Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
Arma 3 seems a bit too buggy for me right now. In multiplayer my dude keeps on shouting commands at random. Plus it looks like my PC may be a little too old for the good settings. In the meantime, we need to get our BF3 back on :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

Arma 3 seems a bit too buggy for me right now. In multiplayer my dude keeps on shouting commands at random. Plus it looks like my PC may be a little too old for the good settings. In the meantime, we need to get our BF3 back on :getin:

Am I retarded or when u try to look down your red dot does it just zoom in on the screen lol

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

genderstomper58 posted:

Am I retarded or when u try to look down your red dot does it just zoom in on the screen lol

Either we are both retarded or we have the same problem lol

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Either we are both retarded or we have the same problem lol

what is the point of that its so loving stupid i mean this is supposed to be a milsim sperg game right why cant you aim down the sight :|

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

genderstomper58 posted:

what is the point of that its so loving stupid i mean this is supposed to be a milsim sperg game right why cant you aim down the sight :|

It's an alpha brah

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

genderstomper58 posted:

There's so many buttons maybe we need to press [CTRL]+[prim mouse button]+[NumLock] all at the same time or something.
:shepface:

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

It's an alpha brah

I guess we should be happy we can even connect :unsmith:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

It's an alpha brah

im pretty sure arma II was the same way though (dunno never played) so it might be a """"""feature"""""" is what im sayin

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

There's so many buttons maybe we need to press [CTRL]+[prim mouse button]+[NumLock] all at the same time or something.
:shepface:

yeah man i think we like JUST SHOOT PEOPLE games too much for this nonsense :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Threw 4 hours at last boss of MGR over two days, couldn't beat him.

Went back a chapter, farmed 5 health thingies.

First attempt with 5 health thingies, bring him from 200->10 and stayed above 70% of health on the first goddamn tank.

gently caress you, game.

Last boss is kind of an rear end in a top hat. What difficulty are you playing on?

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

genderstomper58 posted:

yeah man i think we like JUST SHOOT PEOPLE games too much for this nonsense :smith:

going to have to agree with you :cripes:

I'll give it another chance when it is out of alpha. Until then it's gonna be BF3.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

genderstomper58 posted:

im pretty sure arma II was the same way though (dunno never played) so it might be a """"""feature"""""" is what im sayin

Now that I think about it, default "look down sight" may have been some convoluted awkward button press in Arma II. So yes there was a zoom in, aim, and zoom+aim. Lol

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Last boss is kind of an rear end in a top hat. What difficulty are you playing on?

My first playthrough was on Hard. Probably going to do a NG+ on maybe normal or something to gently caress around with the red sword and get some S-ranks maybe. I have no desire to punch myself in the balls repeatedly by playing on VH/revengenace difficulty.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Now that I think about it, default "look down sight" may have been some convoluted awkward button press in Arma II. So yes there was a zoom in, aim, and zoom+aim. Lol

Jesus christ lol

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

genderstomper58 posted:

Jesus christ lol

I am starting to regret my purchase just a lil

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

I am starting to regret my purchase just a lil

I wish you could like put it in FPS LOVING RETARD MODE and it would just be normal so you could shoot people in the face

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm downloading arma III now this is a huge mistake isn't it

edit: apparently it might be that holding right mouse zooms you in and if you just want to bring your sights up you need to just click right mouse instead of holding it down.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
It's fun but you need to un stupid the controls and NEVER EVER GET INVOLVED WITH THE ARMA COMMUNITY except to download mods.

You know those kids who wear $2,000 of real kit to airsoft matches? They talk, and sperg, and scream, and cry about this game.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

genderstomper58 posted:

I wish you could like put it in FPS LOVING RETARD MODE and it would just be normal so you could shoot people in the face

We'd probably get yelled at by airsoft warriors for suggesting that.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

I'm downloading arma III now this is a huge mistake isn't it

edit: apparently it might be that holding right mouse zooms you in and if you just want to bring your sights up you need to just click right mouse instead of holding it down.

hahahah yeah youre right :negative:

We'd probably get yelled at by airsoft warriors for suggesting that.

:(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There are ArmA outfits that are so spergy that they have real, honest to god patches made and detailed rank structures that requires proper addressing. Like they do everything they possibly can to include the loving SINCGARS/TACSAT beeps when they talk on teamspeak.

