Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Since they've more or less confirmed that Episode VII will have Hamill, Ford, and Fisher returning as old folks passing on the torch like Lucas originally intended, do you guys think its safe to assume Disney won't be throwing the EU out the window (or at least not all of it?)

If this turns out to be the case, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the EU as of late has been godawful. But on the other hand, I've spent decades and a depressingly large sum of money keeping up with it. My bookshelf contains a copy of every EU book released, except some of the young adult books (which are a bitch to find). I'd hate to see all that go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I figure the odds of the torch getting passed on before movie 9 are slim to none.

Or rather, about as likely as it was in that 4th Indy movie.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't know why it surprises me that a Battlestar is so small.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Esroc posted:

Since they've more or less confirmed that Episode VII will have Hamill, Ford, and Fisher returning as old folks passing on the torch like Lucas originally intended, do you guys think its safe to assume Disney won't be throwing the EU out the window (or at least not all of it?)

If this turns out to be the case, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the EU as of late has been godawful. But on the other hand, I've spent decades and a depressingly large sum of money keeping up with it. My bookshelf contains a copy of every EU book released, except some of the young adult books (which are a bitch to find). I'd hate to see all that go to waste.

I don't see how Hamill, Ford, and Fisher returning as old folks would imply anything about what they're doing with the EU.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Esroc posted:

But it wouldn't go to waste if the EU is tossed out! Those stories will still exist!

If being rendered non-canon makes a story bad, the story was bad to begin with. A good non-canon story can still be enjoyed on its own merits.

Srice fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the official position of the EU will end up being "apocrypha", like the Star Trek EU.

I mean, I suppose that's kind of what it is at the moment, at least as far as George Lucas is concerned.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Srice posted:

But it wouldn't go to waste if the EU is tossed out! Those stories will still exist!

If being rendered non-canon makes a story bad, the story was bad to begin with. A good non-canon story can still be enjoyed on its own merits.

But part of the appeal of Star Wars is that (other than specifically designated Infinites stories) everything is part of the same overarching continuity. I picked up the latest novel release, The Last Jedi, and was pleased to discover that it referenced events from the Darth Maul story arc of the most recent season of Clone Wars. If you start rendering things non-canon, or having multiple timelines and continuities all over the place, it stops feeling like one large universe.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

But part of the appeal of Star Wars is that (other than specifically designated Infinites stories) everything is part of the same overarching continuity. I picked up the latest novel release, The Last Jedi, and was pleased to discover that it referenced events from the Darth Maul story arc of the most recent season of Clone Wars. If you start rendering things non-canon, or having multiple timelines and continuities all over the place, it stops feeling like one large universe.

But at some point it gets to be too crowded and explained out. It suffocates any future ideas. For instance, the only real unexplained or untouched piece of the Star Wars universe is the discovery of the Force and the founding of the Republic thousands of years before the first chronological EU stuff takes place (let along the many thousand before the original movies or prequels).

If they want to go and throw out all the EU stuff for Episode VII, just do it. Everything that came before will still exist (much like all of TNG/TOS/DS9/etc still exists even though the 09 Trek movie slid it aside) and everyone can read it if they want. But since the quality of that material is so uneven that it's loss isn't a huge thing.

Now if the EU was this crowning achievement of expanded fiction, like a sanctioned Harry Potter Universe series that was consistent and garnered a real following all its own, then tossing it aside would be a terrible thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Thwomp posted:

But at some point it gets to be too crowded and explained out. It suffocates any future ideas. For instance, the only real unexplained or untouched piece of the Star Wars universe is the discovery of the Force and the founding of the Republic thousands of years before the first chronological EU stuff takes place (let along the many thousand before the original movies or prequels).

If they want to go and throw out all the EU stuff for Episode VII, just do it. Everything that came before will still exist (much like all of TNG/TOS/DS9/etc still exists even though the 09 Trek movie slid it aside) and everyone can read it if they want. But since the quality of that material is so uneven that it's loss isn't a huge thing.

Now if the EU was this crowning achievement of expanded fiction, like a sanctioned Harry Potter Universe series that was consistent and garnered a real following all its own, then tossing it aside would be a terrible thing.

