Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Not pictured are the crooked aftermarket fender vents and more plastic lettering on the sides. The only thing missing is a chrome exhaust tip of some sort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Root Bear posted:

Not pictured are the crooked aftermarket fender vents and more plastic lettering on the sides. The only thing missing is a chrome exhaust tip of some sort:

Is that a Ford F150?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Root Bear posted:

It says Dodge Ram, so that would be even better :v:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

phade posted:

This poor Porsche showed up in the Japanese auction listings today:

Carrerosa?

This thing is actually an RX-7 isn't it?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
No.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012
I don't have a picture handy, but has anyone else seen cars with plastichrome outlining doors, windows, etc.?

Taste may be subjective, but jeez...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Duckboat posted:

I don't have a picture handy, but has anyone else seen cars with plastichrome outlining doors, windows, etc.?

Taste may be subjective, but jeez...

You mean every other 300C in the greater NW Washington area? Yes. Yes I have.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

Code Jockey posted:

Neon green? Yes.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

It does seem especially bad on those, yeah. My condolences.

I see it on those, minivans, Civics, the works, outside Boston.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I just ... uh.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That makes it better, somehow. It's okay.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Geirskogul posted:

That makes it better, somehow. It's okay.

I guess we can't all be super models, and not all cars need to not make people vomit in their mouthes.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Measly Twerp posted:

I just ... uh.

Hey, it's the new Jeep Cherokee!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What's that about jeep cherokees?

:eng99:

I don't even know where to start here...

I think the license plate terrifies me the most.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

phade posted:

This poor Porsche showed up in the Japanese auction listings today:

Carrerosa?

This is cool because it looks like what the 959 might have been like in the late 70's or something. Just needs that spoiler off the roof.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

kastein posted:

What's that about jeep cherokees?

:eng99:

I don't even know where to start here...

I think the license plate terrifies me the most.

Why is an OK plate scary?

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Why is an OK plate scary?

Scary as it means it's also driving on roads.

I also giggled a bit at the thought of a tiny man standing on the roof of it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Measly Twerp posted:

I just ... uh.

These drat pictures always break my brain. What is it about the multiple sets of eyes that your brain just can't interpret correctly. Also, it feels like it's moving.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fermunky posted:

You pretty much need a truck like that to drive county-maintained roads in Oklahoma.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Fermunky posted:

I also giggled a bit at the thought of a tiny man standing on the roof of it.

Oh I thought he just really doesn't like Fezzes

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No photos because I was laughing too hard, but it was just pouring rain and hail outside. I happened to be looking out the window when a guy in a Cobra (I'm assuming / hoping a kit) comes screaming down the road, notices our covered parking, stands on the brakes as best he can, and hides out in it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

No photos because I was laughing too hard, but it was just pouring rain and hail outside. I happened to be looking out the window when a guy in a Cobra (I'm assuming / hoping a kit) comes screaming down the road, notices our covered parking, stands on the brakes as best he can, and hides out in it.

Ugh...I've done that too getting caught in the rain with the roof out of my 944. You don't get too wet if you're doing more than 40 or so, but any less than that and things get lovely, so when you find someplace to pull off you do it in a hurry looking like a prick.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
How about a terrible video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z2AJkRUNIo

That's not gone well.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's not gone well.

Dios Mio!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's not gone well.
I'm pretty sure I heard a "Mamma mia" at one point. Poor guy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

Ugh...I've done that too getting caught in the rain with the roof out of my 944. You don't get too wet if you're doing more than 40 or so, but any less than that and things get lovely, so when you find someplace to pull off you do it in a hurry looking like a prick.

I was just laughing my rear end off, mostly at the idea that he would even take such a car out when the forecast all day has been "poo poo with a side of more poo poo". And yeah, with the road he was on and the water already built up on it, no way in hell was he going to be able to do 40 safely.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Fermunky posted:

Without brake lights or turn signals (in addition to everything else cringe-worthy about it?)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Zeether posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard a "Mamma mia" at one point. Poor guy.

