetti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5CKlaSVX4

I never realized how creepy looking the twins are.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

Geekslinger posted:

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/stern_for_fallon_4Gzp0igNAdNQ8RvXN2Y6pN

Seems to be a lot of hearsay, but makes some sense with the current state of the show.

If Leno still has good rating why kick him out again?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
They want to cultivate a younger late night audience, I think I read the average Jay Leno viewer is like 55 years old.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

They want to cultivate a younger late night audience, I think I read the average Jay Leno viewer is like 55 years old.

But so was the average Carson viewer and he was on for decades. Although I guess there was less cable and obviously no online alternative.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah, plus I think Howard's audience skews older too, we're a long way from the '92 MTV awards.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Eric the Midget blocked me on twitter for wishing him happy birthday. Apparently it wasnt actually his birthday that day.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

jerkstore77 posted:

Eric the Midget blocked me on twitter for wishing him happy birthday. Apparently it wasnt actually his birthday that day.

A completely blockable offense.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm listening to Stern's interview of Mark Cuban from a few days ago. It was a great listen, Mark is a funny guy who just says whatever is on his mind. The funniest part, though, was Stern pretending that he's completely oblivious to the ways of the super-rich. "So you have more than one home?! How do you handle getting supplies and food and stuff?"

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

haljordan posted:

I'm listening to Stern's interview of Mark Cuban from a few days ago. It was a great listen, Mark is a funny guy who just says whatever is on his mind. The funniest part, though, was Stern pretending that he's completely oblivious to the ways of the super-rich. "So you have more than one home?! How do you handle getting supplies and food and stuff?"

I expected to hate the Mark Cuban interview, because he's always come across as kind of a douche to me, but he was good.
I loved the story about Donald Trump being so petty as to send him a letter telling Cuban that his show failed because it sucked.

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
Howard has three years left on his contract and there's not much chance he'd try to juggle that with a nightly television show. By the time he's done, he'll be 62.

Excepting all that, there's no way in hell he'd accept Fallon's 12:30 slot over the 11:30 chair. His ego wouldn't allow for it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Manifest posted:

I expected to hate the Mark Cuban interview, because he's always come across as kind of a douche to me, but he was good.
I loved the story about Donald Trump being so petty as to send him a letter telling Cuban that his show failed because it sucked.

Also the part about Mark getting Magic Johnson kicked off of a flight one time because he had that crazy $140,000 airline pass that let him fly at anytime anywhere.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Manifest posted:

And of course Trump completely reinforced that image when he called into the show the next day to bash on Cuban and his comments.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008

-Atom- posted:

So I was watching Big Fish on Netflix last night and I'm sure most of you know this, but the original Big Foot has a role in the film. This then prompted me to look at his Wikipedia, which eventually led me to the wack pack section on the Howard Stern show.

I then proceed to read just about every little tidbit about Hank because he was before my time in listening to the show but I loved all the clips I had heard.

What a weird coincidence.

Haha that's funny, I just had this same reaction a week ago when I rewatched House of 1,000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Howard has three years left on his contract and there's not much chance he'd try to juggle that with a nightly television show. By the time he's done, he'll be 62.

Excepting all that, there's no way in hell he'd accept Fallon's 12:30 slot over the 11:30 chair. His ego wouldn't allow for it.

Fallon records his show at 5pm in NY. Howard not having to get up at 4am anymore is probably a huge plus for him. If he is in talks with NBC they could easily pay out the remainder of his contract to Sirius, especially considering they threw 30 million at Conan.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Geekslinger posted:

Fallon records his show at 5pm in NY. Howard not having to get up at 4am anymore is probably a huge plus for him. If he is in talks with NBC they could easily pay out the remainder of his contract to Sirius, especially considering they threw 30 million at Conan.

But what would a Howard Stern Late Night really look like? Is he going to rely on the grossout humor that might upset the censors or be outdated and full of stereotypes? Is he going to expect the Wack Pack to come on and humiliate themselves? Is he going to have serious interviews for actors expecting fluff to promote their latest venture?

I just don't see this working for a variety of reasons. The only way I could see it working is if it was a more modern version of Tom Snyder's Tomorrow Show where it's a in-depth interview-type program.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I could easily see him accepting the new role of "Mature Howard". Shedding the wack pack and the strippers for nothing except Carson-esque interviews and bits. He knows his diehard fans will stick with him no matter what and AGT has shown (as far as I'm concerned) that Howard craves more mainstream approval. So a chance to show the middle-America housewives that "big bad" Howard Stern is really just a nice guy with a beautiful wife and an rear end-load of pets would suit Mature Howard just fine.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

In the past, Howard always said that he avoided hosting a late-night talk show because he knew his limitations and knew when something he was doing would succeed or fail. I've been a faithful radio listener, but I can't believe that HS taking over the Late Show wouldn't fail. Then again, isn't the magic of that time slot that it's fairly low pressure with minimal competition?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well, he has 46 million listeners, so if like only %10 of them show up, he should have a hit late night show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So if Stern gets his show in NBC, I will really hope the execs at NBC decide his ratings aren't right and then replace him with Leno. That would send Howard off the deep end and we may get good radio again.

And yes I will put on my tin foil hat here but I wonder if the all the baby talk from Beth is encouraging his work haibts. The radio show, AGT, and no a possible TV show. The last time he worked that hard he got divorced. He seems like the type avoid personal issues by keeping himself buy outside the home.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

Geekslinger posted:

But it has always been an option at Sirius to do the show whenever he liked. He could start the show at 10am if he wanted but he likes his schedule. He has done it his whole life and he doesn't like change. Many of the staff have said how they hate that the show tapes so early and they would love to do it later but it's Howard's decision.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Here's Howard with his two new judge buddies on AGT:
http://www.eonline.com/news/394328/...-365-topstories

(A friend of mine took these photos, whoo!)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

There is a guy at my gym who I swear could be Howard's brother. He looks almost EXACTLY like him, but with short grey hair and big rear end glasses. If it weren't creepy as gently caress to take pictures of someone in a gym I'd probably post them here.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

haljordan posted:

There is a guy at my gym who I swear could be Howard's brother. He looks almost EXACTLY like him, but with short grey hair and big rear end glasses. If it weren't creepy as gently caress to take pictures of someone in a gym I'd probably post them here.

Was his rear end in a top hat all hanging out?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

Was his rear end in a top hat all hanging out?

I have yet to see him in the locker room, so I can neither confirm nor deny his rear end in a top hat status.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

haljordan posted:

Maybe he's that look-alike guy that they had in the studio a year or so back ago.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Well, he has 46 million listeners, so if like only %10 of them show up, he should have a hit late night show.
I dunno how well the mediums cross over though. I listen to the radio show daily but had zero interest in watching him on AGT. I would imagine that it would be like people said earlier - that he'd be looking to capture an entirely new/different audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sasquatch! posted:

I dunno how well the mediums cross over though. I listen to the radio show daily but had zero interest in watching him on AGT. I would imagine that it would be like people said earlier - that he'd be looking to capture an entirely new/different audience.

I can't blame the dude, out there are millions of people who think he is funny and cool. His radio audience mainly just torments him.