Well, the Star Wars chronology has not reached that point yet. There are plenty of "time slots" left in and around the existing EU that haven't been touched, and its not like every single book has to feature Han/Luke/Leia or Obi-wan/Anakin. The Last Jedi doesn't have any film characters in it other than Vader, the X-Wing Mercy Kill book has Wedge showing up for 2 or 3 pages and other than that its all original characters.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Well, the Star Wars chronology has not reached that point yet. There are plenty of "time slots" left in and around the existing EU that haven't been touched, and its not like every single book has to feature Han/Luke/Leia or Obi-wan/Anakin. The Last Jedi doesn't have any film characters in it other than Vader, the X-Wing Mercy Kill book has Wedge showing up for 2 or 3 pages and other than that its all original characters.

But it sounds like the producers/director want to do something with Episode VII that may conflict with existing EU stories (by bringing in the old cast).

Instead of hemming the filmmakers in, I say let 'em chuck the EU out the window if they need to tell an interesting new story.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

jivjov posted:

If that's the appeal of Star Wars then I've been doing it wrong since I was 10. :v: There's no appreciating the continuity when so much of it's flat out terrible. The EU has its bright spots but that doesn't stop it from being a massive bloated drag on the original trilogy.

Seriously, it's great that you like it but uh, don't speak for the rest of us, please and thank you. If VII burns down the EU* then it'll be a Great Good Thing. In my personal opinion, of course.

ninjaedit: *Considering we have the privilege to decide what is and is not canon in our own heads, this really should not be an issue. So long as Lucas doesn't go crazy with lawyers and try to destroy all copies of EU material on the planet Earth then there is nothing to worry about.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HIJK posted:

If that's the appeal of Star Wars then I've been doing it wrong since I was 10. :v: There's no appreciating the continuity when so much of it's flat out terrible. The EU has its bright spots but that doesn't stop it from being a massive bloated drag on the original trilogy.

Seriously, it's great that you like it but uh, don't speak for the rest of us, please and thank you. If VII burns down the EU* then it'll be a Great Good Thing. In my personal opinion, of course.

ninjaedit: *Considering we have the privilege to decide what is and is not canon in our own heads, this really should not be an issue. So long as Lucas doesn't go crazy with lawyers and try to destroy all copies of EU material on the planet Earth then there is nothing to worry about.

Please note that I said part of the appeal, not the only appeal. I'm not speaking for anyone else, merely presenting my own viewpoint. For every EU story that you like seeing "burned down", there's a fan out there that is sad to see it go.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thwomp posted:

They're doing a comic book series about that. John Ostrander is writing it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I just feel that the novels being attached to an ongoing continuity is just icing on the cake; no matter how good the frosting is, it won't do you any good if the cake's made of poo poo.

It could be my frustration with superhero comics talking here, but I feel that having a massive continuity with dozens of writers doing their own thing is way more trouble than it's worth. When it works out it's good fun, but there's plenty of cases where it feels like writers are being kept on a short leash in order to not interfere with each other, or cases where writers make passive-aggressive jabs at each other. That sort of thing.

If a book is good it can stand alone on its own merits; the consequences of whatever happens in said book a few years down the line in a new series written by a different author shouldn't affect its quality.

On the flip side, I'm sure there are plenty of bad EU books that some people only read to stay caught up on the canon. Would anyone willingly read about space bug orgies if you didn't need to in order understand the books that came after it? (Outside of wanting to see just how bad it is, of course)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Honestly, I'm most hopeful that they'll burn the EU but take parts from it that people like and integrate them in a different way. Say Luke's settled down and had kids, there's no real reason his wife shouldn't be Mara Jade. Does she have to be a force user? Not at all, but would it be nice if they kept the personality? Yeah it would.

Similarly if you're going for a returning empire, then it would be cool if there was a blue skinned general called Thrawn who was tactically very smart. Perhaps not an overwhelming military super genius, but still there.

Basically, I think it's completely reasonable to be able to build a new continuity whilst also taking the best aspects of the old one in helpful new directions. For all the poo poo there is a lot of good material there to work with and it would be a waste not to use it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Honestly, I'm most hopeful that they'll burn the EU but take parts from it that people like and integrate them in a different way. Say Luke's settled down and had kids, there's no real reason his wife shouldn't be Mara Jade. Does she have to be a force user? Not at all, but would it be nice if they kept the personality? Yeah it would.

Similarly if you're going for a returning empire, then it would be cool if there was a blue skinned general called Thrawn who was tactically very smart. Perhaps not an overwhelming military super genius, but still there.

Basically, I think it's completely reasonable to be able to build a new continuity whilst also taking the best aspects of the old one in helpful new directions. For all the poo poo there is a lot of good material there to work with and it would be a waste not to use it.