When DayZ was super popular last summer we invaded an outfit's public TS server. They had a dude get super loving mad at us because he was a Warrant Officer 4 in their group and demanded to be addressed as chief. I opened my mic and laughed so loving hard I started to cough and wheeze while the dude frantically fumbled with ban controls.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

1) I had no idea SC5 was out yet.
2) Someone please tell me when SC5 is worth a poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You know those kids who wear $2,000 of real kit to airsoft matches? They talk, and sperg, and scream, and cry about this game.

I will never understand why someone would pay out the rear end to wear heavy, uncomfortable gear for fun.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can someone please copy/link these games post about feminism and hunting endangered animals and everything else presumably hilarious please?

I played BF3 for a week on Pc but then just stopped completely. That new trailer looks pretty fun though. I dont know why I keep going back to Black Ops 2? I guess I like jumping into games and just running and gunning with goons

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Armed Assault is a fantastic simulator of what it's like to catch a stray bullet to the dome after lying in a prone position in a bunch of bushes for 3 hours.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Vasudus posted:

There are ArmA outfits that are so spergy that they have real, honest to god patches made and detailed rank structures that requires proper addressing. Like they do everything they possibly can to include the loving SINCGARS/TACSAT beeps when they talk on teamspeak.

When DayZ was super popular last summer we invaded an outfit's public TS server. They had a dude get super loving mad at us because he was a Warrant Officer 4 in their group and demanded to be addressed as chief. I opened my mic and laughed so loving hard I started to cough and wheeze while the dude frantically fumbled with ban controls.

Haha I've seen guys like that. Salutes and all, even NJP!

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

Haha I've seen guys like that. Salutes and all, even NJP!

I think it would be fun to have a GiP Arma III crew and just cheese off folks like that for fun and sport.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Wait a minute... People actually take airsoft seriously? Like they have matches and stuff? I am so confused right now.

To hopefully not derail the gently caress out of this thread, amazon has a good deal on Ticket to ride right now. You can buy the base game and 4 expansions for 6 and change. It would probably make a good game for GIP game night or something, the game is pretty solid, has a lot of people playing at any given time, and you can play it through steam or your web browser, possibly even your idevice, but I haven't tried that yet. .

Here is a link to the deal: Suck my nuts

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Goons are generally cool to play ArmA with because while they'll stick to fireteams and orders and poo poo they don't overdo it and don't turn off respawns

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

I think it would be fun to have a GiP Arma III crew and just cheese off folks like that for fun and sport.

I'm down with this.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
i call an e-4 billet, let me give you my resume:

-white trash
-alcoholic
-unreliable

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
LT here resume includes
-Northern Liberal
-Superiority Complex
-Book Learned

But seriously as soon as I get my new PC I wanna game with you boys.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can I get a civilian billet?

-Stuff is exploding over there
-That looks pretty cool

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
The BF3 update is insanely slow, its probably not just your crappy internets

I'm on a reliable 20 Mb/s and it is crawling

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

The same goes for flight sim goons. Some of those dudes run virtual squadrons with DO's and instructor-slotted dudes. It confounds me why these idiots would take all of the unfun poo poo from real-life and transpose it into a game.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Isn't there some crazy headset thing that actually turns you in game when you turn or some crap like that? It was some ~realism~ thing a lot of Arma types liked but don't remember what it was

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

holocaust bloopers posted:

The same goes for flight sim goons. Some of those dudes run virtual squadrons with DO's and instructor-slotted dudes. It confounds me why these idiots would take all of the unfun poo poo from real-life and transpose it into a game.

I'd imagine they find it novel and cool while we find it stupid and pointless.

mokey - i think you are thinking about TrackIR

http://www.amazon.com/TrackIr-Premium-Head-Tracking-Gaming-Pc/dp/B0029M6VKA

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Back in the days of Microsoft Flight Sim 2004(?)I flew for a virtual airline. Basically you get a list of flights, fly them, and either use the honor system or record a log. At first it was a neat way to see airports I never would have thought about otherwise. Then I started getting "orders" and well.

Any game with a small but dedicated community gets real stupid real fast.

genderstomper58 posted:

Isn't there some crazy headset thing that actually turns you in game when you turn or some crap like that? It was some ~realism~ thing a lot of Arma types liked but don't remember what it was

Yeah, TrackIR. Big in flight sims.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^^^
Hope they got competent people to run their virtual SARM office!

genderstomper58 posted:

TrackIR? And it's loving *brilliant*. I use it for FSX and DCS: A-10. It's seriously amazing for flight simming. I just really like A:10 cuz it's fun to blow up tanks and strafe runways when your buddy is taking off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is it worth buying in to Arma 3 now? I mean is it a playable alpha, or is it buggy as poo poo and no fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I'd buy it just for this. Not joking.

• Locked thread