Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Hamish is the most inbred sounding name in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Quanta posted:

Hamish is the most inbred sounding name in existence.

James Anderson account spotted.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Block off between Trott and Williamson is getting tasty. Williamson is currently edging it with a incredible strike rate of 6.45 but as we all know, the Mighty Trotty can scratch away with the best of them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh and Kane has blown it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Surely Mcullam should have gone in and tried to win the match or something.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

if only this was In Form Broad instead of Stuart Broad

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

if only this was In Form Broad instead of Stuart Broad

Theres an inform broad?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

:woop: :woop: :woop:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I just wish we'd picked a spinner for the test instead of this really slow trundler.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone listening to TMS and knows who Geoff Boycott is currently blaming for all this?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Immigrants, probably. I dunno, its Boycott, no one really listens to what he says, we just laugh at the way he says it.

Besides, you should be listening to Test Match Sofa.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

serious gaylord posted:

I just wish we'd picked a spinner for the test instead of this really slow trundler.

you wanna watch your mouth son

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

This is the problem with teams like New Zealand, you see. They get in a winning position, but it's so rare for them that they don't know what to do. This is why they'll never be world number 1, or win a World Cup, or win The Ashes.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember seeing England VS East Germany in the 1990 Ashes Final.

Best day of my life. A Kiwi will never experience that euphoria. A tragedy.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Hamish is rapidly closing in on Shane Watson's century tally.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

If New Zealand get a draw I think they'll consider it a real victory for their tiny little minnowy island.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Yo NZ people, now that Rutherford has a century on debut, are you ready for a career of frustration and disappointment?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

You guys like Panesar ironically, right?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I can't remember if I do or don't. Dropping Samit has turned out to be folly anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's like a Spaniel.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

eat all of the poo poo in the world haters

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ball of the century

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Samit-esque

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

yeah it was a poor shot wasn't it

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

what the

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Some unplayable leg stump darts here.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress the way you Poms are going on in this thread you'd think your team was winning. God you lot are a pack of snarky bastards

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

You Am I posted:

gently caress the way you Poms are going on in this thread you'd think your team was winning. God you lot are a pack of snarky bastards

I think you'll find we invented the game and were #1 in the world for a few days last year so we can say what we want.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

We are winning. It's not our fault you don't know it yet.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

A lot of envy in this thread. Just sit back and watch the masters at play. Much like Bane, the England team will give New Zealand hope and then break them without mercy.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

When we win will the OP be updated to reflect our cricketing prowess?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

You Am I posted:

Mate, we've been down for so long, give us a break.

Besides, I don't think we're winning, not this test. If NZ last the day, they'll have a 300 lead with 2 days left. That's an almost guaranteed win.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

England have a monopoly on cricket prowess, so doing so would be a lie.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I do wonder whether there have been some shenanigans with the heavy roller. This pitch seems suspiciously flat. Do we have cameras situated on the wicket throughout lunch and other breaks does anyone know?

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Paul Collingwood is such a cretin.

"They've got a great, great bowling attack...Starc, Mitchell"

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lionel RichTea posted:

I do wonder whether there have been some shenanigans with the heavy roller. This pitch seems suspiciously flat. Do we have cameras situated on the wicket throughout lunch and other breaks does anyone know?

They must have flattened out the lump that troubled our lads.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Quanta posted:

Paul Collingwood is such a cretin.

"They've got a great, great bowling attack...Starc, Mitchell"

Current or recently retired players are always the most inane pundits and commentators. Give me Bob Willis any day. Basically an old man who doesn't give a poo poo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lionel RichTea posted:

Current or recently retired players are always the most inane pundits and commentators. Give me Bob Willis any day. Basically an old man who doesn't give a poo poo.

The other day Matthew Hayden described spin as: "there can be a small amount of spin, or a lot... of amount."

:negative:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hayden is classic. People documented some of his gems here http://www.kingcricket.co.uk/the-gospel-according-to-haydos/2009/08/02/, I sometimes go back to it for a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Jeans what a poo poo ball to get a wicket with. Finn-esque that

• Locked thread