This is how I feel about it, too. I think they should use the EU the same way Nolan used Batman comics for his Batman movies. He took elements from the comics where it worked (Bane is a super strong guy with a mask who breaks the Bat) and left what didn't (Bane no longer where's the Mexican wrestler mask). It can be the same here. If somethings are good or can work for the new stories, sure, use them, but don't be beholden to them.

I love most of the EU (clearly some parts more than others), but I want them to make the best movies they can. Being locked into the EU would make that more difficult.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no reason at all that Disney should keep the EU.

Can you seriously imagine that poo poo? "So, uh, you're telling me Han and Leia had three kids... and one of them was murdered by torture-aliens and the other was killed by the third after he became a Sith? Sure, I don't see why we wouldn't want to keep that. I'm sure casual Star Wars fans would love hearing about the murder of their favorite hero's children. What happened to Chewbacca anyway? Oh, he was hit by a moon? Well, okay!"

It would certainly make people look more positively back on the prequels at least.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
No sorry, the prequals were still poo poo.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It was all worth Episode I Podracing for the N64, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

No sorry, the prequals were still poo poo.

The prequels were complete poo poo and yet they lacked Lord Nyax and his kneesabers and bug orgies.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

It was all worth Episode I Podracing for the N64, though.

More like the arcade version with a full pod to sit and steer in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The prequels were complete poo poo and yet they lacked Lord Nyax and his kneesabers and bug orgies.

Childhood tears. When you are a kid you expect the actual product to not loving suck, unlike the novels from the eighties.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SeanBeansShako posted:

Childhood tears. When you are a kid you expect the actual product to not loving suck, unlike the novels from the eighties.

When you are a kid novels from the 80s are an actual product.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
And a lot of the old Bantam novels are pretty good, if you're willing to roll with the crazy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You guys got the later part of the OT and the Thrawn trilogy. We nineties kids got Jedi loving Prince, the OT with the silly edits and the prequals.

At least we had LucasArts before the rot.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SeanBeansShako posted:

You guys got the later part of the OT and the Thrawn trilogy. We nineties kids got Jedi loving Prince, the OT with the silly edits and the prequals.

At least we had LucasArts before the rot.

But the Thrawn trilogy started coming out in 1991, only one year before the Jedi Prince series started.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of bad books, why is the other thread locked? It was hilarious.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Speaking of bad media, rumor is TCW is being killed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

effectual posted:

Speaking of bad books, why is the other thread locked? It was hilarious.

Sadly, I think most of the books had been done and people ran out of steam reading and contributing. It was good fun while it lasted :smith:.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

api call girl posted:

Speaking of bad media, rumor is TCW is being killed.

Basically because at the end, I was the only one who had any steam to contribute. I'm gonna at least finish the Beast Lords of Onderon (live got really busy) so I guess I'll toss it up here instead of there then.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Yep, they're killing TCW.

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They're also aborting that god-awful Seth Green show.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They're also aborting that god-awful Seth Green show.

I don't have a problem with this. I feel like the Robot Chicken Specials covered that territory well enough. From what I've seen, it didn't look that good.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So.. Yeah

Let's Read!

Issue Two (putting this here because the other thread got locked due to me being the only contributor any more)

We return to our story with the Nebulon Ranger crashing down after a “seeker Missile” managed to blow up it's wing. The perspective in the cockpit is... odd.

And the last panel has a Sam Site straight out of Command and Conquer manned by one guy, with a cheerleader and a spotter across what I assume is a Mario-esque bottomless pit. The gunner is shouting “That'll teach them to enter the territory of Modon Kira”.

The dynamic trio manages to land their Tardis-like space ship (seriously, the cockpit grows and shrinks as the artist wants it to) on a cliff that is EXACTLY formed for their ship. It's got a cliff on one side that's perfect for their stupidly oversized wing to not get broken by, and their cockpit/undercarriage seems to be at the exact angle the cliff needs for the ship not to be a burning broken wreck.

So, what happens the minute they pop the hatch? A Boma shows up. You may remember them from Knights of the Old Republic II as the green beasties on Duxn. This one is... decidedly spikier.

vs.

Tater Tot and Ulic pop up and ignite their green sticks (they apparently don't have hilts because the artist just decided [effort]. Ulic askes if Tater Tot can “pacify them”, because he's an alien... and his special ability is “understanding beast-languages” (direct quote). He proceeds to growl like a dog...

quote:

FNRRG! GNRRARRG SNNRRUF SNROO!
Which the monster understands and proceeds to “Grr” back. Then Tater Tot proceeds to give us the closest thing to a smile I've ever seen on him... it's not :) but it's more :-I with squity eyes and upturned (barely) edges.

