Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Its not even necessarily quieter, the levels are just all hosed up. Sometimes he will get too close the mic and itll suddenly be way too loud and the rest of the episode is way too quiet. The music at the beginning and end is also way louder than the podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
All he would have to do is normalize the audio, which should be something he definitely knows how to do. It doesn't really bother me though.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
If you haven't been able to tell, Jonathan is back to not caring about the show.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

a starwar betamax posted:

If you haven't been able to tell, Jonathan is back to not caring about the show.

On the flip side, Seth has never cared more, it sounds like.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I have not noticed the funky levels but um usually not listening through headphones. I will probably notice now though. Has anyone actually told Jonathan through fb or email?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jesus christ :rolleyes:

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
On the other hand, however J-dog samples the intro and outro music is pretty good, always has a great sound.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

nub posted:

On the other hand, however J-dog samples the intro and outro music is pretty good, always has a great sound.

I want to say that he mixes the music in live, because a couple times they have actually commented on what is playing.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

mcvey posted:

Jesus christ :rolleyes:
Well I mean, why would he care, he's moving to New York soon anyway.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Jeff Wiiver posted:

You shut your dirty loving mouth

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

dvorak posted:

I want to say that he mixes the music in live, because a couple times they have actually commented on what is playing.

They have? I don't remember that. There have been a couple of times he's put music in that's directly been talked about in that particular show. But I'm pretty sure the music is mixed in afterwards.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

dvorak posted:

All he would have to do is normalize the audio, which should be something he definitely knows how to do. It doesn't really bother me though.

Actually, normalizing is bad audio practice and would in no way guarantee equal loudness across episodes. It is possible that he could raise the gain by hand though.

It also doesn't bother me.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 7, 2013

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

nub posted:

They have? I don't remember that. There have been a couple of times he's put music in that's directly been talked about in that particular show. But I'm pretty sure the music is mixed in afterwards.

The only one I can think of is where Jonathan sings Hey Now You're a Podcast for the intro.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

The Quake posted:

The only one I can think of is where Jonathan sings Hey Now You're a Podcast for the intro.

Yeah that's true, it was just like the karaoke track or whatever, and it sounded like poo poo. Not like the really nicely sampled real songs.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

Jeff Wiiver posted:

There's nowhere else for him to commit suicide the way he plans

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I want a Michael Jordon poster.

They finally mentioned the Breaking Bad idea theft!

dvorak fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 8, 2013

Enrico Furby
Jun 28, 2003

by Hand Knit
Two weeks since the show has been up? :(

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
But a new one just dropped! January and February are gone.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
UYD Episode 82: Nap time, Jew.

Enrico Furby
Jun 28, 2003

by Hand Knit

UP AND ADAM posted:

But a new one just dropped! January and February are gone.

Oh wow, 362 must've just dropped after I posted and went to bed. Nice, I have to pack today. <3<3<3

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Damo posted:

This was one of the few moments in a podcast that I've listened to at work that's made me have to get up and go somewhere else to laugh. Jah's laughter is infectious.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This is the first time I wanted to call in, just so I could say "Max Wright of ALF fame," but I figure a million people have already done this.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
The show has been great so far from episode 1 on, but they seem to have hit high gear around episode 75 or so, whenever Seth discovers Craigslist casual encounters for the first time. The show has been more hilarious than normal since.

When Jonathan notices that the casual encounters posts have a weird rhythm and flow to them and compares them to beatnik poetry, gently caress, I was dying. Seth started making up some beatnik craigslist poetry and was just killing Jonathan.

Another funny moment in episode 83 I think was how 2 fans wrote in talking about how they hate Seth's "1 fake horse name 1 real horse name" game. Now, gently caress them for thinking that segment is not funny, and I really hope it doesn't deter them from doing it in further episodes. However the spoof version of Seth's game they wrote to mock them was pretty drat funny. I agree with Seth, it's funny and only right that they get a little taste of their own medicine from time to time.

Also, recent episodes have many moments where Jonathan comments on Seth's physical mannerisms and it just makes me wish even more they had more video podcasts. Seeing the few Youtube videos they did shows how drat funny Seth can be acting out what he says, and it makes me wish you could see him when he reads his Craigslist or rants and raves.

There are so many great moments in this show I want to go back to, but there are so much, and so many episodes they are spread out in I just lose track. I had the same problem listening to the Ricky Gervais XFM shows/podcasts, but there's only 100 or so radio shows plus 30-40 podcasts. UYD has more than double that catalog size so it makes the problem even worse.

Anyway that's my UYD stream of consciousness for the day.

Damo fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 9, 2013

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

Damo posted:

also has one of my fave jah stories: "I LIKE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT MY RITALIN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaHLVDVVcE

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Brinstar Brew posted:

also has one of my fave jah stories: "I LIKE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT MY RITALIN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaHLVDVVcE

Why is the video there unlisted? That video is UYD gold, the perfect kind of promo for it. It should be open.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Levels seem fine on the new episode, I guess JahJah cares again.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Praise be to Jonathan most wise

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Praise be to Jonathan most wise

Ay, he was bringing it most bombaclot, see? He don respecognized.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

mcvey posted:

Levels seem fine on the new episode, I guess JahJah cares again.

Hes just trying to make everyone complacent before he moves to Canada this week

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I feel like maybe lately it's just the TV being on that's messing with Jonathan? He said himself that he gets distracted by it.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
The fact that Seth opts to just keep the TV going 24/7 than risk it never turning it on again is the funniest loving thing.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Seth's actual mental maladies are funnier than any of the wacky diseases he talked about in early eps.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm still like 70 episodes away from being caught up, does he still claim to be a latchkey kid?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
A huge appeal of the show for me is how much I identify with Seth's peculiarities.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I have a totally functional HD set I don't want and can't use after upgrading. I kind of just want to send it to him.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'm still like 70 episodes away from being caught up, does he still claim to be a latchkey kid?

No, he finally reveals in ep 345 (or 344, not sure which) that everything he has said about his childhood was a fabrication. He actually grew up in Carrollton Texas, as it turns out. Oh and he's not really a vegan.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

dvorak posted:

I have a totally functional HD set I don't want and can't use after upgrading. I kind of just want to send it to him.

I was thinking of setting up a paypal donation account to buy Seth a TV. Like a TLC 42" is mega cheap and good quality, and could be sent right to him.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

No, he finally reveals in ep 345 (or 344, not sure which) that everything he has said about his childhood was a fabrication. He actually grew up in Carrollton Texas, as it turns out. Oh and he's not really a vegan.

LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when does Seth claim to be vegan? Because in earlier episodes, he's mad in love with his toffifee. And in one episode, he teases j-dog with a twinkie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
He lives off wheat grass shots