And a "Madonna!"

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

And a "Madonna!"

You guys are missing the best Italian curse word, and the one that he says first: cazzo. And It was definitely appropriate.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I was just laughing my rear end off, mostly at the idea that he would even take such a car out when the forecast all day has been "poo poo with a side of more poo poo". And yeah, with the road he was on and the water already built up on it, no way in hell was he going to be able to do 40 safely.

All my phone said was that it was going to rain. When I heard the pounding on the roof at the office I rushed outside to move my car. Thankfully no damage.

Small potatoes to some of you but this is kind of scary to see in the middle of the god drat desert in March. Hell, it was 85 degrees and sunny yesterday. :psyduck:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's not gone well.

For me the worst thing in that video was right at the start. I hate, hate, hate people who try to merge onto a highway at stupidly slow speeds :argh:

Accelerate to match speed with traffic, then merge. NOT the other way around.

I get that the car with the camera in it probably knew the other car, given the Ferrari badge in their own car. And I can guess that the car that crashed may just have been slowing down to allow the other one to overtake it, but that's almost equally stupid. You don't overtake on the onramp! Especially not right at the part where it meets the highway.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
[RANT]I guess mine is less a pic image, and more of a general rant, but gently caress all of it. Growing up on a ranch, I hate seeing people driving pick-up trucks. We actually had a small ranch, and we built houses on the side. We, my family, had one pick-up truck,and one 4wd vehicle. Both of these met ALL of our needs. Whether hauling cattle or picking up supplies for building a whole goddman house. We needed nothing more than a full-size pick-up or a standard SUV of the time (1980-2000 Chevy Blazer) None of that trailBlazer BS. Everything we needed to do to run a 200+ Acre ranch we could do with those two vehicles. Now a days you see loving crew cab construction vehicles running around doing nothing more than loving looking "stylish" cuz "I might need to move a sofa or something someday."

I know this makes me a bit pissy, but gently caress all I grew up with pick-ups and suvs, and I loving hate driving the loving things cuz frankly they are work vehicles to me. I really don't get the US' addiction to these vehicles since they are a pain in the rear end to drive, and horrible to look at.[/RANT]

Sorry I don't have any images, but today I saw no less than two vehicles deserving of being in this thread. One had the rear passenger side quarter panel held on with seeminly only a ratcheted belt, and the other was two vehicles, both fords, with no less than 6 inch lifts, that have obviously never seen dirt much less mud, and giant truck nuts.

Refind Chaos fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 9, 2013

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I was actually already going to post these anyway before reading the last post so this works out pretty well.

"Hey you know what this truck needs? Green motherfucking headlights!"

The roads were icy and I was feeling like I wasn't driving the most reasonable car for the conditions until I saw this bro truck.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
gently caress those headlights are worthless.

Is the whole "one purple headlight and one green headlight" thing a fad/trend among ricers, or is it just ultra lovely bulbs, or what? I think I've asked this before, but not sure, and I keep seeing it around here.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

FIRST TIME posted:

I was actually already going to post these anyway before reading the last post so this works out pretty well.

"Hey you know what this truck needs? Green motherfucking headlights!"

The roads were icy and I was feeling like I wasn't driving the most reasonable car for the conditions until I saw this bro truck.

My favorites are the unblemished trucks that declare their cowboy/country bredness....You know these are anything but what they declare due to the immaculate condition.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ah yes, the Infiniti G35S GT Supercharged. I like the optional rear led fog lights because gently caress you.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Carteret posted:

Ah yes, the Infiniti G35S GT Supercharged. I like the optional rear led fog lights because gently caress you.

Appropos of nothing, the "GT" emblem is a legit Nissan heritage thing. Supposed to denote a certain trim level or some poo poo.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Just another day in the life of an Eclipse..