So now Ulic and Co. have become BOMA CAVALRY! And are charging to the rescue of the kidnapped princess. They find her mid-marriage ceremony with beads in her hair and a tunic. Also the priest is from Asia it seems due to coloring issues. So the recue proceeds as actiony as possible, with everyone and their brother yanking out a blaster to shoot at the three jedi, and missing … and no I don't mean “most miss and the jedi block a few” I mean that these guys are practically shooting straight over the heads of three men on charging spiky beasts. Ulic scoops up the Princess who screams “NOOOOO!” and proceeds to tell him “I don't want to be rescued!” while making a face like she is constipated and on the toilet.

Everyone figures out something stupid is going on, and they all call time out and sit down to feast. The princess changes her clothes (including getting a proper tiara) and we see her future husband, Oron Kira, his dad, Modon Kira, and his grand dad, Drokko the Elder. The Feast begins with Modon (the King) declaring “I am ready to talk PEACE... but am als ready to make WAR!” There's a little line about the Elder having an unhealing wound (dun dun DUUUUNNNN!), before Modon pitches a toast to the Jedi that he's known for five seconds but has heard legends of (well not these specific jedi anyway).

I remind you, the reason that Ulic and co. are on this mission... is because the Republic just made contact with these yahoos.

Oh, and we get Cay being Captain ADD again:

It's here we learn that, somehow, the beast lords have somehow found a way to get in and out of the city, undetected, to the point that they can get all the way into the palace (where Oron and the princess had love at first sight). Also, the bitch queen who's xenophobic? Dark Sider... because it wasn't obvious to anyone. Apparently Four Centuries prior to this adventure, Freedon Nadd popped up on planet and proceeded to set himself up as the ruler. Anyone who challenged the power of the Dark Side was promptly kicked out to play with beasties. Including Grandpa “Unhealing wound”. It should be noted that both Drokko and Modon Kira (grandpa and dad) have “criminal” tattoo's on their heads... meaning they both got captured, “tried” and ejected from the city. And the way it's put in, I assume it's at different times.

So, part of all this is that the beast lords are just now massing for the Final Battle(tm) against the city. Ulic decides to be hoplessly stupid and says that if the Marriage were revealed to the queen, somehow the Queen would see reason. EVERYBODY calls him on this and the old fart (who doesn't talk according to the narration boxes) proceeds to ask “If you fail, will you help us make war against the Dark Side?” Ulic declares “I will not fail!” with the caveat that if he does, well, he's gonna have to fight anyawy.

The next panel has the Jedi, in their repaired ship, flying towards the city with two escorts, the cities defenses proceed to start shooting. The Jedi trio get through the defenses giving a very... basic radio call (to the point it reeks of bad security on the part of the City), and the ship lands. They walk in to the queen shouting “My only daughter, how Dare you betray us! Never will you belong to an outcast! I will see you DIE first!”

Because the writer is Tom Veitch (of Dark Empire), We have all the characters saying that the only way for onderon to “leave the dark ages” behind is to accept the marriage, or the “sky will grow dark with the wings of war beasts”. The queen promptly yells “if you want Darkness, I'LL SHOW YOU DARKNESS!” because apparently she's now as hammy as a 2 bit fantasy villain. Queen promptly enacts a ritual, which shows that Veitch just took that fantasy story that he had tucked away and changed a few things to make it Star Wars (Winged Beasts=Dragons, queen=evil sorcoress, everyone=fighters with swords, and the White Knights). Basically the effects of the queens “spell”? Cuts all the lights, and that's about it. The text boxes are telling me that there's people trying to grab the characters, but in the panel it says that, there's only blaster bolts. Oh, and Cay is left behind.

War is declared and we see the army moving out, seemingly in single file right next to the wall. Soo... how is this tactically sound again? Anyway, the next few pages are remarkably generic war, with overly muscled and armored guys shooting various levels of ludicrous weapons at each other. Oh and the wall that stops anyone from getting past? Well, the beasts just fly straight over it. Go loving figure.

We come back to Cay, who grabs the queen (who's now drawn in full on crazy witch mode) and tells her to just turn the lights back on. She just giggles at him before her guards shoot his hand, sending his light saber into somebody elses thigh, and then chop of his loving arm.
And now, the most over the top scream in comics:

And the queen flees to Freedon Nadds tomb to start using magic to turn the tide. Ulic runs back, grabs Cay, and gets him out of danger (and it looks like Cay's giblets are spewing out of him). Also, Cay declares “I am not left handed” and sees a droid. He proceeds to yank the droids arm off to make his own prosthetic. He's... pretty coherent for a guy who's probably in stupid amounts of pain.

Cut back to the battle, where magic Queen Galia has used her Battle Meditation to basically make everyone sick, and cause the beasts to flip their lids. Also, two overly smug Iziz defenders giggle about how screwed the Beast lords are due to having “the ultimate power on [their] side!” However... in the sky... it's a SPACE ACURA! Yeah, in the anti-climax of all anti-climaxes, basically Master Acura pops up and proceeds to out battle meditate Galia. The book tries to make it this big dramatic moment (using an unnamed beast lord and a random trooper to show the momentum turning, with the lord on his back about to be shanked, only to grab the knife and do the shanking himself), but really? It's just kinda “meh”. Oh and Ulic and company? They aren't fighting any more, they're just standing on the top of the palace watching the smoke in the distance. Which is when we're officially notified (by Tater Tot just saying it) that the Beast Lords have won.

Master Acura lands and proceeds to look about as disproving as a human being can... either that or he's really satisfied with himself.

And also pokes fun at Cay LOSING HIS loving ARM! Seriously, how is that guy still standing with a bloody stump... He proceeds to tear Ulic a new one for not noticing the obvious from the start, and for not actually, you know, helping the battle (describing battle meditation). Tater Tot is ignored, and the only art of him looks like he's about to start crying black eyeliner and pitch an emo fit.

They then troop down to Freedon Nadd's tomb, where the Queen is still trying to summon the devil from hell. However, Master Acura's presence (seriously) is simply to much light side for her to handle, and she screams and dies. No fighting, no climax, just “OH poo poo! LIGHT! Urk!” LOOK!

Her daughter bitches because “I still loved my mommy” while Acura does his best mummy impression to open the sarcophagus and then grave robs Freedon Nadd's lightsaber.

And that's about it... The two lovers get married, Tater Tot's still pissed, Cay is as happy as can be (attaching a droid arm to his body), and Acura says that Ulic is gonna have to watch out for more dark siders with the last line being “Ulic, I hope you don't fall to the dark side”.

Nice foreshadowing.

Oh... and because I'm not gonna let's read this BS, here's Nomi Sunrider's story in 6 panels.

We're so happy, I don't care if my hair is stupid

Oh gently caress I died fast!

I'll be your new master! I'm a dinosaur!

The chick does have a bra... but apparently it fell off between a few panels.

I can't use a lightsaber! I hate them since I used one to slice up one of my husbands killers!

Oh noes! Pirates attacked and captured my dinosaur!

Ok, my character arc is over, I use lightsabers now and am just gonna be mowing down these fuckers like no tomorrow!

And Just because of ;how... unique it is, here's two pages where they discuss Jedi and the dark side.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calax posted:

And now, the most over the top scream in comics:

I have never ever ever been able to take this panel as seriously as it's meant to be.

Calax posted:

And Just because of ;how... unique it is, here's two pages where they discuss Jedi and the dark side.

These pages were probably the best thing in the whole TPB.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 12, 2013

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Honestly? I'm not sure which is worse. Cay's "MY ARM!" panel, or the two of Nomi's husband getting killed.

Also, like I said, Cay's arm has a rediculous amount of blood and other... crap spewing from it in the panels after his arm is lost. And yet he's still able to walk, talk, and do whatever perfectly fine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calax posted:

Honestly? I'm not sure which is worse. Cay's "MY ARM!" panel, or the two of Nomi's husband getting killed.

"MY ARM!" would have been a lot better than, "ULIIIIIIIC! THEY CUT OFF MY ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRM!"

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

True. I do feel it should be pointed out that those last two pages (where they show medieval jedi/sith), are narrated by a tree jedi.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

In the new issue of the Star Wars comic, a pilot said the TIE Interceptor comes with shields and a hyperdrive. Why don't dudes who write this stuff do any research?

It says on Wookieepedia that they can get an upgrade to shields and a hyperdrive...I don't know. It seems silly to contradict what fans expect in a comic like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

alg posted:

In the new issue of the Star Wars comic, a pilot said the TIE Interceptor comes with shields and a hyperdrive. Why don't dudes who write this stuff do any research?

It says on Wookieepedia that they can get an upgrade to shields and a hyperdrive...I don't know. It seems silly to contradict what fans expect in a comic like that.

To be fair, having an interceptor without shields is roughly analogous to buying a porsche at full price with no insurance, no bumpers, and no airbag. Also it's considered "totaled" and you die if you get into a fender bender.